Trespassers: Director's Cut: The Bus

Hal Henderics

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No need to force it Leo. If he doesn't want to do anything with it, you'll just have to make the most of the next few hours." Imprinting it would have been useful, but Tim probably had more important things to work on. If they couldn't get another, then it made sense to obtain as much info as possible about it now.

Not imprinting it might be for  the best, Harry considered. He wanted too keep most of the possible biohazards contained in a location with the means to deal with containment breaches. If Time imprinted stuff like this--though this one seemed relatively mild in terms of threat--, there was always the possibility that he'd reproduce it on some random world like Earth Bet, and either inadvertently giver some Biotinker villain a set of tools, or simply call the PRT down on his ass.

"Good to see you. This is easily one of the most complete medical histories I've recieved, that makes things a hell of a lot easier."

"The life extension procedure, how many years does that add, on average?" There were comparable procedures, though not specifically marketted as such, and Harry was curious what the extent of medical technology was in the "diplomat"s world.

"Dancing based necromancy, what a world. I'd be a bit more careful if I were you, getting weird effects from the blood of stuff you killed, picking up strange blood, visions of the future. . ."

"By the way, could you tell me a bit more about the time in this Tarraria place? I've heard some opinions on Leo and met him myself, but not really sure what to think yet. Want to know a bit more, since Kusuke seems to dislike him especially."

"What did Proddy teach me, eh? Well I don't quite remember the particulars of when I got what. . .Well I had the ability to to burst a blood vessel in my brain psionically--rather fitting don't you think--and I worked a bit on making that safer and more controllable. Worked a bit on lifting and messaging. Went to Proditor's homeworld actually, sadly we didn't get any of their psionics boosting gear. In short supply."

Jun

Jun smiled a little as Harry finished looking over her form, humming a little tune before she said,  "Thanks, it's good to see you too! After everything that happened in Tarraria and what happened to Somatotrope I just didn't know if I'd see any of you again, but anyway I was going to get it to you sooner but sorting through everything took longer than I thought it would, and I...got a bit distracted with training and all that; I hope you don't mind."

She paced around the medbay a little as she answered the doctor's next question with, "As for the life extension therapy; I signed up for it because it made a colleague of mine...40 years or so younger? Give or take 15. Granted he spent most of the following year trying to convince everyone that he wasn't an evil clone of himself, but at least he wasn't trapped in a decaying body with so many things he still needed to do and experience; so it seemed well worth the price he had to pay for it. Although I guess that point's a bit moot now, since I'm not even in the same universe anymore."

"
And oh no, I didn't have the visions, Toshiro did, I think it might have been a genuine prophecy too, he didn't seem the type to lie about something like that, too dramatic, and besides with the amount of magic this thing was throwing around and receiving? I was just glad that he didn't just die," Jun rapped the wyvern bone and wooden hilt of the needle of agony once as she said 'this thing', seemingly proud of even having it in the first place.

"
But yeah I admit that I could use some help with...cleansing this thing, met any good dry cleaners in the world you and the rest of the gang visited without me?," she joked.

Jun quickly sat herself down on the nearest seat after she heard Harry mention Leo and Kusuke in the same sentence, gesturing at the man to do the same if he wasn't already before she said, "
....well then, if we're going to talk about Leo and Kusuke then this is going to take a while, what has he told you about Leo? And have you met him already?."

Nader:

Spoiler

"You didn't get that doctorate I've been assuming you have by being stupid, I see, Doc. I haven't taken off the armor yet, and I'm not gonna start now. Just asking to be offed the moment somebody with personal interdimensional travel shows up and doesn't take too kindly to our little adventures, assuming it's not just something planted on this ship instead. Interdimensional assassins, Dr. Spaceman, you can't be too careful.

Leo using some soil and a bit of the coal Tim gave him, creates small golmic implants for the small monster, to keep it alive.  One healing it and keeping it functioning, the other making soil out of magic to feed it.

Spoiler

(27) (4) The cores allow the creature to survive, though it rapidly becomes soft and crumbly. It won't endure blows, if it were somehow capable of surviving them before.

"Well that should do...Lets see...."
Before he can finish forming a new idea he spots something faintly glowing off in the corner. Moving over to investigate, he picks up a USB stick made of Gold. Its not to hard to tell its Golemic in nature.

Twirling it in his fingers he mumbles over it, "Well now, where did you come from?"
"Snow would you-"

"Already on it....Sandbox Ready"

Leo plugs the USB into Snow's port, then brings up a connection on his computer to check it out with her.

Spoiler

(19, 15) (76) (19) The USB Drive contains three files in it's contents.

Spoiler

WaveImp.mon
T39MPF.pol
Moment.exe

The USB is itself running the programs in it's Golem Core, in the background.

Leo pokes his head out of the bus and tells frostbrute to go tell the party he found this thing.
Just in case.

Alan quickly flipped out his commlink as he got Frostbrute's message, flicking through his list of contacts for a while before he realized that despite everything, he still managed to miss this 'Leo' person when he was handing out his commlinks, and he let out a slight sigh before he picked his cyberdeck and a spare commlink up and walked off towards the bus itself.

Alan waved at the weird little man carrying a sword around the place before he introduced himself with "Hey, I don't think we've met before, my name is Alan, Alan Tzar (pronounced Tschar); you said that you found a...USB stick made out of gold in the bus?"

"Im Leo. And yes."
He holds up his sword, which has a Golden, Glowing, USB stick shoved into its pommel. A robotic Eye like thing is staring forward.
"Snow is currently accessing it through a Sandbox"
"Your welcome by the way"

"The USB itself is running three programs in its core as part of the background. A file type I don't recognize, a Polymorphic Data file, and an Executable."

Alan didn't even bat an eyelash at the fact that Leo's sword was both talking and a person, instead deciding to ask, "Well I know what an executable is, but can you explain what a polymorphic data file is? I've never encountered something of that name before, and...are you saying that the USB drive is capable of running data files on it's own? Because I don't know about you, but it doesn't seem like a good idea to just allow strange data drives to run unknown programs on your friend over there without knowing what they do."

(18, 7) (48) (58) 

Snow attempts to snoop around, and divine the purpose and activity of the programs in the USB Core.

It's extremely difficult for her to tell, but...

WaveImp.mon seems to be idling, drawing information generated by the .pol file.  It is throwing up errors periodically.

Moment.exe, however, seems to be responsible for controlling a complex enchantment worked into the USB Core, which prevents it from shifting through time while activated.  The enchantment holds a few markers that Leo is familiar with.  It is currently active and suppressing the temporal energies trying to drag the core through time.

(HIDDEN)

Snow detects an anomaly outside of the sandbox, a poke she can intuit was to check if she had been paying attention to an area normally left unwatched by her security.  A quick surge of blood mana from Leo staves off any further probing by processing data with undertones of his intentions.

This event coincides with another small series of errors cropping up in the WaveImp Program, only some of which are suppressed.

"Its running the programs on its OWN core. And she's interfacing with it through a sandbox anyways."
Snow starts to project her avatar out of her "Eye" projector.

"Polymorphic data is a self evolving, adaptive type of data usualy created through magic. Acting like a living organism many AI use it to allow flexible and controlled unpredictable behavior. Though I myself use specialized hardware instead."

"This is strange though. Its enchantments are showing signs of my own work, but I never made this to my memory. Its concerning that it's started poking at you. We could be looking at an AI. Can you create a Stimulatory space in the sandbox, and try to establish communication?" 

"I can try. No promises I can get the programs interfacing with it"

Alan scratches the bottom of his chin for a little as he thinks over what Leo just said to him, he's worked with AI before but that's sort of the thing, he's worked with them, never on them...but then again after what he managed to pull against ADVENT, would it really hurt to try?

"Anything I can do to help? I've mostly worked on drones and such since I got here but I'm admittedly a better hacker and programmer than an engineer, especially since I'm learning to hack into reality,  and since I can interface directly with machinery, of course if Snow there objects to having company then I don't mind."

"Sure, help me build this...."

With the help of a USB splitter, And the combined efforts of Snow, Leo, and Alan, a simspace is soon created for interaction.

Spoiler

(7, 10) (81) (18)
A simspace is created, taking on the properties of the Moment.exe program, visually, it resembles a solid gold clock tower, filled with empty bookshelves and blank books. No visible representations of the WaveImp and T39MPF.pol files are visible at first glance.

"Nothing immediately obvious...Lets connect and see if we can't find anything"

Leo lays snow down on her side and ask her to project 3D maps, and diagrams of the simspace, while he himself brings up multiple screens on his computer. The full color one gets a direct visual representation, from the perspective of a simple avatar he will create, while the holoscreens display various charts and lines of code.

(13, 4) (27) (37)

Alan creates several sniffer programs, and sends them into the simulated space to try and piece out where the other programs are hiding.

Several of the sniffers are getting picked off and deleted in a specific area, before they can report back, narrowing the area that the other two programs could be hiding.

The uppermost areas of the clock tower seem to be where the sniffers are going offline.

(12, 19) (30) (87)

Leo, meanwhile, establishes an avatar, manually following along and checking those areas.

Eventually, they spot trails of... something.

The trail goes dead near a particularly complicated piece of giant clockwork, gears with huge cylinders cut out of them are stained with the colorful substance.

Leo runs various checks on the substance, But gets little back, aside from the fact the data is to some extent anomalous in nature.

Spoiler

(2, 8 ) (65) (22) The substance is a total unknown. The only thing for certain is that the data is slightly anomalous. No part of the data indicated behaves the way it should, based on what is gleaned from it.

"Curious....Not entirely unexpected."
He proceeds to check of the clockwork and finds that it likely moved this data upwards. Was this stuff supposed to be here, or was it some kind of malware or corrupt code?

Spoiler

It... seems to be working? The giant gears could have easily carried the anomaly elsewhere inside the clocktower, judging from the empty spaces in the gearwork.

Obviously the trail would have to be followed, so Leo began to ascend the tower. There didn't seem to be anything around here anyways.

In response to this troubling discovery, Alan quickly writes up some basic hunter killer programs to help defend himself in case trouble rears it's ugly head.

(16, 9) (6) (30)

Three programs are produced.

Hunter-killer program: A program designed to help combat in cyberspace.

5/5 HP.  Able to perform an attack dealing 1d6 Damage in Virtual Combat.

He then sends out another wave of sniffer drones to map out the inner mechanisms of the clockwork to give him the slight edge he'd need to try and ascend the tower through the gears itself, of course making sure to tell Leo what he's planning with a, "As soon as my sniffers finish mapping this place out I'll meet you at the top, going to try and follow whatever left this trail through the gears."

Eventually, the duo ascend the stairs and gears to the highest floor of the Moment Clock Tower.  Golden light shines through a towering clock face, frozen at 12:00 as the second hand continually ticks forward, and then clicks back.  A trail of fluid trails it's way to a figure silhouetted against the clock face, revealing it's nature as some sort of vital fluid, dripping from heavy wounds covering the shadowed shape.  The unique properties of blood.  A thick bundle of what look like flowers are held under one arm.  The flowers continually bloom, emitting petals at a constant rate.

"You can't still be following me." The figure speaks.

"You CAN'T still be following me!" The reedy male voice shouts, repeating themselves.

The Clock Face flashes brightly before becoming transparent. The inside of the bus is displayed behind the clock face, as if through a fisheye lens in ultraviolet monochrome.

The figure of Leo's avatar raises its hands.
Leo speaks, allowing his voice to be processed and translated into data for the avatar.
"Its alright, we just want to talk. Why don't you tell us whats going on? Your injured aren't you? Please tell us what happened."

Alan keeps his hands in his pockets as he walks into view, knowing full well that raising his hands would be a futile gesture that wouldn't do much to prevent him from trying something, "More to the point do you know who's hunting you besides us? I'd like to know if I should be expecting company."

"..."

They freeze, head tilting slightly.

"You're...?"

(2, 7) (14) (71)  Their face twists into a grimace.

Suddenly, the USB Stick, Simulation, and Projection all start to emit blinding, strobing white light.

(8, 15) (6, 8 ) (6, 2)

Leo and Alan are blinded!

"Batspaps Who-ong Mapsmentus Kashamoto Amnnoir!" Leo hears shouted, before something is driven into his gut, doubling him over.

Any others nearby who avoided being blinded would see a blue imp being ripped bodily out of the flash drive attached to Snow, before throwing it's legs into Leo's stomach in a picturesque dropkick before landing.

With it's injuries, it looks as though it was painful to both parties.

Spoiler

Battle!

Spoiler

(4) Alan: Full Health, Blinded, Jacked In

(3) WaveImpmon: Mortally Wounded, Corrupt, Polymorphic, Cyberscoured

(3) Leo: 18 Remaining Health, Blinded

Loadout

Actions:

Square Root of @&!!)#6^6^^66^& (Level 2, Trick):  There's something off about this code...  Heals target character 2d8 + intelligence HP and places the Discord Orb debuff on them.  Discord Orb increases all damage taken by 30%, and remains on the target until the encounter ends or Alan uses this action on somebody else, at which point the orb moves to the new target.  There can only be one Discord Orb debuff active at a time.  Usable once per round.

Rigger Command Console: A wrist mounted electronic device Alan built from the various electronic parts he could obtain from the Avenger's engineering bay. While it does in fact look cool it is a bit too heavy to be fully comfortable. Level 1: Grants Alan two additional action slots that he can only use to equip drones.

Level 2: Grants Alan a total of three action slots that he can only use to equip drones.

Merit Level 3: Grants Alan a total of four action slots that he can only use to equip drones.
Merit Level 4: Grants Alan a total of five action slots that he can only use to equip drones.

Drone Mastery: Alan is better than most at directing drones to do his bidding. Deal with it.
Level 1:  1 free action for an equipped drone, 1 round cooldown.
(Perk) Level 2:  1 free action for an equipped drone each round.
 Merit Level 3:  2 free actions for equipped drones, 1 round cooldown

Merit Level 4:  2 free actions for equipped drones each round
Merit Level 5: 3 free actions for equipped drones, 1 round cooldown
Merit Level 6: 3 free actions for equipped drones each round

Distrupt: Alan orders his Drones to attack several key areas of a single target by calmly typing something in the general direction of his target, causing them to have their Dexterity or the stat that is used the most in their actions to be reduced by Alan's Intelligence for one round. Once per round.
Level 2: The amount reduced is now Int+1d4

(Perk backed) Assuming Direct Control!:  Alan makes a 1d20+Int v 1d20+Int check against a mechanical and hackable enemy, allowing him to try and assume direct control over up to two enemies per world on a permanent basis. Although the action can also be used to disable a mechanical and hackable enemy without controlling it which prevents it from using its moves to do anything other than making an opposed 1d20+Int v Alan's initial roll check that takes an entire move to perform. This action has no cooldown.
Level 2: Alan can now choose to not keep a Drone he is controlling on a permanent basis at the end of the encounter where he took control over it.

Equipment:

Heavily Modified Sony CTY-360: Alan's cyberdeck is based off of a heavily modified Sony CTY-360 chassis that had gotten all of its original parts gingerly taken out of it at some point. The fact that some if not most of the modifications present inside of this machine is known for its power and steadfast reliability is presumably enough to offset the fact that simply having one of these on your person could get you sent away for life or summarily executed.
When attempting to perform an action that has the "Hacking" tag applied to it, the user has the option to use the cyberdeck as his computer of choice. Boosting Alan's Intelligence by 10% for the action's effect while he is using the cyberdeck. This effect can only be activated once per round, and it takes a free action to activate

Level 2: Int boost for hacking abilities increased to 20%

Drones

Highly Experimental Shield Generator "H.E.S.G." (Somebody really needs to work on that acronym): +3 to Resistance due to Alan gradually starting to understand how to refine the damned thing/Learning how to use what he already has better)
Merit Level 2: This item is now bound and it also provides and additional +2 to Resistance due to Alan's tendency to tinker with things whenever it is appropriate to do so finally paying off.
Trick Level 3: Res boost increased by +2. Also gains the [Drone/Autogear] tag.

Camera Drone: A mobile and small cameradrone with an equally mobile black box based off of the GREMLIN's design and built using alien alloys and the codex brain, can somehow receive transmissions from other dimensions.

Level 2: Alan has created several more camera drones, and he has seen fit to equip them with all of the equipment necessary for them to double up as cell towers for the many commlinks he has made. Although an unfortunate accident has caused them to be equipped with lower quality cameras.

Wiped Doombot Squad:  Alan has reprogrammed and repurposed several robots into forming the one thing every self respecting Rigger has on his person whenever possible, a squad of decently well armed drones to do all of his fighting for him. Taking several thin humanoid robots and an extremely buff DOOMBOT he obtained from the man himself and modifying the hell out of all of them until they formed the makings of a halfway competent group that's just missing a few bits of programming and a few rounds of upgrades before they could feasibly threaten most extradimensional threats. 

The most noticeable members of this squad are the blackbox that contains the heavily modified Codex Brain that governs their tactical actions and the various camera drones Alan has, a giant of a humanoid drone built into an ADVENT MEC's chassis that carries a shield that will eventually block projectiles heading the squad's way, and a DOOMBOT that is too heavily enchanted for him to turn into anything else.

The DOOMBOT has the following stats:
Merit: 0
HP: 90/90

Moves: 0/Average dex (Minimum of 1 one move per battle)
Essence: 0
Strength: 15

Dexterity: 0
Intelligence: 0

Resistance: 3+2

Synergy: 0
Maximum amount of moves per round: 1

The DOOMBOT squad has the following modifications:
Control Rig compatibility: Alan has managed to modify the DOOMBOT's operating system in a way that would allow him to send it commands through his cyberdeck. And he can now assume direct control over its systems using his control rig.
Programmed Firearms proficiency: The DOOMBOT now knows enough about firearms in general to wield and reload pretty much any type of firearm with a passable amount of skill.

Self Preservation Sense V0.5: The DOOMBOT now knows that it should use cover semi intelligently in the event of a firefight as it is in fact not bulletproof.

Jury Rigged Alien Alloy Fortification V0.8: Alan has managed to fortify the DOOMBOT's frame and armor plating with the slap dash use of 5 Alien Alloys, granting it an additional 3 points of Resistance.

(Merit Level) Cyberspace Adaptation: Alan has uploaded a program to this drone to grant it access to the cyberspace, for better or worse (Probably worse)
The DOOMBOT has the following equipment:

Assault Rifle Drones: Alan has seen fit to grant each and every single drone in this squad a reproduction of an assault rifle he 'obtained' from Fate/Overwatch, but unfortunately he has yet to see fit to actually teach them to aim properly.    2d6 + dex damage

Squad Shield  Drone: Alan's largest drone carries with it a massive shield that he has yet to power for some reason.  Blocks the first essence/2 projectiles fired at you or two target allies chosen at the start of your turn.  Can only be equipped if you have a gun that occupies at least 2 slots.
Crappy armor plating: Unfortunately while it is not literally crappy (thank God for that), it is still pretty damn useless for protecting it from an actual attack. +2 RES when equipped.

Very Heavy Minigun (Level 2): A minigun looted from the defeated Talon troopers, claimed by Alan, and then upgraded by Nader, firing obscenely large 45mm rounds at 800 rpn. Thanks to the addition of a gas motor, it no longer needs time to spin up before fire, but happens to be in the neighborhood of fifty pounds now. 4d6 + strength damage, occupies 3 slots.

Orb of Tranquility (Level 3, Drone Mod):  This item appears to be a mechanical ball that despite having no ports can interface with a drone, increasing its action slots requirement by 1 while so equipped.  The equipped drone can use an action to heal or repair a target for 2d4 + Alan's intelligence HP.

Alan instinctively reeled from the unfortunately inescapable VR goggles a little when the being they had encountered burst into reality, and he let out a slight curse inside of the cyberspace as he blindly tried to find and access  one of the exits he had made earlier with the help of his sniffers.

Leo groans as he recoils from the flash and kick before planting his feet firmly, Eyes watering, barely opening and closing as he tries to see again. He needs to NOT take to much damage while blinded, so he focuses his body energy and starts emitting force to protect himself as he draws the starfury. His computer switching into shield mode.
"Hnnnggg...CORONA!"

Loadout

Spoiler

Embossed Terrarian Golden Chestplate: Grants +1 Res while equipped and an additional +2 Res against magical attacks.

Terrarian Golden Aqua-Aglets: These fanciful enchanted bits of gold and eternal blood ice create a protective shield around their wearer whenever they're in danger. Allows the user to walk on hot surfaces longer and helps keep from getting stuck in the mud as easily by creating a bubble of water around their feet.

(Action level 1) Channel: The user channels mana from there soul to perform a fiatable action.
   (Trick level 1)-The user may channel while preforming other actions, but only if there hands are free

Starfury: A shortsword that appears to be made out of some kind of red/pink glass. Summons stars made of plasma above the user’s enemies. Deal 1d6+[Str] damage to a single target, (when used as a melee weapon) no cooldown OR summon 1d4+1 stars that crash into the same or different targets and deal 2d6+[Syn/2] damage each, cooldown of three. (As a ranged attack)

Winter blade: The user uses a skill that wreaths a weapon in icy energy from there body, dealing weapon damage+STR Ice damage. Has a 10% (30% against targets weak to ice) chance of inflicting freeze for one turn, stunning them. Freeze is cured if the target is struck by an Fire attack and the attack is negated.

Corona: The user begins emitting bodily energy to repel harm +3 RES while equipped. -1 HP per turn while equipped. -1 Dex while equipped. 

(Set effect, Free) Terrarian Gold Scouter: As an action the user can activate a level 1 Analyze spell, once per encounter. The user gains +1 Res vs Analyzed enemies for every empty action slot they have. Set Bonus: When worn with two other pieces of Terrarian Gold armor(chest and other) requires no action slot and the user gains two action slots that may only be used for actives.

(Set effect active slot)

(Set effect active slot)

Golem tech arm mounted computer: In battle this device can project a hard-light shield. granting plus+1 res. This item does not take up an action slot.

Night vision: This character can see in the dark far better than others.

(level 2):This passive does not take up an action slot.

Leo Activates the effect of the Terrarian golden scouter, Casting a Level one Analyze spell on the WaveImp. And granting himself +2 Res against its attacks as a result
"Lets see....Whats wrong with you."

Spoiler

Analyze: Leo cast a spell which allows him to gather data about a machine, technological or golemic system, enchantment, or other object in his immediate vicinity. Gaining relevant information . This also allows him to spot any anomalies or abnormalities in said targets. This ability does not require a success roll to succeed, but it does require a quality roll to determine the value of information gained. This ability constitutes both as a magical check, and an intelligence check. Limit five uses per encounter.

Corona raises Leo's Res by 3, and lowers his Dex by 1. He also Looses 1 HP per turn.
His armor grants +1 Res, and +2 res against magical attacks
His shield grants plus one Res

Stats (Before mods)

Spoiler

Essence: 5

Constitution: 4

Dexterity: 3

Intelligence: 6

Resistance: 2 

Strength: 3

Synergy:  4

Stumbling away, WaveImpmon grabs a gun at random, firing it at the door, where it pings off harmlessly.

"What the?  I thought..."

Shaking his head, he levels the gun at Leo and Alan.

(18, 7)

The bus then parks with a loud rumble and jerk, throwing them into the reinforced drone bay, and then onto the ground, unconscious.

It arrives in a dark open place.

To the right of the bus, A plant is growing up from the nothing stretching down forever.

It is topped with a black flower, the flower has bloomed, and inside it, a Rotary Dial Phone is Ringing.  The Bus has pulled up so that the door opens directly next to this mysterious phone.

Spoiler

(19, 19) (9) (13) Leo is able to tell that the imp creature is Cyberscoured, the transition from Cyberspace to Real Space has shredded it's body as data that can't manifest materially and cannot be absorbed into it ceased to exist. This is unrelated to the injuries it had previously, which he can only surmise came from it trying to fit it's entire body onto a small flash drive.

Leo rubs his head, dropping his Corona as his sight returns. A quick look over the data his scanner sent back shows at least some of the problem.

"The Little guy is hurt pretty bad. On top of its previous wounds, its suffered Data Scouring in its transition."

"Nothing is left in the USB to restore to it. The only thing in there is moment.exe"

"He needs healing. Ill see if I can't find something to bind him"

Alan jumped back into reality in a cold sweat, as he quickly realized that he was already facing down the barrel of a gun; letting out a slight sigh before the sudden braking maneuver threw the little guy across the bus, and made him momentarily flop like a fish. He brushed himself off a little as he stood up, before he cracked his knuckles and said, "I've never tried this on an actual person before, but if this works, then I don't think that you'll need anything to bind his wounds," before he took his cyberdeck up, and started to hack into reality once more.

(11, 16) (31) (1)

Some of WaveImpmon's wounds close, while the rest begin bleeding faster as a sphere hovers around them, glowing ominously.

Only to end up causing the situation to go a whole lot worse as WaveImpMon's remaining wounds starts to bleed even faster than they did before as a glowing sphere seemingly appears out of nowhere to orbit it, "Uhhhh, this isn't supposed to happen, hold on I think I can-," Alan said before he tries to hack into whatever the sphere is and dispel it out of existence.

"Not a binding for his wounds, A binding for him. Need to keep him from attacking again"
Leo picks up some gold, and, turning it over in his hands, realizes its far denser and heavier then it should be from what his sight is telling him.

After muttering a spell over it, he holds it in his hands as it slowllyyyy is made to reshape itself. Molecules being rearranged at his command. 

"Gold Warped into a 4D shape...Intresting. This should do fine..."

Spoiler

Consider it done, after a long and painful waiting period of Leo having to fight his way through a Dense, Supremely Magically resistant material.