[Mafia Won] Back to the Basic II: Hard Boiled

NickCrash

@Walpurgis

Define bland in the context.

I think you misinterpreted the read. I didn't say that he would pull something like that as mafia; instead, I feel that it's a suspicious move they did unconsciously, not one with intent. I don't argue that it's normal for people to be playful or joking, but in Bok's case, he is suspicious particularly for doing so despite implying in the earlier statement that he could start things once someone dies and I don't see why he never said anything of what he thought about them.

As for Andracass, I see your point about loosening up and all, but I don't really see why you should make it as an excuse for her actions. Besides, I gave other reasons independent on that, which was that she seemed to have a lack of motivation to solve the game and her posting seemed to be mostly reactant which had a lack of initiative. This is why I found her the most suspicious.

On that note, your entire accusation on me based on Cass is pure assumption. Those things you describe haven't happened yet and it's only your imagination of how things would go. Your accusation is a reach.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Alarisqoute is buggy ayy

i meant what i said. vigi did the right thing to kill. Now he is no longer a psychologist suspect. He hid himself well among the forest. also, if i was vigi i will still keep on killing cuz decimating numbers increases chances of winning either side. That way it will satisfy nick pool's thirst fer blood and it will satisfy the day phase thirst fer action. Vigi here doesnt have negative impact on itself when they hit wrong targets so i dont really see any difference with a 3 maf+sk setup in that regard. Tis just a matter of the sk(vigi in this case) to figure out who among us is trying to play coy. Cuz i seriously wonder why some town aint really being aggro on stuff when the probability of them as a simple villager is really high.

---

Since Avatar nick is pushing for a vote. Currently in my head canon railroad there are four names to rule out that i find trustworthy for now. Aaand am not even counting candy (whom i replaced)as one of those. Afterall, she havent established dominance trustworthiness yet neither am i. if push comes to shove i'll either abstain or i'll simply leave it to rng cuz i at least have 3 sus as well.

On another unrelated note(?) why is town not playing the hider card? ...what does that even mean, boat 😒? It's

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Real Talk: I was busy today, and I’m currently emotionally exhausted. It is like 10:40pm and I still need to do stuff.

[Eliminate: Andracass] 

this is a bandwagon temporary vote. If i can read more before the phase ends tomorrow cause I have read nothing I will and will change my vote. I just can’t do this rn. Sorry. Might pin me as scum but fuck it I have 0 energy rn.

Edited by Cataline
Add descrip to vote and last sentence added

@sailboat

Vigi here doesnt have negative impact on itself when they hit wrong targets so i dont really see any difference with a 3 maf+sk setup in that regard

I can't agree with this. Vigilante hitting the wrong targets is a negative impact. LYLO will arrive sooner than expected. 3 Maf + SK is not similar to this setup.

Could you talk to us about your reads? Don't be vague please

@andracass What do you mean by Lia might be right?

@Bok Choi Why do you think so?

@andracassyes. yes there is. the hider is the key here. cuz seriously i only regard the psych as nothing but a walking villager. lucky them(psych) if they find correct target the next two nights. 

@Mazino Divergenteven if you disagree, hitting wrong targets increases probability specially when reaching lower number and frankly its one of the more effiecient way to move the remaining peeps down to proper path. so whats the problem with that? you hit wrong then clean up in the morning. rinse repeat. Also, I specifically stated itself. Not town but the role itself. so i find your nitpicking weird. as time flies by.

@Bok Choi I meant, explain your reads.

@sailboat It's just that the way you describe it is that the vigilante kill is random and thus, relies on probability. I don't really have much of a problem with vigilante as long as they don't shoot on a night where a lynch is yet to happen or shoot with little conviction.

• Veterans

I didn't, though I'm not sure you have an ability.

Also, and this probably doesn't matter but I want to make sure I'm clear, I was not saying you were a sheep earlier. I was trying to make a pun with your name.

Rereading Cass and her recent posts, I'm thinking more favorably of her. NGL a lot of the suspicion I had on her was because I expected much from her from a certain other game and disregarded the fact that she's still a new player and that her posting style in that game could have been different due to circumstances. I have yet to see enough of her to think she's town, but my suspicion on her has lowered for now.

I also don't like the other voters on the wagon (Bean, Cataline) because both of them seem to be voting to bandwagon only. I'm thinking less favorably of them, but I can consider Cat's circumstances and still think she's town despite this vote.

With that said, [Vote] Bok Choi for reasons I've stated in my reads and his most recent vote is weird because there isn't any explanation and it lacks conviction from a town persona due to the way that it seems to be done by luck. This might change depending on his response.

@NickCrash Could we have an extension? I think there's much to be said before we settle this day tbh.

9 hours ago, Mazino Divergent said:

How am I classifying players based on my convenience? Define "flimsy" arguments. To me, it seems like you're attacking my reads for weak reasons through misrepresentation and it feels like you're motivated to say it's to my own convenience out of personal agenda.

Well I put those two as examples (maybe not the best ones I could've picked), but I could say the same comparing your reads of Cataline to Bok. In this case, you do say they both haven't contributed and they appear in quite different positions in your scale.

8 hours ago, Mazino Divergent said:

Both who died were Vanilla Town. None of them flipped Hider.

You're right.

8 hours ago, Mazino Divergent said:

I don't like your reads either. I don't like how you classify town and neutral in one place, but most of all, you don't even describe how someone "looks" town, not even giving any examples as to that.

On the other hand, I don't like the way you scumread Andracass. It feels like a lame way to read her when you said she wanted to exploit it further. I don't how exploiting works in that case when it was more or less a joke vote.

I will never classify anybody as town unless they're confirmed. The best position one can achieve in my reads is neutral.

I guess you refer to my "looks town" on Boat and Bok. What they have said makes sense to me so far and I see nothing to suspect them.

Andracass thing: bearing in mind that most people still look neutral to me, even if that was a joke, it has been one of the few things that caught my eye.

---

My vote will go to Cataline because I can understand that she's busy and tired, but her first posts were too confusing.

[Eliminate] Cataline

@Alaris

Well I put those two as examples (maybe not the best ones I could've picked), but I could say the same comparing your reads of Cataline to Bok. In this case, you do say they both haven't contributed and they appear in quite different positions in your scale.

Yes. It is important to notice how different their behavior is. I feel that Cataline may not have contributed much, but based on their posts, they give me a genuine town vibe, but not enough to place her as a high townread. On the other hand, as I've explained in my reads, I didn't like what Bok said on D1 as it seemed like a lazy attempt to not contribute and he never even gave a follow-up to that on D2. This is why I am scumreading him, along with his vote, which the way it was done is weird.

I will never classify anybody as town unless they're confirmed. The best position one can achieve in my reads is neutral.

I guess you refer to my "looks town" on Boat and Bok. What they have said makes sense to me so far and I see nothing to suspect them.

Andracass thing: bearing in mind that most people still look neutral to me, even if that was a joke, it has been one of the few things that caught my eye.

I think to have a better hierarchy you should separate town in two categories: lock town (confirmed town) and town (based on personal judgement). 

Also, @Mazino Divergent, I can't help but notice that now you defend Andracass when she was the scummiest in your list. Why that sudden change of mind?

I'm not defending her. It's simply that my suspicion of her lessened upon reevaluation of her past posts and the recent posts, tone-wise, are townie. She's currently townie to me, but still quite low in the list.

12 minutes ago, Mazino Divergent said:

@Alaris

Yes. It is important to notice how different their behavior is. I feel that Cataline may not have contributed much, but based on their posts, they give me a genuine town vibe, but not enough to place her as a high townread. On the other hand, as I've explained in my reads, I didn't like what Bok said on D1 as it seemed like a lazy attempt to not contribute and he never even gave a follow-up to that on D2. This is why I am scumreading him, along with his vote, which the way it was done is weird.

So, it's based on vibes and sensations. Well, I can't say I share that viewpoint right now, sorry.

12 minutes ago, Mazino Divergent said:

I think to have a better hierarchy you should separate town in two categories: lock town (confirmed town) and town (based on personal judgement). 

As I said, I never consider anybody town unless confirmed ("lock town"). I never give the benefit of the doubt to anybody. Either they are neutral, or scum. However, if you wish, consider my neutral list a rough equivalent to your "town" category, i.e., people I don't suspect much.

So, it's based on vibes and sensations. Well, I can't say I share that viewpoint right now, sorry.

Mafia is a social deduction game though, so it's based on reading people and reasoning out from it.

My read on Cataline is based on pure feel as I think that she's merely inexperienced with this kind of setup, hence, why she joined this game.

As for Bok, you didn't read the continuing line on the first bolded portion while I've also said this:

"his most recent vote is weird because there isn't any explanation and it lacks conviction from a town persona due to the way that it seems to be done by luck. This might change depending on his response."

Going by your statement, why do you say "he looks town"?

Vote: sailboat

A majority of their contribution today has been role discussion and not giving us a hard stance on their susps. Rnging out of your susps is not optimal - pick the scummiest and vote em.

Latter also goes to @Bok Choi. Do you find Cataline more suspicious than Dive or no?

(I would also like an extension too pls if that would work. If not, I completely understand.)