The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

1 hour ago, Hamster Haze said:

guess it's actually coming to an end now ;-;

Coming to an end... or coming to a new beginning?

After all, if Reborn has been in the back of your head for the last decade, I'm pretty sure it's gonna stick with you long after you finish it. ^_^

I was going to wondertrade some scraps from my IV breedings (in this moment ralts and cyndaquills with mosyly of their IVs maxed) but as soon as i entered to the online i got this message: 

Your version is outdated; please download the latest version.

6f6.jpg

Edited by KingInfernal
  • Upvote 1
  • Documented 1

Since community release is coming in a week or less, I'm gonna speedrun posting ALL the questions I hope to see answered in E19! 

Spoiler

1. Will Solaris ask Elias for help (and will Elias give it?) 

2. How well will the Labradorra raid go? 

3. What will happen to Terra? (Is the Tournament of B00ty real?) 

4. How well is Ace integrated into the story? 

5. Will Sirius attempt to usurp Lin, too? 

6. Will Laura regain her E4 position? 

7. Will an outright civil war break out between the Old World and New World factions of Team Meteor? 

8. Will Elias remain blind to the ramifications of his actions? 

9. Will Saphira and Heather find out what Sirius did to their families? 

10. Just what are Shade and Anna? 

11. Just WHAT is Lin??? 

12. Can we save our friends from the Void? 

13. How badly will Fern get his ass handed to him?

14. Was that Gossip Gardevoir that Lin was commanding?? 

15. How will we stop Pulse Mime/Clawitzer? 

16. Will we get to fight the Pulses we never  get to engage (Hypno, Camerupt)? 

17. What fate awaits Zero? 

18. Is there hope for Amaria? 

19. Will Taka get to patch things up with Luna? 

20. How will we rescue Aya? 

21. Can Shelly finish breaking out of her cocoon? 

22. Will Florinia find the courage to express herself again? 

23. Will Victoria end up roadblocking us again??? 

24. Will Noel let his resentment over being overlooked cloud his judgement? 

25. How else can Eve and Lumi help us to fight Meteor? 

Tl;dr: I am super hype

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Mei-o_Scarlett said:

so i asked and never got an answer

WHO is ACE

I'll do you one better.

WHY is Ace?

(And the answer to your question lies in the post about the early game changes by Amethyst, which you can find in the devblog,

tl;dr - a new character)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

6. Will Laura regain her E4 position?

I think this one was already confirmed (sort of) in the devblog post about how the gym leaders and elite 4 fared against AI trainers. 

It listed Laura's signature flower garden field as one of the Elite 4 terrains, so it's very likely that this is Laura's. 

Instead, I'm wondering whether we will fight Bennett or Elias. If Laura has her position back, that means Bennett no longer has his... but maybe, the staff kicked Elias because of his criminal behaviour and we instead get Bennett. (We are definitely fighting him at some point in his improved outfit). 

• Hmm 1

5 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

If Laura has her position back, that means Bennett no longer has his... but maybe, the staff kicked Elias because of his criminal behaviour and we instead get Bennett. (We are definitely fighting him at some point in his improved outfit). 

Smeargletail says here that El has an Elite 4 room, and I doubt we will fight someone else(Bennett) on a field that doesn't benefit them(I don't think the Dev's would bother making El's room unless it will be used for something), whilst the Flower Garden field boosts both Laura and Bennett so if there were to be complications as to who is an Elite 4 member, it'll likely be between those two.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Smeargletail says here that El has an Elite 4 room, and I doubt we will fight someone else(Bennett) on a field that doesn't benefit them(I don't think the Dev's would bother making El's room unless it will be used for something), whilst the Flower Garden field boosts both Laura and Bennett so if there were to be complications as to who is an Elite 4 member, it'll likely be between those two.

Oh! Thanks for clarifying! I had completely forgotten about Smeargletail's screenies. 

And I had no idea that Flower Garden field boosts Bennett as well. So the question is indeed still open :o

2 hours ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

I'm gonna speedrun posting ALL the questions I hope to see answered in E19! 

I'll give my answers - they might not be true, it's just a theory:

Spoiler

1. That really depends if Solaris is willing to put his friend into potential life-threatening danger, or will he just have Elias leave, to protect his daughter. But if Solaris asks, I'm certain Elias would help - after all, it was Solaris to hand him Emerald Brooch, which regained his eyesight completely (being born blind, that was a life-changing experience). So he would want to repay for giving him the chance. 

2. Raid on Labradorra will succeed: otherwise continuation of the plot would be impossible. But the question is... will there be any major casualties (because casualties WILL be considering Titania, Saphira and Sirius will be clashing).

I think that Sirius would reveal he was the one to burn Belrose Mansion and kill Caroline and Monthy, causing Saphira to go in rampage, which might have her fall into trap of sorts, but being saved by other who sacrificed themselves to save (either Charlotte or Laura; but the former being the most logical choice as Laura is confirmed to have an Elite Four battle) 

3. She, being a technical genius, had escaped her cyberworld and returned to Team Meteor. But... I feel like she will try to backstab Lin in the least expected moment (not literally, I hope) and cause her plan (not necessarily the big one, but smaller) to foil. Terra might then either die, or be spared by Lin, "in the name of their old friendship" or other bullshit. 

4. That's what everyone tries to figure. He's too mysterious and not much known to even think about conclusions. But I bet they know what they were doing, implementing him into the story. 

5. Absolutely. He will wait until the "right moment" to attack, just like in Reshiram Route after "Duel of the Fates". Sirius wouldn't defeat Solaris during his serious time, so what chances are he would survive Lin? 

I bet he will try, but if he does... I think he's gonna REALLY regret that instantly! Just how quick his demise would be...? 

6. If Bennett has the heart... she will (if she doesn't die in the scenario of Answer no. 2). It is confirmed she will but like-... the circumstances can differ. I actually have the scenario that, after everything ends, Elias will resignate from his position of Elite Four and give it to Bennett, being a man of word, and Laura will regain hers. But that means... Reborn Elite Four will consist of 2 teenagers, and 2 children... wow. 

7. There's a chance, yeah. Especially if Solaris dies (and almost certainly if he's killed by Lin, Sirius or other "New World" follower). That battle could break out even in Labradorra. 

Also... Imagine that protagonist is using their chance and relations to take over Old Team Meteor and have them assist in defeating Lin. Of course, I'm kidding. 

unless... 

8. I think he will realize, sometime, what he has done. Maybe if he sees Solaris or Luna in danger (or outright dead), he will open his eyes, and realize that his faith and determination has been used in wrong way. In all honesty, it's clever that the person decepited as "blind" isn't blind psyhically, but mentally. 

9. I bet. Right now (especially in Reshiram Route) Sirius feels invincible, and the possibility he will reveal all he has done to get ahold of the keys to the close relatives of his victims is sky high. Knowing him, he's going to even delight in moments of murdering and destroying entire families, right in front of them. 

That's gonna be massacre~

10. There's a theory Shade is actually Euphemia - that one League Representative marked out in Ame's booklist, and the other rather significant character (except Savage) who we seemingly haven't met. To support the theory, Shade's ace is Mimikyu - Pokemon known for hiding its true form under a disguise. Also, that Mimikyu (in V18) is female - and all aces of major characters (excluding genderless Pokemon {like Julia's Electrode}, Radomus' Gardevoir who is an independent character on her own, and Titania's Aegislash for... currently rather unknown reasons) have the same gender as their Trainer. So that's that. 

Anna (Fantasia) is said to be Radomus' child, which is most likely true (same hair color, eye color, enigmatism, speciality...), but how had she got ahold of her powers. I assume it has to do with either Nostra (Jirachi) and "her" powers of seeing the unseen with the third eye on the belly (so Anna might have "the eye of the soul"). Or just like Emerald Brooch (the Seal of Faith) has given Elias eyesight thanks to his faith, Amethyst Pendant (the Seal of the Beyond) could give Anna such abilities; seeing what is beyond the known. Just a dumb theory of mine, that is. 

11.  ...on this thread there's, like, and several pages of discussion about her. 

I suggest looking it up sometime, as I won't say a word more - cuz I'm lazy. 

12. I really hope so. But the question is that what seen in the Void is true... and what is not? If you mean Samson/Ciel, there must be a chance to do so - maybe not a certainity, but a choice to save them... or someone else. As much as I want the most possible happy ending... it's out of our sight, unfortunately... 

13.  :)

14. Everyone says "yes", and they have a ground - Lin's Gardevoir was completely silent, not saying a single word. That may be because we could recognize her if we heard her voice (even if that was classical Pokemon talk). Other than that, we couldn't recognize Gossip Gardevoir from other Gardevoirs as she doesn't have any distinguishing psyhical features (unless you're a freak that knows her exact height, length of arms, legs and dress, color of heart-like piece and body, and other characteristics)

Still, she is seemingly loyal to Radomus, despite him thinking of her as a friend at an absolute best. But that can be a facade. Or both are hiding behind a facade.

It sure is complex. 

15. We don't. 

I'm kidding. We'll defeat those PULSEs just like any other - maybe someone will team up with us to 2vs1 confrontation. 

Still... I somehow think that Sirius will be controlling Clawitzer, and Sigmund will control Mr. Mime, as we have faced them only once, despite knowing and meeting them for so many times. And since these two are parallels of sorts (you have to choose one, then the other is left, only to be fought later), it makes sense. 

Somehow, I think that the choice of facing either Clawitzer or Mr. Mime first will be more important than we think. 

16. What if... we don't have the chance? They're gone, and never to be seen again? 

That might be only mine way of thinking, but these PULSEs have no purpose as of right now, other than causing chaos and mischief, but we know what they can do, so it'd be stupid to try to install them again, right? 

Maybe we'll see them in Battle Facilities like Nightclub used by NPCs, but I doubt it. Arclight already has PTSD from Meteor-related things 

17. He currently feels rather depressed with Evelynn and Luminia gone. Also I bet all PULSE work is on his head because of doing it with Eve and Lumi as ZEL. He might try to break out, escape Meteors and try to reunite (not literally, this time... i hope) with "friends". But will they be willing to listen? 

I actually have a potential story for him in V19, to my fanfic... But it's even sadder:

Spoiler

With Eve and Lumi gone, Zero has to work his ass off on upgrading PULSE2, so it won't be causing strain on user after long use. It was seen during battle between Oscar (protag) and Solaris in Agate City, when the latter's Garchomp was slowly becoming paralyzed and weakened, the longer he had activated PULSE2. That rate was sped up in his Mega form, ultimately immobilzing Pokemon completely, making defeat it easy. Consider PULSE2 in that fanfic to work just like Program RH in Inazuma Eleven anime (Football Frontier International arc) 

Lin was aware of the fact that her Pokemon (excluding Arc-PULSE, who was still in developing and adjusting at the time) would NOT defeat Oscar's in their default state. Especially dangerous would be Sacronian Mega Tyranitar who managed to keep up with Solaris' Mega Garchomp, and who defeated every of Titania's Pokemon with one strike - even those who should be completely blocked (like Dragon Hammer breaking through King's Shield and OHKO'ing Aegislash, after it has fired Steel Beam on this Rock-Dragon form, being completely ineffective despite the receiver's x4 weakness to Steel on that field). 

It took a while, but Zero has implemented PULSE2 on every of her Pokemon (in the secret base Taka was talking about in the Tourmaline). When she was about to leave the laboratory, Zero has called her... and said everything what he was thinking and wanting to say, like: Lin being heartless freak, tyrant, with stupid plan and even more stupid methods and how he hasn't been seeing it up until now. He pissed her off good, and had her Hydreigon kill Zero, but as soon as it was about to rush, it was seemingly paralyzed; to the degree that it was basically writhing in pain. It turned out Zero had in her Pokemon also installed special module causing indescribable agony when activated. It was not to cause Lin regret her actions and feel remorse, but to "make her defenseless" 

Lin recalled Hydreigon and was about to send other... But Pokeball haven't opened - Zero have this room had a mechanism blocking all Pokeball mechanism, in case her (or someone else) had some Pokemon without previously mentioned module. 

Lin was taunting him that he also made himself defenseless, but he grinned, revealing his Umbreon was hidden, outside of the Pokeball. He was ready to make Lin pay for his actions, and "to avenge Eve and Lumi" 

Spoiler

During the raid on that last Meteor Base, led by Oscar, and consisting of Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Solaris' part of Team Meteor (including Agents and Commanders too), the "Cybernetical Group" (consists of those knowledgeable about technology and others, such as Florinia, Shelly, Evelynn and Luminia) was ordered to deactivated all mechanisms and traps that could hurt allied forces. 

They reached the laboratorium where the previous event happened. And the look was... terryfing. 

Zero... was dead - his body and face where covered in massive and deep claw scars; if he hadn't died because of it, he had most likely bleed out. The same happened to his Umbreon. 

Suprisingly, his face wasn't showing fear or other similar feeling... he was quite confident, in a positive way of saying: warm smile, and calm look with closed eyes. Lumi couldn't help but cry, and was apologizing to Zero's corpse that she has failed him, but Eve claimed that he had taken calculated risk, and his sacrifice won't go in vain. She ended up with saying to him "Thank you". Thus, they have ultimately forgiven him his actions toward them. 

Was that good enough? 

18. Ask Titania. As the others probably don't know about their "relationship", neither would they care. 

Amaria was quite... egocentrical, I'd say, but I can understand it - for her, Titania was the only one who actually was important, as the others, in the past, either didn't care, were neglecting her, or even bullying. I, too, had no one to whom I could talk about my problems except random psychologists; and I still a bit egostical, when it comes to emotional moments. 

Also... Amaria might actually love her, to the point of insanity. So much so that the world without her wouldn't exist. Which forces Titania into dilemma - she does not love Amaria, but is her best friend and wishes absolutely no harm. But being pressed by Amaria and the shadow of guilt in case of her dying one way or another, she has no choice but to act as if she reciprocating the feelings. 

Which is, to her, very awkward, but as I said - Titania wouldn't forgive herself (nor anyone else) if Amaria kicked the bucket

19. In Reshiram Route, that's impossible (unless Luna also dies and both will reunite in Heaven) 

In Zekrom Route... that is debatable. Just the fact that Taka is the son of her "father's" best friend is already an argument against it. But I think Taka knows he has done something wrong and is willing to repair the damages. 

The question should be: "Is Luna willing to accept Taka's patching things up?" 

20. That's a good question. "How" 

I bet Sirius still has her under his control, and will use her as a either bait, or threaten to kill if we don't surrender. And I have two potential scenarios: Cain will jump from behind on Sirius, yanking his hair or tugging his clothes, freeing Aya and then running away, or... Aya's gonna kick him right into man's most sensitive place when Sirius isn't looking. 

Maybe there will be a third option, like running away when left alone, and having grunts chase her through entire Labradorra, creating a "Tom and Jerry-likeish" scene, or like in USUM, with Guzma blocking both of Team RR Grunts with his arms when they try to punch him. 

21. I hope so. It is high time for her to break out, show how much she is worthy, present herself as true Trainer... and go to Johto to kick her brother's ass for abandoning her. 

That would be a massive character development, and a final conclusion of her story. Also, I do hope she's willing to accept Cal again, and forgive that outburst. And find herself a better love interest... Blake? Seriously? Not only he's twice her age, but-... argh, nevermind.

22. Another one deserving an grande finale of character arc. She needs to know that emotions don't just hurt, but also - more often - help. In her case, lack of emotions is actually causing more damage to others than their presence. That is especially seen well on the case of fellow gratuades of her year (Julia, Amaria, Titania), but also her own brother, who feels seemingly left out. 

I imagine her seeing someone of the dearest in grave danger, causing her to wanting to analyze, but that fails, then she struggles, causing concern, then breaks down, screaming something like: "YOU WILL NOT HURT MY FRIENDS!" and leaps to save them, then embrace (or being embraced; both can work). 

Also, about her and Fern... I really hope that after it ends, she will kick his grass and teach him a lesson (just like in real life) 

23. If that happens... I will be literally fall off my chair and wheezing on the floor XD

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be angry, mad, or irritated... but disappointed. I know that we mean very much to her since Day 1, and since Kiki's and Ame's demises, we (and Cain) are the only ones that she seems to actually care and like. That is why we want to protect us from danger; she doesn't want to lose a dear friend. 

At first, I was annoyed by it, honestly. But during Devon Raid, it all became clear to me. You can't hate her for blocking us, as she does so to protect us. And the fact that she would still not believe that we could win, is another story. Be more positive, Vic. 

24. Noel (Painter) is one of those characters I deeply associate with... because I've been feeling the exact same as he does. Both him, and me, have Asperger Syndrome, causing him to have different perception of the world.

We can't recognize nor understand someone's feelings completely. We have troubles in accepting sudden and major changes. We are afraid of speaking face-to-face with others and being in larger groups, as that causes us to be a bit nervous and scared. We hate chaos and really loud, uncollective noises. We can be sarcasm-blind and speak rather emotionlessly. And most importantly... we are afraid of people: their opinions, their judgments, their overall characters, their everything that is connected to emotions and contacts. 

That puts us into rather difficult situation - we often isolate from others, so we won't get laughed at, but that kind of behavior causes others to gossip about us, otr even worse, so we isolate and close even more. Vicious circle. 

Specialists are saying that those with Asperger Syndrome tend to be more intelligent on average, and excel at in what are they specializing (with Noel being a great example - battling prodigy, after all). That, of course, is also including me. But that doesn't mean we are the same: Elon Musk, Wolfgang Amateus Mozart, Albert Einstein, Andy Warhol, and possibly Lionel Messi and Satoshi Tajiri... What do they have in common (except being males)? 

They are/were geniuses in what they do/did. Legends. And they have Asperger too (probably). It may not seem obvious at first, but it's mostly true. That doesn't mean every Asperger is destined to be legendary; there are some that might be a little, uh... not good. But most of them can find success in what they're specializing and are passionate about. 

I know, because I am. 

So I hope Noel will find himself too. By himself that would be impossible, but with the help of others; if he is willing to be helped... 

25. In Answer no. 17, in "Spoiler" section, I've written it. But I'll repeat it shortly in case you don't want spoilers of any capacity: 

Spoiler

They could hack into Meteor systems and disactivate some mechanisms to help actual fighters in clashes against Meteors. 

I know this is not much... But I'm writing it on breaks on the college, and I'm feeling lazy, so... sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

Not much? It's very substantial overall, man. ^_^

45 minutes ago, Dark Warrior said:

Feeling lazy!?! WHAT? 

To me, this ain't much. 

Curse of being a writer - that is especially visible during writing exams with upper limit of words

• Hmm 1

I can’t wait. I only discovered reborn last summer, and I have conflicting feelings about that. One one hand I would have loved to join this community earlier, on the other hand the wait would’ve been even longer. This game sucked me in and reignited my passion for Pokémon. We’re finally reaching the conclusion to this game, and I almost can’t believe it. Super Hyped, and can’t wait to play E19!

Edited by happygoyot
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, nguyengiangoc said:

Inverse monosteel = everyone and their grandma can hit you with super effective damage lmao

Not everyone--you resist Fire, Ground, and Fighting-types this time, and you're still neutral to Water and Electric! (copium) 

and then they hit you with coverage moves anyway

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

Not everyone--you resist Fire, Ground, and Fighting-types this time, and you're still neutral to Water and Electric!

Oh, wow~  

You resist 3 types, with other four being on equal footing. So what other 11 types will screw you up; that's just 11 types out of 18. Nuclear type got worse, so we're happy~

I really can't do sarcasm 

• Haha 1

I'm starting to feel nervous about the Elite 4 given the difficulty I've had with leaders in this game; is it a guarantee that it will be like main games where you need one team to make it through five trainers in a row with no switched? I never thought much about it until now but if that's the case I suspect I will struggle to even make it to post game 😂 

• Hmm 1

36 minutes ago, Hannelore said:

I'm starting to feel nervous about the Elite 4 given the difficulty I've had with leaders in this game; is it a guarantee that it will be like main games where you need one team to make it through five trainers in a row with no switched? I never thought much about it until now but if that's the case I suspect I will struggle to even make it to post game 😂 

I believe they did say it is one team for the whole Elite 4. However, there is technically no Champion and the battle with Lin is speculated to be within the Citae Arc-d'Astrae and not at the Pokemon League, so you'll likely be able to change teams before her. There has also been a new consumable item announced that acts as a portable PC, but it's not clear whether its availability is exclusive to the postgame. 

Better start EV training those Pokemon :D

Edited by Bananacake887
  • Upvote 4