[Mafia Won] Back to the Basic II: Hard Boiled

NickCrash

Meh, I still believe Dive is mafia. He feels like mafia and I think that my hypothesis about cass visiting him is solid enough. They could have chosen to sacrifice Bok for the greater good. If he had pointed only towards town players he would have immediately become suspicious after their innocence was proven because we all know Dive is a good enough player to be able to identify mafia members. He precisely urged people to vote and suspect Bok when things got ugly for him (tie between him and Cat), probably because mafia considered him a more valuable and salvageable member than Bok. I totally see Bok (and Nicki) agreeing to play along and trying to fake an antagonism with Dive while accepting his death for the greater good. Heck I see Dive's ego and Bok's and Nicki's insecurities being big enough to agree on that and I think he's now doing the same with Nicki.

I still don't think Bok was especially suspicious, or at least he wouldn't have been without Dive pushing for making him suspicious and I don't think a more confident mafia partner than Bok/Nicki would have allowed that. 

Maybe I'm talking too much and I'm proven wrong later but /shrug, I think my hypothesis is solid enough. I don't see Zero or Paul as very suspicious.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even care about winning, if I'm right I want all of you three (Bok, Dive and Nicki) to think about the decissions you have taken and what you have allowed to happen in this game because I don't think it's alright.

14 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

Meh, I still believe Dive is mafia. He feels like mafia and I think that my hypothesis about cass visiting him is solid enough. They could have chosen to sacrifice Bok for the greater good. If he had pointed only towards town players he would have immediately become suspicious after their innocence was proven because we all know Dive is a good enough player to be able to identify mafia members. He precisely urged people to vote and suspect Bok when things got ugly for him (tie between him and Cat), probably because mafia considered him a more valuable and salvageable member than Bok. I totally see Bok (and Nicki) agreeing to play along and trying to fake an antagonism with Dive while accepting his death for the greater good. Heck I see Dive's ego and Bok's and Nicki's insecurities being big enough to agree on that and I think he's now doing the same with Nicki.

I still don't think Bok was especially suspicious, or at least he wouldn't have been without Dive pushing for making him suspicious and I don't think a more confident mafia partner than Bok/Nicki would have allowed that. 

Maybe I'm talking too much and I'm proven wrong later but /shrug, I think my hypothesis is solid enough. I don't see Zero or Paul as very suspicious.

Why do I feel like mafia?

I don't think the sacrifice thing works in any way. First off, although I could point mafia members as mafia, I don't think I would have done so in the context of D2. It hardly benefits mafia!me to bus fellow mafia on the first day lynching happens because it reduces number easily and isn't wholy the greatest move. Second, knowing that tie, I needn't attempt to call upon a lynch on Bok because I could have easily jumped on the Cat BW and said it was justified. Third, I don't think the context of me being more valuable and salvageable is correct. Even up until now, I'm still being suspected for reasons that I don't understand. Fourth, how was he faking antagonism? From what he said, it felt genuine that he voted me because he was threatened I discovered him. Fifth, Bok was suspicious. You're just ignoring how suspicious he was.

Also, why do you think Nicki is mafia?

20 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

I don't even care about winning, if I'm right I want all of you three (Bok, Dive and Nicki) to think about the decissions you have taken and what you have allowed to happen in this game because I don't think it's alright.

What do you mean by this?

• Global Mods

Voting for me is going to result in a win for mafia, so if you want to do that then go ahead. 🤷‍♀️ I don't know how I can better defend myself as vanilla, because I have nothing to back that up.

[eliminate] Dive.

Thanks for the heads up Nick.

Ik I'm passive, just have less leisure nowadays.

Anyway, I will complete 4 posts even through the process of double posting right away. 

inb4 I get modkilled.

I feel like getting suspected even though been already justified as a confirmed townie. I basically indirectly alignment claimed at Day phase 1 and Bean confirmed my innocence on day phase 3 which could have been better had it been somebody else. 🤦‍♂️

Reassuring, I'm a vanilla townie. And truth be told, that statement was not created by me to express my selfishness and easily preserve my mafia alignment.

Nonetheless, I'm aware that I'm less contributory and lynching me will lead the towns nowhere. 😉

Now, I'll be taking up on today's issue.

Hmph, as explicitly stated, Cass the hider visits a Mafiaso and dies.

Lia hypothizes that Dive was the one whom Cass visited.

Well, it can be virtually true counting on the strange interaction they had last day.

Sorry, If I'm again been manipulated by potential scums. And since, we have less chances of winning at this stage, I think I'll risk it.

• Global Mods

I assume it's Kiyo and Zero, then. I must've missed the stuff about Bean.

I can't really state much as I admit I haven't really been motivated for this game, but one thing I noticed that was odd was Kiyo initially townread me, and suddenly when the game is in lylo he shifts his read to a scumread and votes for me. The only reason I find this odd is because throughout the entire game, he mentions that the behaviour I've shown has been town!Nicki and not scum!Nicki... and without me changing my behaviour, he then tries to shift suspicion onto me. Yeah, I guess I've been a little bit different, but I'm trying to find more confidence in my reads.

@Paul25 I urge you to rethink your decision.

@purplecicada It's just been hard for me to grasp a read on you. At the start of day 2, you were one of my top town, but you kept slipping with every passing day, with lesser contribution you've beem giving. I can't help but scumread you despite your behavior not being similar to mafia!Nicki and I think that it's totally possible you're playing a different game as mafia because of Danganronpa Mafia.

You didn't change your behavior, but you did absolutely nothing to improve upon it. That's what I sincerely think.

DAY 4 - OVER

Votes

Dive    (3): Lia, Nicki, Paul
Paul    (1): Zero
Nicki   (1): Dive

Divergent has been lynched. He was Addictem RSHQt0k.jpg

Mafia Goon

This means, you have survived the day. Very good. 

Will you find out the last mafioso tomorrow? Sleep tight.

PLAYER LIST

01. Paul25

02. Alistair --> Cataline - Vanilla Town [D2]

03. Corso --> L'Belle - Vanilla Town [N1]

04. Purplecicada

05. Walpurgis

06. Psychic Sheep - Psychologist [N3]

07. Mazino Divergent - Mafia Goon [D4]

08. Andracass - Hider [N3]

09. Candy --> Sailboat - Vanilla Town [D3]

10. Alaris - Vigilante [N2]

11. Bok Choi - Mafia Goon [N2]

12. Mr. Knightly - Vanilla Town [N1]

13. Zero Passion

The thread is locked. Night phase lasts 24 hours.

DAY 5

The night was a bit weird.

We found someone buried under a ton of cash. How this amount of money managed to enter my prison remains unknown. I don't mind.

I have been digging for hours now. It's quite a lot and I suspect Lykos has stolen some. It's all mine dear. Give it back.

Or you can take the body I found under it. It's a blonde.

Walpurgis was killed. She was Demmy Eanor P6s5f5u.jpg

Strawberry Town

This is yet another LyLo! Weee

We're making big numbers boys and girls. Big numbers.

You have 47 hours.

• Global Mods

@Paul25 Are you able to quote where Bean confirmed you were town? The site keeps messing up for me and I've been unable to find the exact post.

I had a feeling it would end up with us three. I still want to think it's Zero, but because I can't find the post I'm now very torn.

With regards to his other posts, what do you think of them?

I feel like Paul wouldn't have done such a strategy to seem like they're important to keep around. I haven't really seen anyone pull off such an action, not did he have any incentive to do so because he wasn't at risk of being lynched.

On the other hand, treating themselves as a justified confirmed townie is sending me mixed signals. On one hand, it seems to be a way of lessening the lynch pool, but at the same time, I don't think it's really fit of him to be clear simply for that because there are two opportunities for him to have performed the mafia kill, thus, avoiding the psychologist' visit.

So Dive is giving me a vibe here that Paul is not mafia from this post with how he feels they would not play as they have as scum. This is from a "perfect info" point of view - they know paul would be town.

With Lia being cleared with Andracass' post last day saying Lia's town and me being town, we're left with Nicki, Zero Passion, and Paul.

I think at this point it's important to look at how they're associated with each other for us to be able to better evaluate

Nicki/Zero Passion:

They have hardly interacted with each other except for Nicki's vote on Zero Passion the previous day and Zero Passion mentioning Nicki's vote on him. This could be distancing between mafia partners or this could be simply two towns who aren't active enough to interact. Could go either way.

Nicki/Paul:

There's no interaction between them either. It could still be distancing; however, upon rereading, Paul's vote on Cataline could be one of those types wherein he follows a mafia partner's reasoning in getting a mislynch. The only other thing related to them is Nicki pressuring him and Zero Passion for being inactive, but voting Zero Passion instead.

Paul/Zero Passion:

And once again, there's minimal interaction which isn't surprising at this point. They didn't have any interaction on D2 while on D3, they both voted for Sailboat. Paul's vote didn't have much reason to it, but Zero's had a reason that stretched to the previous day. I think Paul could have voted for Sailboat as a means of going by a townie's reasoning; however, conversely, Zero could have made up reasons to mislynch Sailboat. Today, Zero votes for Paul. Going by this, I think they're not aligned with each other which means at least one of them is reasonably a townie.

With regards to what I feel about them individually, it's difficult to put a grip on all of them because of their inactivity which doesn't help us tell much of them.

Paul's not too active, but he's given a level of contribution; he could be genuine, however, he could also have tried to make some of those posts as a means of making it seem like he's contributed something. Zero Passion's had little activity, but they seem to have tried to give their thoughts with regards to specific behavior and posts of certain individuals. Nicki's the same, but she has been cryptic and has had little incentive to contribute which is hard to judge because while it is suspicious independently, there's also the fact that it is uncharacteristic of her to do so if she were mafia. At the same time, I don't really know what to make of her saying that she's busy irl, but appears to be active elsewhere.

With this assessment, I think I'm the most confident with voting for Nicki.

[Vote] Purplecicada

So after Dive posts about about Paul, it looks like he is attempting to keep him on the lynch block even after he said he doesn't see Paul playing as he had as scum. 

Dive does not seem to give me much flak which makes me feel like he was pocketing me because I did not find him suspicious. I don't see why he does not try to rally me to help lynch cicada here, though. 

Dive gives more on cicada here which is partially waffle-like. I can't understand the process for voting cicada here though. What was the difference maker?

Vote: cicada

I have to also agree with Walpurgis' take. 

Dive does not seem to save himself from the lynch last phase (he should have voted paul in this case) and seemed resigned to it. I think he was attempting to vote another mafia partner in order to "clear" himself in case he got to a final three situation and hoped others would follow him. The vote from Dive made no sense at all. 

also

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i targetted paul

and he doesn't have potential to kill...

which doesn't mean much nowthankyou so much for picking psychologist now I'm completely useless

Here is where Paul is "cleared" by Bean

Unfortunately this is a scan on night 2 which means nothing unless it was a guilty scan. If paul were scum, I'd believe they would kill within the first 2 nights. Especially with Dive as scum if he's as good as people make him out to be.