Fire Emblem On Forums: Mortal Transgressions (IC)

RedMageCole

Kane stayed quiet for a little while, though he kept walking with Ferdiad despite the attempts to shove him off.

tfGgoct.png

"...I can't ask you to tell me anything you don't want to tell me... but at least let me walk with you. Just at least until we reach wherever you want to be... and then I'll explain everything to Queen Stella."

XT3ACY9.png

Baldur turns his head towards Lenore,  "Like I would let anyone die on my watch." He waved his hand dismissively before some purple and green.... and red got into his light of slight. His mouth dropped for a moment, only briefly before Baldur turned his whole body towards this mess of a man and spoke with the fury of the gods themselves,

XT3ACY9.png

"Fiscus... What, IN THE BLOODY FUCK, IS THIS!"

The sound of Baldur shouting is a rather distinctive one, and as it echoed into the room where Lizaveta had been resting after the fight (just because she'd been kicking ass didn't actually mean she wasn't exhausted) she almost automatically got back to her feet and started beelining out of the room -- sure enough, Baldur was shouting at Shin, and Lizaveta's pace picked up as she began to hurtle towards inevitable conflict. When she got near enough to see what was happening (Shin was rather covered with blood), she began of course to chastise Baldur in turn.

lizavetaneutral.png

"Really, Orchid? Really? Are you so utterly obsessed with this classist, pointless vendetta of yours against Ficus that you're this desperate to find a reason to criticize him? You're so hellbent on grasping for straws that you decide his being blood-spattered immediately after battle is sufficient excuse for you to go on some tirade at him? I bet that's what you were going to do, isn't it? It's sad."

Mim had considered following Kane, but had decided against it in the end. Instead, she collected her arrows from the fallen body of the enemy leader, and had stood there, staring into the distance for a few long moments, before her thoughts were interrupted by shouting. Whirling on the group, she quietly but forcefully started in on them all.

LNPvo8P.png

"Can we not? This is the second battle in a row that we've started fighting immediately after. Orchid, if you can't deal with Ficus, just go help someone else that needs it. There's no need for you to berate him every second. Let other people that can help him in a nicer manner help him. Mink, Scarlet, I know you want to help, but yelling isn't the way to go. Do you really want to have to get Phoenix involved again? Seriously?"

Shin takes a look at himself and finally notices the state he's in.

Z4DVKmf.png
"Ah.. um yeah, I'm sorry.. I must've gotten a little too clumsy."

3z8KJu2.png
"I-I'll try to take care of this later.. somehow. F-for now, let's just rest for a bit..  yeah? 

XT3ACY9.png

Baldur so wanted to continue on with his rant of anger, at Lizaveta especially after she stormed in with her shtick. But then a voice rings in the back of his head.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:31 PM, RedMageCole said:

7VQmZWw.png

"Baldur. What did we just talk about."

XT3ACY9.png

He took a moment to think whether this was really worth getting all up in arms about. He came to the conclusion that this was probably a big waste of everyone's time and energy. Ugh great...  "Y-you're right Mink, I shouldn't be so quick to get up in arms and Fiscus... I... a-apologize." Gods those word stung to say, especially to say it for Shin of all people.  "I'm gonna... see if anyone else needs attending to." His gaze then turns to Lizaveta,  "Oh and next time Scarlet, mind your own business. No one needed you to run over here just to stir things up more"

LNPvo8P.png

"Thank you Orchid." At least that was... something. "Here, come on Ficus, lets get you cleaned up, alright?"

Grabbing Shin by his least blood covered arm, she dragged him away from the group to Stella.

"Excuse me, your highness, might you tell me where the baths are, as well as some spare clothes perhaps? Unfortunately, one of our men got injured enough that his clothes need replaced."

Lizaveta didn't reply verbally to Baldur, but that didn't stop her from taking the opportunity to flip Baldur off for a little before trotting along after Mim and Shin.

lizavetasmile.png

"Here, Snowbird, you might need a little help. Ficus doesn't deserve the abuse he gets from Orchid, but... hehe, well, sorry but you are kind of super dirty Ficus. But that's okay, we can fix that!"

Stella looked at Mim and Shin, blinked a few times and thought for a second.

RDUhDVk.png

"Hm... there are baths downstairs... I think they might be close to the infirmary, just on the right and straight down for a little while... spare clothes, you might have to ask Albert..."

If Stella noticed anything weird about two girls wanting to bathe with a man, she didn't speak up. To be honest, she probably didn't see anything weird about it.

Justine tried not to squeal at Stella's reaction to her words. The queen really was adorable. She hadn't imagined she would be this sleepy, but she seemed to live up to the rest of her reputation otherwise. 

Yo0Wvkg.png

"I hope we can relax together after that trying battle. I know some of the others have reservations about working with the Cedan royalty, but I don't believe it hurts our message at all. Anyone can be Virtuous, from the most lowly peasant to even a queen and her court." 

Cecily was just about ready to lay into Baldur, but then he... apologized, which was not something she had expected to ever happen. 

PJEccba.png

"All considered, I think this went... well. I hope we can talk without getting interrupted again."

He briefly considers telling Kane that he doesn't have any place he's trying to go to, but it drifts out of his mind like trying to hold the breeze in his hand. It doesn't seem important, at the moment. In fact, little seems important at the moment, except a horrible truth that returned to him with ferocity, and is growing inside him like a disease.

His expression contorts briefly with pain, and he hastens his step until he's reached a door that leads outdoors to the castle's west wall, near the stables and the barracks. The expanse of grass just beyond the walls just before the castle town comes into view seems endless...

ferdiad_frown_talking.png

"You should inform Her Majesty," he says absently, looking out beyond the open doorway and into the sunlight. "I... I would... like to be alone."

Stella brightened up slightly at Justine's comments.

RDUhDVk.png

"In that case... won't you all stay the night? I have much to tell you all, once we've confirmed everyone's safety... but I would like to extend some hospitality to you all for your gracious acts before you're all sent on your way. There are many guest rooms that you can all stay in... though you may have to go two to a room... I hope Arthur doesn't mind?" 

Arthur looked briefly alarmed, but closed his eyes and shook his head.

Kane briefly stayed there by Ferdiad's sigh, but eventually nodded and stepped away.

Pbz8cIA.png

"...I will respect your wishes. But please... come back when you can. We will get this sorted out... and we will avenge the king. For now... take your time. We won't be going anywhere until the morning at the very least."

Kane gently patted Ferdiad on the shoulder as he began to move away.

Pbz8cIA.png

"...We're all in this together. Anything that ails you ails me as well. I may not know the scope... but I will make sure we both emerge from this stronger than ever."

Kane began to make his way back to the throne room...

As Shin, Lizaveta and Mim headed downstairs, Kane passed by them looking extremely grim.

Pbz8cIA.png

"...I'm sorry, but I need you three upstairs... I'm calling an emergency meeting."

Without another word, Kane headed upstairs...

Stella still looked in high spirits as Kane appeared, though she started to mellow out once she had seen Kane's grave expression.

RDUhDVk.png

"Phoenix, is it? I was wondering if you would all stay for the night, but... what's wrong...?"

Kane took a deep breath, opening his eyes to a normal level and trying to keep eye contact with Stella.

tfGgoct.png

"...There's... really no easy way for me to tell you this, Queen Stella. I'm sorry... King Tobias is dead. Shot in the neck by an arrow... instantly fatal."

Stella seemed to freeze up almost instantly, looking at Kane, who now looked more solemn than grim. A couple of tears fell down Stella's cheeks as she tried to keep her composure, but... to no avail. Arthur looked somewhat shocked as well, but kept his composure a little better, putting a single hand on Stella's shoulder as she stay seated, lost deep in thought. Albert arrived in the room, trying to find the words, but he could see from her expression that it had already been done. He hurried off to the front to try to make sure the troops returned safely and quickly before any more damage was done. Before long, Stella stood up as Arthur's hand fell off of her.

RDUhDVk.png

"...It's... i-it's not... your faults. You did all you could... b-but... I... I need some time... I-I'll meet you all at dinner... i-it should be ready in a couple of hours..."

Kane slowly nodded as Stella walked off to her room. A few guards entered the throne room on Albert's behalf, and accompanied her. Kane looked to the rest of Virtuous.

tfGgoct.png

"...Knight is currently alone as well, please try to give him some space unless absolutely necessary. We are still guests here, so please be on your best behaviors, all of you. Do not cause trouble. As well, if any of you see a green haired man, possibly with a bow, accompanied by..." Kane paused for a brief moment, counting in his head... "...potentially upwards of three people, get everyone together as quickly as you can and we'll see if we can hold them off. I doubt they've wanted to stick around for any longer, but do not take any chances. As well, do not leave this castle; whatever you need is most likely in here, but try not to talk to the guards while they're on duty, they'll probably question our presence here and we don't want to give Queen Stella any more trouble. You're all dismissed."

Kane retreated upstairs, potentially to the rooftop to keep a lookout. Arthur quietly stayed in the throne room, carefully watching the throne, sighing and simply leaning against the wall, contemplating. Simeon went downstairs hoping to look for a place to not bother anyone while he worked. Stella stayed in her room, Tobias' body carried out with two guards in her room and two guards guarding her room. Albert patrolled the corridors of the downstairs outside of Stella's room, and the thief lay recovering in the infirmary.

Intermission

XT3ACY9.png

"Bitch..." Baldur said under his breath as Lizaveta headed off with Mim.

Once he arrived at the throne room the butler was just in time to hear the assassination details for the King. While he didn't exactly like the King, he was on the top of his list. He just... didn't do anything. However, this murder did ring familar bells to him and he respects Stella and Kane too much to not at least attempt to look for evidence. However, it'd be foolish to do it alone and there was only really one other man he could trust to help him with this endeavor... well trust a bit more than the others as well as not being the worst of company.  "Crimson I need your help." He spoke walking up to the man leaning against the wall.  "I don't plan to sit idly by as the Kings assassins get away. There still maybe some evidence of the crime if we hurray, but I do not wish to do this alone. Therefore, I've come to you since I believe you'd be interested in this as well. Plus, two minds are better than one. Well, what say you?"

Arthur didn't seem the keenest on leaving his comfortable spot by the wall, nor did he seem to be very happy to be pulled out of his thoughts, but regardless he got away from the wall with a small sigh.

8iEEqWS.png

"We'll be damn lucky if the assassins haven't gotten away by now. If they hadn't, we probably would have heard about it... but regardless we can try to find something. However, Stella's room is off limits, we're not gonna bother her while she's grieving. Personally, I'd love if they'd fucking kill Ruslan already, but that's just not how my luck works..."

Arthur puts a hand on his chin, trying to get his mind off of wherever it was, and to focus on the mystery at hand.

8iEEqWS.png

"Where do you suggest we look first, then?"

XT3ACY9.png

"I have a little friend who might know a thing or two about our assailants. Come, lets head over to the infirmary." With that he led the way to the infirmary... or well he led the investigation as Crimson would lead them to the infirmary since he would know this place better than he would. Once they made it in Baldur went up the the thief boi and spoke,  "If you're well enough to speak then do so, now. I'd like to hear every detail, especially for the green-haired man."

The plans for a bath sidetracked, Mim couldn't even muster the will to do that after the announcement from Kane. Their fight seemed like a failure at this point, even if they had protected one of the royals. She had at least managed to find some new clothes for Shin, but hadn't had the energy to try and make sure he took care of himself beyond that. Instead, she had headed towards the infirmary, wanting to check in on the thief she had helped. As she was headed there, she spotted Baldur and Crimson entering in before her. Hesitating, she instead stood outside the door, listening in, but out of sight from anyone in the room. Maybe they would ask the questions she had...

Arthur was skeptical, but he did lead Baldur to the infirmary rather quickly. The thief was mostly just laying there, looking at the ceiling. A small detail, just a tiny detail that Baldur might have picked out, was that there was just a little less amount of medicine bottles on the table next to him compared to the rest.

8iEEqWS.png

"..."

Arthur felt like this wasn't a good idea, but the thief seemed a bit receptive.

5UvvCnw.png

"Urgh... about time someone came to talk to me. I heard from the infirmary... it seems his mission was completed, huh...? That asshole, he probably only cared to get it done... fuck him, I'm going to tell you everything."

Arthur raised an eyebrow, and the thief continued.

5UvvCnw.png

"We wouldn't have launched an attack if not for him, you know. The green haired man... I don't really have specific details, but apparently he met with King Jasper a few days before the attack was launched. The mission was clear... we were two different sides working together. See... King Jasper wanted somethin' from this place, somethin' belongin' to Gul that Ceda had... I tried to ask Hulbert what it was, but he kept tellin' me it was none of my business and that my job was to just grab less important loot. The green haired man, though... he specifically wanted King Tobias dead. Not Queen Stella... just King Tobias. I think he said something about Queen Stella not mattering, that she'd lose her nerve once King Tobias died. Not sure, he didn't tell me, he told one of his buddies that when he kept whining about how confused he was that they were only killing King Tobias. Two different goals... one place. I don't even know if the guy was Gul... he sounded and acted more Perusian, but... heh, that's an insult to Perusians. Guy was a fuckin' prick. Kept yellin' at us to keep up despite him being the one goin' too fast, and he yelled a lot at his own companions. He brought three for the job, but it was clear he was callin' the shots... I don't know how those three put up with him, I didn't see them too much, but all I know is that one somehow could just ignore him, then one, definitely a woman, could tell him to his face to calm down... which he'd always brush off without fail. That poor third one, though... looked like... she? He? Not sure... but they really looked like they wanted nothing more than to slow down and take a break... but whenever they'd stumble or stop, the green haired asshole would kick them and tell them to move it... but I'm ramblin' now."

The thief turned over.

5UvvCnw.png

"Told ya all I could... fuck, that was a bit more exhausting on my lungs than I thought... urgh... can ya get that potion girl...? The one in the adorable hat? I just need something to drink, she'll probably have somethin'..."

Arthur noticeably turned his head to the side, giving a little sigh.

...So it seems while they'd been defending the throne room, someone had snuck around them and assassinated the king. It was a cowardly move, and no less than Reiko had come to expect from the armies of Gul, but it was...concerning? She'll use that word for now. The truth is that she's...not exactly here to get involved in international politics and she's never had much intention for throwing her hat in any nation's ring, so...how much should she really be involved in their business? At what point does she--and Virtuous--simply become an agent of the kingdom of Ceda?

Gv4Sw9z.png

"...So where do you all go from here, then?" It's a general question, posed to any Virtuous members nearby who might be interested in answering. "This seems like a fairly blatant act of war on Gul's part...but I'm concerned that if we go too far to get revenge for them then it's a step towards being de facto arms of the government of Ceda."

Shin's very limited knowledge about the Cedan Royalty made it extremely difficult for him to realize the magnitude of this tragedy.. I mean, he didn't know that Ceda had a queen up until a short while ago either. But regardless he knew that the air had grown heavy enough to cut with a knife, and while he didn't know how important the King was, the loss of life is no matter to laugh at.

With nothing much he could do, he loiters around in silence.