Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dabuz (Rosalina) won the tournament.

Fatality (Captain Falcon) was 2nd, T (Link) was 3rd, Captain Zack (Bayonetta) 4th.

5th place is shared by Kirihara (Rosalina) and Marss (Zero Suit Samus).

7th shared by Locus (Ryu) and HIKARU (Donkey Kong).

• 1 month later...

While I haven't been much here, my Shulk has shown a lot of improvement to that it's closely level to my Sonic/Falco at the moment. And my view on him has changed more both ways.

Shulk is a mid tier, maybe mid high tier when I thought he was low tier. His results has been better, he has actually stupid tools and mostly lose to top tiers while he can compete against high tiers. Fox, Bayonetta and Diddy is a pain in the ass.

He is more defensivie character than aggresivie wise imo. Not only because of the slow start up, and biggest range. It is his monados arts rewards him to be more defensivie.

The best example is Shield + Jump art. 

Sheild for just stay alive --> Jump, to jump around the stage(no one except pit can punish him in air) til sheild art is recovered and switch back. Kiling a Shulk would be at 150% normally. Pretty dumb, but it works sadly.

I think Shulk is not a hard character to learn and use. He can have that unfeeling to play because of his slow startup, especially when your characters has fast start up. But after using him in few weeks, fundamentals and monado knowledge is all you really need. You don't need to learn all of Shulk's techs. Most of his techs are just situastional mixups and the strict timing makes it inconsistent. Only MALLC is truly the thing shulk can use in neutral. Even then, MALLC isn't always needed. Nicko is the best example to show that shulk doesn't need to super technical and fundamentals is all you ever need. Nicko is also one of the best Shulk in the world, if not the best. Nicko and Kome is arguably imo.

Just some thought about Shulk and I felt posting here :P