Pokemon Reborn Pentaop is Here

nepeta100

Nappys reaction to the rainbow field effect probably caused him to not notice that the cause was using rain dance when it was sunny wonder if they will figure it out by charlotte

4 hours ago, nepeta100 said:

Nappys reaction to the rainbow field effect probably caused him to not notice that the cause was using rain dance when it was sunny wonder if they will figure it out by charlotte

I hope they will. his reaction to that was gold tho

38 minutes ago, Lucky98 said:

Anyone wondering why Twit chose to forget Charge Beam instead of Thunder Shock on his Ampharos?

I would guess because of accuracy.

Their most fiercest battle yet... A SPRITZEE PUZZLE! WILL THEY BE ABLE TO SURVIVE THIS?! HOW WILL THIS AFFECT THEIR LIVES?! IS THIS TOO DRAMATIC!? WHO CARES!

Shelly's voice is....

Just....

They're not wrong about that being her voice if this was an anime

Can't wait until they find out Eclipse is a girl

Jay, once again, coming through with the voices. Though Aster's does sound similar to Fern's.

I feel like Jay's naming his pokemon that way simply because he's remembering how things went in Uranium and decided this is how things have to be.

So dilemma there are some boss gauntlets in reborn. I'm worried that they will be able to skip losing pokemon on battles past the first if they wipe on the first one akin to how they don't lose pokemon past the first  team wipe at the gym.

Tomorrow (presumably), the Penta-Op group will face their most difficult battle yet. It's not Shelly. It's not Victoria. Hell. It's not even Aster and Eclipse. See, this individual is very skillful and can be quite deadly. When people hear his name, they faint and drop to the ground in fear. That name is... ORDERLY JOHN!

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, uberle said:

How....

Ok I don't know what just happened, but i posted the same thing 5 times

I've had it happen to me. What normally happens then is that I hit the submit reply button, only it doesn't show that it was posted. And after a few seconds of waiting I click it again. Then find out that both actually went through when I come back to the thread.

40 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

@uberle

I have no clue but it just sounds funny to me and... o.o alllllrighty then. Haha.

If I'm remembering correctly Orderly John was actually unreasonably difficult for me in my first run...

Maybe that was it... 

Orderly John does have a Magneton the first time you fight him.

He's also the miniboss of the Orphanage when you return, is the first (only?) ppearance for the New World Orderly trainer class, and Solaris's partner. So he's not just another random mook.

I'm extremely late to the party with this comment, but re: the discussion of trigger warnings:

I understand that the "surprise" of the scene can be ruined for many players if the warning is made too specific / lets you know exactly where, and I do want those people to be able to enjoy the game fully. But I believe that something that gives the rest of us an option to check for this type of content would be very helpful.

I've said before that I think it would be a good idea to include some content warnings that aren't as vague as "unsettling content", and I'd suggest this: Why not a separate readme file in the game folder? Nothing wrong with giving people the option to read up on things to look out for (you can't cover everything, but suicide is pretty damn major). Players who don't have the need for it can remain unspoiled this way.

When I started playing the game, the person who recommended it to me told me about Corey's death and Amaria's attempt.

If they hadn't, it would most likely have been an intensely upsetting experience, to put it mildly. What Corey and Amy did hit really, really close to home for me. Especially at that time back then. I want to be able to mentally brace myself for scenes like these because my mind and memories fuck me up, pardon the language.

Thanks to my friend's early warning, Reborn ended up being one of the few things I managed to enjoy back then. Without their help, chances are I'd have abandoned it right there at that scene and never touched it again.

Real life doesn't come with trigger warnings, but Reborn is a game. Whether or not I want to expose myself to fictional scenes that resemble traumatic life experiences should be my decision. The only people with valid input about whether or not I'm too sensitive are the mental health professionals working with me.

• Like 1

I think the issue is that its too blurry a line to draw to give warnings for specific "triggers", if character deaths warrant a warning, what about events that have death by hazard(Pulsemons), illness(Kiki,Luminia), or homicide(Solaris,Titania,etc), each of those could be something that might set someone off, and it gets really subjective if Ame&co has to start weighing on which events warrant a warning. e.g. I doubt anyone here even bat an eyelid at cultists but the sanctum event with Luna is the least comfortable part of the game for me.

I feel if necessary, the warning screen can be changed to require a confirmation, that the player knows that they are going in for something heavier than just cartoon villains, with a  "please refer to readme.txt for specifics".