The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

1 hour ago, TheRK9 said:

If Saphira gets kidnapped in the Chrysolia Arc then Laura has some dialouge about it. It is also hinted at by Sigmund recognising her. 

And she didn't seem like a good person back then either. Although Lin is still pretty mysterious, since she is supposed to be around the age of Anna and Noel, yet suddenly this adult appears and takes over Meteor. There are some theories as to why this is the case which I won't get into, but look it up if you want.

What I'm saying is the reason Anna can't see Lin's soul is because she doesn't have one, right?. Well, its probably Sigmund's fault. The frickin' Electavire Therapy?

2 hours ago, TheRK9 said:

If Saphira gets kidnapped in the Chrysolia Arc then Laura has some dialouge about it. It is also hinted at by Sigmund recognising her. 

And she didn't seem like a good person back then either. Although Lin is still pretty mysterious, since she is supposed to be around the age of Anna and Noel, yet suddenly this adult appears and takes over Meteor. There are some theories as to why this is the case which I won't get into, but look it up if you want.

Supposedly she aged rapidly due to the weird time flow around the Arceus meteor. Adrienn even said xe saw a girl climbing out. How and why she got down there in the first place is a completely different story tho

• Hmm 1

2 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Saying and analyzing all of the characters, I've noticed someone. All but one character have some redeeming qualities; because of the painful past, harsh presence, bad company, being thankful for life to someone... 

As of V18, the only... THE ONLY... character that doesn't have any of these, is Sirius. 

This dude is a murderer, terrorist, arsonist, sadist, thief, and Arceus know what else. Not only he's having perhaps the worse crime track of all characters individually, he also has NO redeeming qualities. NONE! 

All of the other characters, who do bad and immoral things, have at least one solid reason or theory why they do that. Sirius has none, to my knowledge. 

He is human, feeling different emotions ranging from calm and static, to angry and irritated, to outright terrified. But yet, we have no clue why have he done all of this, and even more. 

I hope V19 will show the reason, if there's any. 

If none... I can see different scenarios. 

Not exactly a redeeming quality, but he did cover for us at the Tanzan Meteor base. Even if it was because Lin would kill all of them + us, she probably would have killed Sirius once we left as she would be curious as to where the "new, helpful recruit" went(though she did see through the lie and seemingly didn't care), so you could argue that he did it out of respect for us dealing with Abra, or just didn't think it through

8 hours ago, Kenneth said:

I really wonder at what point in the story, we can access the Penthouse from the big mart. Lots of items in there i want to grab. Like the max happiness one.

I would imagine that the last sticker quest is in Labradorra, probably something to do with cleaning up the city after Team Meteor

11 hours ago, Oscarus said:

But I still want her organs and bones. 

Jeez man, wait in line smh

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Not exactly a redeeming quality, but he did cover for us at the Tanzan Meteor base.

He did that only to save his ass. Even so, Lin DID know that the "new recruit" is responsible for all the recent failures, asking us directly whether we know something about giant Steelix or not. 

The only reason she didn't decide to kill any of us was because ZEL and Sirius were a great asset to her, and we were so pathetically weak as of right then, it didn't matter if we were alive or not. 

9 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Jeez man, wait in line smh

You too...? So... 

What about 50/50?

5 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

He did that only to save his ass. Even so, Lin DID know that the "new recruit" is responsible for all the recent failures, asking us directly whether we know something about giant Steelix or not. 

The only reason she didn't decide to kill any of us was because ZEL and Sirius were a great asset to her, and we were so pathetically weak as of right then, it didn't matter if we were alive or not. 

And I totally agree with that, but Sirius didn't know that Lin knew nor did he know that Lin was and still wanted to use him, so in that moment I believe he did it for both of us, but probably more-so for us as he would have known that we were at a greater risk of death.

Also I know there was a discussion months(?) ago about liking evil characters, but is it bad for one to like Sirius seeing how he is arguably the most evil character in the game without any/many redeeming qualities? Asking for a friend...

15 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

You too...? So... 

What about 50/50?

11 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

*Cuts in front

Ugh, competition 🙄

10 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

is it bad for one to like Sirius seeing how he is arguably the most evil character in the game without any/many redeeming qualities?

He's the Reborn equivalent of Ghetsis so... No, that one friend can like him - that freak without a human heart. 

28 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

If you say so, then, in Reshiram Route case, why didn't Lin kill Solaris after what happened to Taka as Lin send him to death by Titania? You knew that Taka was son of Solaris.

8 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

If you say so, then, in Reshiram Route case, why didn't Lin kill Solaris after what happened to Taka as Lin send him to death by Titania?

It's simple - because Lin thought Solaris could be used as a puppet, to make all his followers in Team Meteor follow her. 

When she rose to the rank of a Leader, Team Meteor was slowly splitting into two - those who follow Lin, and those who are loyal to Solaris. As the time was flowing, the former was getting more and more popularity... mostly because of populist banners and inflicting fear, which apparently is more effective on simple minds rather than charisma and bonds. 

At the beginning in "fully-developed" Reshiram Route (allowing Taka to accompany through Tourmaline), Solaris most likely thinks that his son ran away being afraid of Lin, as he "deserted". In my opinion, that was a sigh of relief for Solaris, as he loves his son - being the only other one remaining of his familia, and as we know, he haven't quite dealt with his parents' demise - so if Lin wouldn't begin to hunt him, he would be save. 

But, thanks to the combined effort of protagonist's friendship, Lin's cunningness, Titania's bravado and recklessness, and awful luck, the worst happened. 

In Agate, after "Duel of the Fates", Sirius says what happened to Taka, causing Solaris to break down and run away, not wanting to accept that he, in fact, was alone. In fact, in V19... 

...I expect Solaris to die, one way or another, at least in the Reshiram Route. I don't want him to die, because I know how much has he suffered, and also the number of similarities (both in character and backstory) he shares with Oscar Pendragon (my OC)... But let's face the facts:

• Except Elias, there's no one to truly be with him just as a friend, not as a subordinate 
  • He, most likely, has no subordinates, as all are either dead, left or with Lin
  • He knows that his plans to "restore old Reborn" are now impossible to reach, and has no other plans for live. 

I have three potential scenarios of how Solaris would die:

• Lin comes from outta nowhere and has her Hydreigon slay her (former) ally
  • He commits suicide, with player watching (or maybe the our character will use their brain for a second and at least try to save him) 
  • Solaris... asks MC to kill him. 

The third option is, in my opinion, the most logical one in-lore, as I doubt a warrior as Solaris would simply choose the easy way out like that (but they say suicide is better than surrendering, which is fair), and also I question him wanting to get killed by those who turned lis life into nightmare. 

Having to die honorable death from the hands of the worthy rival... that is something both badass and very sad, but in a good way. And suits Solaris; in that way, he could "pass the torch" of saving Reborn to MC. Just like Armstrong did when Raiden killed him, claiming that despite his death, his goals and plans of fighting corrupt government figures and "saving the America" will find a worthy successor. 

Player doesn't necessarily need to go his way, but do what is needed to make his goals come true. I bet that before the moment, Solaris would understand that "his Reborn" is forever gone, and "new Reborn" with thrive. And that's what he could ask the player before his demise - to save Reborn (and the universe) from Lin. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm 1

4 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

It's simple - because Lin thought Solaris could be used as a puppet, to make all his followers in Team Meteor follow her. 

When she rose to the rank of a Leader, Team Meteor was slowly splitting into two - those who follow Lin, and those who are loyal to Solaris. As the time was flowing, the former was getting more and more popularity... mostly because of populist banners and inflicting fear, which apparently is more effective on simple minds rather than charisma and bonds. 

At the beginning in "fully-developed" Reshiram Route (allowing Taka to accompany through Tourmaline), Solaris most likely thinks that his son ran away being afraid of Lin, as he "deserted". In my opinion, that was a sigh of relief for Solaris, as he loves his son - being the only other one remaining of his familia, and as we know, he haven't quite dealt with his parents' demise - so if Lin wouldn't begin to hunt him, he would be save. 

But, thanks to the combined effort of protagonist's friendship, Lin's cunningness, Titania's bravado and recklessness, and awful luck, the worst happened. 

In Agate, after "Duel of the Fates", Sirius says what happened to Taka, causing Solaris to break down and run away, not wanting to accept that he, in fact, was alone. In fact, in V19... 

...I expect Solaris to die, one way or another, at least in the Reshiram Route. I don't want him to die, because I know how much has he suffered, and also the number of similarities (both in character and backstory) he shares with Oscar Pendragon (my OC)... But let's face the facts:

• Except Elias, there's no one to truly be with him just as a friend, not as a subordinate 
  • He, most likely, has no subordinates, as all are either dead, left or with Lin
  • He knows that his plans to "restore old Reborn" are now impossible to reach, and has no other plans for live. 

I have three potential scenarios of how Solaris would die:

• Lin comes from outta nowhere and has her Hydreigon slay her (former) ally
  • He commits suicide, with player watching (or maybe the our character will use their brain for a second and at least try to save him) 
  • Solaris... asks MC to kill him. 

The third option is, in my opinion, the most logical one in-lore, as I doubt a warrior as Solaris would simply choose the easy way out like that (but they say suicide is better than surrendering, which is fair), and also I question him wanting to get killed by those who turned lis life into nightmare. 

Having to die honorable death from the hands of the worthy rival... that is something both badass and very sad, but in a good way. And suits Solaris; in that way, he could "pass the torch" of saving Reborn to MC. Just like Armstrong did when Raiden killed him, claiming that despite his death, his goals and plans of fighting corrupt government figures and "saving the America" will find a worthy successor. 

Player doesn't necessarily need to go his way, but do what is needed to make his goals come true. I bet that before the moment, Solaris would understand that "his Reborn" is forever gone, and "new Reborn" with thrive. And that's what he could ask the player before his demise - to save Reborn (and the universe) from Lin. 

I hope very much that you're right. And no wonder why Sirius hates Solaris' guts for me.

22 minutes ago, SolareSupremo said:

And no wonder why Sirius hates Solaris' guts for me.

Sirius couldn't do much to Solaris anyways. 

If he knew he was stronger, he would take over Team Meteor even before Lin did so, or degradate Solaris and become Lin's right hand. 

But he didn't. Because he knows he is no match for Solaris when he's serious. So Sirius waited for the right moment to attack - that reveal of Taka's demise was a low blow, but that's how heels work. 

Edited by Oscarus

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

Sirius couldn't do much to Solaris anyways. 

If he knew he was stronger, he would take over Team Meteor even before Lin did so, or degradate Solaris and become Lin's right hand. 

But he didn't. Because he knows he is no match for Solaris when he's serious. So Sirius waited for the right moment to attack - that reveal of Taka's demise was a low blow, but that's how heels work. 

I've gotta agree with this; Sirius is cunning and knows when to act like in Agate city in the Reshiram route, or at the CCC where he strikes after the battle when our Pokemon are weakened(although he only appears some time later), and waits until Eclipse starts giving us classified information about Lin. This is likely due to, as you say him knowing he can't win 1v1, so he uses Aster&Eclipse and us to do the dirty work so that he can deal the final blow.

He has been described many times as having a 'history is written by the winners' mentality, hinting at that he wants to ultimately lead Team Meteor for his own goals. Once he learns that the gemstones that Radomus gave to him to turn into jewelry were keys to something so powerful, he joins Team Meteor to try and reclaim them as he now shares a common goal, and tells Solaris about the jewelry(as hinted in his Agate city dialogue(Reshiram)). With his Emerald brooch that he gives Solaris(who gave it to El), he seeks out the Ruby ring and Sapphire bracelets, succeeding in getting one key. Having seemingly proven his loyalty through commitment and retrieving two keys, he rises through the ranks which allows him to become more powerful. Using his power, he recruits Sigmund and the orderlies(which he says their contracts are with him, not necessarily Team Meteor) and seeks out the Amethyst pendant and the lost Ruby ring. Sirius cleverly uses the Meteor grunts at Belrose mansion as their contracts aren't with him but rather Solaris, so when Saphira slaughters those several grunts she is really strengthening Sirius and weakening Solaris. In the final few episodes, Team Meteor consists highly of orderlies, and has much less grunts showing that Sirius has a much bigger influence in Team Meteor than he did at the start of the game. 

Why do I bring this all of this up? Well, his actions seem to suggest that he is self-centered and that he wants to be on top, so I propose a theory; Sirius is using Team Meteor for his own goals and he plans on betraying them as well as Lin. He know he can't do it alone, so he uses others to get his way and push himself higher. This is shown as discussed in Agate city, where he uses us to beat Solaris. Solaris' only advantage over Sirius was strength, so now that Sirius has a fully healed team whilst Solaris has the opposite, Sirius can freely lampoon Solaris and humiliate him to the point of resignation, or as you suggested suicide/death. This would place him 2nd in charge in the team which would only give him Lin to worry about. He could plan on using us much like Lin is, and wait for us to beat Lin before he strikes at our weakened selves(which could explain why he spared us at Tanzan, though he did try to kill us at the CCC(perhaps it was an act to again prove his loyalty in front of the other grunts)). 

"I didn't know, He tricked me", "I have to fix it. I'll get them all back. History was in my hands, and then my skull. It is written by the winner, so I must take up the pen. Nose to the grindstone, eye to the needle. The sword follows only after"

His diary entry from before he joined Team Meteor has several idioms in it, one of which predicts Corey's assault so could his mention of the sword be foreshadowing his death? After all the Dev's have hinted at Lin being the final battle in the main story, so Sirius' plans probably get thwarted as I doubt he will be the final boss(though a very small part of me is open to the idea; it would definitely be unexpected to a large majority of players). Sirius is a major, reoccurring character but despite this we only battle him once, while we battle other important people like Solaris multiple times so this too could suggest he has a much bigger role coming up(which has been hinted at in a Dev Blog post, though I think it is PULSE related, maybe he wields PULSE Clawitzer?).

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Oscarus said:

He's the Reborn equivalent of Ghetsis so... No, that one friend can like him - that freak without a human heart. 

While it is true that Sirius is a lil evil you gotta remember who sent him down this path of total destruction. That being the true villain of Reborn so far. Good ol Rado. It is was said during glass that Radomus has a jeweller embroid the 4 keys to into jewels. He also said, iirc, that this "jeweller" was betrayed by Rado and then sought to get the extract revenge. Obviously none of this justifies all of the horrible stuff that this "jeweller" as done, but like don’t let Rado get away with starting all of these problems just because he wanted a castle for his crush.

9 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

Sirius is a major, reoccurring character but despite this we only battle him once, while we battle other important people like Solaris multiple times so this too could suggest he has a much bigger role coming up(which has been hinted at in a Dev Blog post, though I think it is PULSE related, maybe he wields PULSE Clawitzer?).

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how we take it down. the ai tournament post said the Pulse Clawitzer fight was one of the hardest battles in singles, so I assume there's a full team backing it up. He's also the meteor admin we've battled the least (aside from Lin) so we haven't gotten to see his team develop like the others. There are technically two different fights with him, but they can't be accessed on the same route and the only difference in his team is the levels

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Oscarus said:

While I like your insight into the character, I hope the player never has to mercy-kill a hopeless/depressed person because it sends the wrong message in my opinion. 

You talk about warrior's pride and values, but up until now, Reborn hasn't really set up the tone for that. 

• Corey's suicide wasn't portrayed as a solution to suffering: it was made very clear that Corey made this decision under the influence of depression; that in doing so, he robbed Heather of an adolescence with her father (and indirectly caused her trauma with Connal); and that his death caused more suffering as a result. 
  • With Kiki, it's one step farther. Her death is not portrayed as a warrior's death, protecting people in combat and "making the best of her illness" - it's portrayed as a senseless and tragic loss that hurts everyone. 
  • Even the "brave Meteor warriors" at the lake or in the Water Treatment Centre aren't treated as brave or having died a warrior's death. They are instead humanised: you can find their name tags in a diving section, learn more about them and get to know that some of them treated Amaria's wounds before Titania killed them. 

I get that Reborn has its grey morality sometimes, for example when Torkoal is made to torture the Meteor grunt, but as of right now, the message is always: killing is wrong and suicide isn't a solution. 

If the game really gave the player the option to kill Solaris after all he has done, I believe this needs to be set up very specifically so as not to break tone and create moral dissonance. A mercy kill to spare prolonged physical pain in a trapped situation would be all right in my opinion, or simply the choice not to intervene in his attempted death, but anything else...? I hope not. 

(That excludes, of course, juicy ethical dilemmas I have not thought of right now.) 

I, too, think that morality is very much a matter of context and that certain acts can be excused under the correct circumstances, but if games explore these choices and the morality behind them, they need to do it thoughtfully. 

I, too, think that Solaris may not live to the end. But if he dies, I'd like it to be not as a mercy kill. 

• Even if the trope is done to death and a cheap way of redemption, he could risk his death in order to help the main characters, the people of Labradorra, or similar. 
  • Similarly, he could appeal to Arceus to give his life to Taka so that he may live. (Man, keep your fingers crossed!!!) 

But if he survives, I'd like to see him make amends. He's probably going to jail, but after the main characters showed him that violence isn't the way (aww, sorry, Mando...), he could spread his love of Reborn history and tradition through writing history books or creating an exhibition. Or he could work very hard with the construction people to rebuild the stuff he blew up (if there are buildings left to rebuild). 

Personally, I think it would be a waste to have him die at the end. It would be tragic in a Shakespearean way - his convictions have already lead to his downfall and the loss of what he held dearest - but it would also be the perfect moment to build his character from the ground up. Now that he has fully realised what his convictions have cost him, he can make better decisions now and do everything to save what is yet to save. And if Taka miraculously comes back from the dead (pleasepleaseplease!), then he can make amends with him and be a better person from now on. (Like, Taka's childhood is over and they're probably not going to be close, but still, I'd like them to have at least one conversation in which Solaris communicates how he failed his son). 

So... yeah. I hope something like that happens. 

Edited by Vulnona
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Vulnona said:

While I like your insight into the character, I hope the player never has to mercy-kill a hopeless/depressed person because it sends the wrong message in my opinion. 

You talk about warrior's pride and values, but up until now, Reborn hasn't really set up the tone for that. 

• Corey's suicide wasn't portrayed as a solution to suffering: it was made very clear that Corey made this decision under the influence of depression; that in doing so, he robbed Heather of an adolescence with her father (and indirectly caused her trauma with Connal); and that his death caused more suffering as a result. 
  • With Kiki, it's one step farther. Her death is not portrayed as a warrior's death, protecting people in combat and "making the best of her illness" - it's portrayed as a senseless and tragic loss that hurts everyone. 
  • Even the "brave Meteor warriors" at the lake or in the Water Treatment Centre aren't treated as brave or having died a warrior's death. They are instead humanised: you can find their name tags in a diving section, learn more about them and get to know that some of them treated Amaria's wounds before Titania killed them. 

I get that Reborn has its grey morality sometimes, for example when Torkoal is made to torture the Meteor grunt, but as of right now, the message is always: killing is wrong and suicide isn't a solution. 

If the game really gave the player the option to kill Solaris after all he has done, I believe this needs to be set up very specifically so as not to break tone and create moral dissonance. A mercy kill to spare prolonged physical pain in a trapped situation would be all right in my opinion, or simply the choice not to intervene in his attempted death, but anything else...? I hope not. 

(That excludes, of course, juicy ethical dilemmas I have not thought of right now.) 

I, too, think that morality is very much a matter of context and that certain acts can be excused under the correct circumstances, but if games explore these choices and the morality behind them, they need to do it thoughtfully. 

I, too, think that Solaris may not live to the end. But if he dies, I'd like it to be not as a mercy kill. 

• Even if the trope is done to death and a cheap way of redemption, he could risk his death in order to help the main characters, the people of Labradorra, or similar. 
  • Similarly, he could appeal to Arceus to give his life to Taka so that he may live. (Man, keep your fingers crossed!!!) 

But if he survives, I'd like to see him make amends. He's probably going to jail, but after the main characters showed him that violence isn't the way (aww, sorry, Mando...), he could spread his love of Reborn history and tradition through writing history books or creating an exhibition. Or he could work very hard with the construction people to rebuild the stuff he blew up (if there are buildings left to rebuild). 

Personally, I think it would be a waste to have him die at the end. It would be tragic in a Shakespearean way - his convictions have already lead to his downfall and the loss of what he held dearest - but it would also be the perfect moment to build his character from the ground up. Now that he has fully realised what his convictions have cost him, he can make better decisions now and do everything to save what is yet to save. And if Taka miraculously comes back from the dead (pleasepleaseplease!), then he can make amends with him and be a better person from now on. (Like, Taka's childhood is over and they're probably not going to be close, but still, I'd like them to have at least one conversation in which Solaris communicates how he failed his son). 

So... yeah. I hope something like that happens. 

Wow. This is some deep psychological shit right 'ere.

Unfortunately, I must agree with you - there is none prime example of "honorable" death: only easy ways out, accidental kills and victims of being in the wrong place in the wrong time. 

I know this is made because - in real life - the heroic demises happen very rarely (definitely much less than in fiction), but I'd like to see one. Solaris might be the best one to do so - of all antagonists, he's the only one who isn't some sort of coward or slacker; having his troops always do something for him - he always works in-field; either seeking out keys (which inherently belonged to him and his family), or working on "repairing" Reborn by having citizens go. Also, he's literally one of the few higher-ranked Meteors (Agents and higher) that is respectful to protagonist... from the start:

• In our first meeting, he didn't kill us despite he could, decided to share some of the story of Reborn and even leaded us to kidnapped Victoria
  • On Pyrous Mountain, he decided to take us head-on. If he didn't have any intention to do so, he would order Taka (or Cal, in extreme situation) to deal with protag. But he didn't - he wanted to see our power. 
  • Just before he takes the matter into his own hands in Fiore Mansion, he either compliments us or declares us as 'still powerful' (depending on the outcome of the first battle) 
  • In Agate City, he just outright claims that he respects us and compliments the determination, power and courage. In Reshiram Route, he adds that younger version of himself would be jealous, showing that our growth and present power for him were more than impressive.

The other being Taka, who in spite of his general attitude, he inherited his father's sense of respect to the opponent, which isn't seen as well mainly because of "rather depressing or semi-nihilistic behavior". Others either mock us, disrespect or declare as "not a threat"; with some realizing the truth only after some time...or never. 

That scene with Solaris' death... It's just like Asgore's situation. He asks you to kill him, take his soul, and return home. Player can kill him, but might spare him, and by sparing him, Asgore starts to think that there's a chance for him, for his nation, for the ones he love. But regardless, even in Mercy route, he's killed; backstabbed, I'd dare to say. The same could happen - Solaris, when spared, could stand on his feet and face the reality; face the truth of this world, and want to assist us and the rest. But nope - Lin appears and game over for the last heir of Alcantara familia. 

The alternative route still exists, where Solaris is redempt, which might happen - as the Grand Champion, player can do basically everything in the region - but having Taka return... that'd be nice, to hug him once more and have reunite with the father. But that is too much of hopium. 

Oh... I've forgotten about Zekrom Route. Reshiram Route, also known as "Route of Truth", was showing tragedy, drastic changes in character or sudden shifts. Many did say that this route is worse because of ever-present darkness, but actually it shows characters' true colors:

• Taka's hidden fear of death and being forgotten
  • Titania not caring about anyone except those closest to her and being blind to her actions 
  • Amaria being actually selfish due to fear being left alone 
  • Sirius being deceitful to the bone; having no brakes or empathy 
  • Solaris not being ever-serious and cold; he truly cares about past, Reborn, his son... 
  • and others I've forgotten 

There are other examples, yes, but those aren't affected by Reshiram/Zekrom route split; but by the other important "choices", like: defeating Solaris at the volcano and handing over Ruby Ring voluntarily or not. 

Speaking of which, practically none of this happens in Zekrom Route; all is hidden beneath facade of ideals. This shows the "rather perfect" scenario, which is too surreal to truly happen. But I think, that if someone has to die in that scene, then it will be either Taka or Solaris, protecting each other. We know that their relationship is... hard - rebellious Taka and Solaris being more conservative (which is the same situation as over 25 years ago, with Solaris being the rebellious one and his parents upholding the legacy) - but unlike in Reshiram Route, the player in-game doesn't know that they actually care for each other in Zekrom Route; there, after Duel of the Fates, Solaris (with Sirius) chases Taka as he ran away, scolding him previously; as he wants to punish him. But those who know what happened in Reshiram Route, know that Solaris isn't chasing Taka, but Sirius, to ensure that this arsonist cyclops won't kill his only son. In Zekrom Route, Taka also doesn't tell us that he's actually worried about his father's mental health, which might've worsened after he ran away. 

To summary, while it'd be more logical for Solaris to die and maybe reunite with his family in the great beyond, I do want him to survive and live new life in New Reborn City; as you said, he could help rebuilding or writing stories about the legacy of old Reborn, or maybe he'll become teacher/instructor in Onyx Academy, teaching history, archeology or whatever he specializes in. And if Taka can be revived (for "free"), then PLEASE YES! He could've matured by that time and find his calling: maybe as his father's assistant or Flying Leader (Main or Reserve).

Plus... I might be canceled because of that but... I somehow wish Taka and Luna to be together. I know there's a high chance Solaris and Elias would object; especially Elias; but I want to believe the barriers would be broken and they would say "yes". And the idea isn't Farfetch'd - Taka and Luna know each other since... childhood, according to Taka, which makes sense. He, however, blames himself for her "delusions", and Luna wants to separate herself from her family(?), so that could be some obstacles. But if those disappeared... 

Being a friend to a heavy-shipper isn't healthy, apparently. But, yet... this might have its' future 

• Like 3

On 3/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, Oscarus said:

Plus... I might be canceled because of that but... I somehow wish Taka and Luna to be together.

Well, I think he has way more chemistry with the main character, so I'd like the option to have those two end up, but if that doesn't happen, Luna and Taka might make a good couple. Though... I don't know if Luna's escapist tendencies would really complement Taka's personality. One reason I ship him with the main character is that Taka matures throughout their desert adventures and becomes a stronger, happier, and more confident person for it. The determination of the main character rubs off on him and shows him something to strive towards. (He basically professes this goal word for word in the void.) This is why a Luna romance, for me, would be out of left field. Though it's really hard to say how these characters would gel because they haven't had a single interaction in the game so far, and the childhood friends to romance trope is... eh... I'm not a fan ^^"

Honestly, I think I'd prefer Luna to be ace. So far, we haven't had a single piece of asexual representation yet, and Luna would be a great character for that. Dreamy, occupied with all kinds of stuff life has to offer besides sexual attraction, and she seems positively disgusted at Bennett's advances. Her identifying as ace would add a second layer to that scene, and also to everyone mentioning how beautiful and alluring she is. 

But Luna and Taka would definitely look cute together :) 

Only like a month left until this thread becomes redundant :(

After E19 will have released, you bet there will be people hyping for Gen 8 & 9, Legends: Arceus forms, extra DLCs, fakemons, romancing options, a surprise E20 that leads to Rejuv... :D

... Or it could just become a "man, this game is still great 30 years later" thread ^^

Edited by Vulnona

50 minutes ago, Vulnona said:

Honestly, I think I'd prefer Luna to be ace. So far, we haven't had a single piece of asexual representation yet, and Luna would be a great character for that. Dreamy, occupied with all kinds of stuff life has to offer besides sexual attraction, and she seems positively disgusted at Bennett's advances. Her identifying as ace would add a second layer to that scene, and also to everyone mentioning how beautiful and alluring she is. 

Let's make her aromantic while we're at it, to add more representation. ^_^

Who needs romance when you can dream in darkness without fear? 

• Upvote 1