Quotes

Cyrus

"Of course it is happening inside your head Harry, but why should that make it any less real?" - Dumbledore

"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." - Dumbledore

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Weasley Twins

“Just because you have the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn’t mean we all have.” - Hermione

Edited by RainbowHugs

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You have to be careful when placing labels on good and evil, Seliph. Never waste your anger on individuals. Always focus it on the evil within all of us."

~ Levin, Fire Emblem: (4) Genealogy of the Holy War.

"Humans are shameless creatures that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly. They can--and often do--turn a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin. They will bow their heads, condemning those victims for bringing calamity upon themselves, and then they will cast their eyes toward heaven in thanks while their neighbors lay dying around them. When the Daein army darkens their doorsteps, perhaps they will understand. When the peace they take for granted is shattered, and their sons and daughters slaughtered in the streets...Perhaps then will they comprehend the misfortunes they so long pretended not to see. I have no sympathy for them."

~ Soren, Fire Emblem: (9) Path of Radiance

"Not all evils are wrought for evil purposes. Perhaps this sounds naïve, but... A true leader needs to look at his opponent and see more than just an enemy."

~ Nyna, Fire Emblem: (11) Shadow Dragon

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the heart has no metrics or form or measure. And all of it… irreplaceable." - Monty Oum

"Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean." - Maya Angelou

"Learn from yesterday, live for tomorrow, rest this afternoon."- Charles Schulz

Words I live by.

also just because I will never forgot this.

"There were three boats we could get on that day. The first was going to America, the second to Canada and the third to Australia. We didn't know which was which so we just got on one... At the time I really wanted to end up in the US but looking back on it now, knowing how that place turned out, I really wish we had gone to Canada."- my Pop when asked why he decided to move his family to Australia

Edited by Narckarth

• 4 weeks later...

"Needless to say, I was drinking alone, for the third straight night. I was testing to the limits Burrich's theory that while drinking could solve nothing, it could make the unbearable tolerable. It did not seem to be working for me. The more I drank, the less tolerable my situation seemed. And the more intolerable I became to my friends." -FitzChivalry, Robin Hobb.

"I could open myself to that flow of power and be quenched in it. It would be an end to all torments, surcease at last. I was so tired of doubts and guilts, so weary of duty and debts. If Verity carried me into that flow of skill with him I could finally surrender with no shame."

"Duty is heavier than a mountain, Death lighter than a feather." - Robert Jordan

• 3 weeks later...

"By fighting this match, I'm not trying to prove Chinese martial arts to be better than Western boxing. What I really wamt to say is... though people may have different status in life, everybody's dignity is the same. I hope that from this moment on, we can start to respect each other." - Ip Man, Ip Man 2

I was reading "How to Kill a Mockingbird" in the car and I found this gem. (It's not actually in the story but more on the book itself.)

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once."

Does this include Viri? Not sure it applies.

I was reading "How to Kill a Mockingbird" in the car and I found this gem. (It's not actually in the story but more on the book itself.)

"Lawyers, I suppose, were children once."

Does this include Viri? Not sure it applies.

I'm worse. I'm a taxman. I was spontaneously generated out of a dynamo.

• 2 weeks later...

"This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."" - Rorschach (Watchmen)

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible. I bet you do too, buddy"

"Here comes the snow"

"Can you see any borders from here? What has borders given us?"

"This twisted game needs to be reset."

"You and I are the opposite sides of the same coin, buddy. There may be a ressemblance, but we will never face the same direction." -Pixy, (Ace Combat Zero)

"Damn it! I walked over an eye!" -Raelag, (Heroes of Might and Magic V)

"you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink"

whoa there cowboy, that there nugget of wisdom is older than the hills. If I had a penny for every time it's ever been said, I'd be the richest person in ever.

oh, time for my contribution, huh.

haste makes waste

don't count your chickens before they hatch

don't put all your eggs in one basket

a stitch in time saves nine

a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down

I love you

I'm sorry

stop, drop, and neigh neigh

if the car is a rockin, you need to check to have the suspension checked.

when hell reaches an overall temperature of 32 degrees farenheit or lower...

Luke, I am the sperm donor.

If at first you don't succeed, break down and pay a professional to do it right, you diy nut

We like Ike.

Pepperidge farm remembers.

the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, excepting in extenuating circumstances, like a hill or a tornado

measure thrice, cut once

look before you leap

an apple a day has no effect on your currently scheduled doctor's appointment

fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice... you're good.

Do a barrel roll.

Come with me if you want to live.

Winter is coming.