FE on the Forums: Scarlet Crown [IC]

rokubiraijuu

One figure cutting a fairly prominent presence when she approached the group was a girl (looking around eighteen) on a dragon. Obviously a representative of the Dragon Knights, the girl was a redhead, with long hair and grey armor (with bulky, extra shield-like plates on her shoulders, chest, back, and hips sliding lightly as she moved) backed with green cloth, riding on a dragon the same metallic grey color on the top but green on the underside. On her face was a pair of grey eyes, and also an expression of total and complete mystification. She had never left the Antei Mountains before being assigned to this Allied Guard, so every sight and sound she took in was a new impression of mysterious outside lands and ways of life. So this... ”Ynddi, don’t bother her!” The girl noticed that her dragon had begun to approach one of the smaller groups conversing on the field, and in particular a woman in heavy red armor, likely out of curiosity as he was wont to do. Once the Dragon Knight got her dragon to stop, she looked around with that same mystified expression, and eventually spoke at the brunette. ”Um... is this what most Calissians are like...?”

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The knight seemed startled for a moment, and a strange, unrecognizable expression flickered across her face for a moment, before she settled into what seemed to be her default, rather irritable one, tilting her head upward to get a better view of the person on the great beast.

e5TiIke.png

"I'm not Calissian. And no, most of them seem to have their heads screwed on tighter than this. I take it you're the Dragon Knight in this particular unit." A statement, not a question, and a rather unimpressed-sounding one at that.

krimdude.png

Fallon looked up as someone entered his peripheral vision.  Just when I thought I could get away without notice. Ugh. Gonna have to be polite.  But at least he's too young to know me... He thought.

"Uh, howdy. You're here for the first meetin' of the Allied Guard, right?"

He gave a slight nod and responded without much emotion. "Ah...yes. Same as you, I'd imagine. Think it will start soon?'  

5 minutes ago, krim said:

krimdude.png

Fallon looked up as someone entered his peripheral vision.  Just when I thought I could get away without notice. Ugh. Gonna have to be polite.  But at least he's too young to know me... He thought.

"Uh, howdy. You're here for the first meetin' of the Allied Guard, right?"

He gave a slight nod before responding. "Ah...yes. Same as you, I'd imagine. Think it will start soon?'  

tazzdude.png 
"I hope it does, t'be honest. The waiting's, well, It's hard to deal with. Haven't been out of the Great Forest 'n my life 'til now, so the city alone is new to me. Then there's, well, these folk; I just hadn't expected, well... They're rather wild 'n' uh, uh, eccentric. That's the word, right? Eccentric?... I don't mean to badmouth no-one, though, no sir. Just, it's just so new 'n all."

"...Oh, drat, goin' off without even sayin' my name! Uh, name's Seymore. Seymore Corrogo. Nice to meet you. Uh, your name, sir?"

"Yea, um, I am very confused right now and have many questions. First, who are you? Why are you here? Why did you start inching closer to me like that? Were you talking to me and if not who were you talking to?"

chris_4_t.png

"I"m Kris and I'm here for the Allied Guard meeting thingy. I'm in the right place right/"  Kris said before taking a lick of her ice cream again "I was talking to the cutie and I was inching closer because someone kept moving the cutie so I had to move so I didn't need to talk louder and I could hear" She finished before taking a bite out of her ice cream.

mpufIcF.png

"You wanted to talk... to the cutie..." It was obvious that he wasn't this wasn't this cutie,  "So just who exactly is this cutie? Because there's nothing on me that could possibly be considered as a cutie."

KfOgHsi.png

"Heh, unless you consider something like my sword as a cutie, but that would just be ridiculous." The lad added sarcastically.

The Dragon Knight (Ceridwen Rhydderch) had a rather succinct initial response.

MPdroNU.png

"...oh."

She also couldn't make sense of the other girl's expression change, so she wouldn't try to. Eventually, though, she started speaking again. 

MPdroNU.png

"Umm, where are you from, then?" She looked around again and witnessed the continuing, well, they could only be called shenanigans of the other members of the Allied Guard. "...and are you sure this isn't normal for Caliss...? I'm sorry, I've just never been outside of the mountains, so..."

Well, it was all a bit much.

Then she heard the words from the person who appeared to be more heavily armored than them both, and for a moment she covered her mouth and blushed, though she regained most of her composure to speak.

MPdroNU.png

"Oh, wow, do you really mean it? I'm sure it's just Yn Ddidderol here giving me a height advantage, heh heh..."

Said dragon was now inching himself (and Ceridwen) towards Michi so that he could poke at Michi's armor with his snout. "Ynddi! Seriously, behave!"

Michi simply lets out an uproarious laugh as the dragon pokes at them with his snout, moving back to keep from touching it and potentially enraging it; the armor was made to protect from humans, not necessarily from giant dragons trying to tear them asunder. Even if they were looking friendly. Michi wasn't exactly familiar with dragon behaviour; it wasn't as if they grew them in Kouan.

IuuWMQz.png 

"He seems to like me already, ahaha! It's no problem whatsoever. And of course I mean it, comrade!"

MPdroNU.png

"Well, thank you! Oh, and, uh, don't worry about touching Ynddi," Ceridwen could see the armored figure's wariness slash caution about their posture, "They train our dragons as much as they train us humans up in the Stronghold, and he's too smart to attack people for touching him! Well, and he's not very aggressive anyway!" She leaned forward to pat her dragon's head, the shields on her armor shifting slightly again. Yn Ddiddorol nuzzled into her hand slightly, but for the most part seemed more interested in exploring Michi's armor.

A young woman with long, wavy hair and a shortbow clutched in one hand rushes her way into the courtyard, out of breath. Stopping near the swordsman Argos, she blurts out an explanation that constantly trips over itself.

bAbJdUJ.png

“Gosh, I’m so sorry I’m late! I had to find a stable for my mount but the closest one was full up and so we had to go find a different one but then there was a hassle about my documents not being correct and that took forever to resolve and then Icouldn’trememberwhereIwassupposedtogofornearlytenminutesand . . . “

The woman’s words become increasingly higher pitched until she runs out of breath and doubles over, hands braced on her knees while she recovers.

19 hours ago, The Nonexistent Tazz said:

tazzdude.png 
"I hope it does, t'be honest. The waiting's, well, It's hard to deal with. Haven't been out of the Great Forest 'n my life 'til now, so the city alone is new to me. Then there's, well, these folk; I just hadn't expected, well... They're rather wild 'n' uh, uh, eccentric. That's the word, right? Eccentric?... I don't mean to badmouth no-one, though, no sir. Just, it's just so new 'n all."

"...Oh, drat, goin' off without even sayin' my name! Uh, name's Seymore. Seymore Corrogo. Nice to meet you. Uh, your name, sir?"

krimdude.png

The shaman's eye widened a bit at the mention of the Great Forest, but he ultimately decided not to interrupt. The boy was talkative enough for him to pick his words carefully, which is all he really wanted in a conversation partner nowadays. Naomi was the same way. 'Maybe this guy isn't so bad' he thought. "The name's Fallon."  he said, looking over towards where the others had gathered as another girl ran past them "...and I think eccentric would be a good word for them, yes. Where did you say you were from again?" he asked. He had journeyed across the Forest a few times over the past few years, but the boy's accent was unfamiliar to him.

19 minutes ago, krim said:

krimdude.png

The shaman's eye widened a bit at the mention of the Great Forest, but he ultimately decided not to interrupt. The boy was talkative enough for him to pick his words carefully, which is all he really wanted in a conversation partner nowadays. Naomi was the same way. 'Maybe this guy isn't so bad' he thought. "The name's Fallon."  he said, looking over towards where the others had gathered as another girl ran past them "...and I think eccentric would be a good word for them, yes. Where did you say you were from again?" he asked. He had journeyed across the Forest a few times over the past few years, but the boy's accent was unfamiliar to him.

tazzdude.png

"Uh, the Great Forest Village, sir. Farthest one could get from all this hustle 'n' bustle, t'be honest. It's disorientin' t'be out there on the marketstreets, so I'm just happy we're meetin' up in the gardens. Still, 'bout as far as it gets from the forest..."

Seymore glances over at the rest of them. Apparently the purple-haired girl with the ice cream was talking to the boastful swordsman's sword and not the man himself, while a bowswoman rushes into the gardens, exhausted as a horse after a day-long race. Eccentric, indeed, is a good word. He glances back at Fallon, briefly noticing his lack of weapons and armor.

"So, I take it y'er one of 'em magefolk, or somethin' along those lines, sir? I tried learnin' magic when I was younger, but I couldn't get no result of any of it no matter how hard I tried. Kinda depressin', but I got over it. I take it you've had better results. Uhh, or am I bein', uh, the word's 'presumptuous,' right? Am I assumin' here?"

It seems that there is at least one more person who'll be joining the group - someone who upon arrival just gazes around at everyone else gathered around for a while, taking in the sight of everything happening in the field of grass. Anyone who would turn their gaze on him in turn would probably be able to see a few clues as to his nature. For one thing, the design of his current clothing, namely a robe, suggests to him having some place in a religious order. Slightly beneath the open front of those robes, one might be able to see just the barest trace of somewhat rusty and old metal armor, although if an acolyte of the church is wearing it there probably isn't a lot, just the most rudimentary amount to provide a tad more safety against whatever hazards he might face on the road. The general condition of the robe, and the scrap of armor that lies beneath, point to either extensive use already or poor financial condition, and there's one specific place some people might know of where even the church might not be doing well financially... Something not so indicative to his possible background would be things like his silvery-white-ish hair and quite heavily blue eyes, and perhaps a small pouch resting near his hip... Anyway, after he evaluates everyone else present for a while, he just smiles to himself while thinking out loud to himself, unintentionally speaking with a fairly soft voice as he voices his thoughts.

"Wow, quite a few different people here... The Allied Guard must be popular, hah."

3 hours ago, Powder Miner said:

MPdroNU.png

"Umm, where are you from, then?" She looked around again and witnessed the continuing, well, they could only be called shenanigans of the other members of the Allied Guard. "...and are you sure this isn't normal for Caliss...? I'm sorry, I've just never been outside of the mountains, so..."

Well, it was all a bit much.

FWmTNLC.png

"Somewhere else." Her tone was (perhaps unsurprisingly at this point) rather more irritable than the question warranted, her scowl matching it.

e5TiIke.png

"No. Apparently they decided to grab some. . . characters for this mission. Guess you're getting a real sample platter." Her response to the other archer appearing was a short sigh. So far, her favorite out of the group was the one-eyed guy in the corner who hadn't managed to make a fool of himself yet. The new arrival was all the way over there, though, and something more nearby had also caught her ire.

e5TiIke.png

"So, Michi, are you planning on offering to lick this girl's boots clean next, too, or what?"

EDjx3yN.png

"Exactly, so what...." Argos stopped himself when he realized what Kris just said. 

mpufIcF.png

"Wait, you can't be serious. Ignoring the part where you were talking to my sword, how could you think of it as a 'Cutie'."

FPuLmIx.png

"Obviously this sword is a more of an awesome bro than a cuite. I should kuz me and my pops made this one brand new before coming here. He said it was too big to be used effectively but what does he know? He doesn't know anything about my original and unmatched fighting style." The boy boasted planting the sword in the ground leaning on it. He then noticed another lady run up to him and start rambling on and on about how she was late and how she was sorry,

B9AtEfd.png

"Look miss, I don't really care about you being late or not, so stop worrying about it." Then an idea popped into his head,

0Z0o3D3.png

"Actually your timing is perfect!" He said before quickly holding his sword out in front of her.  "Quickly, would you consider this sword the cutest or the coolest?"

1 hour ago, BlueCalibri said:

It seems that there is at least one more person who'll be joining the group - someone who upon arrival just gazes around at everyone else gathered around for a while, taking in the sight of everything happening in the field of grass. Anyone who would turn their gaze on him in turn would probably be able to see a few clues as to his nature. For one thing, the design of his current clothing, namely a robe, suggests to him having some place in a religious order. Slightly beneath the open front of those robes, one might be able to see just the barest trace of somewhat rusty and old metal armor, although if an acolyte of the church is wearing it there probably isn't a lot, just the most rudimentary amount to provide a tad more safety against whatever hazards he might face on the road. The general condition of the robe, and the scrap of armor that lies beneath, point to either extensive use already or poor financial condition, and there's one specific place some people might know of where even the church might not be doing well financially... Something not so indicative to his possible background would be things like his silvery-white-ish hair and quite heavily blue eyes, and perhaps a small pouch resting near his hip... Anyway, after he evaluates everyone else present for a while, he just smiles to himself while thinking out loud to himself, unintentionally speaking with a fairly soft voice as he voices his thoughts.

"Wow, quite a few different people here... The Allied Guard must be popular, hah."

The fact the voice behind Seymore was a soothing voice had no bearing upon the fact it made him flinch. He almost dropped his hatchet. He tried his best to recollect himself as he turned towards the newcomer, but the Dragon (and perhaps anyone with social skills) knew his nerves were high.

tazzdude.png

"... Yeah, I s'pose they're attractin' a crowd, ahaha," Seymore says. "Uh, howdy. I'm Seymore, he's Fallon, and yeah, you've come to the right place. Rather, uh, eccentric crowd for somethin' so... Uh, of such great, uh, pole-E-tick-al importance." He extends a hand.

Seymore wishes he knew what this 'pole-E-tick-al' is to begin with before saying that.

chris_4_t.png

"So what you think just because you made it you get to decide if its a cutie or not without asking it? That's just rude." Kris' eyes widened with shock and she scowled at Argos as he planted the sword into the ground. She was about to say something but stopped when he took the sword at out of the ground. "And why can' it both be a cutie and cool at the same time? Being a bro and being a cutie are not mutually exclusive things"  She said well taking a lick of her ice cream.

She takes one final, loud breath, and straightens up. Her face instantly transforms from a labored animal to a sunny day, along with her demeanor.

eZmLBiD.png

”*GAAAAASP*”

Pd8Pbv5.png

”Oh, thank you. I thought everyone would be so cross with me! That’s very reassuring.”

This woman takes the sword being thrust upon her in stride, accepting the blade and examining it carefully for a moment.

pKRvjQu.png

”Hmmm... I’m not quite an expert on swords as I am with bows, but giving this sword just a short glance, I can definitively tell you that...”

frFcyvC.png

”This noble sword I hold in my two hands . . . “

bAbJdUJ.png

“Is incredibly cool!!

The woman then shrugs, and gives it back to its owner.

pKRvjQu.png

“I would still prefer my bow, though.”

Ker had been taking the entire situation in and finally sighed before sitting back down on the ground.

kBCdadq.png

"Well, it's certainly going to be an interesting group if nothing else. Couple crazies, couple mood killers, couple naive ones. Plus at least one who's able to be calm and maybe help us all working together. Oh, and me of course."

It wasn't exactly clear who he was talking to beyond generally to the air, though he was still close enough to the Dragon Knight and the other two near her that he might have been talking to them.

56 minutes ago, Powder Miner said:

Ceridwen's expression snapped into one of some startlement when Rhian tossed that last line at the heavily armored soldier.

MPdroNU.png

"Um... that's not quite necessary, is it...?"

e5TiIke.png

"What? He acts like a bootlicker, I'll call him one. You didn't do anything praiseworthy besides showing up. I did that too, and all I get is people thinking I can't hear them talking about me." This was said with a significant glance at the purple-haired soldier sitting on the ground. "You wanna actually run that by me, or do you wanna keep trying to pretend you're talking to the air?"

3 hours ago, The Nonexistent Tazz said:

tazzdude.png

"Uh, the Great Forest Village, sir. Farthest one could get from all this hustle 'n' bustle, t'be honest. It's disorientin' t'be out there on the marketstreets, so I'm just happy we're meetin' up in the gardens. Still, 'bout as far as it gets from the forest..."

Seymore glances over at the rest of them. Apparently the purple-haired girl with the ice cream was talking to the boastful swordsman's sword and not the man himself, while a bowswoman rushes into the gardens, exhausted as a horse after a day-long race. Eccentric, indeed, is a good word. He glances back at Fallon, briefly noticing his lack of weapons and armor.

"So, I take it y'er one of 'em magefolk, or somethin' along those lines, sir? I tried learnin' magic when I was younger, but I couldn't get no result of any of it no matter how hard I tried. Kinda depressin', but I got over it. I take it you've had better results. Uhh, or am I bein', uh, the word's 'presumptuous,' right? Am I assumin' here?"

krimdude.png

"Magefolk? I...suppose you could say that. I doubt it's similar to anything you've learned about though." Fallon grimaced. Not wanting to say any more about the topic, for both their sakes, he turned to look at the dragon that stood in the middle of the gardens. The rider had just finished her mentorship by the look of her. Now that brings me back...he thought. "Quite a spectacle, eh?" he said with just a hint of sadness. When he looked back, he noticed the new man with striking blue eyes standing a ways off. 

53 minutes ago, The Nonexistent Tazz said:

The fact the voice behind Seymore was a soothing voice had no bearing upon the fact it made him flinch. He almost dropped his hatchet. He tried his best to recollect himself as he turned towards the newcomer, but the Dragon (and perhaps anyone with social skills) knew his nerves were high.

tazzdude.png

"... Yeah, I s'pose they're attractin' a crowd, ahaha," Seymore says. "Uh, howdy. I'm Seymore, he's Fallon, and yeah, you've come to the right place. Rather, uh, eccentric crowd for somethin' so... Uh, of such great, uh, pole-E-tick-al importance." He extends a hand.

Seymore wishes he knew what this 'pole-E-tick-al' is to begin with before saying that.

krimdude.png

'Yes...Fallon." he said to the man with the blue eyes, before looking back at Seymour. "And it's pronounced pol-i-tic-al. Don't worry too much about the specifics and you'll be better off for it."

Kerr shot a grin at the grumpy woman.

kBCdadq.png

"Oh, I wasn't pretending. I get some of my best conversation with the air. Well technically with myself, but same idea generally, you know? And don't worry, I was more referring to eyepatch guy over there as the mood killer. He was just kind of looming over us, watching. Creepy, you know? Naw, you're just touchy, that doesn't need to kill a mood. Besides, I'd never insult someone who could probably gut me and do it gladly."

His grin had turned into a full blown smirk at that point, clearly testing the woman's temper at least somewhat.

"Oh, right, I'm being rude. Terribly sorry about that. The name's Kerr. Lance foot soldier type fighter, from Caliss. Don't worry, I won't ask for details where you're from or anything. I already know you don't want to share."