Quotes

Cyrus

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?
- Mark Twain's Autobiography

See my alias and know the answer.

I have no special regard for Satan; but I can at least claim that I have no prejudice against him. It may even be that I lean a little his way, on account of his not having a fair show. All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. We have none but evidence for the prosecution and yet we have rendered the verdict. To my mind, this is irregular. It is un-English. It is un-American; it is French. Without this precedent Dreyfus could not have been condemned. As soon as I can get at the facts I will undertake his rehabilitation myself if I can find an unpolitic publisher. It is a thing we ought to be willing to do for anyone who is under a cloud. We may not pay him reverance, for that would be indiscreet, but we can at least respect his talents. A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race, and political head of the whole of it, must be granted the possession of executive abilites of the loftiest order. In his large presence the other popes and politicians shrink to midgets for the microscope. I would like to see him. I would rather see him and shake him by the tail than any member of the European concert.- "Concerning Jews" Mark Twain

"There's no such thing as a painless lesson-they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle." - Edward Elric

Basically a quote the tells us that you will go through hardships, but when you endure them you will come out a better person.

• 3 weeks later...

"I am become death, destroyer of worlds." -J. Robert Oppenheimer (Creator of the Atomic Bomb)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"The web of deception I have woven with my performances are about to ensnare this world." -Gentleman Phantom

• 3 weeks later...

"Well, for all those born with nothing, there are those born with everything. Perhaps those who never notice the difference are the ones we should envy." ~ Ranulf Fe9

Sanaki: "I don't understand. How can you be a goddess and not know? I thought

gods were perfect beings who knew everything!"

Yune: "Gods? Perfect? Where did you get that idea? You haven't met a lot of
gods, have you?"

Sanaki: "Well, no. But divinity created life from nothing! Surely only perfect
beings could do that!"

Yune: "We did create life, and can do many things that you creatures of flesh
can't. But that doesn't make us perfect. It just means we can make mistakes
on a much grander scale..."

~ Fe10 after the armies join.

"All I do is live by my principles, my sword, and my friends. What can I say? I won't change who I am, even if it means fighting you."~ Ike fe10

Edited by DragonMasterKrim