Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

Characters I feel have a good chance for smash 4...

i had this discussion in main chat and SU...

Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

Shulk1.png

#1 from Wonderful 101

wiiuw101char01wp.jpg

Dillon from Rolling West

Dillon_the_Last_Ranger_artwork.png

Beyonetta

Bayonetta-2.jpg

Pac-Man

290336-pac-man-1980.jpg

Matthew from Golden Sun

Matthew-Artwork2.png

Lil' Mac from Punch Out!!

littlemacWorld.jpg

Ridley from Metriod

Modea15_080317awk04.jpg

Palutena from Kid Icarus

25980813_m1.jpg

Chrom from Fire Emblem

tumblr_mni6ajUmHE1s11cq4o1_1280.jpg

Mewthree from Pokemon

Mewtwo_New_Form.jpg

Your Mii

nintendo_miis.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

Well... New-ish...

Olimar From Pikmin has been confirmed to be returning to the Super Smash Bros Roster!

Things to note...

A. He has been seeing usingsame Pikmin combination that he used in Brawl... so nothing Pikmin 3 flavored...

B. All of Screen shots are on the Wii U version... is Olimar going to be a console exclusive?

C. Olimar is seen Fighting on what appears to be a new stage based off of Pikmin 3

D. Olimar has a whistle built into his helmet

E. Every Image has Olimar with no more than 3 Pikmin...

I heard 3 theories.... well... revolving the 3 pikmin thing...

1. Balancing

2. They may have changed Olimar's Up B to Flight Pikmin, so he doesn't need to carry 6 pikmin

3. The dev team is currently having issues implementing characters like Olimar, Zelda, and Ice Climbers into the 3DS version, so thethe 3 pikmin thing may have been done to "dumb" down Oli

@mael: that is the obvious answer ha ha, but the fact that the team may potentially be having issues with getting Oli to work on the 3ds version... he migh t be an exclusive

Also, Sakurai said that he announced Oli today because Pikmin 3 is coming out in Japan tomorrow...

Which makes me wonder... will Sakurai. Announce anything for the release of Wonderful 101 orPokemon X and Y?

They should replace Rob with Genesect. Probably still have the same laser ability and maybe incorporate some moves like Iron Head and stuff. T'would be fun, but unlikely.

To be honest, I really don't care about any of the Soul Caliber or Tekken characters at all. If none were included, I would be okay with that. But they did have that thing in SC2 where they put Link into their game. They probably feel it's time to cash in that on that crossover favor.

DO NOT WANT MII'S IN THERE. They're terrible caricatures of people. Go away.

Sakurai wants more classic characters in there? Put Boo in there (so we can make hacked textures of Gengar for it).

If Wario disappeared, that would be ok by me.

They'll probably include lots of gen 5 and maybe even gen 6 pokemon to attack from pokeballs.

RoB for genosect?

I like this idea, but from what I have seen, sakurai doesn't want to overpoppulate the game with characters from the Same IP, he doesn't want to have a million bajillion Mario, zelda or Pokemon Reps, so he would probably pick Rob for the Diversity of Franchises.

Adding Jin or Siegfred to the game is likely, but we will most likely see Pac-man and some kind of tales of rep for team namco...

For tales of reps I am thinking Llyod, Luke, or Yuri

Miis are ew... buuuuut.... deal with it? Its going to happen, I am surprised they were not in brawl...

Classic Characters?

Lil mac has the best chance,

1. He fits in perfectly

2. He is highly requested

3. He has a stage confirmed for the game

A lot of people are asking for Mach Rider, Excitabike, and Takamaru for "classic" characters

I wouldn't be surprised if wario stayed... people DID like him

Gen 5 and 6 pokemon? Most likely, as for Playable I am putting money on Red, Mewthree and now Jigglypuff...

I always thought jiggly was a wasted slot... buuuuut after reading more into the game... I realized that for some damned reason... people like her and main her and would be sad if she were to be gone...

Terrible people really...

But they're trolls and between Melee and Brawl they were like 'fuck what the fans want we're gonna give you: jiggly-puff, wario, game and watch, rob, dr. mario, another star fox character, and get rid of Mewtwo and Roy'

And then they decided to do the unexpected read as troll and add in the fitness trainer.

Nintendo don't give a shit what fans want. anybody remember that gen 3 remake? me neither

I honestly think the WFT (Wii Fitness Trainer) is a move towards advertisement and Marketing...

From what I remember... People actually were asking for Wario...

as for GnW, ROB, and Doc...those guys are random... I don't mind GnW though... he is kinda cool... and last i checked... you sub main him :P

and what i said towards Jiggly... Horrible terrible people like and want her... god... that sounds worse than i just stated

ROB though... i kinda predicted him back in brawl days...

Sure, I play GnW, but no one ever really asked for him. And they kept him in and he was pretty good in Brawl.

Fitness Trainer is really the ROB of this SSB. Just out of nowhere but it seems like it totally works.

Also... Dry Bowser needs to be a legit skin at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Story mode has had another couple sharp objects thrown into it to confirm it's death...

Also Sakurai confirmed that there will be a customization option that can alter a character's performance... though not much has been said as to what...

Lastly, a new stage for the 3ds version based off of Kid Icarus Uprising has been revealed...

And another screen shot with Olimar only sporting THREE pikmin...

Also a silly new attack for the Villiger has been shown

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Chrom from Fire Emblem Awaking has a high chance of getting. And Awaking is tied with Chrono Trigger for best game ever IMO so i'm rooting for Chrom.

I've never played Chrono Trigger but I never thought I'd end up madly agreeing with you in anything (no offense <3)

The only way I think it could be better is if they used Lucina instead c:

Actually there is a hint in the smash 4 trailer for Chrom and Lil Mac....

There is a stage based off of Arena Ferox, and a boxing ring that looks a lot like the world championship ring from the wii version of punch out....

The reason why I call these hints is because the original smash bros brawl trailer had a glimpse of the fire emmblem path to radiance stage, which hinted ike.

Also, rotomfan, if you read my previous posts you would know that I predict that Chrom will replace ike and Lucina will replace Marth

It was actually mentioned more in the nintendo direct topic.

But more importantly: Nobody cares about Luigi. =D

He could use some new moves to make him more exciting/appealing, but from all the screenshots, it doesn't look like his moves are changing at all.

Luigi isn't changing from what I have seen...

Only characters that seem to be changing in some way are Link, Samus, Pit, and Olimar....

Lastly of course Bowser is changing... he looks like a completly new character!

I think he entered a secret training camp hosted by Godzilla and Hulk Hogan

Bowser not only has better running speed, but new faster normals, dat dropkick :D

Link is being reworked to be more "toon link flavored" all we know so far is that his spin slash rapid hits now

Samus's forward smash now has a much larger hitbox and more epic animation

Olimar can only carry 3 pikmin instead of 6

And pit has some of his specals changed around to reflect kid icarus uprising

Keep in mind that these changes are not set in stone

• 3 weeks later...