[E19] Pyrolusitium Z2 v2.3b - A Pokémon Reborn UI overhaul, now with 100% more actual overhauling !

Pyrolusite

On 4/28/2022 at 6:31 PM, Pyrolusite said:

Font is still dark-grey, it doesn't switch to white like window skins. You're mostly seeing what's written because of font shading.

Here, try this and tell me if it works. Install PZ2 first then install this.

Dark font on black is going to be ugly but at least you should be able to read stuff. 

pyrolusitium_z2_e19_alldarkbg_v1.zip.zip 195.78 kB · 12 downloads

I will be doing a bit more of those later.

Is there any way to mod it ourselves to make it so the font is white?

On 6/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, Technowiz said:

Is there any way to mod it ourselves to make it so the font is white?

It is possible.

I do have plans to broaden the scope of the pokegear mod, to add tweaks I can't do with texture replacements alone, and this would be one of them.

I love 90% of the textures, I think its just Flying and Dragon type colors can barely be distinguished and the menu11/speech11 text is unreadable with the background, I love the design but if you could change the text to white instead of grey it would be perfect.

On 6/7/2022 at 2:16 PM, Maverillion said:

I think its just Flying and Dragon type colors can barely be distinguished

Yup, they are using different shades of purple and it's not that visible, but as long as Flying and Dragon text is visible, I don't really care that much anymore.

I'll keep that in mind if I ever touch type colors again though.

the menu11/speech11 text is unreadable with the background, I love the design but if you could change the text to white instead of grey it would be perfect.

Could you show me where in your game the text becomes unreadable ?

Just in case : do NOT use the "all dark bg" variant shown above, it was made because of an user's medical condition, and it's in no way readable enough in some places without actually modding the game to change the battle text color, which I will not be doing just yet.

Hey, thanks for the mod. It looks great!

One potential issue: with a long name it can go out of the graphics box in the loading screen. I'd suggest making the box larger. 

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 08.54.59.png

Edited by qorder

19 hours ago, qorder said:

Hey, thanks for the mod. It looks great!

One potential issue: with a long name it can go out of the graphics box in the loading screen. I'd suggest making the box larger. 

Hide contents

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 08.54.59.png

Thanks for telling me, will be fixed in the next update !

hey, 

so it seems like i have a issue with the "P_ClockHud.rb" on the Steam Deck only.

i have the mod on my PC where everything works fine but on my Steam Deck as soon i gonna open up the Menu its giving me a crash.

if i delete the P_ClockHud.rb everything works normal.

it might be something Linux related or something? 

Errorlog:

errorlog.txt

Edited by Kryptuq

On 6/17/2022 at 4:37 AM, Kryptuq said:

hey, 

so it seems like i have a issue with the "P_ClockHud.rb" on the Steam Deck only.

i have the mod on my PC where everything works fine but on my Steam Deck as soon i gonna open up the Menu its giving me a crash.

if i delete the P_ClockHud.rb everything works normal.

it might be something Linux related or something? 

Errorlog:

errorlog.txt 1021 B · 2 downloads

Nope, nothing related to Linux, it's just that for some reason the mod can't get the current weather from the game.

Did you run the updater on your Steam Deck ?

EDIT : cf q&a :

Q : ClockHud crashes with a NoMethodError exception, wat do ???

A : Make sure Reborn is properly updated, with the updater.exe file at the root of your installation.

ClockHud uses methods that only exist since the Pokegear Time & Weather menu exists, which wasn't ready for the initial community release.

Addentum : Now that the official release is here, this shouldn't be happening anymore, but I'm leaving that here just in case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I am trying to download the mod but it says that they are unavailable. If anybody can let me know what's going on or where else I can download them I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Edit: disregard this message im illiterate and didnt see that I had to be logged in, my bad 

Edited by dpa1209

Hey, I actually have a question. On DeviantArt, I create screenshot edits of Pokemon I name after some of my friends!

(Do not ask me why)

Um, is it okay for me to use the texture pack in the screenshots?

(If that counts as commercial use which is not allowed, I will understand.)

8 hours ago, CaptainLex said:

Hey, I actually have a question. On DeviantArt, I create screenshot edits of Pokemon I name after some of my friends!

(Do not ask me why)

Um, is it okay for me to use the texture pack in the screenshots?

(If that counts as commercial use which is not allowed, I will understand.)

Is this for the custom shinies ?

As long as you credit me properly (at least link back this thread in the description of your DA post), I'm fine with what you're doing.

My stuff is not Creative Commons anymore since PZ2, because of some clauses I ignored at the time and I'm no longer happy with, if this what you refered to by commercial use. But I want to keep my stuff as accessible and editable as it was before, while still preventing commercial and potentially unwanted uses, and I don't think your stuff has any commercial motivations so go ahead.

10 hours ago, Pyrolusite said:

Is this for the custom shinies ?

As long as you credit me properly (at least link back this thread in the description of your DA post), I'm fine with what you're doing.

My stuff is not Creative Commons anymore since PZ2, because of some clauses I ignored at the time and I'm no longer happy with, if this what you refered to by commercial use. But I want to keep my stuff as accessible and editable as it was before, while still preventing commercial and potentially unwanted uses, and I don't think your stuff has any commercial motivations so go ahead.

Okay, so, I think it's best if I show you what I mean. The pictures shown here are usually what I do and what I mean by Screenshot Edit. Pretty much precisely, this is what would show of your texture pack, the Pokemon Summary and Party. Only those. In Battle usage, highly unlikely. Although, the only custom shiny I care about uploading is Flygon because, well Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon! But okay, I see you're okay with my usage! I'll link the texture pack topic everytime I do one of these in Reborn.

Thank you. 

Typhlosion Fire Detective.jpg

V-Day 2022.jpg

43 minutes ago, CaptainLex said:

Okay, so, I think it's best if I show you what I mean. The pictures shown here are usually what I do and what I mean by Screenshot Edit. Pretty much precisely, this is what would show of your texture pack, the Pokemon Summary and Party. Only those. In Battle usage, highly unlikely. Although, the only custom shiny I care about uploading is Flygon because, well Flygon is one of my favorite Pokemon! But okay, I see you're okay with my usage! I'll link the texture pack topic everytime I do one of these in Reborn.

Thank you. 

Typhlosion Fire Detective.jpg

V-Day 2022.jpg

Oh yeah, I understand better what you're doing now, that's absolutely fine, go nuts !

1 hour ago, Senntenial said:

I'm having trouble trying to get the types to show up during battle. Everything else worked so far, it's just the types that don't show up at all in game. Can someone walk me through how to get this done?

Install this first (particularily, "SWM - TypeBattleIcons.rb" for type display and "SWM - ItemRadar.rb" for the item radar) then install what's inside my SWM archive.

• Global Mods
34 minutes ago, TempestXD said:

can you help it makes loading take longer

If you're on a lower end device, then yes, there is the possibility of things taking longer when using mods, but it shouldn't impact too much. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:54 PM, TempestXD said:

can you help it makes loading take longer

How did you manage that ?

Everything that isn't clockhud and pokegearmod are only texture replacements. All files are under the same format and resolution than the original files.

I'm not making a script load textures instead of the base ones, no, the installation process litteraly asks you to replace existing png files with mine.

That's it.

Absolutely zero changes in performance should be happening.

And regarding exceptions mentionned above, while I'm not a Ruby expert at all, these mods shouldn't have any impact on performance.

If they do however, feel free to not use them.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Elliot_Chan said:

Hi!

So, for whatever reason, the rest of my Badges isn't showing up...?

I just beated Shelly, and yet only Julia's being shown on my Trainer Card.

How can I fix it?

Badge-Report-Bug.jpg

Badge-Report-Bug2.jpg

Could you check if this also happens with the default textures ?

6 hours ago, Pyrolusite said:

Could you check if this also happens with the default textures ?

Um... You mean the original game without the mod?

If it's that, I'm sorry, I already replaced everything...

Another thing is, don't know if that's the way it is supposed to be, but the type icon for my team's moves also doesn't fully show up, just the first slots...

image.thumb.png.f6b7f7dae1eba56ccbe3aa98426e3dbd.png

image.thumb.png.063b23fedc778cd1603dcf344cd366ed.png

16 hours ago, Elliot_Chan said:

Um... You mean the original game without the mod?

If it's that, I'm sorry, I already replaced everything...

Another thing is, don't know if that's the way it is supposed to be, but the type icon for my team's moves also doesn't fully show up, just the first slots...

image.thumb.png.f6b7f7dae1eba56ccbe3aa98426e3dbd.png

image.thumb.png.063b23fedc778cd1603dcf344cd366ed.png

You might have to either reinstall my texture pack (if the archive somehow got corrupted during download) or reinstall Reborn to solve this.

I'm not having these problems with the lastest update, I have no clue how I could replicate that, and I think you'd have the same problem if you were able to revert to the original textures.

8 hours ago, Elliot_Chan said:

Hi again! ^^"

So... I just reinstalled the texture pack, and the problem persists :c

Its not a game breaking experience or anything, just a litttle odd... 

Isn't there really no way around it?

Did you reinstall the game completely ? Because if not, that's the next step.

I'm afraid that no, there's absolutely no way around it. As I said earlier, the main archive has ZERO code. There's no way it can fuck up the game unless it has not been installed properly or the game changed the way it read its original assets, or the disposition of said assets inside their spritesheets, and as far as I'm aware and as far as I tested, as of the last update, it didn't.