[E19] Pyrolusitium Z2 v2.3b - A Pokémon Reborn UI overhaul, now with 100% more actual overhauling !

Pyrolusite

On 6/21/2020 at 1:35 AM, Gastronely said:

I know it says [18.3], but is there a chance of this mod working on 18.4?

Oh yeah it should work for 18.4, like Edo said above. Fixing the title.

I thought I'd be notified if someone posted here, might have unfollowed the thread by accident... oh well !

In other news, I'll probably work on that stuff again soon.

I'm considering adding a non-Game-z variant for the battle bars in bonus content, because I'm not sure how permanent the font placement is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2019 at 4:06 AM, Pyrolusite said:

forumbanner.png.ea59b5f8f447134fa875391686a014ed.png

v0.5 WIP (for Pokemon Rejuvenation v12)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm way too lazy to make a real mod that renames the wallpapers, so here are their names and what background to expect :

Monochrome = Grass
Urban = Normal
Beach = Ground
Forest = Electric
Wasteland = Fighting
Wilderness = Fire
Rustic = Ice
Snowy = Rock
Desert = Poison
Lake = Water
Volcano = Dragon
Crystal Cave = Flying
Library = Ghost
Chess = Steel
Moon = Psy
Sword = Bug
Ruby = Fairy
Sapphire = Dark
Emerald = Type-less
Amethyst = Simple dark background
Checks = Centered pokéball
Reborn = Reborn Logo
Meteor = Team Meteor
Arceus = Centered Egg

Changes :

Reveal hidden contents

PZR v0.3 :

- Party screen !

- Status effects and types !

- Tweaks on summary to reflect the new types

PZ v1.11 :

- Updated the online UI stuff

- Removed the trainer card background logo

- Small improvements to the "party ball"

(changes on tradebackground, tradebottom, onlinewaiting, partyBall, partyBallSel, trainer card)

PZ v1.10 :

- Fixed inconsistencies between Stats and EV/IV summaries.

PZR v0.2 :

- Enhancements to Battle UI

- Added all Summary UI

v1.9 :

- Small improvements to Pokemon Info GUI (graphical tweaks and better font compatibility)

- Badge tweaks

- Added a WIP light-theme variant of this pack, intended for Rejuvenation. Battle UI only for now.

v1.8 :

- Last iteration for the default, amethyst and sapphire theme trainer cards [trainercard.png]

- Steel icon tweak (Battle buttons + box background) [box13.png, battleFightButtons.png]

- New battle command buttons [battleCommandButtons.png]

v1.7 :

- New iteration for the trainer card ("neutral" by default, "team meteor" in bonus content)

- New battle status display

- Minor changes to battle bars

- Trainer cards for Cobalt & Amethyst themes, but based on the old variant, rework is planned.

v1.6 :

- Reworked trainer card

- Reworked badges

v1.5 :

- Improvements on the Milotic custom shiny.

- Fully added the Clefable custom shiny, it wasn't intended to be available as soon as 1.4 since the backsprite was missing.

- Some changes to the file architecture

-- SWM Modular Modpack support now opt-out. If you use (or want to use) SWM, install it before installing my pack.

-- Custom shinies are now opt-in. I'm well aware it's a mixed bag, so from now on you'll have to grab them from the "Bonus Content" folder.

- Probably some other small changes I forgot about.

v1.4 :

- Partial rework of everything :

-- Slight changes to the Pokedex Screen

-- Default Pokegear theme is a bit less colorful

-- Party screen changes

-- Improved battle-related buttons (actions, moves and z-type/megaevol)

v1.3 :

- New Pokemon details UI !

- Milotic custom shiny changes.

- Types are now center-aligned.

- Small tweaks everywhere.

- Adjusted "Amethyst Edition" Pokegear jukebox.

v1.2 :

- A new custom shiny you've never seen coming.

- Bag UI rework, with available alternatives like the Pokegear !

- A new Pokegear/Bag theme has been added, "Amethyst Edition" !

- Small box backgrounds tweaks.

- Reworked/Recolored online trading UI.

v1.1 :

- New SWM MultiSelectPC selector, the old one didn't fit with the boxes backgrounds anymore.

- Added PC Party reskin, I forgot to rework it before the first release.

- Minor tweaks on the Reborn Ball used on the Party screen.

- Tweaks on the PC pokemon summary and in-battle moves UI.

- Big improvements on the Pokegear menu : a new "Reborn" theme is the default, and an improved variant of the "Cobalt Edition" theme is available in the "Moar Stuff" folder.

- New online waiting screen.

hey, so i have a little bit of a problem with the rejuvenation texture pack, when using a crest or even mega ring the icon is off center. do you have any idea on how to fix this?

Edited by Melons

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 3:43 PM, Melons said:

hey, so i have a little bit of a problem with the rejuvenation texture pack, when using a crest or even mega ring the icon is off center. do you have any idea on how to fix this?

Could you send me a screenshot ? I didn't reach that point in the game yet, so I didn't have the opportunity to test that, but I should be able to fix it.

In other news, a rectified variant of the Reborn battle UI is ready to be uploaded, since the font offsets have been fixed.

I just want to finish at least uniformizing the pokemon boxes before updating the thread though, so you'll have to be a bit more patient, sorry !

Hey, it's fine, take your time XD

Your custom UI for both Reborn and Rejuvenation clearly display the level of skills and passion that went into these. But i like your idea to provide separate versions for Reborn's Game.exe and Game-Z.exe.

Also, you might want to consider that Rejuvenation might start using the new engine that Reborn's Game-Z.exe runs on as well in future versions, as this engine makes the game run that much smoother.

On 8/25/2020 at 12:08 PM, Pyrolusite said:

Could you send me a screenshot ? I didn't reach that point in the game yet, so I didn't have the opportunity to test that, but I should be able to fix it.

In other news, a rectified variant of the Reborn battle UI is ready to be uploaded, since the font offsets have been fixed.

I just want to finish at least uniformizing the pokemon boxes before updating the thread though, so you'll have to be a bit more patient, sorry !

I already fixed it myself, ill send a screenshot later tho just so other people dont have to go trough that. 

On 8/25/2020 at 1:46 PM, ShogokiX said:

Hey, it's fine, take your time XD

Your custom UI for both Reborn and Rejuvenation clearly display the level of skills and passion that went into these. But i like your idea to provide separate versions for Reborn's Game.exe and Game-Z.exe.

Also, you might want to consider that Rejuvenation might start using the new engine that Reborn's Game-Z.exe runs on as well in future versions, as this engine makes the game run that much smoother.

Thanks for the compliment !

With the font fixing that happened on Reborn though, it's no longer necessary to make that separation. The font offset was basically the only reason for said version split to happen.

13 hours ago, Melons said:

I already fixed it myself, ill send a screenshot later tho just so other people dont have to go trough that. 

Thank you ! Please show me what you did as well, so that I can rectify it for the next update.

20 minutes ago, Pyrolusite said:

With the font fixing that happened on Reborn though, it's no longer necessary to make that separation. The font offset was basically the only reason for said version split to happen.

Well, that's good to hear. Still looking forward to where this journey is going XD

1 hour ago, Pyrolusite said:

Thanks for the compliment !

Thank you ! Please show me what you did as well, so that I can rectify it for the next update.

Capture.PNG.c2b4b264656e90e4bd602cea31e09d96.PNG what it originally looked like

battlePlayerBoxD.png.25533aaca030e4ad1ada7b905e372692.png this is what i changed it to

as you can see, i removed the status part. you can probably fit it in, i just didnt find it necesarry and removed it, cuz i dont like when things are of center. should be a pretty easy fix, just took a while for me cuz its the first time i've edited a picture.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

It's about time !

PZ v1.12 :

- Minimalist Indicators support ! With 3 presets : default, bright types (low contrast variant) and SINFUL (full text, half pixels) for people wanting the clarity of SWM type displays.

- Uniformized all the box backgrounds and made the neutral ones. 14 left to finish.

- Battle UI tweaks (text offset from game-z.exe is no longer here)

I'm aware about the mega/crest icon offset in Rejuv, but since Megas are not out until v13 and the positionning is indeed a bit wonky, I'll wait before attempting something more serious.

I'm updating an attempted fix for the time being, PZR v0.5b.

EDIT : Updated the PZ archive again, the MI Sinful variant didn't have updated type bars for MI 1.0.6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hey the download links are not working for me can you please update the links to mega or something...... i am a big fan of the pack and have already installed v1.11 for reborn but want to update to v1.12 and also need the rejuvenation  pack.... Great work @Pyrolusite....

Sorry my network issue ... anyway thanks buddy

On 10/6/2020 at 2:20 PM, Omsk said:

hey the download links are not working for me can you please update the links to mega or something...... i am a big fan of the pack and have already installed v1.11 for reborn but want to update to v1.12 and also need the rejuvenation  pack.... Great work @Pyrolusite....

Sorry my network issue ... anyway thanks buddy

Just added Google Drive download links, let me know if it works !

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Omsk said:

hey @Pyrolusite missing your theme for v13 of rejuvenation .... do you plan on making them? Also can i use v12 on v13?

Unless v13 changed something major on the battle/summary ui, the v12 texture pack should be safe to use.

You all will have to wait for Reborn/Rejuv texture pack updates, I resumed work on an old project, and I need to get it to a releasable state first.

8 hours ago, Pyrolusite said:

Unless v13 changed something major on the battle/summary ui, the v12 texture pack should be safe to use.

You all will have to wait for Reborn/Rejuv texture pack updates, I resumed work on an old project, and I need to get it to a releasable state first.

will ofc wait for it as they are 100% worth it

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 1:21 AM, Fayt_Bouleouve said:

@Pyrolusite Do you have older versions of your files still available? I'm looking for battle menu and trainer card stuff.  I like some design aspects of the older versions and I'm looking to incorporate those into the latest and personalize the UI.

Uuuh I have archived all the previous releases, but both elements you mentionned have been iterated upon so much, I'm not going to be able to find what you're looking for unless you remember its version.

Also, honestly, I'm absolutely fine with people changing stuff on my pack for their personal usage, but I'm much less confortable having to dig through my own stuff to contribute to someone else's ideal version.

On 3/22/2022 at 2:20 PM, xellezs said:

@Pyrolusite DId anything change for Rejuvenation patch 13 ? 

No, not that I'm aware of.

6 hours ago, Pyrolusite said:

I have archived all the previous releases, but both elements you mentionned have been iterated upon so much, I'm not going to be able to find what you're looking for unless you remember its version.

In hindsight, I just joined Reborn a few months ago, so I only know about the latest version of all existing mods and stuff.  

6 hours ago, Pyrolusite said:

I'm much less confortable having to dig through my own stuff to contribute to someone else's ideal version.

That's totally understandable.  Why play fetch when it only benefits one person, right?  You probably have way too many files to look through to try to find something based on a picture of one of your previous versions anyway.  It was more for design stencils, but the currently downloadable version looks really good with the colour scheme I had in mind.  I'm looking forward seeing what you come up with in response to all the QoL changes coming up in Ep19.  

Btw you have a cool username.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Aaand we're up.

After a few weeks of work and an unexpected community release, here comes the new version of my pack !

Complete rework of the Pokegear and Pokedex, improvements across a lot of already existing stuff, Field Effects and Pulse are finally here again, etc.

The only thing that I kept relatively intact are boxes backgrounds.

Mod support not available yet, no custom shinies or alternate colors, just kept to the bare minimum. Worst case scenario you can grab those from PZ v1.12 anyway.

Thank you all for your patience and support !

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pyrolusite said:

Mod support not available yet, no custom shinies or alternate colors, just kept to the bare minimum. Worst case scenario you can grab those from PZ v1.12 anyway.

By those, do you mean the shinies/alt colors or mod support (or both)?

39 minutes ago, ArcBolt27 said:

idk if this was asked already but how do we change fonts? seems the e19 menu doesnt have that option for some reason or another

It seems the option to do so is no longer here. But I think it's Emerald by default now, which is good.

1 minute ago, Bladeheart111x said:

By those, do you mean the shinies/alt colors or mod support (or both)?

I meant that I didn't include any of the color variants for bags/pokegear, any of the SWM/Minimalistic Indicators support, and any of the custom cursed shinies.

Mostly because they are outdated either I remade them in PZ2 and they are now uglier by comparison, or the way the game now handle some files (pokemon sprites, specifically).

I know I will at least update compatibility for the SWM modpack type display, which shouldn't require much effort.

I'm probably done doing bonus color variants for UI stuff, and porting the custom shinies is for now up for debate given that it's mostly funny meme/reference territory except 2.

7 minutes ago, Pyrolusite said:

It seems the option to do so is no longer here. But I think it's Emerald by default now, which is good.

I meant that I didn't include any of the color variants for bags/pokegear, any of the SWM/Minimalistic Indicators support, and any of the custom cursed shinies.

Mostly because they are outdated either I remade them in PZ2 and they are now uglier by comparison, or the way the game now handle some files (pokemon sprites, specifically).

I know I will at least update compatibility for the SWM modpack type display, which shouldn't require much effort.

I'm probably done doing bonus color variants for UI stuff, and porting the custom shinies is for now up for debate given that it's mostly funny meme/reference territory except 2.

okay...  I'm still gonna use the old SWM modpack stuff  for the mods that are in the e19 update for the time being (type display and item radar)...   I don't mind the cursed differences (if my game doesn't crash...)

EDIT: turns out that type display is screwed up by how outdated it is...

15 hours ago, Bladeheart111x said:

EDIT: turns out that type display is screwed up by how outdated it is...

Waynolt probably removed some spacing between types, making the old file not compatible anymore.

Grab the compatibility files I just uploaded on the main post.

EDIT : Reworked type display, now they should scale much better with any resolution chosen.