Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

2I8vjvK.png

"Yeah, I mean, we could have more sword users I guess. But that's pretty cliche these days. Besides, bows are more fun. Speaking of, I know this arrow has your boss's name on it, but you don't mind if I use it for you instead, do you?"

K-2, greatbow Famine

Famine idly looks at Fey as she launches the bolas at him. The bolas tie his hands— it's enough to make him decide that counterattacking is pretty much a waste of time. with his now-tied hands.

Spoiler

Fey is affected by Lizaveta's Charisma! +10 Hit/Evasion!

Famine is affected by Justine's Daunt! -5 Hit/Evasion/Crit!

Fey has first impressions! +15 Hit!

Fey is supported by Mim! +7 Evasion, +5 Crit/Dodge!

Famine feels average. +15 Hit!

Famine is in cover! +1 DR, +15 Evasion!

Fey: (Bolas)

AT: 21 - 8 - 1 = 12

Hit: 115 - 35 + 10 + 5 + 15 - 15 = 95

Crit: 6 - 8 + 5 = 3

Aegis: 21%

Famine: (Luna)

AT: 18

Hit: 98 - 32 - 10 - 5 - 7 + 15 = 59

Crit: 9 - 8 - 5 = 0

Fey attacks! 53, hit! 21, no crit.

Famine takes 12 damage! Famine's Hit/Evasion is lowered by -10!

Famine counterattacks! 91, miss!

zNqXHPN.png

“No thoughts, no. Not in the mood to solve weird riddles, just get outta weirder projectiles."

Mim took aim at Famine as he struggled— just barely getting him in the shoulder. Famine sighed.

zNqXHPN.png

“Well, this was lame. Maybe if Perusian forces were a little more reliable, I'd survive five more seconds to actually do something. But it is what it is..." Famine took a breath, chanting a spell as Mim loaded up her second arrow... "I'll pass on that arrow."

The second Mim's arrow would have collided, Famine and his horse vanished in a puff of smoke— the arrow slamming into the wall behind him.

Spoiler

Mim is too fluffy... -15 Hit on follow-up!

Mim has a potent mix! +2 DMG!

Mim is affected by Lizaveta's Charisma! +10 Hit/Evasion!

Mim is supported by Lucy! +20 Evasion, +10 Crit/Dodge!

Famine is affected by Justine's Daunt! -5 Hit/Evasion/Crit!

Famine feels average. +15 Hit!

Famine is in cover! +1 DR, +15 Evasion!

Famine has been bound by bolas! -10 Hit/Evasion!

Mim: (Steel Greatbow)

AT: 24 - 8 + 2 - 1 = 17

Hit: 109 - 35 + 10 + 5 - 15 + 10 = 84 (69)

Crit: 8 - 5 + 10 = 13

Cancel: 34%

Famine: (Luna)

AT: 18

Hit: 98 - 53 - 10 - 5 - 20 + 15 - 10 = 15

Crit: 9 - 14 = 0

Mim attacks! 83, hit! 64, no crit. 55, no Cancel.

Famine takes 17 damage!

Famine counterattacks! 17, miss!

Mim follows up! 6, hit! 90, no crit.

Famine takes 17 (theoretical) damage! Famine has been defeated!

UWNaAxC.png

"Figures that they'd run..." Kane groaned, looking over with annoyance towards the Perusian troops. They all look towards where Famine would have stood, and bolted out of the broken windows. "Damn it... At least we've hopefully wounded them enough to get them off our backs for a bit, but now we're gonna have to stop and rest..."

CF32AMQ.png

"Great, we done yet?" Adaleida rolled her eyes, looking back at the charging group. "Hey, you fucking traitors, your Perusian friends pissed off! So why don't you all go do me a solid and piss off yourselves?"

After a brief pause, the group was quick to wheel around and book it.

VICTORY!

FINAL STATS

EXP: (157/100) *LEVEL UP!*

Kane (HP: 29/30) - Plague Dart (E) (22/30) | Lust (37/40) | Glue Pack (29/35) | Relic of Ulux (E) | Lockpick (5/15)

Baldur (HP: 26/26) - Tenderizer (E) (23/40) | Heal (24/30) | Shove (21/30) | Rescue (23/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Ferdiad (HP: 28/38) - Iron Blade (E) (37/40) | Heavy Lance (32/35) | Steel Javelin (22/35) | Slim Lance (38/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Fey (HP: 29/32) - Bolas (E) (39/40) | Short Axe (25/30) | Hatchet (23/40) | Hammer (32/35) | Vulnerary (2/3)

Godiva (HP: 8/25) - Steel Mace (E) (34/35) | Heal (25/30) | Barrier (24/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Justine (HP: 28/29) - Joyeuse (E) (34/40) | Steel Sword (24/35) | Artemis' Song (30/30) | Vulnerary (2/3)

Lenore (HP: 10/29) - Silencer (E) (28/30) | Iron Knife (29/40) | Vulnerary (3/3) | Lockpick (6/15)

Lizaveta (HP: 11/26) - Worm (E) (22/40) | Wind (30/40) | Thunder (40/40) | Vulnerary (3/3)
Lysander (HP: 26/27) - Wind (E) (5/40) | Icicle Shower (28/35) | Blizzard (5/5) | Vulnerary (3/3)

Mim (HP: 24/25) - Steel Greatbow (E) (3/35) | Poking Stick (38/40) | Iron Longbow (27/40) | Training Bow (34/40)

Shin (HP: 11/28) - Silver Longbow (E) (21/30) | Training Bow (29/40) | Vulnerary (3/3) | Vulnerary (2/3)

Arthur (HP: 29/30) - Wind (E) (28/40) | Sacred Fire (25/35) | Fire (25/40) | Vulnerary (2/3) | Manifesto (40/40)

Lucy (HP: 21/23) - Celestial Armor (E) (35/35) | Warding Lute (25/25) | Vulnerary (3/3)

UWNaAxC.png

"Now that that's done..." Kane quickly took out two of Famine's antidotes. "Someone administer these to Ficus and Scarlet— Quickly. I don't want to call Death on any bluffs especially when Famine himself was saying he was likely to bust out his more permanent poisons. I'm going to have a quick look around to make sure nobody else is coming." Kane was quick to vault himself out of the broken window.

Lucy decided to sit on the throne in a very un-royalty-like manner, opting to curl up into a fetal position and rest her head on the armrest. Arthur, on the other hand, opted to rest his own head— on a wall. At the very least he wasn't slamming his head on the wall.

With Famine taking his leave, Godiva was quick to hop off of her mount, finally patting out the fires that were growing on her coat as the Perusians and 'traitors' all fled the field. What was once a battle for their lives was left with an odd silence as the others recuperated from their battle.

... Well, except the two that were shot and knocked down by Death's arrows, who were still not moving. That wasn't a good sign.

NewGodiva_Less_thrilled.png

"Hand me one of those, thanks" Godiva said as she came up to Kane, taking one of the antidotes before he could actually give her a proper response before running over to Shin, kneeling next to the unconscious archer. She at least knew a bit of how to cure someone of poison, but hopefully this Death guy's poisons didn't stray too far from her realm of understanding.

The Icons of Sin dare to show their faces, as if to taunt him, and then vanish? Were they playthings, just animals to be baited for sport? Cowards, each of them! Assassinating royalty in cold blood without even the gall to show their faces, and fleeing when the tides turned. His former allies in Virtuous might be fond of sparring against them with words, but that had never been his strength. There is, of course, only one option open to him. None too gently, he dismounts from Bradwr's back and rounds on Lucy, who's little more than a splash of lavender crouched small atop the fortress throne.

ferdiad_talk_frown.png

"Where have they gone." In frustration, it comes out more forcefully than he intended, but he also makes no move to reign it back. Gauntleted hand comes up briefly to wipe at blood — not his — dripping down his forehead, but he gives neither thought nor care to his disheveled appearance, only the enemy and how far they could've made it in the time he's already wasted.

"Tell me, quickly." If you're worth being trusted, goes unsaid.

Lucy was comfortable for a little while in her fetal position on the throne. The second she saw Ferdiad approaching, however, she attempted to sit up straight as if she were at a dinner table. However, the closer he came, the more she quickly rolled up into a small ball. Despite that, she tried to keep eye contact past her hood.

eX0OmIR.png

"I-I don't know— We- They- Bro- Death would- He'd always stake out a different location to escape- he could be anywhere- I-I don't know, I'm sorry-" Despite her shakiness, Lucy tried her best to not cry.

Mim had been about to go over to Crimson, but a pin had to be set in that plan as Ferdiad closed in on Lucy. A growl escaped her throat as she whirled back around and planted herself firmly in between the armored man and the terrified girl.

bXnFpdR.png

"Leave her alone or I swear to all the gods you can think of, real or fake, that I will make you regret it! Can't you tell she's terrified of you? Don't you think that if she could have helped us defeat her brother, her established reason for joining us, she would have told us something already? She's risking so much by working with us. She wants to save her brother from the path he's on.

I get it. You want to kill them because they killed your king. I don't care. She's terrified. Working to help us achieve our goals, terrified. Fighting against her brother and his companions, terrified. I will not have her terrified just to be around our group. Now fuck off and bother someone else who you won't scare stiff-less just by being around them."

Didn't know. It's not surprising, but frustrating all the same. The moment's debate of whether to demand the location of her brother's previous hiding spots is interrupted when a third figure inserts herself between them, yelling vehemently.

This girl didn't know.

notnaoise1.0.png

Cold cerulean flicks back to Lucy briefly. Wisps of violet beneath a hood. His jaw tightens.

Turning, restless hands re-tighten Bradwr's reins where they'd loosened mid-battle, and he begins leading him out of the throne room, back down the carpeted path towards the entrance of the fort where they'd come in. It's clear Pestilence had no answers for him, so he'd seek his own.

Mim turned around, pulling Lucy into a hard hug.

2I8vjvK.png

"No, don't. None of this is your fault. You have nothing to apologize for. You aren't the reason he's mad. You're just an easy target because his real one escaped. He'll learn. But I have to make sure you're safe and happy. At least one of your former companions is worried about you, after all. But we really do need to get you a better codename. Break away from the past, establish you as someone new. Hmm... Maybe something to do with butterflies? Or a flower maybe. Showing how you can blossom into something new and beautiful in your new home?"

While all of this was going on, Shin had regained enough strength to move himself to a nearby pillar to lean on. Still affected by the poison, he barely had any leftover energy to do much else. On sight its easy to notice how much more pale he's become, as if the forces of Death itself assaulted his being. 

Though, technically that statement isn't exactly incorrect.

XT3ACY9.png

After all foes had seemed to make their retreat the butler let out a sigh of relief and adjusted himself. He pushed himself to go over and look down on Seigmund's corpse almost mourning at his loss. Baldur couldn't help but feel the shadow sword was also a victim in all of this as well. Sure he did some atrocious things, but from what he said it was a the direct command from the King. Not like some could exactly defy a king without risking their own death and in the end he did seem to have some drive to take out Rusland for all he forced Seigmund to do. Granted even if he was spared he'd still have to atone for his crimes but dead men can seek no redemption. I suppose that's the part that hits Baldur the hardest. If he can't obtain his redemption will his legacy be just the same as the fallen shadow sword. This is all assuming the man would even seek redemption which no one can say for sure. Bending down, the butler seems to recover all the shards of Seigmund's broken sword of darkness he can. Not like he could wield a blade but he wants to remember this feeling he has. Its not exactly a happen one but not sad either. I suppose somber would be the best way to put it.

Meanwhile, while the butler was lost in his own mind he was crudely dragged out from the ruckus caused by Ferdiad. Momentarily stunned and startled, by the time he turned around Mim had already calmed the situation down. I suppose Mim has always been a better guardian... "Dammit Baldur! Even after all those years of training and studying you still can't protect anyone when they need you most!" Tightly gripping his staff, he turns away from the two of them. He wanted to go help ease her but having Lucy rely on him would get her hurt or killed in the future. Best leave her in more capable hands.

eX0OmIR.png

"A... another codename..." Lucy slowly managed to unravel herself from her fetal position, though she still clutched at her knees. "I... I haven't had another one other than Pestilence, though... I..." Lucy tried to think for a moment, looking down at her boots. "...I could think about it... um... maybe we could take a walk to think about it?... If... if he's made his distance of course, I... don't want to get in his way, even if he isn't... mad at me."

Lizaveta had simply laid there, shivering and twitching as the terrible agony that Death's arrows administered defied description and overwhelmed her consciousness, leaving her in a state that felt like it was beyond simply being painful, but instead a sort of... state of altered perception, where the agony had gone far enough to not quite register the same way, instead leaving her with her senses narrowed and turned inwards. Eventually, the vulnerary that she had been given had enough effect to dull the pain for a few seconds, and the pain subsided a bit - enough, ironically, to make the hurt surface to the forefront. When she moved a muscle, spasms of lightning ran through it, and her whole body - but slowly, gradually, she eventually managed to stumble her way over towards where Shin was lying. Making a low, strangled noise under her breath as she moved, she eventually fell to a knee in front oh Shin, pausing for another moment to curl up a little bit and avoid being sick all over her fellow victim.

Rvhjtid.png

"Hey... you..." Here she addressed Godiva, voice shaking, although she wasn't quite able to turn her head to look at her. "Is Sh... is Ficus... alright...? Is he awake...?"

Taking note of Lizaveta's approach, Godiva made sure to shuffle a little bit to the side as she helped Shin's recovering, applying the last bit of antidote before standing up and glancing over at the red clothed woman, 

NewGodiva.png

"I think so, but just barely. I'm not an expert on poisons, but the antidote should help his recovery" Godiva explained, looking over Lizaveta's crouching form while a growing frown crept onto her expression, 

NewGodiva_Less_thrilled.png

"... You got hit by that Death guy's arrows too, right? Did you get an antidote as well?"

Mim glanced around. Crimson, Baldur, everyone... Maybe taking a walk would help Lucy. But maybe it could also help a few more people...

2I8vjvK.png

"Of course I'll go on a walk with you. Though, do you mind if we invite a few more people? I'm thinking that maybe Orchid and Crimson could use some fresh air too, you know? Plus, having a few more people might help you feel safer. But if you feel more comfortable with it being just me, that's fine too."

She reached out and gently ruffled Lucy's hair.

"You're doing great. You belong here, no matter what name you go by. I promise."

Lucy loosened up a little bit and let her hood fall to her sides as Mim ruffled her hair.

HzKDMrO.png

"O... Okay. I don't mind if they want to come... I like Orchid, and Crimson... um..." Lucy fiddled with her fingers as her eyes flitted towards Arthur, who was simply taking an interest in Baldur picking up the shards of Bellerophon. "W-well, since he's a prince and all, I'm sure he's nice when you get to know him, just like—" Lucy suddenly hiccuped, and then was silent.

Mim reached out to grab Lucy's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

2I8vjvK.png

"Alright then, lets go. Hey, Orchid, you're coming with us, alright? We're going to go for a walk, get some fresh air. Get out of this place of death...."

Expecting him to follow with little protest (or hoping Lucy would make puppy dog eyes at him if he tried), she walked, still hand in hand with Lucy, over to Crimson and grabbed his hand as well.

"You too. Time to get out of here and focus on something nicer than these stone walls."

Lizaveta let out a breath as the new girl confirmed that Shin had received the antidote, although she let out a shuddery wheeze as the contraction of her chest with her breath sent a new wave of pain through her. Leaning forwards more, her palms on the floor, Lizaveta just managed to squeak out a simple answer to Godiva:

Rvhjtid.png

"Ah... no..."

Lucy was more than happy to squeeze Mim's hand. Their hands were both equally as tiny— a nice fit. She looked at Baldur hopefully, perhaps not quite the puppy-dog eyes Mim was hoping for but certainly a look that tried to be hopeful.

Arthur, on the other hand, had a little jump once Mim took a hold of his hand. After a moment of hesitation, he gave a sigh.

1xsI4aP.png

"Yeah... this interior decorating makes me sick. And this stupid book... it's not helping," Arthur groaned as he stuffed the tome in his robe, unaware of the fact that someone in the group would really, really like it. "Not even good for a laugh..."

NewGodiva.png

"In that case, here. Let me help you lay down, I've got another one on me" Godiva stated, stepping over to assist the poisoned girl whilst also pulling out a second antidote, getting to work on applying it to Lizaveta before the poison could do anymore lasting damage.

XT3ACY9.png

The butler was initially dismissive towards Mim but Lucy's glances seemed enough to drag him out of his comfort zone, "Fine... the air in this place is quite choking, and thats without Seigmund's curse looming around us." Making his way with the four person group he stopped noticing the armored lady still with them. Thinking it would be rude to just leave her in the dark he walks up to Adaleida,

"You should come with us back to our camp. Not exactly safe for a traitor to walk around. I or Snowbird, the small purple one, can treat your wounds with more care back there. We also have Anvil who can set you up with something more suited to you than that heavy armor. Something tells me you two will get along great. I would walk with you back to camp but it seems the other want me for something, I apologize for my lack of hospitality. Though, I'm sure you can find someone else to chat with if you're so inclined."  With that he walks back to the trio.

"You should just burn that book Crimson. It's better as a fire starter than any sort of reading material judging from the cover name."

Lucy's panic was now starting to fade, the beginnings of a smile returning to her face.

Adelaida, in the meantime, scoffed at Baldur.

CF32AMQ.png

"Pah. Me, a traitor? I'll tell you what, the second everyone decided 'yes let's go fight for Perus and the goddamn clown brigade', I know Ivanovich woulda told me I made the right choice. Hell, even Richter would have agreed with me... Well, minus the fact that he's... you know, dead." With a groan and a hand on her face, Adelaida leaned against the exit to the throne room. "I don't usually need to talk to people, but if this Anvil guy knows his shit I'll have to see for myself."

On the way, Arthur made his response to Baldur while keeping the tome firmly stuffed in his coat.

1xsI4aP.png

"I'd normally be inclined to agree, but it has some kind of magical energy. I don't know jack shit about magic that isn't clearly spelled out for me, all I know is that burning this thing will probably be bad news."

Lenore, for her part, simply looks exhausted.

She was really looking forward to the whole thing being over. She wasn't a mystery-solving investigator, she wasn't driven like Liza. She was here for the thrill of the hunt, the fun of the chase.

Dealing with deeply-seated government conspiracies, ancient godly weapons and the like was a little over her head.

She seeks out Kane.

eleanor-mug.png

"....boss. Did you ever figure any of this would happen, before you decided to get around to doing this?"

As their group reached the outside, Mim sighed in relief.

2I8vjvK.png

"Ah, there we go. Much better. I've missed this air, you know? It's so fresh and cool. Maybe once all of this is over, I will come back home after all."

She smiled at Lucy and then Crimson.

"So. Lucy, Crimson, you two doing ok? I know that must have been a lot."

Kane didn't go too far from the window— he was just doing a once-over on the sides. The front, where the group created by Mim was, did not seem to concern him very much. However, it was clear that his attention was starting to glaze over— only renewed once Lenore made her way towards him.

Pbz8cIA.png

"...No." Kane let out a sigh. "...I had thought our endeavors would spurn more capable people to act. Not that we're not capable, not in the slightest... I just didn't think we'd be laying siege to half of the castles in Purgus. It's... daunting."

———

Arthur looked away, his expression unreadable and avoidant.

1xsI4aP.png

"...Mmh. I'll be fine, at least until we get to the castle. I didn't really know any of those people personally, I just... urgh." Arthur rubbed his temple, almost wishing he could reach through his skull and massage his brain directly.

Lucy was a little more quiet in comparison to Arthur. Her head was down, unable to see the first flakes of snow beginning to fall outside of the outpost. Her silence was cut by the sound of snow falling off of the trees, masking the sound of flames in the forest. She took a moment, and then responded.

HzKDMrO.png

"I... I don't know..."

“Chin up, dear."

Almost instantly, Lucy let out a yelp as she clung to Mim— Arthur was quick to pull out a tome he could actually use. Covered by the shades of the forest was War, weak yet still standing. Shoddy bandages covered the areas where Lysander tore into her with his magic. She took a moment before pulling her hood down, letting long red hair akin to the flames she flawlessly wielded on the battlefield come free.

l11Bygd.png

“I'm not here for long, and I come unarmed," War fanned out her dress— though it was generally tied up in the heat of combat, it now was let down to heavily restrict her movement. After fanning it out, she lets it fall— the fabric gently brushing against the snow. "I just wish to see Pestilence for one moment." War beckoned Lucy, her gaze turning to Mim and Arthur. "...If her new guardians permit it."

Arthur paused, about to retort with something nasty before covering his lightly blushing face with his hand. Lucy remained paralyzed with fear, though seemed like her grip on Mim was relaxing a little.