[Trespassers V2 Subplot] Okami: Stains upon the Canvas

GodofGamingRWBY

Kino and Enma

After (eventually) calming down, Kino arose from her daze of instability to find that her colleagues were already in conversation with a man smoking a pipe. Enma had gave her some worry despite understanding why in particular she had been affected previously, but decided not to spur her once she recovered. Kino's thoughts returned to the familiarity of her somewhat homely surroundings that helped relieve her slightly despite the previous reminder. Unsure if it would be rude to intrude on the currently ensuing conversation, Enma then told her that the piped man did address all of them for pleasantries, although as to whether or not Kino in particular was noticed , due to how distracted she was, was questionable. She eventually decided that it wouldn't hurt, inching toward the conversing group. It was Enma who spoke first.

"Konnichiwa!" The spiritual, ghastly form of a girl said, a mischievous smile on her face as she twirled around in mid-air, going across the group above them as if they were smoke. Kino then followed with her own introduction. "I too, bid you good day. I am Kino, a former nun. And that would be my sister, Enma." She presumed the others could see her and found little need to explain the circumstances unless questioned, unlike with her previous encounters. She struggled to scramble for a topic of interest before her thoughts fell on the bell. "I was admiring the bell of this shrine previously," she managed, finding it rather difficult to brush off the acerbic taste that the memory of her previous state was leaving in her mouth. "I take it it is used for ceremonial purposes? The shrine I once called home possessed such a similar bell." 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tanabe

For the most part, Enma's greeting was met by a mere glance upwards by the merchant, before focusing his gaze back on Kino, "Greetings to the both of you. I would ask the Miko about the bell. What I know about it is limited, but I know it is a form of prayer site. I see many travelers using it for prayers and the like" he said, before looking up at the sky, "Unfortunately, I'm beginning to be pressed for time. I'd love to continue talking with you fine folk, but I need to set up shop at the capital. If that's all, then I'd like to get moving."

Mitsurugi offered another polite bow of farewell. "Travel safely, Tanabe Seketsune. Good luck in your travels." She straightened, taking a deep breath. No signs of bad weather that she could feel, not that her reach extended particularly far nowadays. The goddess did feel invigorated by the air, though. . . this was the kind of era her kind had thrived in. Mitsurugi turned towards the shrine. "Now, we should speak with the miko in charge of this temple. Consulting with a priest of Amaterasu would be an excellent way to get our bearings in this world, and perhaps she could be convinced to lend her gohei to another."

"The local deities?  Are you sure?"  Lexiel asks skeptically, "This could get messy.  Poor Elspeth...  If you're certain.  But unless you're from this world, I would caution you that a deity that shares the name of one you're familiar with might not share much else.  Urza's bones, this could be about to bite us in the butt."

Spicy HG stood toward the back of the group while the merchant man walked by, no need to crowd him, but as Mitsu suggested going to the temple she stepped up again.

"Well most of the Deities I've met have tried to kill me at least once.  Though I guess they did sort of have a reason...and I did try to kill them right back...Yeah you guys should probably go ahead, I'm going to stand in the back try not to look like a problem worth smiting."

"No, this place is too similar for this to be coincidental. This air is much like the air of my youth. A powerful air, one of faith and potential from when gods walked the land among men as they should." She took a deep breath, as if she could inhale the energy she felt in the air. "I doubt that she will be the same as the Amaterasu I know, but a shrine like this, with a miko in a land such as this one, to a god of that name. . . it could not be possible for her to be that different." The corner of her mouth twitched upward slightly. "And besides, I have done no small share of smiting in my life. I shall not go quietly if it comes to conflict."

Tanabe

“And fair travels to you as well” Tanabe replied with a slight bow of his head, and a raise of his pipe, before moving past the group and down the road, continuing his journey to the capital of Nippon.

Shrine

Once the group got everything together, they would find the shrine itself, once past the small surrounding walls, to be… Well, rather simple. A small, stone pathway to the shrine itself, lit by four lamps, and a singular tree and well. The main noticeable trait about the outside itself was simply the single tombstone places near the well, well maintained despite its apparent age. However, there was a feeling of divinity surrounding the place, and a sense of safety that seemed to linger in the air.

Inside the shrine itself was a rather spacey room, dimly lit with only a few lamps currently on. On the four pillars around the room itself was a collection of talismans and prayer slips carefully aligned, each baring a different marking on them, and seemed to shine despite the dark room.

In the middle of the back wall, however, was a stone statue of a large wolf, sitting down and bearing strange markings along its body, and a large flaming disk on its back. At least, that was what it appeared to be.

And in front of said statue was what appeared to be the Shrine Maiden, sitting on her knees… And fast asleep, snoring loudly.

Mitsurugi cast her gaze about the place. Simple enough, but well-maintained; she would expect no more or less from a shrine located thusly, with extra leeway given for this being recently converted. The feeling in the air was a familiar one, but one that was also one she hadn't felt in a while; the presence of a different deity of the same nature as herself, but greater. Amaterasu was one of the great gods, chief among the kami. . . well, as often as they deigned to interact with those below, anyway. She couldn't recall more than brief brushes with the goddess, back in. . . well, times like the one she found herself in now. Still, being humbled by a greater being or no, she was pleased with the state of the shrine.

This pleasure, unfortunately, evaporated fairly quickly upon the first snore emitted from the shrine maiden. The slight smile on her face inverted itself, and an uncommon event occurred; the goddess actually raised her voice. "Shrine maiden of Amaterasu! This is no place to be sleeping, you lazy monkey! Show some respect!"

Mitsurugi's shouting had the intended effect, as the Shrine Maiden practically jumped to her feet, instantly on alert as she spun around and nearly fell over, "HUH?! WHAT?! WHO-" she shouted in kind, before stopping mid sentence with a gasp of shock upon seeing Mitsurugi.

New Theme

Spoiler

Ako

After a few seconds of that initial shock, the Shrine Maiden cleared her throat, placing both of her hands in front of her as she bowed to the group, "My deepest apologies, I seem to have dozed off a while ago. I certainly didn't expect any visitors at this time. Welcome to the Shrine of Amaterasu, travelers. I am the Shrine Maiden of this place, Yamashita Ako" she greeted, straightening herself as she finished doing so, "What brings you, great Kam- I mean, er, travelers?" she asked, freezing partway through as she looked at Mitsurugi, before changing what she was going to say.

Mitsurugi quickly settled back into her normal demeanor, much like the equally sudden calm after an unexpected storm. The only hint of her prior irritation was a slight nod once the shrine maiden offered proper respect, and even that might have been a response to the bow, instead. Her eyes shifted slightly, meeting Ako's directly as she interrupted herself. "I am Saigai Mitsurugi, goddess of natural disasters and a guardian of this country." Well, not this one, specifically, but it was close enough, and she would put in the same effort she would if she had succeeded previously. Now is not the time to ponder that. "I, along with my companions, have come after a call for assistance, though I was unsure of who, precisely, made the request. I had hoped that Amaterasu, or one of her shrine maidens, would be able to clarify."

Ako

“Oh… I see” Ako replied, seemingly taken aback by how casually Mitsurugi announced that she was a goddess. Nevertheless, she cleared her throat, scanning the group before speaking again, “Well, if that’s the case… Then I must thank you for coming. I’m not sure who sent you to assist, great Kami, but given the circumstances…” Ako began to explain, before sighing and turning to look at the statue of Amaterasu.

Spoiler

“Over a hundred years ago, Amaterasu descended upon Nippon, taking the form of a great white wolf that watched over all who exited the small village of Kamiki. The wolf, dubbed Shiranui at the time, was believed to be a servant of the great Demon that lurked in the nearby Moon Cave…” Ako explained, taking a deep breath to prepare herself before continuing,

Yamata no Orochi

With those three simple words, the room seemed to darken, a chilling breezing coming from seemingly nowhere, threatening to extinguish the few flames that lit the room, the individual talismans shining briefly in response.

Soon enough though, it all seemed to end as Ako continued, “The Demon was only put to a stop by Nagi, who with the help of Shiranui, defeated and sealed the beast away. However, Shiranui was fatally injured, and died shortly after the battle. Fast forward twenty years ago, and the Demon was reawakened when someone released the seal keeping him there, putting a curse over all of Nippon, snuffing out the light with a simple roar. Amaterasu descended this time once more, and worked to defeat him again… Which she did, with the help of Nagi’s descendant

“Originally it was believed that he was slain in his second battle with Amaterasu, but now, demons have began returning to Nippon, becoming far more active than they have been before. Not only that, but I’ve investigated the Moon Cave, and-” suddenly, Ako whipped out a prayer slip… And almost immediately, a wave of negative energy washed over the party, all emanating from the prayer slip in her hand, which was pitch black, containing red ink strokes, and having a near visible aura of darkness around it, “This is a small sample of a seal I found placed in front of the Moon Cave’s entrance. Not designed to keep something in, but to keep people out” she stated, before returning the slip under her sleeve, “Due to the place it was kept, I can only assume that the Demon is reawakening, and other demons have placed up the seal to make sure he is undisturbed.”

And with that, Ako clapped both of her hands in front of her, “Which is why I’m so glad that my prayers have been answered. A Goddess is just what we need to defeat the great Demon.”

"I'm simply glad to be called upon to perform my duties once again. Yamata no Orochi, though, that is disturbing news. . ." That demon. In her world, an ancient youkai beast killed by Susano'o after he was banished from Heaven. She'd never been overfond of Susano'o, herself; gods should have a bit more composure. Even if he was a sort of older brother to her, in a vague and distant way, it didn't excuse that level of misbehavior. "Do you know if this descendant of Nagi is still alive in well, or if they have children of their own? A bloodline that has banished the demon twice may be useful for the third."

Lexiel steps into the shrine and glances around curiously, listening in on the back-and-forth between Mitsu and Ako, before she decides she should probably step in.  "Mitsu, be polite," The angel admonishes mildly stepping up to loom over the pair with a friendly smile, "A more casual attitude should not be reason to treat a woman like something scraped off your boot, I think.  Besides, if the gods of this land truly care for the people, something so minor will not offend them.  And if they do take vengeance for a minor slight like this...  Such a god is not worth worshipping.  Better to spend the effort on things of value.

"A giant monster you say?  Wishing to end the world?  I suppose it's about time for one.  It's been a week.  A bit of a drama queen too, if he wastes energy on displays like that when his name is spoken.  ...I wonder how much energy those petty theatrics use?  If we got enough people to chant his name for a while, it could drain his powers.  This will need testing.  Oh!  Is the barrier field worded to keep people out or to keep men out?  Both can be circumvented, but one is much easier than the other."

"Scraped off of my boot? Impolite? No, I think you misunderstand." Mitsurugi seemed genuinely confused by Lexiel's seeming issue with her behavior. "One does not sleep before the shrine of a goddess one claims to serve. It is utterly disrespectful. Now, however, the issue has passed, and I trust that this miko will take her duties more seriously in the future. Particularly with the looming threat of Yamata no Orochi." Her expression returned to a more neutral one. "And were you not the one cautioning me to take care when dealing with the gods of this land? I do not know the gods of your world, but capricious, easily offended gods are not precisely a rarity in a place like this."

Lexiel starts to respond, and then thinks better of it.  Right.  This is the one with a god complex.  "...  Ah!  I see.  Cultural dissonance!  The place I am from and the place you are from have different standards for what proper decorum is.  And as our new acquaintance has not taken offense, your home is likely more similar to this place than mine.  I shall have to be careful to prevent future misunderstandings.

"In my experience, if a god is inclined toward offense, it will not matter what our actions are.  Ones that advance their cause, even ones they personally mandated, will infuriate them as much as ones intended to push the limits.  If all courses of action lead to divine wrath, best to invite it while we are fresh and well-rested.  If the local god is tolerant, we learn it now, and will not need to worry later.  Otherwise, needless stress, poor sleep, and then a big fight anyway, when we are less prepared."

Mitsurugi eyed Lexiel for a moment. She did say she would behave herself, but. . . "There is no need to push the bounds of tolerance. The attitudes of a god are not so unchanging as you seem to believe; a small amount of politeness and a token offering can ease one's life significantly. And if the god is tolerant, there is all the more reason to pay them due respects, no?" The angel seemed to have a strange distaste for other divinity, and she supposed she likely fell into such. Well, she was not one to trouble herself with the opinions of the ignorant, though she would prefer to get along with her allies. Or get the deference she deserved, but she had largely given up on such.

Ako

For the most part, the reactions Ako got were… Well, mixed. From Mitsurugi, it was somewhat expected, questions on Orochi. She wasn’t surprised there, the gods, including Amaterasu, tended to not actually be omnipotent, unlike what most people thought.

What she didn’t expect was the foreigner’s response. The 6’2”, rather intimidating foreigner, who merely wondered how much energy Orochi would need to use to keep his curse up. Which, to be fair, was an interesting question… If not for the fact that she wanted to use other people to test it.

She had to step in.

“Well, I’ve been working for weeks and haven’t been able to get much sleep recently, so I think just being back here relaxed me enough to let me… Er… Nevermind” Ako began, only to shake her head as she focused on the important topics, “More importantly, the Prophet of Sei-an told me that the barrier was simply meant to bar entry to those not allowed in. Sort of like a gate with only a few individuals having a key. Though, with the Demon’s history, I wouldn’t be surprised if women were allowed inside… And either way, I wouldn’t just go chanting his name around. The shrine is guarded by Amaterasu’s power, but out there, even names can hold power. Or in his case, great curses” she explained, mostly looking at Lexiel as she did so.

And then, she looked back at Mitsu, “But yes, I do believe Nagi’s descendant it still alive and still living in Kamiki. He goes by the name Susano. Though, last time I visited Kamiki he wasn’t in… The best of shape.”

Sorina takes a moment and examines the group for a moment. Despite the exotic group of individuals surrounding her, it looks like almost all of them are female. "Well, not to assume anything, but it does appear to me that the lot of us pass those qualifications. We might could organize an undercover operation if he lets certain women inside. You..." she looks at the one male in the group, "well you could stand outside and keep watch. Or, if we can find some nice dresses and makeup... Have you ever heard of Drag?" Or he could be our pimp, but I don't recon anyone here would be comfortable with such phrasing. He looks like he could manage it though.

She looks up at the intimidating females in the group. This lot would make a terrifying harem. And not in the fun way. "Hmm. And some of you look a bit too... murderous and independent. We'd want to tone that down a smidge if we tried to sneak in." It would certainly be an experience, but Sorina ain't been in a situation like that in many years, so she's ultimately unsure about the idea. 

Ako

"I... Suppose so. Yes, that might work, but we'd have to wait until the Moon Festival to see if it really is him, and even then as long as the barrier is up only the sacrifice chosen could enter. So... Actually, I don't think it would work. But I've managed to figure out something. The slip I used to absorb some of the seal's energy was a form of travelling slip. It was meant to help guide those that possessed it to their destination. So I gathered it would be capable of tracking the sources of the seal, since I'm fairly certain other demons are supplying their power to it" Ako replied, lifting up the arm that she had hid the slip in question into, "And furthermore, it seems like only four demons are supplying the seal. I think if about three are taken out, I'll be able to break the rest of the seal on my own. I am experienced with exorcisms."

"Who are these demons?  Do you know where we can find them?"  Lexiel asks, "Wouldn't be my first demon hunt.  I'd say it should be easy enough, but it rarely is with demons.  It'll at least probably be simple."

Ako

At Lexiel's question, Ako nodded, "I do know where we can find the demons. Give me a second" she replied, before turning around and heading to the side of the statue, where there was several piles of scrolls neatly arranged. At least, they were, before Ako began picking them up, scanning each of them to try and find the right one, only to place each one down quickly when it was clear it wasn't the one she was looking for,

"Nope... Not that one... Why do I... Nevermind... Let's see... Nope, nope, nope, nadda, nope, ah! There we go!" she finally said, standing up and holding up a plain scroll, before bringing it back to the group and rolling it open, revealing what appeared to be a map, which was neatly placed onto the ground. As she began to speak again, she flicked the 'cursed' prayer slip out of her hand, "This slip is basically a modified traveling charm, and after I took some of the seal's energy, I've been able to use it to approximate where each of the sources are located, and by studying the seal itself I think I can figure out which demons are the ones actually supplying it

"For the most part, I believe the four demons are a Gashadokuro, an Ikuchi, an Onryo, and a Shinigami. And as for locations... Well, we're right here-" Ako continued, tapping a more South-Western part of the country, "From what I've been able to gather, since I've heard tales of sailors being harassed by something in the waters near the capital, the Ikuchi might be here-" a tap around the Western part of Nippon, just after she moved the prayer slip to the same location and watched the symbols on it glow faintly, "Then there's the Onryo, who I believe is around... Here, at the Sparrow Inn-" a tap near the center of Nippon and movement of the prayer slip, "I can explain that later, but as for the Shinigami and Gashadokuro, I don't know where either of them are specifically, but one is near Kamiki-" a tap near a Northen part of Nippon, "And one final one in-" she carried on, moving the prayer slip to what appeared to be a small island North of Nippon, only to pause when the slip didn't react to anything. This caused her to wave the slip around the area, before moving it back to the earlier places she mentioned, which still caused the slip to react, 

"Huh... That's... Weird... Um, well, the Moon Cave is right here..." Ako stumbled out, tapping a lake near Kamiki, before staring back at the slip and map, "I could've sworn something was in Kamui..."

"That may be the first direction we want to travel in, then." If she were more optimistic, she might hope that someone else had vanquished the demon while they planned, but more likely it meant that the monster had moved. "And quickly, at that, unless me move to Kamiki first to find Susano'o." The extra syllable slipped in involuntarily, but the goddess didn't seem to care enough to correct her mistake, if she noticed at all. "Shall you be staying here to ward the temple, shrine maiden of Amaterasu, or traveling with is?"

Ako

In quick response, Ako rolled up the map, the slip once again vanishing under her sleeve, “Well, my job is to take care of demons and the like in Nippon, so of course. I wouldn’t be fulfilling my role if I just stayed here” she stated, before pausing and adding, a bit embarrassed, “Though I need to get my traveling things prepared. You can wait outside, I’ll be back soon” she continued, before turning around and jogging to a hard to see door (thanks to the lighting), and moving to the back area of the shrine, leaving the rest of the group to stay inside or head out as they wished.

Outside the Shrine

For the most part, the outside of the Shrine was the same as when they had entered. A light breeze flowing through the land, the sense of protection still emanating from the charms placed around the area. However, something was off, and not because they had an idea of what was going on in the world, and how a dark force was preparing to plunge it into darkness again. There was an odd feeling in the air, one more closer, and more 'personal' because of it.

More accurately, it would be because there was the sound of a guitar being plucked just outside the gate. A single, dull note being played every few seconds with no change. For any that decided to venture out to investigate, they would find the source of the noise sitting atop the bell… And taking the form of what appeared to be a red-furred monkey, a deformed guitar in their hand and a slip of paper covering its face, complete with a strange marking on it.

But, as soon as the group saw the creature, it saw them, apparent by the fact that it faltered in its previously unceasing rhythm. However, it soon began to play the same note again… Only this time, the tempo was faster. And slowly becoming faster as time went on.

Not long after that, a chorus of flutes would join in with the dull tempo, the sources for those being quickly apparent by two pairs of green-furred monkeys with the same slips of paper on their faces, prancing about while playing their own deformed flutes. On the path that Tanabe had traveled on, one of the pairs was joined by another creature like the first, using its guitar as a sort of makeshift drum as they all joined in together, their sounds creating a cacophony that shattered the calm, before each member began to fully come together, creating what could barely be called a song.

Battle Theme

Spoiler

And then, the ground began to rumble as a path of dirt was flung into the sky along the opposite path, quicky passing the other group of creatures and circling towards the middle of the creatures. Then, a large, yellow and fat version of the monkeys spun its way out of the ground, carrying a large drum on its front, which it used to let out the final few notes, hollow bangs that resonated through the land.

Just like that, with the song over, each of the creatures shrieked at the group, putting their instruments on their back and hunching over as they approached, the one on top of the bell jumping down as the yellow creature spinning its drum so it was on it's back.

And, as if it was summoned, a large skeletal hand began to creep its way over the edge of the cliff nearby, grasping at the ground to find a hold.

Turn Order

Spoiler

Michael Mot: 21
Mitsurugi: 14
Spicy HG: 11
Green Imps: 10
Sorina: 6
Red Imps: 6
Yellow Imp: 2
Lexiel: 1
Kino: 0

Status

Spoiler

Lexiel: 90/90 Healthy
Spicy HG: 70/70 Healthy
Michael Mot: 85/85 Healthy, or not? I dunno 
Mitsurugi: 65/65 Healthy, Divine
Sorina: 72/72 Healthy
Kino: 90/90 Healthy, spooky
   Enma: 60/60 Healthy, even spookier, not yet summoned.

Green Imp 1: Healthy
Green Imp 2: Healthy
Green Imp 3: Healthy
Green Imp 4: Healthy

Red Imp 1: Healthy
Red Imp 2: Healthy

Yellow Imp: Healthy

Skeletal Hands: ???

"Well.  What are these things?"  Lexiel steps out of the shrine to investigate the noise, and stops short just to the side of the doorway.  "Quite a few of the little guys."  The angel raises her mana gauntlet, magical energy flowing through the arcane machines and lighting the Izzet, Boros, and Overwatch signets across her coat and armor from behind.  "Soul Warden, come forth!  Stand by me and try not to get stabbed by anything."  The summoned priest, clad in western-style, white travelling robes, stands in front of Lexiel, ready to block.

Soul Warden:  12/12 HP, deals 5 damage when attacking by whacking the enemy with its staff.  Body-blocks attacks made on whoever it is blocking for, and counters all attacks that damage it with its own attack, even if the damage kills it, even if it isn't currently blocking.  When the Soul Warden or another ally, foe, or summon enters the encounter, heal Lexiel, her allies, and her summons 5 HP apiece.  CURRENTLY BLOCKING FOR LEXIEL.

Spoiler

Lexiel's Perks:

Spoiler

Power of the Land:  Whenever Lexiel begins a round, she gains a mana bond, even if she is prevented from acting.  Lexiel’s actions all have a mana cost, and cannot be used unless she has at least that many mana bonds.  However, the more mana required to use them, the stronger they are, and some have effects that scale with the number of bonds she has.  Mana bonds are not retained between encounters.

Adept Summoner:  Lexiel can summon creatures using raw aether and stored patterns.  These creatures will have a basic attack, and the ability to body-block actions for allies.  When they are summoned, Lexiel orders them to attack target enemy or block for target ally, and they will do so until she changes her orders using the perk-backed action ‘master warcraft’ or they die.  Some creatures have extra abilities, which can be used without altering their orders.  Lexiel’s creatures can block for her.  Blocking creatures counterattack with their basic attack while taking damage.  Summons’ action effects are determined by Lexiel’s stats and mana bonds.  Lexiel’s summons can’t attack on the turn they are summoned; if given an attack order, they start attacking on her next turn.  Creature summons are spells.  Lexiel’s summons share her initiative.

Strike Captain:  Some of Lexiel’s summons are more than just aether and imagination.  They are unique.  They are heroes.  They are legends.  Legendary creatures are not easy to summon.  Each one has a Champion cost, which is the number of lesser creatures that must be sacrificed to call them.  And each one can only be summoned once per encounter.  However, legendary creatures have good stats, powerful abilities, and autonomy.  They can act as they choose or by Lexiel’s orders without relying on ‘master warcraft’.  Legendary creatures can have special ‘ultimate’ abilities, which can only be used if Lexiel sacrifices mana bonds to fuel them.  Once per plot, Lexiel can create a contract with a willing NPC to produce a legendary summon action without spending AP.  Contracting a legendary summon in this way requires a crafting token.

Spell Library:  Lexiel can keep any number of actions memorized at a time, irrespective of her action slots.  However, all her actions can only be levelled up through crafting tokens (3 per upgrade), and they all have cooldowns equal to their mana cost or champion cost, whichever they have (though spells with champion costs can only be cast once per encounter anyway).  Equipment is exempt from this perk’s effects and doesn’t need a mana cost; however, Lexiel only gets three action slots to put them in.

Unstable Balance (Flaw):  Lexiel’s nature is a delicate balance between darkness and light, order and chaos, past and future.  She’s also recovering from a long-term infection/infestation by Phyrexian oil, Reaper nanites, and an acute case of PTSD.  Corruptive attacks deal 50% more damage to her compromised defenses, and any status they inflict lasts 50% longer than usual.

Lexiel's Actions:

Spoiler

The Doomfist (Equipment):  The legendary left-handed gauntlet of the mighty Doomfist, said to be able to level skyscrapers with a single punch.

-Level 1:  A mighty punch to the face deals 1d6 + strength damage and banishes the target for 1 round.  Banished targets can neither affect nor be affected by anything but themselves.  4 round cooldown.

-Level 2 (AP):  The damage is increased to 2d6 + strength.

Overwatch-Issue Body Armor:  This tough, sky blue armor is light and bullet resistant.

-Level 1:  As long as Lexiel has more HP left than half her MHP, reduce damage received by 5%.

-Level 2:  The damage reduction while over the HP threshold is increased to 10%.

Recall Nobunaga (Champion 3, red, white, and blue):  Lexiel calls in an old friend from her adventures with the Trespassers squad, former Archer-class servant Oda Nobunaga, to annihilate supernatural threats with her potent attacks.  Contracted during the Fate plot.

Recall Feather (Champion 6, red and white):  Lexiel calls in her old friend and mentor, former Boros guildmistress Piera’kor vas Vinrenn D’rav, to show the enemy why they should have respected the law.

Decree of Justice (4 mana, white):  Lexiel summons a small army of barely-autonomous units inspired by Overwatch operators or Boros angels to the battlefield.  Summons X Soldier Tokens, or X/3 Angel Tokens.  X is the number of mana bonds Lexiel has.

Furyborn Zealot (3 mana, red):  Lexiel summons an incoherently furious Protoss zealot to assault her enemies.

-Level 2:  Increases Zealot damage die size to d6s.

Soul Warden (1 mana, white):  Lexiel summons a Boros cleric to help heal her allies.

Wall of Denial (3 mana, blue and white):  Lexiel creates a tough, warded wall to protect her allies.

Chronostutter (6 mana, blue):  Lexiel disrupts the flow of time around target enemy, afflicting them with the status condition Time Warp.  Time Warp lasts until cleansed, or the encounter ends, and it must be cleansed twice before it is removed.  The actions of Time Warped characters have a 1 round travel time between when they are used and when they take effect.

Render Silent (3 mana, blue and white):  Lexiel chooses target enemy.  Should that enemy use a magical action before her next turn, that action is countered and negated.  Then, that enemy is rendered unable to use magic until the end of their next turn.  This spell does not go on cooldown unless it counters an action.

Dragonshift (3 mana, blue and red):  Lexiel polymorphs target non-dragon ally or summon into a dragon for 1 round.  Dragons can fly, have MHP equal to Lexiel’s MHP, and get +Lexiel’s synergy to their damage dealt.  The dragon’s full MHP replaces the beneficiary’s current and maximum HP while this effect is active, but when it ends the beneficiary is returned to their former state.  Dragons retain access to all their non-gear actions, but cannot use gear while a dragon.  Lexiel can cast this spell for 7 mana to have it hit each eligible target.  This spell cannot self-target.  Affected allies look like they would if they had been born a dragon rather than whatever they currently are.

-Level 2:  The duration is increased to 2 rounds.

Lightning Helix (2 mana, red and white):  Lexiel fires a bizarre lightning bolt that deals [synergy] damage to target enemy and heals target ally for [synergy] HP.

-Level 2:  The damage and healing are increased to 1d4 + synergy.

Mana Potion:  This single use consumable will boost Lexiel's mana bond supply for 1 encounter.

Lexiel's Summons:

Spoiler

Oda Nobunaga, Champion of Progress

Legendary Creature – Human Avatar

MHP = Lexiel’s MHP

Basic Attack with saber and guns deals [level/2]d4 + intelligence damage.

Tenka Fubu – Innovation:  Nobunaga deals 3d4 bonus damage to enemies who can cast at least 3 spells, and 3d4 bonus damage to enemies with divine powers or heritage.  These bonuses can stack with each other.

Magic Resistance B:  Hostile supernatural actions used on Nobunaga get +1 rounds of casting time.

Three Thousand Worlds:  Nobunaga fires a volley of bullets that deal [intelligence] damage to a number of different enemy targets less than or equal to Lexiel’s [level/2].  The damage dealt after Tenka Fubu applies is doubled against enemies using a mount or vehicle.  Tenka Fubu applies separately to each enemy hit.  4 round cooldown.

Economic Incentives:  If Nobunaga was healed or buffed by somebody last round, she can use use Economic Incentives on one of her benefactors as a free action.  The target gets +intelligence to their damage and healing caused this round.

Demon King of the Sixth Heaven (Ultimate):  “Return to ash, relics of stagnation!  It cannot be helped!”  Nobunaga deploys her Reality Marble and bathes the battlefield in the purifying flames that purged Japan’s stagnant, superstitious past.  At the end of each of Nobunaga’s turns, she deals 1d4 + synergy damage to each enemy.  Tenka Fubu applies separately to each enemy hit.  This action costs 1 mana bond for each round it has been active, paid at the start of each of Lexiel’s turns.  It can only be used once per encounter.

Feather, Gateless Archangel

Legendary Creature – Angel Soldier

MHP = Lexiel’s MHP

Basic Attack with flaming mace deals [level/3]d6 + synergy damage.

Double Strike:  Feather can choose to take two actions in a turn, but one of them can only be a basic attack.

Haste:  Feather can attack during the turn she was summoned.

Search Warrant:  Feather reveals the names of all actions, perks, and gear possessed by target enemy.  Then, for each name revealed target ally is healed HP equal to Lexiel’s level.  The healing can self-target.

Restore the Peace:  Everyone, ally or enemy, who dealt damage this round is banished for 1 round.  Banished beings are cleansed of all temporary effects, and immune to anything that would affect things other than themselves and whatever they are carrying.  Cannot be cast during consecutive rounds.  Banished summons are instantly killed, as their existence is a temporary effect.

Right to Remain Silent:  Target enemy cannot use actions this round.  This does not prevent the use of gear.

Inspiring Glory:  All allies gain a +[level/3]d6 bonus to damage dealt for 1 round.  4 round cooldown.

Arrest (Ultimate):  “Come with me to the station.  We’ve got some questions for you.”  Feather detains target enemy, banishing them and herself for up to 3 rounds (unlike Lexiel’s other banish effects, this does not kill summons instantly).  This effect pauses all durations and cooldowns on the affected beings.  She can choose to end the banishment sooner if she wants to.  Upon returning, Feather reveals all possible details about the targeted enemy’s capabilities, current HP, resource meter values, buffs, status conditions, and debuffs.  Then, the targeted enemy is stunned for 1 round.  This ultimate costs 5 mana bonds to use.

Soldier Token:  Soldier tokens have 1 HP, and a basic attack that deals 1d6 + level damage.

Angel Token:  Angel tokens HP equal to 2x Lexiel’s constitution, and a basic attack that deals [level/3]d8 + synergy damage.  Their light armor reduces all damage received by 10%.

Protoss Zealot:  The zealot has HP equal to Lexiel’s constitution, and a basic attack that deals [mana bonds]d6 + synergy damage.  He is so angry that he is incapable of blocking, and if his current victim dies will assault the enemy closest to Lexiel in the initiative order on his next turn.

Soul Warden:  The soul warden has HP equal to Lexiel’s constitution and a basic attack that does damage equal to her level.  Whenever someone enters the encounter (a summon, reinforcements for either side, etc), the soul warden heals all allies and allied summons HP equal to Lexiel’s level.

Wall of Denial:  The wall has HP equal to ½ Lexiel’s MHP, and cannot attack.  It is completely impervious to damage and status, except from weapon-based attacks.  Natural weapons count as weapons.  It is made of pure magic, and thus cannot bleed or be poisoned.

Spicy HG followed Lexiel outside to find the source of the sound only to stand there watching the show before the fight.

"Show offs much?  But you don't look so tough."

She readied her glaive and flew into a burst of rapid movements.

Spicy HG uses Rush Technique on a Red Imp, dealing 5 damage 4d4+4 times and ignoring the first three points of DR.

Spoiler

Effects:

15% Physical damage resistance.

Fire damage immunity.

100% Cold damage weakness.

Stats:

Constitution: 8

Dexterity: 0

Intelligence: 0

Strength: 10

Synergy: 12

Equipment/Tricks:

Vorpal Glaive: An incredibly sharp blade of polished steel, engraved with the Jabberwocky poem, and mounted on a haft nearly six feet in length and made of Ash, sanded and stained.

Deals 2d10+[Str] damage, reduce user’s Init by 8-[Str].

Level 2 - Vorpal: Defensive effects cannot reduce damage dealt below 25%.

Trapezohedron: A shiny black bangle made of polygons and math.

+12% Physical(non-magic/energy) damage resistance, reduce Init by 8-[Str](minimum 0).

Level 2 - Fundamental Origins: +3%.

Level 3 - Move Memory: Increase user’s Init by 3.

Level 4 - Action Memory: Further increases user’s Init by 3.(15% DR, +6 Init)

Actions:

Defend: "Guard" use your weapon and movement skills to avoid 50% damage.

Rush Technique: Ravage your enemy with a flurry of blows.

Total: 4d4+4 attacks for [LVL] damage each, each attack ignores the first 3 points of damage reduction.

Level 1: Attack 1d4 times for [LVL] damage each.

Level 2: +1d4 attacks.

Level 3: Each attack now ignores 3 points of damage reduction.

Level 4: +1d4 attacks.

Level 5: +1 attack for each die rolled.

Level 6: +1d4 attacks.

Sealing Slash: Cloak your weapon in binding energy and attack an enemy.  Make a weapon attack against one enemy at 75% damage that disables all of their non-item actions for 2 turns, cooldown=2.

Coupling Attack(perk)(1lvl): Choose one ally, 50% chance to gain a lily rank with that ally(no more than one rank per ally per combat), then you both make a weapon or zero cooldown attacks against the same enemy and each add 1d4 damage to your attack for each lily rank you share, takes an extra turn to use, doesn't require a slot, cooldown=3.

Level 2: Removes charge turn.

.EX Megadaptor(2lvls): “I’ll make that brain of yours a little smarter, and that body a little stronger.” Increase [Stat of choice] of one target by your [Syn] for 3 turns, boosting the same stat multiple times doesn’t stack, cooldown=2.

Level 2: -1 Cooldown.

CPU Form: Now also causes the target to gain half as much flat DR.

.EXE Flame Bind(-1lvl): Cloak your weapon in captive flame boosting its effectiveness.  Add [Syn] fire damage to the next attack of four targets, yourself or allies, choosing the same target multiple times stacks this effect, cooldown=2.

CPU Form: Attacks buffed in this fashion cannot miss or be dodged, buff must be applied after transformation.

.EXE Conflagration(-2lvls): Raw power and fury flow through your veins boiling your blood and turning almost everything around you(even dust in the air) into a possible incendiary. Inflicts all enemies with a burn effect that deals 3d6+[Syn] damage each round for three rounds.

CPU Form: Damage becomes Holy/Fire and when enemies die they transfer their remaining DoT to another random enemy.

Transform!(-2lvls): After generating enough energy to kickstart a short cutscene her divine form Spicy HG transforms into the CPU Blood Heart, gaining all the benefits there in, this action doesn’t require a slot.