Pokemon Desolation Episode 5

Caz

Caz, you should bow and pray to the almighty Lord Duskull, he will make all your problems disappear....then he will disappear too but still! On that note is there a rough estimation of how long til episode 3 is or not far along enough to make an estimate?

• Developers

Caz, you should bow and pray to the almighty Lord Duskull, he will make all your problems disappear....then he will disappear too but still! On that note is there a rough estimation of how long til episode 3 is or not far along enough to make an estimate?

No. Bellsprout already has that position.

I can't promise a release date because it creates too much pressure but follow the progress log on the original post to get a rough idea.

Edited by Caz

My Logy Goomy and his noble servant Sir Scrafty will be the reason that he disappears. And they shall make him disappear without allowing him to "make all your problems disappear" as that sounds like he's gonna end your life. Which while it would remove all current issues... it creates about 99 more. (although a M-Lopunny aint one of them). Don't try to fight it. Lord Goomy is life. Sir Scrafty is death. Master Bellsprout is... BATSHET CRAZY YO PAAAARRRRTAAAYYYY *ahem* i mean... flexibility?

Alright so nearly cleared the episode I assume, one small issue that I thought I should point out; while in Vejyr if you wind up KO'd you go back to either the rest house you encounter before hand or to the Pokémon Center in Redcliff dependent on which you used last. I feel like you should return to your currently present Green-Haired Heals opposed to one of the mentioned places. Otherwise, you're wasting time getting back to the cave and getting back in to the action, running in to wild Pokémon along the way.

Also, I would recommend while in Vejyr, you place another method of healing deeper in; such as one of the healing kits/crystals or something similar. I mention this solely because my only KO was due to a wild Pokémon Encounter while trying to get back to the cave entrance for healing.

Other than that, this is very solid. The Sprite Work is admittedly the weakest point of the game so far, but that can be rectified later, you might even be able to get some community volunteers to help out. I've also swapped my entire trainer sprite set with one from Rejuvenation, mostly because I felt the overworld sprites looked... Elvish.

Other than what I've mentioned, the biggest problem I ran in to; if you are a female character, you are referred to as male consistently throughout the game and it really breaks immersion. So it might be a good idea to check up on or add in flags for the dialogue.

I would also suggesting adding more methods to reverse Connor's field effect other than Gust. His fight was unnecessarily difficult for my level capped team because of his field. If I didn't have Pidgeotto, it would have been a losing fight. I would also suggest adding in an extra Poison Pokémon or two, other than Wurmple/Starters. I would LOVE a mono-poison Starter, something like Grimer or Trubbish would be perfect.

• Developers

Alright so nearly cleared the episode I assume, one small issue that I thought I should point out; while in Vejyr if you wind up KO'd you go back to either the rest house you encounter before hand or to the Pokémon Center in Redcliff dependent on which you used last. I feel like you should return to your currently present Green-Haired Heals opposed to one of the mentioned places. Otherwise, you're wasting time getting back to the cave and getting back in to the action, running in to wild Pokémon along the way.

Fair enough. I relate to that and will make Ava a spawn upon whiting out.

Other than that, this is very solid. The Sprite Work is admittedly the weakest point of the game so far, but that can be rectified later,

Episode 2+ sprites are of significantly higher quality. That being said, sprites from Episode 1 will be updated in Episode 3.

I would also suggesting adding more methods to reverse Connor's field effect other than Gust. His fight was unnecessarily difficult for my level capped team because of his field. If I didn't have Pidgeotto, it would have been a losing fight. I would also suggest adding in an extra Poison Pokémon or two, other than Wurmple/Starters. I would LOVE a mono-poison Starter, something like Grimer or Trubbish would be perfect.

Agree about the Poison Type thing, Grimer could be a thing in the Jungle perhaps. As for the Connor battle, many people claim him to be too easy or too hard, it's tricky to balance due to it being so heavily impacted by which mainstream starter you choose. However I am planning to nerf his field slightly for the next release.

Edited by Caz
  • Upvote 1

Just decided to check out how it was coming along, noticed a new update happened, AND RECORDED IT! hope you all enjoy!

yes it does have my talking for a minute, but don't worry! the gameplay is a minute in!

• Developers

Just decided to check out how it was coming along, noticed a new update happened, AND RECORDED IT! hope you all enjoy!

Really great video man. I won't lie, I watched all of it.

Just got to the end of the current content.

The tone so far strikes a pretty good balance. What helps a lot right now is that unlike the other Reborn-likes popping up, you're exploring a tropical island instead of being shoved into yet another laggy dry city. So you have a pretty good adventure vibe that I liked the most, like I said before. While it's too early to say if I like the characters so far, I'm interested in them, so that's already pretty good. I don't want to punch anyone's face in yet (looking at you, Venam/Nim/Saki/Amber) which is a plus.

The locations and settings bring everything together nicely, the ghosts just wandering around the hill worked out well. You managed to turn Shiv from an annoying magical plot man to someone pretty interesting within one episode, so well done on that. You just have to make him not use a Reborn PC's sprite and he's set. Also interesting to see the boss of the evil team be someone pretty young and actually trying to recruit the player, assuming Nova actually is the evil team's boss. Also, her trainer title is Meteor Boss, I'm not sure if you've fixed that already.

Like I said before, this has a lot of promise. I wouldn't advise trying to make it darker than it is right now, because you can only tell a dark story with Pokemon graphics for so long before it gets really stupid. I'm not so sure about the credits system right now, because it seems more like a lot of padding content than anything. You might run out of interesting quests soon. Also, there really should be more water Pokemon available, considering the general climate and geography. Is that fisherman supposed to give up his rod? And again, I'm not a fan of jamming memes into a game, but I can ignore it if it's just side content.

This is pretty good so far, I mean it. You can ask me for any more opinions if you like.

I would also like to mention, along with agreeing with all of the above post, that you should consider implementing a teleport between the Ranger's Guild/Jinx Lab and the area before the volcano. Having to constantly backtrack through it to complete Ranger quests can wear people out.

• Developers

I love jamming references and meme into SIDE content, no one can take that luxury away [:

I don't plan on putting a teleporter near the volcano. Instead, I actually have plans to put one inside the Red cliff Lab.

I love jamming references and meme into SIDE content, no one can take that luxury away [:

I don't plan on putting a teleporter near the volcano. Instead, I actually have plans to put one inside the Red cliff Lab.

keep being so nice giving us all these teleporters and we won't ever need fly :P (hint hint cough cough)

so help me caz, if you make a T3RR4 style-ish MAIN character i will be your biggest fan. Her run was waaay to short. hell i took pictures of most of her dialogue... then i broke my phone so it's lost until i tighten up and replay reborn... as if.

• Developers

so help me caz, if you make a T3RR4 style-ish MAIN character i will be your biggest fan.

Uh... At least I can say you won't be disappointed by the next Episode.

Uh... At least I can say you won't be disappointed by the next Episode.

the hype has increased 10 fold. :D

Much Rebel, shall be disappointed by next episode just to be different :P

Much rebel, much fun, much growing to be done <.>