The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

26 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Just be prepared for Ame to hate you if you use sand. 

Ame be like:

main-qimg-5971b5a0563e8c33eaaab72742d2ba

Sorry, but i had to do it.

And also, now that i think of it, you can find Aevium Budew in the desert, and it's a ground type...

Edited by KingInfernal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

Good 'ol TTar.

True. 

Funny to me that fandom adores that lizard, yet GameFreak is more of a... meh. 

Like-... Every other Pseudolegend has a significant place in the Champions' teams, or ace of other very prominent Trainers:

- Dragonite is Lance's ace

- Metagross is Steven's ace

- Salamence is Drake's and Zinnia's ace (and used by Lance) 

- Garchomp is Cynthia's ace (and used by Lance and Volo) 

- Hydreigon is Ghetsis' ace and Iris' lead (and used by Lance in PWT) 

- Goodra is Diantha's prominent Pokemon 

- Kommo-o is Mustard's prominent Pokemon 

- Dragapult is Leon's prominent Pokemon 

But Tyranitar? The only important Trainer that uses it is Blue, and only on specific occasions: in FRLG rematches and in Battle Tree in USUM. And on the latter, there's a chance it won't be used at all! 

On the contrary, in fanmade games there's an unwritten pseudo-rule that says: "If you have a powerful Trainer, and you don't know what to give to it, slap on Tyranitar". It is associated with some villainous team leaders "with class", like Solaris, Reukra or Victor. But many Trainer who specialize in Rock and/or Dark use it if they may, like Luna, Adam or Vivian. 

Still, it's a shame Tyranitar didn't get as much of a spotlight in mainline games as it did in VGC or ROM hacks/fanmade games 

• Like 1
  • Documented 1

2 hours ago, Oscarus said:

True. 

Like-... Every other Pseudolegend has a significant place in the Champions' teams, or ace of other very prominent Trainers:

But Tyranitar? The only important Trainer that uses it is Blue, and only on specific occasions: in FRLG rematches and in Battle Tree in USUM. And on the latter, there's a chance it won't be used at all! 

On the contrary, in fanmade games there's an unwritten pseudo-rule that says: "If you have a powerful Trainer, and you don't know what to give to it, slap on Tyranitar". It is associated with some villainous team leaders "with class", like Solaris, Reukra or Victor. But many Trainer who specialize in Rock and/or Dark use it if they may, like Luna, Adam or Vivian. 

Still, it's a shame Tyranitar didn't get as much of a spotlight in mainline games as it did in VGC or ROM hacks/fanmade games 

If we include other media there's a lot more prominent trainers using psedo legends

- Iris has Dragonite in the anime. Alexandra has one in Rejuvenation, and it's probably Sapphira's ace

- Colress has Metagross in BW2's postgame (and he can mega evolve it in the Battle Tree). Radomus uses one during both battles in Reborn

- Heather has a Salamance, and its presumably her ace. Kanon also had one in Rejuvenation

- Wally gets a Garchomp in ORAS postgame. Its also Terra's ace in Reborn

- Melia, Damien, and Dr Isha all have Hydreigon in Rejuvenation. And of course its Lin's ace

- Zinnia and Raihan both use Goodra
- Cynthia has a Kommo-o in the anime and Masters
- Geara, Dr Isha, and protagonist Ana all use Dragapult in Rejuventaion (tho only on Intense mode)
As for Tyranitar, I can't name any other major trainers that use it, and Luna didn't even use hers in the Glass Gauntlet. Kinda seems like its getting the short end of the stick

Edited by Green Bean 501

Roark uses a Tyranitar in his Platinum rematch(and BDSP?), Blue has one in HGSS if you call him, Grimsley uses one in BW2 in his Challenge mode rematch, Gordie apparently has one in SWSH in a rematch and also how can you possibly forget about Veteran Vincent on Route 18 in BW2.

But yeah, no major trainer in their main battles.

6 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

But yeah, no major trainer in their main battles

Except the one I mentioned. For those you did, only Blue and Grimsley to some extent. 

18 minutes ago, Green Bean 501 said:

Kinda seems like its getting the short end of the stick

:{

Y-yeah... At least where it is used, Tyranitar dominates. Especially Victor's - the most nasty of all I've faced, excluding mine. 

12 hours ago, Oscarus said:

True. 

Heh. 

Figure out what that means.

22 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Heh. 

...? 

22 minutes ago, Dark Champion said:

Figure out what that means.

...it is difficult - I'm sarcasm-blind

At least I'm original, having strong and "underused" ace from canon. 

Just now, Oscarus said:

...? 

...it is difficult - I'm sarcasm-blind

At least I'm original, having strong and "underused" ace from canon. 

Not sarcasm. I'm making a fan made game remember? Well, Tyranitar...

Whats your ace?

1 hour ago, Dark Champion said:

But you said something about your ace...What is it?

Sacronian Tyranitar (Rock/Steel ->(Mega)-> Rock/Dragon). Also, he is the only Pokemon owned by him/me in all "reincarnations" ("game", "anime", "manga", "Reborn/Rejuvenation"). 

He also has a substitute ace, which differs between media:

• in games and manga, it's Hydreigon
  • in anime, either Sacronian Metagross or Dragonaiad (AKA what evolution of Dragonair should look like) 
  • in Reborn, it's shared between Hydreigon and (shiny) Aegislash
  • in Rejuvenation... (don't expand if you want to avoid spoilers) 
    Spoiler

It is Reshiram

It is complicated... But so is his personality; which differs wildly between reincarnations. With Reborn/Rejuvenation one being a mix of all three of them. 

25 minutes ago, Oscarus said:

Sacronian Tyranitar (Rock/Steel ->(Mega)-> Rock/Dragon). Also, he is the only Pokemon owned by him/me in all "reincarnations" ("game", "anime", "manga", "Reborn/Rejuvenation"). 

• in anime, either Sacronian Metagross or Dragonaiad (AKA what evolution of Dragonair should look like) 
      Hide contents

It is Reshiram

It is complicated... But so is his personality; which differs wildly between reincarnations. With Reborn/Rejuvenation one being a mix of all three of them. 

Cool. I made an NPC of myself too. I'm one of the 3 rivals, and my ace is my favorite Ice Type Pokemon:

Spoiler

Abomasnow

Surprised its not Hydreigon?

My OC came from the region of Cronocolia

Spoiler

Provvisory name. Eng Chronocholy, Latin Chronochorya, from Greek Khronokhora, space-time, in connection with Dialga and Palkia in ancient time, but during the Pokemon Rome they were forgotten and their pantheon was replaced by Arceus and the two protectors minor spirits of Fire and Ice. It's inspired to Italy. (I should write about this story or directly make it a game, but for the first i'm too lazy and my writng qualities are not the best, for the second i don't have enough time and i'm not a coding expert. I also have in mind a region inspired to the Nevada, but this is another discourse.)

My Ace is a Volcarona named SchanaWana, imported in Chronocholy from the PokeAmerica.

In my lore Volcarona is native to the Teknite, mountain range that start in Reborn and end in Carnelia(provvisory name for my region inspired to the Nevada and central California, i take the name from the Carnelia region in Reborn, taking for granted that the mountain range is also named Carnelia, so that can coincide with the Nevada range.) As you've already understand, the region borders with both Reborn and Orre.

Edited by KingInfernal

8 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

This guy

...well yes...sorta... 

I won't lie, it's on me. 

I simply can't limit myself and I write too much. Which is weird considering that irl, I'm rather silent and laconic. My internet and real life persona are so different... 

It's not like I'm the only one. To what I've read, some Leaders of POL also are different from their Reborn counterparts. If I remember correctly, Amethyst has even made a list - from what I've remember, excluding cases where Reborn characters are "limited" because of game mechanics, that include Blake (who apparently wasn't as much of an asshole as in game) or Lin (who is an enigma, one way or another). 

And, dear Arceus, I wish I knew about the Pokemon Online League when it existed because participanting in there - either as a challenger of a League Representative - sounds like fun! I doubt I would have "good" win ratio; I'm not the best competitive player around; but at least having to "meet" Leaders and clash with them, having to see new strategies... that could bring some joy to my life. 

6 hours ago, Oscarus said:

Reveal hidden contents

It is Reshiram

3 hours ago, Dark Champion said:

My ace in every game with Hydreigon was, of course, Hydreigon.

My ace Pokemon is currently Cinderace. But if Cinderace is absent, I choose Blaziken as my ace Pokemon.