[Trespassers V2 Subplot] Okami: Stains upon the Canvas

GodofGamingRWBY

Destructive One? Great Harbinger of Ruin? That. . . This cannot be, no no no. Dark, angry storm clouds started to gather overhead as the goddess froze in place. That is not, cannot be who I am. I will not allow this to happen. Orihime-no-muchi-no-Kami, what has caused this to befall me once again? The lightning rumbled overhead, as Mitsurugi felt that cloying dark within stir once more. I have refused thus far, I have protected them despite this. There are none who know of me here, and yet the evil spirits recognize me as one of their own. I thought this place was going to be my salvation, and yet it comes to this. 

And there she stood, frozen atop the gate, as the rain began to pour down.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lexiel looks between the imps, Mitsu, and the rain, and swiftly puts two and two together.  With a gesture, a fist-like orange rune inside a glowing circle appears in front of her left hand, and slowly travels up it, leaving behind the gleaming, golden plates of the Doomfist.  She clenches her now-armored hand, letting sparks of red energy run over the spiked knuckles menacingly.  "Did I stutter, punks?  This is a raid.  You don't want to be here for it.  Scram."

Spicy HG listened to the Imp's response and watched from the ground as the rain clouds slowly formed above Mitsu and let out a cold drizzle.

"That's enough of that."

With a half step forward she made two wide slashes leaving crossing diagonal cuts in the gate, and then followed up with a small ball of fire that blew the gate aside at the weak points.  Leaving a round smoldering indent in it.

As the rubble settled and the fire flared up more Spicy HG held her glaive to the side and addressed the Imps in an overtone of a slightly deeper, and angrier voice.
"If you think she is the destructive one you've got something else entirely coming."

Vulture Inn

On the other side of the gate, Ako had been listening in on the conversation between Goddess and Yokai, pressing her ear up against the gate. It had taken her a few moments to actually realize that those were Yokai and not any normal guards. It confirmed her suspicions, but why weren't they attacking? There had to be more than them recognizing one of the great Kami. Yokai always acted hostile towards any divine, so why were these different? Unfortunately, before she could ponder on that mystery anymore, Spicy spoke up, spurring the shrine maiden from her thoughts as she stepped back from the gate and into the cold rain, "Yeah, let's get over the-" she began to suggest, only to be forced to the side as Spicy blew open the gate, causing the shrine maiden to let out a small groan, "Oh come on, we could've just gone over the walls..."

Though the Imps had not gotten a good clue of the situation, the dark clouds, Spicy's entrance, and Lexiel's blunt claim was enough to set reality in. The second Imp, having not knelt down, chose to scurry into the Inn itself, quickly slamming the door shut before the first could even get to its feet. Outnumbered and definitely outgunned, the first Imp quickly turned from the now shut doors and back to the party, before dropping its naginata with a screech of fear, dropping down on all fours and running off to the side, and over the wall. Although it only managed to get a few feet from the Inn after that as two divine slips smacked into its torso, thrown by the still worried shrine maiden, causing a brief burst of light that engulfed the poor Imp, before leaving nothing more than a small flower where it had been standing.

And so, silence returned, the darkness supported only by the dull rainfall... And the rapid lighting of the Inn, causing the fog to reel back as if in pain as the Inn. From the somewhat muffled sounds of Imps beyond the door, it would seem that the Inn was back in alert, or at least finally back in business.

Spicy HG took several steps forward, walking with a sort of cold intent that betrayed her usual smooth flowing movement. 

She didn't bother trying to the door, either the Imp was smart and locked it or left it open to lock behind them.  She didn't intend to leave it on its hinges.

So she took another two swipes with her weapon, trying to knock down the door.

Spoiler

Vorpal Glaive: An incredibly sharp blade of polished steel, engraved with the Jabberwocky poem, and mounted on a haft nearly six feet in length and made of Ash, sanded and stained.

Deals 2d10+[Str] damage, reduce user’s Init by 8-[Str].

Level 2 - Vorpal: Defensive effects cannot reduce damage dealt below 25%.

Level 3 - Haddock's Eye:  Burning demon core shards etched into the blade grant +1d4 fire damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Lexiel starts toward the door, but then notices that Mitsu isn't moving.  She waves her right hand (which doesn't have the Doomfist on it) in front of the goddess' eyes.  "Hey, uh, are you alright?  You sort of just stopped there."

The goddess remained motionless for a moment longer on being beckoned; the only indicator that she'd noticed someone had addressed her was her eyes flicking downward to look at Lexiel instead of staring off into empty space. "I do not know." She stepped off the gate and plummeted to the ground, landing uncharacteristically heavily (though still on her feet.) She waited for Lexiel to come down as well, before almost reluctantly speaking up again. "I am afraid of how this world may change me." Youkai recognizing her as a destroyer. . . was it a trick by Orochi? It had to be. The alternative was. . . unacceptable. "And that change cannot come to pass."

Ako

“... Great Kami, it is not my place to pry into the matters concerning the gods unless I am called upon, but I want to say something” Ako suddenly said as she walked through the gate, casting her eyes down as to not meet the gaze of Mitsurugi, “I do not know of your history with the world, or… Worlds, in your case. But I don’t believe that the views of youkai matter to your standing. Though the past problem with… The Demon is problematic, youkai tend to have a limited view on the world around them, not to mention that most of them have never actually met a divine being before. I firmly believe that it’s nothing more than a plot of the Demon to prey on perceived insecurities. It can’t challenge Amaterasu directly, but a Kami that has no large following might be a good substitute for it.”

Despite initially starting off as calm as she could be, Ako had generally started to work herself up as she spoke, ultimately ending with her perking back up and looking directly at Mitsu. At least, for a second, before casting her eyes down again, “A-At least, that’s my reasoning. I don’t mean any disrespect by it” she quickly added, only for a loud crash to pull her away from the goddess and angel, face whitening as she saw Spicy slash down the door in pursuit of the demons, “Oh great, that’s- I’m not- Gah, I hope the Sparrow Clan forgives me for this” Ako exclaimed, running forward after the goddess whilst drawing several more divine slips, taking notice of the various screeches that were erupting from the Inn.

Vulture Inn

Battle Theme:

Spoiler

Though Spicy had torn through the gate with relative ease, the actual door to the inn was surprisingly studier than the first defense. However, the door was still material wood, the glaive tearing off a significant chunk of the door before the flames did the rest of the work, causing it to simply collapse, opening the way to the inn. The first thing that would’ve been noticed was the Green Imp, still sprinting towards the other end of the room, letting out a fearful inhuman screech that had attracted the other Imps that had taken refuge in the building. Though there were no other Green Imps, several Red Imps slowly walked into the room, staring at Spicy with caution.

But there was one that was unlike the others, standing behind a desk positioned next to a staircase in the middle of the room. An Imp covered in black fur, writing something down on a piece of parchment before finally taking notice of the commotion, namely the Green Imp’s shrieks and the now broken door. With a movement that indicated a sigh, the Black Imp calmly slid the parchment away from it, only to suddenly jump on top of the desk with a new conjured bongo, smacking the instrument five times in a small song. The song itself, bad as it was, had the side effect of causing an equal number of skulls to fly up and hover above the Imp’s head, letting out chattering laughs as the Imps began to screech in a chorus, oddly in enjoyment, rather than fear like the Green Imp.

There was one youkai that was different from the Imps, however, that had been calmly staring at the other Destructive Goddess from the top of the stairs. Taking the form of a woman garbed in a crimson and grey robe, pink wings poking out from underneath large sleeves, a long crane-like neck holding up a face shrouded by long black hair and a red hat. As the Black Imp began to prepare its entourage for combat, the bird youkai barely moved, only allowing two fans attached to its back to spread out like wings, and to draw a large object from underneath its robes… An oil-paper umbrella, bearing the same colors as its robes. Otherwise, it simply stood there, watching, and waiting.

It didn’t seem like they took kindly to these intruders, when it came down to it.

Turn Order

Spoiler

Mitsurugi: 14
Ubume: 13
Spicy HG: 11
Black Imp: 11
Ako: 7
Red Imps: 6
Lexiel: 1
Kino: 0

Status

Spoiler

Party

Lexiel: 90/90 Healthy
Spicy HG: 70/70 Healthy
Michael Mot: 85/85 Healthy
Mitsurugi: 65/65 Healthy, Divine
Kino:98/98 Healthy, spooky
   Enma: 68/68 Healthy, even spookier (not yet summoned)
Ako: 80/80 Healthy, 5 Ink Pots

Demons

Green Imp Guard: Scared

Red Imp 1: Healthy, guitar intact
Red Imp 2: Healthy, guitar intact
Red Imp 3: Healthy, guitar intact

Black Imp: Healthy
5 Skulls: Pristine

Ubume: Healthy

Spicy HG stepped slowly into the building, surveying the opponents as she did.  The green imp was still running, and the red ones didn't seem terribly impressive in the last battle, the bird was...suspicious, and the skulls looked too weak to survive a full onslaught.  Which left the black imp as the prime target.

Spicy HG uses Rush Technique on the Black Imp attacking 4d4+4 times for 5 damage each, each attack can't deal less than 1 damage.

.EXE Gauge: 0/32(0/4lvls),

Immunity to Fire damage,

Weakness to Ice damage,

Mitsurugi gains 20% resistance to Fire damage,

Loadout:

Spoiler

Level: 5

HP: 70/70

Init: +11

Tokens: 0/5

Stats:

Constitution: 8

Dexterity: 0

Intelligence: 0

Strength: 10

Synergy: 12

Vorpal Glaive: An incredibly sharp blade of polished steel, engraved with the Jabberwocky poem, and mounted on a haft nearly six feet in length and made of Ash, sanded and stained.

Level 3 - Haddock's Eye:  Burning demon core shards etched into the blade grant +1d4 fire damage.

Trapezohedron: A shiny black bangle made of polygons and math.

+12% Physical(non-magic/energy) damage resistance, reduce Init by 8-[Str](minimum 0).

Level 2 - Fundamental Origins: +3%.

Level 3 - Move Memory: Increase user’s Init by 3.

Level 4 - Action Memory: Further increases user’s Init by 3.(15% DR, +6 Init)

Rush Technique: Ravage your enemy with a flurry of blows.

Total: 4d4+4 attacks for [LVL] damage each, each attack ignores the first 3 points of damage reduction.

Level 1: Attack 1d4 times for [LVL] damage each.

Level 2: +1d4 attacks.

Level 3: +1d4 attacks.

Level 4: +1 attack for each die rolled.

Level 5: +1d4 attacks.

Sealing Slash: Cloak your weapon in binding energy and attack an enemy.  Make a weapon attack against one enemy at 75% damage that disables all of their non-item actions for 2 turns, cooldown=2.

Level 2: -1 cooldown

Burn: Sets one target on fire for 2d6+[Syn] damage for three rounds, three round cooldown.
Level 2: +1 target
Level 3: +1 target

Coupling Attack(perk)(1lvl): Choose one ally, 50% chance to gain a lily rank with that ally(no more than one rank per ally per combat), then you both make a weapon or zero cooldown attacks against the same enemy and each add 1d4 damage to your attack for each lily rank you share, takes an extra turn to use, doesn't require a slot, cooldown=3.

Level 2: Removes charge turn.

.EX Heat Lightning(2lvls): A channeled arc of concentrated fire.
Make a weapon attack against one target and tick all burn effects on the target, applying their damage to the attack.
Level 2: Now ticks burn effects twice each, applying their collective damage to the attack.
CPU Form: Damage cannot be dodged or reduced.

.EXE Flame Bind(-1lvl): Cloak your weapon in captive flame boosting its effectiveness.  Add [Syn] fire damage to the next attack of four targets, yourself or allies, choosing the same target multiple times stacks this effect, cooldown=2.

CPU Form: Attacks buffed in this fashion cannot miss or be dodged, buff must be applied after transformation.

Transform!(-2lvls): After generating enough energy to kickstart a short cutscene her divine form Spicy HG transforms into the CPU Blood Heart, gaining all the benefits there in, this action doesn’t require a slot.

Mitsurugi inhaled. If she was to be a destroyer, it would be a destroyer of demons, bringing ruination to the enemies of mankind. She assessed her foes in the span of that breath; many imps, but one foe of note. An ubume, a tragedy in her mere existence. 

Mitsurugi exhaled.

Shukuchi on the Ubume, activating Phase and benefiting from Daisho and the Cursed effect. 2 hits of 1.2*(5d6+28) pure damage.

Level: 5 (7 effective)
HP: 65
Init: 14
Stats: 7/30+7

• Constitution: 5 
  • Dexterity: 14
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Strength: 2
  • Synergy: 14

Perks:

Memories of Power: Mitsurugi's form and spirit remember being much more powerful than she is currently. Her effective level is 1.3x her actual level (rounded up.)

Lightning Speed: Mitsurugi has lived a long life of fighting duels with both danmaku and blades; she's gotten pretty quick over it. Grants +1 DEX per level. 

Building Calamity: Mitsurugi adds 20% of the damage she dealt last round to each attack this round. Damage is only considered for a maximum of two hits (damaging more will not build up additional damage.)

Earth and Fire Sign "Eruption": Blasts danmaku at a target in a manner reminiscent of a volcanic eruption, dealing an attack with the equipped weapon that bypasses damage resistance. 2 turn cooldown.

Storm Sign "Furious Tempest": A spell card that emulates a hurricane with thrown ofuda and blindingly quick slashes at every foe in the area. Deals DEX+1d4 damage to all enemies within 5 initiative of a chosen target, 2 turn cooldown.
-Level 1: DEX to all enemies, 2 turn cooldown.
-Level 2: Adds 1d4 to damage, but increases cooldown by 1.
-Level 3: Decreases cooldown by 1. 

Magic Blade (Passive): An attack by a god make in seriousness operates on both the physical and spiritual levels. When Mitsurugi makes an attack using an equipped weapon, she inflicts 4SYN/5 in damage to the primary target (does not apply to SYN weapons.) 
-Level 1: Adds 1/5 SYN damage to attacks.
-Level 2: Increases damage bonus by 1/5 SYN.
-Level 3: Increases damage bonus by a further 1/5 SYN.
-Level 4: Increases damage by 1/5 SYN. -

Shukuchi: A rapid dashing strike that moves quickly enough that the user fades from sight. The user attacks with their equipped weapon twice, on a 2 turn cooldown. 
-Level 1: User attacks twice, 5 turn cooldown.
-Level 2: 4 turn cooldown.
-Level 3: 3 turn cooldown.
-Level 4: 2 turn cooldown. 

Divine Essence (Passive): Attacks on gods are similarly both physical and spiritual, and only the latter can be truly effective. When Mitsurugi would be brought to 0 HP by an attack, the attacker must make an opposed check against her Synergy. If it fails, she survives with 1 HP. Can only activate once per round.
-Level 1: Enemies must make an opposed check against Mitsu's SYN to down her. 3 round cooldown.
-Level 2: 2 round cooldown.
-Level 3: 1 round cooldown.
-Level 4: Can activate once per round. This ability cannot receive any more levels that allow it to activate more often.

A Sword from a Dead World: An excellently-made but fairly simple katana. It has a few enchantments placed on it, and to those perceptive magically, it feels simultaneously alive and not. 
-Base: Deals 1d4+DEX damage.
-Level 2: Increases damage to 2d4.
-Level 3: Increases damage to 3d4. 
-Level 4: Increases damage to 4d4. 
-Level 5: Daisho: Can be used as a sidearm to a complimentary weapon, increasing that weapon's damage by two dice, no larger than d8s.

Robes of the Disaster God: A colorful set of robes that represent Mitsurugi's position as a god of natural disasters. They seem normal enough, but have an odd resistance to them when felt.
-Base: Grants a 5% chance to resist ailments applied to the holder.
-Level 2: 10% chance. 
-Level 3: 15% chance. 

Blade of the Phantom Moon: An exquisite katana made of silvery-grey metal that appears almost translucent in the right light, the very edge glows shifting from pale yellow/white to a soft teal.
Deals 3d6+[Dex] Light damage to one target, Weight of 4.
Level 2 - Cursed!: This weapon allows the user to interact with ghosts or spirits as if they were corporeal even if they couldn't normally, this effect works both ways.  They also take/deal 20% more damage from/to ghosts and spirits.
Level 3 - Phase: Once per combat the user may choose to make an attack with this weapon deal Pure damage.
Level 4 - Force of Nature: Attacks made directly with this weapon are not subject to miss or failure chance, proxy actions do not benefit from this effect.

Kino and Enma

Familiarity was a double-edged sword; as much as Kino could take a good guess as to what targets she should attack and their potential resistances and capabilities, they too, may also have some preparation toward Kino and her kin. While the Imps seemed meek, Kino's attention was more fixated on the avian that was eyeing the group--was it the bird that made the Inn's ominous name? Part of Kino resisted to attack given that fact, and even Enma felt less eager about the battle even with their numbers. Only the goddess appeared to dare attack it at present, though she seemed to possess an idiosyncratic position and familiarity to the world that surpassed Kino's herself; she decided she needed more information, and chose to attack the less intimidating targets at present.

Are you scared?

I'm with you. And our brothers and sisters. There's little to fear.

Kino (73/98)

Enma (68/68)

Kino unleashes her Revelation of spirits, the incantation causing wear that costs 25% of her maximum health. 

Enma attacks the Black Imp, dealing 1d6 + INT(9) damage to it, and marking it with Entente of Malice, which will empower Kino's next attack dealt to it. 

Strength: 0
Intelligence: 9
Constitution: 12
Synergy: 9

Cooldown/Ability usage:

Relevant combat perks: 

Remnant: Kills on an enemy by any source, one per turn, restore Kino and Enma's health by SYN (9) and reduce Kino's cooldowns by one. 
Shepherdess: Kino gains bonus damage per summon active with Enma providing a larger bonus. (Current bonus: 2) 
Unholy Covenant: Healing dealt to Kino and her summons by foreign sources only have 20% of their original value. 
Vial of Holy Water: Kino and Enma gain a permanent health bonus per the number of times Remnant was triggered in an encounter. (Current bonus: 8)  

Cycle of Rebirth and Death: Deaths of allied summons restore Kino's health by SYN/2.

Lexiel has one Mana Bond...

Lexiel summons a Soul Warden blocking for her.  The Soul Warden has 12 HP and counters attacks made on Lexiel for 5 damage.  Whenever someone enters the battle, including itself, the Soul Warden heals all friendlies for 5 HP.

Loadout:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n32cNcg9eEgyPGeQHO7bXH-1GVO8VS3CC1ZU3i60aiQ/edit?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

Loadout

Perks:
The Duelist:  Any time Michael deals single target damage to a target he may choose to taunt them, forcing them to include him as at least one of the targets of their next action.
Satisfaction, Demanded: Grants Michael access to the action "Showdown at High Noon"
Quick Draw: +1 Dex per level
Edge of Death: Every time Michael makes a weapon attack he gains one stack of "Patience".  For every stack of Patience Michael has he deals 5% more damage.(caps at 100%)
Likely cause of death: Michael loses every fifth round as he has to manually brake his motorcycle to prevent it from just ramming into a nearby wall

Actions

(Perk Backed Level 1) Showdown at High Noon: Michael challenges a single enemy to an old fashioned style duel by stepping off his motorcycle for once, and staring them dead in whatever passes for an eye these days, or by firing a single warning shot if that doesn't work.
For Three rounds if the target doesn't target Michael with an offensive action, or is helped by an outside force by healing or buffing, Michael gains a free action that can only be used to make a Weapon attack next round. Michael can end the effects of the duel early as a free action. This action has a six round cooldown
TL;DR Marks a target and then grants weapon attacks against them if they do anything that isn’t attacking Mot.
Level 2: Increase duration by one.

(Level 1) Stunted Strike: Michael strikes an enemy with his weapon of choice before using his bike's superior speed to get the hell away from the combat zone.
Mot deals Weapon damage to a single target and activates his Defend action. Three round cooldown.
Level 2: The cooldown is now two rounds.
Level 3: The cooldown is now one round.
Level 4: The cooldown has been removed entirely.

(Level 1) Confidence Booster: Michael does a comparatively easy stunt like doing a wheelie or popping an endo before shooting a nearby enemy.
Deal Weapon damage and restore [Damage dealt]/4 HP.
Level 2: Now [Damage dealt]/3.
Level 3: Now [Damage dealt]/2.

(Level 1) Mortality: Sometimes when Michael is in danger, time just seems to slow down, which allows him to pump the baddies full of lead.
Michael can choose a single ally to protect with this action, when that ally is attacked with a melee attack, Michael deals Weapon Attack damage to their attacker. This effect has no duration or cooldown, but it disappears after being triggered, and only one can be active at the same time.
Level 2: Now triggers twice before disappearing.

(Level 1) Ten Men Dead Before I could blink: Michael quickly takes out his massive weapon of choice and discharges it on an opponent almost in the blink of an eye.
Deal Weapon damage+Init difference to a single target.  Two round cooldown.
Level 2: Now has a one round cooldown.
Level 3: Now has no cooldown.

Items:

"Compassion": A parkerized Mateba Autorevolver Model 6 Uniqa Hunter that chambers some oddly high powered round that is a frankly unsafe combination of a .44 Magnum round with an excessively dense tip, and a rocket. The weapon has enough recoil to shatter the wrists of most mortal men.
Total 5d10+Dex damage to one target, not subject to miss chance.
Level 1 - Deals 4d6+Dex damage to one target, reduces the user’s Init by 12-[Str].
Level 2 - Inevitable: As long as Michael has this weapon equipped, he can pull of some rather ridiculously accurate shots. Attacks made with this weapon can no longer miss.
Level 3 - Mortal Bane: Deals +1d damage.
Level 4 - Precision: Now uses d8s.
Level 5 - Impact: Now uses d10s.

Biker's Outfit: Nothing but a Black leather jacket that stops just before the waist, a black motorcycle helmet that he wears when riding his bike for obvious reasons, and a tough looking pair of black pants. He just likes the color, well...almost as much as he loves the music of a certain man in black....
+12% Physical(non-magic/energy) damage resistance, reduce Init by 8-[Str](minimum 0).

Pale Horse: A seemingly sentient motorcycle that he can never seem to shake off, it has currently decided that it wants to be a bone white Kawasaki Ninja, a series of stripes that form a rainbow can be seen on both sides of it.  The motorcycle does it's best to follow Michael everywhere he goes, and it resists all methods of tampering with it. No matter what happens, the motorcycle will be there, watching.
+9 Init, user gains a 50%-([Dex]*5) miss chance while equipped.

Revving his motorcycle's engines as the rest slowly stride into the inn, Mot guns it as soon as he hears the sound of music, crashing into the scene, his cycle flying in the air for a moment as he opened fire on the biggest guy in the room, just like he did all those years ago....except that was a salloon, he was on a horse, and he is pretty sure that he was fighting normal bandits back then.

Mot uses Ten Men Dead on the Black Imp, dealing Weapon Damage (5d10+12)+Initiative (21) damage!.

Vulture Inn/Battle Theme

Spoiler

Michael Mot crashes through the Inn’s walls utop a motorcycle, causing a bit more property damage on top of Ako’s sanity as he puts a bullet into the Black Imp for 55 damage.

Shaking off the fact that the demons seemed to worship her, Mitsurugi flash steps from outside the Inn straight to the Ubume. In a split second, the Ubume flips around its umbrella, opening it up just as Mitsu swung her swords… And cut right through it, slashing into the creature for 99 damage as it let out a surprised squawk, halves of its umbrella floating to the ground pathetically.

However, shortly after it was slashed apart, the Ubume took a step back and flipped its umbrella (now simply a rod) around and grabbed its end. Then, in a flash of steel, the Yokai drew its sword from the umbrella sheathe and struck, slashing into the goddess for a smaller counter of 25 damage.

Spicy HG rushes into the scene, closing in on the new Imp variant and slashing into it 16 times for a total of 80 damage.

Shortly afterwards, the chattering skulls all opened their mouths, aiming at random members of the Yokai slaying team and firing small beams of energy at them. Kino is hit twice for 17 damage in total; Ako is hit for 10 damage; Mot is hit for 11 damage, and Spicy is shot directly for 14 damage. In addition to this, the Black Imp bares its claws, slashing up at Spicy for 22 more damage.

The various beads surrounding Ako’s neck suddenly enlarge, hovering above her body for a split second before lashing out at one of the laughing skulls, smashing it to dust with 30 damage. At the same time, petals and calming wind flows around Spicy HG, healing the goddess for 15 HP.

The Red Imps suddenly jump into action, letting out screeches as two rush towards Lexiel and attempt to slam their guitars on her head, dealing 12 damage twice, while the other runs over to help the Black Imp by using its guitar as a bat on the back of Spicy’s head, dealing 12 damage like its brethren.

Lexiel prepares for further head smacking by summoning a new Soul Warden, ready to do its duty and protect its master from evil. This time without a 50 foot skeleton in the way. It also releases a wave of healing energy that restores five HP to every Non-Yokai in the immediate area.

Kino merely summons her own Yokai to do battle, harming themselves in the process as Enma goes in to poke the Black Imp, marking it and dealing 12 damage.

As its friends began fighting the intruders, the Green Imp continues to run, climbing up the stairs in record time as it rushed towards an elevator just a few footsteps in front of said stairs. 

Turn Order

Spoiler

Mot: 21

Status

Spoiler

Party

Spicy HG: 54/70 Healthy
Michael Mot: 78/85 Healthy
Mitsurugi: 45/65 Healthy, Divine
Sorina: 72/72 Healthy
Kino: 55/90 Healthy, spooky
   Enma: 60/60 Healthy, even spookier
Ako: 75/80 Healthy, 4 Ink Pots

Demons

Green Imp Guard: Up the stairs and running for their life

Red Imp 1: Healthy, guitar intact
Red Imp 2: Healthy, guitar intact
Red Imp 3: Healthy, guitar intact

Black Imp: Heavily wounded
5 Skulls: 4 pristine, 1 dusted

Ubume: Nearly in half

Kino (56/98)

Enma (68/68)

Enma attacks the Red Imp 3 dealing 1d6 + INT(9) damage to it, and marking it with Entente of Malice, which will empower Kino's next attack dealt to it.

Kino attacks the same Red Imp 3 with Burial Rites, dealing 2d6 + INT (9) + INT/2 (4) +2 damage to it, and restoring Kino and Enma's health by SYN/2, respectively, triggering Entente of Malice. If Kino's target dies during the turn after being damaged by this ability, Kino restores health equal to the damage this attack dealt to them. 

Strength: 0
Intelligence: 9
Constitution: 12
Synergy: 9

Cooldown/Ability usage:

Relevant combat perks: 

Remnant: Kills on an enemy by any source, one per turn, restore Kino and Enma's health by SYN (9) and reduce Kino's cooldowns by one. 
Shepherdess: Kino gains bonus damage per summon active with Enma providing a larger bonus. (Current bonus: 2) 
Unholy Covenant: Healing dealt to Kino and her summons by foreign sources only have 20% of their original value. 
Vial of Holy Water: Kino and Enma gain a permanent health bonus per the number of times Remnant was triggered in an encounter. (Current bonus: 8 )

Cycle of Rebirth and Death: Deaths of allied summons restore Kino's health by SYN/2.

• 2 weeks later...

Spicy HG took a back stance as she finished her first flurry of attacks, taking count of the creature's wounds.  Then she lept forward again, intent on continuing to blend the Imp until it was sufficiently...homogeneous. 

Spicy HG uses Rush Technique on the Black Imp attacking 4d4+4 times for 5 damage each, each attack can't deal less than 1 damage.

EXE Gauge: 16/32(2/4lvls),

Immunity to Fire damage,

Weakness to Ice damage,

Mitsurugi gains 20% resistance to Fire damage,

Loadout:

Spoiler

HP: 70/70

Init: +11

Tokens: 0/5

Stats:

Constitution: 8

Strength: 10

Synergy: 12

Level 3 - Haddock's Eye:  Burning demon core shards etched into the blade grant +1d4 fire damage.

Trapezohedron: A shiny black bangle made of polygons and math.

+12% Physical(non-magic/energy) damage resistance, reduce Init by 8-[Str](minimum 0).

Level 2 - Fundamental Origins: +3%.

Level 3 - Move Memory: Increase user’s Init by 3.

Level 4 - Action Memory: Further increases user’s Init by 3.(15% DR, +6 Init)

Rush Technique: Ravage your enemy with a flurry of blows.

Total: 4d4+4 attacks for [LVL] damage each, each attack ignores the first 3 points of damage reduction.

Level 1: Attack 1d4 times for [LVL] damage each.

Level 2: +1d4 attacks.

Level 3: +1d4 attacks.

Level 4: +1 attack for each die rolled.

Level 5: +1d4 attacks.

Sealing Slash: Cloak your weapon in binding energy and attack an enemy.  Make a weapon attack against one enemy at 75% damage that disables all of their non-item actions for 2 turns, cooldown=2.

Level 2: -1 cooldown

Burn: Sets one target on fire for 2d6+[Syn] damage for three rounds, three round cooldown.
Level 2: +1 target
Level 3: +1 target

Coupling Attack(perk)(1lvl): Choose one ally, 50% chance to gain a lily rank with that ally(no more than one rank per ally per combat), then you both make a weapon or zero cooldown attacks against the same enemy and each add 1d4 damage to your attack for each lily rank you share, takes an extra turn to use, doesn't require a slot, cooldown=3.

Level 2: Removes charge turn.

.EX Heat Lightning(2lvls): A channeled arc of concentrated fire.
Make a weapon attack against one target and tick all burn effects on the target, applying their damage to the attack.
Level 2: Now ticks burn effects twice each, applying their collective damage to the attack.
CPU Form: Damage cannot be dodged or reduced.

.EXE Flame Bind(-1lvl): Cloak your weapon in captive flame boosting its effectiveness.  Add [Syn] fire damage to the next attack of four targets, yourself or allies, choosing the same target multiple times stacks this effect, cooldown=2.

CPU Form: Attacks buffed in this fashion cannot miss or be dodged, buff must be applied after transformation.

Transform!(-2lvls): After generating enough energy to kickstart a short cutscene her divine form Spicy HG transforms into the CPU Blood Heart, gaining all the benefits there in, this action doesn’t require a slot.

Lexiel considers her options.  With only 2 mana she can't do anything too flashy.  Mitsu has shown a notable ability to annihilate enemies.  With that in mind, Lexiel casts Temur Battle Rage on Mitsu, filling her with the righteous fury of the Temur ancestor and bear spirits.

Temur Battle Rage:

Spoiler

Temur Battle Rage (2 mana, red): Target ally may make a weapon attack as a free action during their next turn. If that character’s attacking stat is higher than their level and they down an enemy with a weapon attack during their next turn, damage dealt in excess of the downed enemy’s HP is dealt to the next enemy below them in the initiative order, then the one below that, and so on until all damage is assigned.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n32cNcg9eEgyPGeQHO7bXH-1GVO8VS3CC1ZU3i60aiQ/edit?usp=sharing

Mitsurugi breathed in, absorbing the magic as if it were simply air. "You have defiled this place of rest for too long already, servants of Yamata-no-Orochi." Despite the fact that they were indoors, the wind seemed to pick up, whipping at Mitsurugi's robes and hair - or perhaps they were the source. Menacing thunder rumbled as Mitsurugi lifted one arm into the air. "As guardian of this land, I pass my judgement upon you! Your existence is forfeit!" This last word was punctuated by a burst of energy that arced towards their foes, streaking towards them with the vicious beauty of lightning itself. She followed the strike up with a savage slash at the fleeing Green Imp, the goddess's form blurring as her blade sung. 

Delay turn until after Lexiel

Storm Sign for 1d4+DEX+15 damage to all enemies within 5 initiative of the target, focused on the Black Imp!

She attacks the Green Imp with her Blade of the Phantom Moon, benefiting from Daisho and Cursed, for (5d6+DEX+4SYN/5 (11)+30)*1.2 damage!

Level: 5 (7 effective)
HP: 65
Init: 14
Stats: 7/30+7

• Constitution: 5 
  • Dexterity: 14
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Strength: 2
  • Synergy: 14

Perks:

Memories of Power: Mitsurugi's form and spirit remember being much more powerful than she is currently. Her effective level is 1.3x her actual level (rounded up.)

Lightning Speed: Mitsurugi has lived a long life of fighting duels with both danmaku and blades; she's gotten pretty quick over it. Grants +1 DEX per level. 

Building Calamity: Mitsurugi adds 20% of the damage she dealt last round to each attack this round. Damage is only considered for a maximum of two hits (damaging more will not build up additional damage.)

Earth and Fire Sign "Eruption": Blasts danmaku at a target in a manner reminiscent of a volcanic eruption, dealing an attack with the equipped weapon that bypasses damage resistance. 2 turn cooldown.

Storm Sign "Furious Tempest": A spell card that emulates a hurricane with thrown ofuda and blindingly quick slashes at every foe in the area. Deals DEX+1d4 damage to all enemies within 5 initiative of a chosen target, 2 turn cooldown.
-Level 1: DEX to all enemies, 2 turn cooldown.
-Level 2: Adds 1d4 to damage, but increases cooldown by 1.
-Level 3: Decreases cooldown by 1. 

Magic Blade (Passive): An attack by a god make in seriousness operates on both the physical and spiritual levels. When Mitsurugi makes an attack using an equipped weapon, she inflicts 4SYN/5 in damage to the primary target (does not apply to SYN weapons.) 
-Level 1: Adds 1/5 SYN damage to attacks.
-Level 2: Increases damage bonus by 1/5 SYN.
-Level 3: Increases damage bonus by a further 1/5 SYN.
-Level 4: Increases damage by 1/5 SYN. -

Shukuchi: A rapid dashing strike that moves quickly enough that the user fades from sight. The user attacks with their equipped weapon twice, on a 2 turn cooldown. 
-Level 1: User attacks twice, 5 turn cooldown.
-Level 2: 4 turn cooldown.
-Level 3: 3 turn cooldown.
-Level 4: 2 turn cooldown. 

Divine Essence (Passive): Attacks on gods are similarly both physical and spiritual, and only the latter can be truly effective. When Mitsurugi would be brought to 0 HP by an attack, the attacker must make an opposed check against her Synergy. If it fails, she survives with 1 HP. Can only activate once per round.
-Level 1: Enemies must make an opposed check against Mitsu's SYN to down her. 3 round cooldown.
-Level 2: 2 round cooldown.
-Level 3: 1 round cooldown.
-Level 4: Can activate once per round. This ability cannot receive any more levels that allow it to activate more often.

A Sword from a Dead World: An excellently-made but fairly simple katana. It has a few enchantments placed on it, and to those perceptive magically, it feels simultaneously alive and not. 
-Base: Deals 1d4+DEX damage.
-Level 2: Increases damage to 2d4.
-Level 3: Increases damage to 3d4. 
-Level 4: Increases damage to 4d4. 
-Level 5: Daisho: Can be used as a sidearm to a complimentary weapon, increasing that weapon's damage by two dice, no larger than d8s.

Robes of the Disaster God: A colorful set of robes that represent Mitsurugi's position as a god of natural disasters. They seem normal enough, but have an odd resistance to them when felt.
-Base: Grants a 5% chance to resist ailments applied to the holder.
-Level 2: 10% chance. 
-Level 3: 15% chance. 

Blade of the Phantom Moon: An exquisite katana made of silvery-grey metal that appears almost translucent in the right light, the very edge glows shifting from pale yellow/white to a soft teal.
Deals 3d6+[Dex] Light damage to one target, Weight of 4.
Level 2 - Cursed!: This weapon allows the user to interact with ghosts or spirits as if they were corporeal even if they couldn't normally, this effect works both ways.  They also take/deal 20% more damage from/to ghosts and spirits.
Level 3 - Phase: Once per combat the user may choose to make an attack with this weapon deal Pure damage.
Level 4 - Force of Nature: Attacks made directly with this weapon are not subject to miss or failure chance, proxy actions do not benefit from this effect.

[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Loadout

Spoiler

HP: 85
Init: +21

Stats:

Strength: 12
Constitution: 11
Dexterity: 7+5
Synergy: 0

Perks:
The Duelist:  Any time Michael deals single target damage to a target he may choose to taunt them, forcing them to include him as at least one of the targets of their next action.
Satisfaction, Demanded: Grants Michael access to the action "Showdown at High Noon"
Quick Draw: +1 Dex per level
Edge of Death: Every time Michael makes a weapon attack he gains one stack of "Patience".  For every stack of Patience Michael has he deals 5% more damage.(caps at 100%)
Likely cause of death: Michael loses every fifth round as he has to manually brake his motorcycle to prevent it from just ramming into a nearby wall

Actions:
(Perk Backed Level 1) Showdown at High Noon: Michael challenges a single enemy to an old fashioned style duel by stepping off his motorcycle for once, and staring them dead in whatever passes for an eye these days, or by firing a single warning shot if that doesn't work.
For Three rounds if the target doesn't target Michael with an offensive action, or is helped by an outside force by healing or buffing, Michael gains a free action that can only be used to make a Weapon attack next round. Michael can end the effects of the duel early as a free action. This action has a six round cooldown
TL;DR Marks a target and then grants weapon attacks against them if they do anything that isn’t attacking Mot.
Level 2: Increase duration by one.

(Level 1) Stunted Strike: Michael strikes an enemy with his weapon of choice before using his bike's superior speed to get the hell away from the combat zone.
Mot deals Weapon damage to a single target and activates his Defend action. Three round cooldown.
Level 2: The cooldown is now two rounds.
Level 3: The cooldown is now one round.
Level 4: The cooldown has been removed entirely.

(Level 1) Confidence Booster: Michael does a comparatively easy stunt like doing a wheelie or popping an endo before shooting a nearby enemy.
Deal Weapon damage and restore [Damage dealt]/4 HP.
Level 2: Now [Damage dealt]/3.
Level 3: Now [Damage dealt]/2.

(Level 1) Mortality: Sometimes when Michael is in danger, time just seems to slow down, which allows him to pump the baddies full of lead.
Michael can choose a single ally to protect with this action, when that ally is attacked with a melee attack, Michael deals Weapon Attack damage to their attacker. This effect has no duration or cooldown, but it disappears after being triggered, and only one can be active at the same time.
Level 2: Now triggers twice before disappearing.

(Level 1) Ten Men Dead Before I could blink: Michael quickly takes out his massive weapon of choice and discharges it on an opponent almost in the blink of an eye.
Deal Weapon damage+Init difference to a single target.  Two round cooldown.
Level 2: Now has a one round cooldown.
Level 3: Now has no cooldown.

Items:
"Compassion": A parkerized Mateba Autorevolver Model 6 Uniqa Hunter that chambers some oddly high powered round that is a frankly unsafe combination of a .44 Magnum round with an excessively dense tip, and a rocket. The weapon has enough recoil to shatter the wrists of most mortal men.
Total 5d10+Dex damage to one target, not subject to miss chance.
Level 1 - Deals 4d6+Dex damage to one target, reduces the user’s Init by 12-[Str].
Level 2 - Inevitable: As long as Michael has this weapon equipped, he can pull of some rather ridiculously accurate shots. Attacks made with this weapon can no longer miss.
Level 3 - Mortal Bane: Deals +1d damage.
Level 4 - Precision: Now uses d8s.
Level 5 - Impact: Now uses d10s.

Biker's Outfit: Nothing but a Black leather jacket that stops just before the waist, a black motorcycle helmet that he wears when riding his bike for obvious reasons, and a tough looking pair of black pants. He just likes the color, well...almost as much as he loves the music of a certain man in black....
+12% Physical(non-magic/energy) damage resistance, reduce Init by 8-[Str](minimum 0).

Pale Horse: A seemingly sentient motorcycle that he can never seem to shake off, it has currently decided that it wants to be a bone white Kawasaki Ninja, a series of stripes that form a rainbow can be seen on both sides of it.  The motorcycle does it's best to follow Michael everywhere he goes, and it resists all methods of tampering with it. No matter what happens, the motorcycle will be there, watching.
+9 Init, user gains a 50%-([Dex]*5) miss chance while equipped.

Revving up his motorcycle's engines, Mot performs an array of stunts to try and remain close to the goddess of disaster, his trained hand ready to quickly shoot any spirit or man that attempts to close in and harm her.

Mortality on Mitsu, Dealing Weapon Damage (5d10+12)+5% (Patience Stack, Edge of Death Perk) to the next two enemies that uses a melee attack on her.

Vulture Inn battle theme

Spoiler

Managing to stunt his way up the stairs of the inn, Mot circles around to Mitsu, gun trained on any of the demons that planned to strike back against what the goddess was about to do next.

Halfway through Mitsu’s speech, the Ubume took a step forward, wordlessly giving its opinion about the Goddess of Disaster as it brought its blade above its head and slashed down at her, dealing 38 damage and leaving a bloody gash in her robes. Of course, immediately after that, a gunshot rang out as Mot finally finished his stunts, putting a bullet directly through the demon’s heart with 46 damage. However, despite having a hole where its vital organ should’ve been, the demon remained standing, calmly sheathing its sword in preparation for its next attack.

Granting the Black Imp just enough time to process what was going on, Spicy rushed back into the fray, slashing the black demon apart in a flurry of 14 blows, slaying the demon where it stood without much difficulty. Upon its death, the remaining chattering skulls immediately freeze, lifelessly dropping to the ground with several resounding shatters.

Without the Black Imp for her to worry about, Ako turns her attention to the various Red Imps, divine instruments lashing out once again at one of their heads. However, just before it connected and severed the demon’s head from its body, the Imp pulled out its guitar, the demonic instrument managing to take the strike with only a significant gash to show. One that was already beginning to patch itself up. At the same time, another burst of wind and sakura petals flows around Mitsu, restoring her body for 15 HP.

Although clearly outnumbered and overpowered,, the Red Imps didn’t flee like those of their kind usually did. Instead, they opted to at least make a last stand, spreading out and swinging their guitars at Ako, Enma, and Kino, dealing 14, 10, and 13 damage to each.

With most of the noticeable problems being dealt with, Lexiel casually enhances Mitsu’s bloodlust by giving her Battle Rage, confident that it wouldn’t lead to more problems than they already have.

Thunder rumbles in the distance as Mitsu makes her declaration to the demons, divine lightning arcing from her being, dealing 32 damage to every demon in the room as it coursed into their beings and tore them asunder, vaporizing the Red Imp’s guitars and the Ubume itself, barely holding on after being shot by Mot. For a brief moment, the Green Imp seemed to have been spared of the Goddess’ wrath… Only for her blade to sever its head from its shoulders with 71 damage, easily slaying the beasts where it stood as it turned into naught but sakura petals. Normally this gesture would’ve been enough for the Goddess, but something urged her to continue, urged her to go forth and slay every single being present in the name of the Temur… No… Not just that, but something else...

Spoiler

BIND OUR BLOOD PACT, O’ HERALD OF RUIN. LET NONE STAND IN THE WAY OF THY DESTINY

Whatever the source was asking her to fight for, Mitsu’s body moved on its own, becoming a blur as she suddenly appeared next to one of the Red Imps that was still recovering from her display of power. Her movement had barely messed with her sword’s arc, allowing it to cleanly cut through the lowly demon in the same stroke that had taken out the first.

Enma and Kino begin their tag team combination, the spirit leading the way and striking the demon for 13 damage, marking the demon just as Kino made their move, adding another 20 damage and healing the duo for 4 HP each as the Imp just barely held its ground.

The Green Imp is too dead to try and get help.

Turn Order

Spoiler

Mot: 21

Status

Spoiler

Party

Spicy HG: 54/70 Wounded
Michael Mot: 78/85 Wounded
Mitsurugi: 22/65 Heavily wounded, Divine, Battle Raged
Kino: 46/90 Wounded, spooky
   Enma: 54/60 Wounded, even spookier
Ako: 61/80 Wounded, 3 Ink Pots

Demons

Green Imp Guard: Executed

Red Imp 1: Double Executed
Red Imp 2: Heavily wounded, guitar destroyed
Red Imp 3: Healthy, guitar destroyed

Black Imp: Bloody pieces
5 Skulls: 1 dusted, 4 shattered

Ubume: Vaporized

The battle rage suffused Mitsurugi's being. She felt alive, truly alive again, fulfilling her purpose at last as she struck down her foes with a righteous fury. Her form blurred as she made yet another strike, cleaving one of the remaining imps in half with a clean, yet unmistakably savage blow. She lifted her sword for another strike. . . then froze. Herald of Destruction. . . The goddess simply stared at the demon in front of her, stuck motionless for a moment, before forcing herself to step backward and sheathe her blades. "The edge. Is it so close now?" she whispered to herself. She could not tell how near she was to losing her nature, which made her all the more afraid.

With her last strike Spicy HG's glaive made a sound something like a whip's crack and the Black Imp's head went rolling off behind it. 

Some kind of energy arcs between her hands and glaive in an array of colors, mostly reds and purples.  It also starts condensing in the air around her as motes of light that drift inward towards her. 

She turned, watching Mitsu's strike and then the hesitation.  She reached out with her off hand and snaps her fingers, causing the imp to glow for a moment before flame erupts from its eyes, mouth, and any wounds, burning it from the inside out.

"Perhaps it is-" She looked up to Mitsu as she spoke, eyes glazed over with the same glowing symbol from the first time they met, she reached up and slid a stray streak of silver-white hairs out of her face, "-Saigai Mitsurugi."

• 3 weeks later...

The steady rumble of Mot's steed slowly died away as he pulled to a stop beside the Shinto (?) priestess, one of his hands swiftly flipping a visor up, revealing kind green eyes lying behind it, with the barest hint of crow's feet trailing beside, "Seems we've sent all the little ones packing...."

Vulture Inn

"Yes, it would seem so" Ako replied, slips of paper vanishing into her sleeves as she took in the state of the inn, "Odd that there were so little demons here. I figured that our entrance would alert the entire place to an attack" she added, resting a hand on her chin as she took a moment to think, "Hm... Considering the dark air, the Demon's leader is still around. If I were to give a guess, they might either be above us where the Boss lived, or in the Sanctuary past the hot-" she continued, turning to a hallway off to the side of the room that seemed to lead outside, only to be interrupted when a new voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

???

"Ah, Miss Ako, what a surprise to see you so far from the Shrine. I see you're also with this fine group. A pleasure to see you all again" a voice called out, a cheerful energy cutting through the tense air like a hot knife. Upon looking for the source, it would be easy to find a familiar face resting a hand on the second floor's railing, taking a short puff of their pipe, "I heard some commotion while I was trying to eat, and figured I would see what it was about. I hardly expected to see you folk here" Tanabe added after the quick smoke, giving a smile to the various members of the group, all while ignoring the dissipating parts of the now slain demons.