The Last, Only, and Very Final X% Hype Thread

Amethyst

1 hour ago, KingInfernal said:

It's not just the name. The zone underwater where Lin create a strange obelisk is literally the same as the zone where you purify the shadow pokemons, and the strange obelisk is the Relic Stone.

I'm not familiar with Colosseum and XD, but I believe Agate City follows a near-identical layout to Agate Village. I recall hearing that they are indeed the same place, and some mysterious force moved Agate to Reborn from Orre.

2 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

I'm not familiar with Colosseum and XD, but I believe Agate City follows a near-identical layout to Agate Village. I recall hearing that they are indeed the same place, and some mysterious force moved Agate to Reborn from Orre.

Sounds a bit like Hoopa

9 hours ago, KingInfernal said:

The zone underwater where Lin create a strange obelisk is literally the same as the zone where you purify the shadow pokemons, and the strange obelisk is the Relic Stone.

...how have I not noticed that before? 

Maybe because it's been years since I've played Coliseum, and that was 3D, while Reborn is pixelated 2D game

Edited by Oscarus

9 hours ago, Bananacake887 said:

Is possibile that AgateCity is just AgateVillage moved to Reborn by a mysterious force, but i think the Agate in question is not from the same universe. Let me explain. If we take my timeline as true, Colosseum takes place 13/12 years before Reborn, while XD 8/7. If it's the same Agate from Colosseum it means that Agate City was built just around 7/6 years ago, wich is unlikely considering that in AgateCity there is an house that seems to belong to Sirius before he joined Team Meteor, and consequently before the death of Corey's wife, so more than 12 years ago.

Edited by KingInfernal
  • Like 1

Speaking of Lin... 

I was thinking about how difficult the fight against her could be. Mons over Lv. 100? Full team of PULSE 2? New World Field? Hellish enough already.

And then a horrifying phrase occurred to me:

Spoiler

"Meteor Leader Lin used Sacred Ash!" 

53 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

I was thinking about how difficult the fight against her could be. Mons over Lv. 100? Full team of PULSE 2? New World Field? Hellish enough already.

The latter two are basically confirmed. The first... I don't know if that lv 100+ will be just an aesthetic change, or actually benefit the user. If the latter is true, oh boyo, I'm all fired up! 

54 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

And then a horrifying phrase occurred to me:

Actually, reading that reminded me of one scene from Legends: Arceus 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20220309_131216.thumb.jpg.fd6ff9abc5176f67dcfcab9dfe8aefbd.jpg

That would be basically the same thing. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

Speaking of Lin... 

I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed that there wont be anything over Lv 100 until the postgame. I think the real challenge comes from the fact that she'll be using the Arc Pulse on her team, cause I don't think she would have a 100% win rate against the ai if she didnt

Yeah, Cass talked about level caps back in 2019. holy carp we've been waiting for E19 for four years

And she did say something along the lines of, "You won't even be able to go over the level cap until postgame."

Still. The devs could've changed their minds about that in the years since. 

And I was under the impression we'd go over 100 before the Elite 4, considering Hardy's highest level is 97. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yeshua_Kristos said:

And I was under the impression we'd go over 100 before the Elite 4, considering Hardy's highest level is 97. 

Yeah. Our level cap was on 90, and Hardy's entire team was above it! 

Too bad he was one of the least challenging Gym Leaders... Mainly due to overall slow team, Rock being full of weaknesses, and the team is not varied - one of the least varied of all of them; and he's the penultimate one! 4 pure Rock and 2 Rock-Flying... Lance, of all, had more varied team in typing 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kenneth said:

will we get passwords, for older player models? in the no-shampoo era of reborn? will we get older sprites (aya tongue, charlotter cigarette etc)?

If I remember correctly, the old models will be available in the sprites folder for you to switch out manually if you prefer the older version (yay, Lucia with Anko hair :3)

As for the censored sprites, they are still somewhere around the forum and on the character page - you can swap them out right now if you want to :) 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Green Bean 501 said:

I'm pretty sure the devs confirmed that there wont be anything over Lv 100 until the postgame. I think the real challenge comes from the fact that she'll be using the Arc Pulse on her team, cause I don't think she would have a 100% win rate against the ai if she didnt

I may have missed something, but this is from Cass' 2019 dev blog post about levels:

"while also making it so that further levelups aren't absolutely necessary to complete the main postgame content (and overleveling won't even be possible before you finish the League)."

I've interpreted this as that we won't be able to go past lvl 100 until the postgame, but the AI can. This would likely be because the final gym badge in other games removes all level restrictions, allowing for someone to overlevel as much as they want(though the restrictions only applied to traded pokemon). It's common knowledge at this point that we will be alllowed to go to level 100 after Saphira, and so it would be crippling for the Elite 4 and Lin if we can match them in level. For example, assuming Lin uses a Darkinium-Z Hydreigon, if I enter the battle with my own lvl 100 Hydreigon then I already have a speed-tie. If I put a scarf on my Hydreigon, then I can nuke her with a Draco.

+2 252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Hydreigon: 698-824 (179.8 - 212.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Yes, if she was above the level of my Hydreigon, then she'd still get destroyed due to the scarf, but it eliminates the speed-tie as I could have given my own Hydreigon a better item to take care of her other pokemon and relied on soft-resetting to win the speed-tie. 

Again, I could be wrong or am missing something but I believe that the AI will breach the lvl 100 level cap in order to maintain a higher difficulty.

• Hmm 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, TA31 said:

There are censored sprites?

Those who seemed... inappropriate. Mainly VS Sprites, like Charlotte holding cigarette between the fingers. Yeah, he was hinted to be smoking... But she's 14, and the game is 13+ - that sprite could unintentionally spread smoking among minors. And nobody wants that 

1 hour ago, Bananacake887 said:

For example, assuming Lin uses a Darkinium-Z Hydreigon, if I enter the battle with my own lvl 100 Hydreigon then I already have a speed-tie. If I put a scarf on my Hydreigon, then I can nuke her with a Draco.

+2 252 SpA Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Hydreigon: 698-824 (179.8 - 212.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Screenshot_20220309_212906.thumb.jpg.38e53253852d5aefb62abad5bd099cd2.jpg

Theorically yes. It's near impossible to outspeed Choice-scarfer with near maximum Speed, using a Pokemon with almost the same level and Base Speed. 

Choice Scarf boosts Speed by 50%, so by one stage (but the boost cannot be as easily "erased" as in the case of stage changes). But the only way to quickly increase Hydreigon's Speed is Magical Seed... which causes the recharge - making Hydreigon vulnerable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oscarus said:

Screenshot_20220309_212906.thumb.jpg.38e53253852d5aefb62abad5bd099cd2.jpg

Theorically yes. It's near impossible to outspeed Choice-scarfer with near maximum Speed, using a Pokemon with almost the same level and Base Speed. 

Choice Scarf boosts Speed by 50%, so by one stage (but the boost cannot be as easily "erased" as in the case of stage changes). But the only way to quickly increase Hydreigon's Speed is Magical Seed... which causes the recharge - making Hydreigon vulnerable. 

The downside to using a Choice Scarf is that Lin will get a somewhat free switch-in to something that resists Dragon once Hydreigon goes down, plus the -2 SpA (although the x2 boost will negate this). I like the idea of a magical seed, but as you say this leaves Hydreigon vulnerable, so I think it being able to bypass lvl 100 will be the best course of action. I can only think of Noivern that will be able to outspeed and one-shot a lvl 100< Hydreigon on the New World field without a Choice Scarf or Air Balloon, which will add the much needed challenge to the battle. If Hydreigon was capped at lvl 100, then the likes of Flygon and Salamence come into the mix, as well as the previously mentioned speed-tying Hydreigon; a lot more options. 

Though Noivern can crush Hydreigon, it is practically a sitting duck if Lin has a Fairy type or Metagross(Heat Wave does less than half if Timid, even less if Metagross has Magical seed) so it wouldn't be super OP, especially if the new AI can predict a Draco Meteor.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Bananacake887 said:

The downside to using a Choice Scarf is that Lin will get a somewhat free switch-in to something that resists Dragon once Hydreigon goes down, plus the -2 SpA (although the x2 boost will negate this). I like the idea of a magical seed, but as you say this leaves Hydreigon vulnerable, so I think it being able to bypass lvl 100 will be the best course of action. I can only think of Noivern that will be able to outspeed and one-shot a lvl 100< Hydreigon on the New World field without a Choice Scarf or Air Balloon, which will add the much needed challenge to the battle. If Hydreigon was capped at lvl 100, then the likes of Flygon and Salamence come into the mix, as well as the previously mentioned speed-tying Hydreigon; a lot more options. 

Though Noivern can crush Hydreigon, it is practically a sitting duck if Lin has a Fairy type or Metagross(Heat Wave does less than half if Timid, even less if Metagross has Magical seed) so it wouldn't be super OP, especially if the new AI can predict a Draco Meteor.

She has Gardevoir so I wouldn't be surprised to see her use it. Moonblast gets a 2x buff on the New World and the magical seed works well with Stored Power

Regardless of what team and sets will she use, one is certain. 

That battle may be the hardest in the entire plot, and WILL affect not only Reborn, but the entire world. 

As Raiden from Mortal Kombat once said:

The fate of billions will depend upon you, hehehe. ... 

Sorry. 

Edited by Oscarus

Hell yeah, I'm ready to face the fight. ^_^

Once the public release is out, I'll play this game with hardcore nuzlocke rules (set mode, no items). Because I'm a crazy person. XD

(Why during public release and not community release? Firstly, I'd like to be able to go in NOT completely blind. I'll look up what nasty traps other people have run into, see how movesets and trainer lineups have been updated, and plan accordingly.

Secondly, I'd rather not lose an attempt to bugs. XD) 

30 minutes ago, andracass said:

CItV2-QWIAEh46I.jpg

"Cass, optimization is not good!" 

"Aw come on. You're just being shy! I won't let anything happen to you--" 

*rapid coughing*

*glances around area desperately*

"WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS?!" 

(an actual convo that happened during development) 

(source: trust me bro) 

• Hmm 1

Maybe let's get back on the track. 

The most intriguing thing about V19 is that new character... Ace. 

He's a Meteor Agent, but somehow I think that's his real name; as all codenames in Team Meteor (and Team Meteor Redux in my future Rejuvenation fanfic... Expect one, but that's because of a particular reason; and the person behind the name) are connected to/referencing space, heavenly bodies, or events that happen there and between them. 

He is described as both tricky, intelligent, cunning but also jovial, goofy and rather likeable. Also, one of the devs was saying that this guy

"despite being introduced that late, is like he was with us almost the entire time"

... or something like that. 

Now, I wonder... What if that Ace is actually one of the already introduced characters?

It's not stupid, if we think about it. First of all, there are a few groups of characters in Rejuvenation which are said to be separate, but are actually (sorta) the same: like Anju and Angie or Melia, Melanie and Marinette. Of course, there are "special conditions" met, but that doesn't disqualify them. Ace could be like that - either an alter-ego, or alternative personality... or main personality. 

But... who would've that be, if that was the case...? I have two opinions, and both are stupid. But possible:

• the first is Alistasia; Ringmaster of Agate Circus. I know what you're gonna say: "But Ali's a female, and Ace's a dude". Welp, that isn't a problem - from male to female, or the other way around, wouldn't be out of place in Reborn, considering that we have-... you know... i'd say it but i'm forbidden here from using the specific terms, so~... Okay, I know - in Reborn we have characters like Cain and Amaria, so that situation is possible. 
    • Plus, we know next to nothing about her - other than the Circus belonged to her father before his demise (might be a lie, might be not), and that she likes money, Agate Ace Triumvirate and people (with money). Not only that, she wears an top hat, just like Ace (at least.... I think he has one). 
    • As I said, if that is the case, I do not know who is the real - Alistalia or Ace, or maybe both (split personality) - but that would have been one hell of a plot twist 
  • Speaking of plot twists, the second potential would be everyone's favorite chess player, Radomus. Ace was introduced as someone who can predict (almost) any strategy, and adjust to them. Well guess what, that's how Radomus fights! In lore, at the very least... 
    • In addition to that, both have similar (to me) body builts, are males, and wear top hats. Still, who's who in that scenario is even more confusing and hard to decipher, knowing how Radomus loves to complicate everything even further. However, regardless, this would be interesting too; to see what will happen. 

Of course, there's option Ace is a completely distinct character, that happened to stalk us the entire journey and is interested in us. I just hope he, in that case, won't become a second Hisoka.

I know we've gotta wait for the next few months... BUT I CANNOT! This is all too damn good, and even more saddening than it ends. We will have Rejuvenation and Desolation, and other projects too, and also fanmade projects based on it... But dear Arceus, partings are always the hardest. 

Actually, Ace is introduced as non-binary.

I think Ace=Radomus doesn’t fit theme-wise. Radomus plays chess: a rational game, everything is transparent, all moves are foreseeable. Ace plays cards (a game with hidden information, bluff and tricks), and is repeatedly described as magical. 

Spoiler

Then again, Radomus is all show, so, perhaps it could be an act… but it’s hard to believe. 

I’ll admit I didn’t give a second glance to the Ringmaster, but I’m not sure it’s very likely either.

Spoiler

Also it’d be completely in character for Terra to out anyone under a hidden identity – even a Meteor – because she was bored or something. Or if she actually has some restraint – why bother to put two undercover people in the same place? Especially two people proficient with computers. 

As far as I’m aware Adrienn is the only plot-important canonical non-binary NPC as of E18, so if Ace had a meaningful hidden identity, they’d have to lie about this too. It might not be impossible (and undercover work makes one’s reflection on one’s identity harder), but it looks complicated to do, and from what I’ve seen I don’t think the devs would go this way. 

Still, I certainly am curious about how they appear in the plot. 

• Documented 1

19 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

"He" is actually non binary.

15 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

Actually, Ace is introduced as non-binary.

I've always thought that people were referring to Ace as "him". To be fair, at the beginning I was thinking Adrienn was a girl, so... Yeah, I simply can't recognize non-binary. 

24 minutes ago, KingInfernal said:

Also sexuality and gender identity are two totally different things

I just meant from the purely biological standpoint. 

21 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

Radomus plays chess: a rational game, everything is transparent, all moves are foreseeable. Ace plays cards (a game with hidden information, bluff and tricks), and is repeatedly described as magical. 

Nobody said that in case of two personalities/characters they need to have something in common. They can be completely different, from every angle. 

23 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

As far as I’m aware Adrienn is the only plot-important canonical non-binary NPC as of E18

Excluding potentially non-binary protagonist, yes. 

Also having two non-binary, considering how many other important characters there are, isn't an overload - especially since Adrienn is more feminine, Ace is more masculine. 

At least they appear to be.