Trespassers: Director's Cut: The Bus

Hal Henderics

"Alright thats a start. Now context please? Some sort of sacrifice for a battle or something. Doesn't sound like me, I have golems for that."

"Look, I have no intention of causeing some mass death event, or treating someone like a tool to be discarded and thrown into the flames. I would very much like to gain a clear understanding of what the problem is, so that problem can be corrected. Just be honest and calm, and I'm not going to hurt you. And I won't let him kill you either."

"You, 'Overheard' something right? What EXACTLY was said, and what was your response?"

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(7, 1)

WaveImpmon's face softens.

"Where was this Nader?" He mumbles.

He turns to face Leo.

"You're all too weak.  All of you.  Something bad is coming in the far future, and you all flinched."

"I'm done talking about this.  You don't need to hear what was said.  You just need to be better."

The far future huh. Sounded like this universe hopping adventure group was going to be a thing for a while.
"That's still pretty vague, but I suppose I can make do with that for now. You don't have to worry, sitting around and doing nothing aren't my style. Now then, If I let you out of those things are you going to stick around and behave?"

The racket on the bus finally was enough to make Arminius, who'd been jostled onto the floor of his seat and subsequently stayed there as he fought to resist the anger welling up inside him, rise. He had no fresh clue what was going on but apparently there was a being from the future that knew about them. So he finally stood, his head popping up over the back of the imp's seat to get a good look at them, which one would idly note calls to mind a hawk watching a mouse.

Leo removes the shackels, and takes a seat, beginning to use shape solid to twist them back into the previous form.
Once the spell has taken hold he, without looking up, decides to move to questions not directly related to time travel and the imp's attack

"So, What are you anyways? Ive never seen a file with a .Mon extension, and you pulled yourself out of Cyberspace without killing yourself. What DID you have that got Cyberscoured anyways?" 

"I'm a Digimon.  A digital monster."

"I had to decide between my bodily integrity or my magical knowledge twice.  Once to get in, and again to get out."

-

"Being loud and uncooperative, huh?  Worried I'll fill the quota on those before you?" They say, laughing.

"Why would you have to make a choice like that? Going in I get, not enough space. But why would you have to shed one on the way out? Your magical knowledge should be the same as any other memory, skill, or stored information right?"

"Personal question, were you born, or were you made?"

"Think of my physical body like an emulated computer.  I downsized enough getting in that there wasn't enough room in my body to take my structural data, and the polymorphic data I needed, and my magical knowledge.  So I had to make a long term decision."

"Like leaving behind a satchel to save space, only to need that satchel later."

"Neither."

-

This confuses WaveImpmon

"Jeeze, how far back am I?"

Arminius raises an eyebrow at that. "You tell us, you're the future person here. That said... I just got back from dealing with a goblin invasion if that tells you anything." Arminius paused for a moment before looking concerned. "Why, does something happen to Kusuke? If so, what? I want all the details you have."

"I just don't remember him being a jerk is all?"

They shrug.

"I didn't exactly plan on time traveling, ok?  I don't have like, a book of records.  I'm pretty sure I wasn't even told about some kind of goblin invasion."

He scratches his chin.

"I mean, there was that thing with Azgurk, but I wouldn't really call that an "Invasion" of goblins.  More of a "Mowing down", really... And I was there for that."

"I see, So how exactly can you increase in scale again so that you won't have this problem when you gather more data? Do you move through Cyberspace often? Were you like, our Cyberspace roaming hacker spy?"

"Im not sure what you mean by neither, but as for how far you went back, Leo and I have basicly JUST got here. We got summoned, spent two days in some Australia place, before spending almost a week protecting another place from a siege. Then we got back to the ships and have spent some time working and waiting for another mission."

"Well, as I... will have had..? told you, If I absorb enough useful data, and have enough energy, I can Digivolve, unless you've got a Digivice laying around."

"I don't really know how those things work though, so there's nothing to be done, trying to make one."  They say, shrugging with closed eyes and a shaking head.

"I mean, I wasn't made, and I wasn't really "born".  Data in the digital world can sometimes just... come together."

"A Digivice huh? Well... if we could find one we could study it. Do you know the coordinates to your world? If we ever went there in the future, we should have gotten them. We could go there, find one of these things, and figure out how they work"

"Spontaneous formation huh. How rare is that? I would love to witness it and get some good research data out of it. Might help me make better AI considering...."

Whatever he was about to say is left unsaid as he trails off. Trying to avoid giving out TO much information.

"Maybe research tools to, scanners and stuff for gathering data." 

"...you know, excluding the bits about data based evolution and digivices, all of this seems a bit familiar, like I've heard rumors of particularly intelligent animals learning to hack into computer systems and feed on data down in Frankfurt, they were even calling them Digimon too, after that ol-hmm."

Alan pondered his next words very carefully before he asked, "Tell me, have you ever heard of an organization called 'ADVENT'? Nader, Harry and I just got back from helping a resistance force called XCOM fight against them...almost a week ago, and I think that liberating a world from an occupying force of alien invaders would be something more up to our future selves's speed, if we ever got around to doing it of course."

Harry stepped up, letting Nader do what he'd like with the phone. The visions would come soon, so he grabbed his tablet, and a piece of paper, best to have backups, and headed over to Tattletale.

"Hey, we're going to be getting some visions from Dr. Ebon soon. I get it if you're all tuckered out, but if you notice anything in them, I want to hear it." He sat down, then asked quietly, "Hey, do you care to be able to be able to punch people harder at some point? Bone density manipulation, literal brass knuckles, pain supression, the works? You interested in any of that at some point?"

"Not very often.  It isn't like the Digital world back home.  There's not as much of a point to going into some dinky cyberspace when Alan's around."  He answers Leo honestly.

"Well, "Particularly Intelligent Animal" describes humans a lot more than it does me, I assure you." He retorts to Alan's line of questioning.

"I've heard of XCOM, but mostly in the context of, like, buying stuff from them?  They don't hate our guts like Earth Bet and Fenrir."

-

"It's been maybe a half hour since I used up my power.  You'll just have to wait."

"I'm more interested in not getting punched, but sure."

"Sure, sure. But sometimes you need to punch someone, knock them out, and not get hairline fractures through your hand. Now, would you want a quick and 'easy' fix, or something a bit slower, but more involved?" He shrugged at the news that he'd not get anything from the visions. He could ask later about particulars, and while her guesses might be more inaccurate later, he could just try to account for that.  And work on the thinker headache thing, though he'd want to have Earth Bet's people take a look at that first.

Harry pondered in silence a moment, then commented, "You should get Proddy to help you learn Psionics, if you can. Watch." He stood up, and pulled at the little mental threads that he was slowly learning to grasp at, working to slowly erase his presence from this girl's senses.

Spoiler

Now you see me. . . (trick, level 1): Allows the user to edit themselves out of a target's senses. Requires line of site, and only works on one target at a time. Harry now has the ability to work with Psionics.

Jun, previously:

Spoiler

"No, no, it's no problem at all. Everyone's been busy. You ever need a refreshing of that life extension, we'll see what we can do." Harry nodded politely as she spoke about the sword. People got attached to weapons all the time, given that they generally went hand in hand with surviving danger.

"Cleansing, I wonder. . . I know Rachel has some things that might help purify, other than that, I'd say maybe Calvera? But I've mostly been having her completely annihilate stuff, you don't want that definitely."

"And about Leo, well, forget I said anything. I'd rather not get into something long right now, and well, it's probably better I judge things for myself since, you know Kusuke can be kinda hotheaded. Not the I blame him, but I'd like to judge for myself." It wouldn't do to start things off on too much of a wrong foot anywhere. He needed every tool he could get.

Arminius smirks. "You're right about that. You don't seem particularly intelligent at all. So tell me, why am I so horrible in the future? Just my stunning personality or do I finally snap and start chowing down on souls like Kusuke so fears."

"Well at least I'm still alive in the future no matter what. Although I'm getting the impression that we don't get along fairly well over there...," he gave the Digimon's form a once over before he asked, "But anyway putting that aside for now, are you still injured anywhere? I don't know if Future Alan's any better with healing sufficiently advanced physical programs where you come from, but this is the first time I've did this."