Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Items always irritate me... even smash balls....

Free for alls can also be kinda awk...

I did get a little better at ffa when Playstation Allstars came out due to the only ranking/laddering modes were ffa or 2v2...

But all in all, I will probably only play with items for a week and they go off and stay off XD

Its going to be a bitch to do Lil' Mac's combos or Zone people out with my Psynergy when Olimar's rocket randomly falls on top of my head...

Its Doom's Hidden Missiles all over again...

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER

Prince Marth

main-3.png

I honestly didn't know what to expect this month... but one of my favorite characters?

Cool!

Some of you guys may despise him, but the ladies love him

screen-9-thumb.jpg

Looking damn good in HD

daily-16.jpg

Kinda makes you wonder what Fire Emblem X SMT will look like

screen-1-thumb-3.jpg

Classy poses like always

screen-4-thumb-2.jpg

I SLASH! WITH FEELS!

screen-5-thumb-2.jpg

Poor fox... never approuch Marth Wrecklessly...

screen-6-thumb-1.jpg

Not the first time we Have see him in 3D in Arena Ferox... but without a mask?

screen-10-thumb-1.jpg

Well that's him...now time for Chrom/Ike/Hector/Ephraim/slow but badass fighter. I guess not even the Japan-only ones (Sigurd, Leaf, Roy, Katarina, etc) can't be counted out anymore because of those FE13 DLCs.

I wreck people with Ike in Brawl, so he's definitely one of my faves...it'll be interesting to see what they do next.

Side note: Yay English voice for Marth (maybe)

If his voice is anything like it was in the FE games or his lines anything like in previous smash titles... I say leave it Japanese..

We don't need another hight pitched cocky one liner throwing anime twat going YAYAYAYAYAYA THE FIGHT IS ON!

Also... I actually know what most of his Japanese lines translate into he is always telling his opponents that they "Aren't Good Enough" or they are are "Too Slow"

Edit: someone also pointed out that his sword seems to be smaller, reducing his Hitbox

• Administrators

Well, the official site refers the visitors to the Fire Emblem: Awakening site, so maybe it will be english.

or maybe they just know Shadow Dragon is bad

(subjectively)

((I haven't actually played it))

I am so on board for Lucina or Chrom (preferably Lucina) but Marth is a cool guy when he's not in the fire emblem universe, so I'm fine with this. ...And not surprised at all.

Last 3 Pictures of the day had some interesting stuff! I jus haven't posted them cause a mix between lazy and busy... so let's start with Friday's!

zlCfzRLm1b8NAo6VOg.jpg

Sakurai's Caption was talking about how this version of Marth is based off of his appearence in Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.

Sakurai also said his character model also has some influence from "Newer Fire Emblem Games"... this had me on a couple wild thoughts...

1. The only FE game I know of after Shadow Dragon was Awakening and X-Shin Megami Tensei... is Sakurai holding out on us?

2. I really enjoy how he teased the Arena Ferox stage in his Captions not just on this image but on previous images reguarding the stage using phrases such as;

"This looks familair"

"There is a Panel of this stage in the 3ds Mii Plaza!"

He also refuses to say whether the Boxing Ring stage is a reference to Punch Out!! Tekken, or just a new original stage design... he has actually said absolutely nothing reguarding it....

/me "waits for Chrom and Lil' Mac to be announced"

3. Damn that cape is pretty

daily-18.jpg

DBZ Character Confir-- **shot** first image of our 4th anounced ingame item the Capsule following The Smash Ball(SSBB), the X Bomb(KI:U), Olimars Ship (Pikmin 3), and now the original Capsule based off of Japanese Gachapon machines... kinda wanna know what's inside...

I severely doubt we will get any anime character whatsoever

zlCfzRL9MH88bZr7t8.jpg

Lastly we have Link's and Marth's "Slash" Animations... take note on how Marth's Slash animation Emphasizes the Tip of his Blade...

Speaking of Link, Sakurai mentioned in a previous caption that Link's down Air now Spikes, just like how Toon Link's did in Brawl!

By "newer games" he probably meant Shadow Dragon's japan-only sequel (looks more like Marth from that game; might just be the emblem on his shoulder).

The boxing arena, hell, there's also the possibility of a Kirby reference, since it's in a boxing ring where Kirby fights Dedede in Dream Land / Super Star.

Only contradiction to that is that there is humanoid sillouettes in the background watching your fight... hence the Tekken/Punch Out!! Possibility...

In that Kirby Boss Fight Waddle Dees watched you fight...

The stage also shares a lot of the characteristics that the final boxing ring in the Wii's Punch Out!! Such as same color floor emblem, Faceless sillouettes, choices of colors, and a big ass Jumpotron TV in the background

also, didn't know there was a sequel to Shadow Dragon...

For some kind of reference...

screen-8-thumb.jpg

screen-3-thumb-1.jpg

screen-1-thumb-1.jpg

screen-4-thumb-1.jpg

True.

anyway, NEW STAGE

Smash_Bros_Galaxy.jpg

oohh...Mario Galaxy in HD looks pretty

The way they're talking about the stage, it seems like it's going to feel way different as gravity is going to mess you up big time (like playstyle-altering mindfuck)...but I won't make any assumptions.

SonvaBitch Ninja'd me but ya, this stage is called Mario Galaxy instead of the one I predicted before: Comet Observatory.

As Shanco stated above this stage has somme unique physics. Much like the game itself; the stage is round and gravity shifts toward the center.

zlCfzRMJy9APSdORn5.jpg

Sakurai has been a little more generous with information after Marth's release...

Here is yester day's Pic

zlCfzRMFuq8bwDCoB9.jpg

D'aaaaaw! This is actually a picture of Pikachu on the 3ds version! Sakurai mentioned a while back that the thick outline around the characters can be increased or minimized to your liking. This is the line on the thinest setting.

OMG I CAUGHT A FAIRY!

zlCfzRMBmjUc8FGmON.jpg

Sakurai posted this pic talking about how this is the Villiger's grab Animation... interesting,mm wonder how it will play out

Guys, are you even looking at the center of the boxing arena? There's a smash bros. logo. That's probably one of the "Battlefield" stages of this generation. It's most likely not a reference to any stage, though it still retains similarities.

The symbol changes depending on the Belt being contested for, in this instance its the Super Smash Bros Championship...

Though it has the smash logo, everything else is simmular to the Punch out "Title Belt" symbol

Today's pic is kinda interesting, I believe that this is a different variation of the Arena Ferox stage from Fire emblem Awakening. There are some familiar looking statues that you would recognize from Brawl... I don't want to get my hopes up... but I am also getting some Golden Sun Vibes off of this stage... QQ

daily-14.jpg