Quotes

Cyrus

There is a point in our lives when we come to an edge. We stand at this edge, we look over it and we look back from where we've been. We think about where we will go next: will we walk off the edge, will we walk back from where we once came? We often reflect between these two choices, never realising there is so much more to choose from. Why walk forward or back? Can we not walk around? Can we not walk to the left or right? Why must everything be set as being straight forward, with no room to deviate in the way of which we choose? Next time you're at the edge just take a moment to think about everywhere you can go that isn't forwards or backwards, as they don't always lead to progress.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Do you hear the baby stars? These newborns will grow up to become galaxies someday. When stars die, they turn to stardust and scatter across the cosmos. Eventually, that stardust reforms to create a new star... And so the cycle of life continues. But the cycle never repeats itself in quite the same way.... So...you'll see."-Rosalina, Super Mario Galaxy

"Design is a funny word. Some people think design is how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it's really how it works." - Steve Jobs

"Animals are sentient, intelligent, perceptive, funny, and entertaining. We owe them a duty of care as we do to our children."- Michael Morpurgo

Some days I know you just don't want get out of bed,
dark thoughts and voices just float around in your head
telling you that you're better of dead, wanting a permanent escape but instead
let me tell you that there is a whole world waiting for you
I know you won't believe me but it's true
just take a deep breath, take a step, and the world will open its doors for you.

I know I may not know your name
but I promise you I've felt the same,
but my friend, there is more to life than this
and the blade that cuts your skin,
I know my words can't fix what can't heal
but just hold on for one more day.

Edited by Sophisticated Squirtle

Since no one seems to have quoted this, as far as I glanced over anyway, here's a nice quote from Robin Williams:

"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless and they don't want anybody else to feel like that".

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." -Mewtwo (Mewtwo Strikes Back)

"To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure." -Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

“Those who love their lives will lose them, and those who hate their lives in this world will keep them forever.” -Jesus (John 12:25)

"I love this game that people call 'life' from the bottom of my heart." -Makishima Shogo (Psycho Pass)

Edited by vsx2000goton

Nature knows no indecencies; man invents them.

I feel for Adam and Eve now, for I know how it was with them... The Garden of Eden I now know was an unendurable solitude. I know that the advent of the serpent was a welcome change- anything for society.

Only he who has seen better days and lives to see better days again knows their full value.

Grief can take care of itself, but to get the full value of a joy you must have somebody to divide it with.

Nothing that grieves us can be called little: by the eternal laws of proportion a child's loss of a doll and a king's loss of a crown are events of the same size.

In order to know a community, one must observe the style of its funerals and know what manner of men they bury with most ceremony.

-------- Mark Twain---------

I found my notepad with a quote of his on every page.

"It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

"The only ones who should fire are the ones who are ready to be fired at." -Lelouch Vi Britannia, Code Geass ending

• Support Squad

"Ignore when people say that the length of a game's title is not important, that a title should just convey what the game is about. They're just jealous theirs isn't as long."

"Time is making fools of us again."

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love."

-J.K.Rowling through Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Edited by Kookies