Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

time to body that fool :^ )

overall from the recent sets with pyrr I have to say I'm the better player slightly right now, after a couple games warming up to playing on wii u our games are pretty even but I have the edge playing a top tier/basically solo maining them (it's insane that I have ~200 hours playing just bayo) while pyrr is more of a jack of all trades in terms of characters

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Yoooooooooo.

As mentioned before, popular demand has dictated that the next iteration of the Smash 4 Power Rankings not be left in limbo, so alas, here it is.

There's a lot more data to go off of this time than the last - three events (counting Summer Struggle Wii U / 3DS separately), loads of friendlies, a number of replays, and even some out of region results for a handful of folks. This made this iteration of the Power Rankings much easier to conceive than the last - well, until I realized DD and Pyrrhon needed to fight for #1. Some fresh blood on the PR, some returning veterans busting out strong secondaries - it's very heartwarming to see the game being played so broadly and so competitively. Of course, not everyone can share the stage of history, so the top 5 and HMs have been handpicked ever so carefully using the forementioned factors.

And without further ado, here it is.

XN3mEXU.jpg

1. Dark Desire (Bayonetta / Corrin / Pittoo) - After heavy dedication to his main of Bayonetta, Dark Desire has asserted his reign over the Reborn Smash community. Victories in tournaments on both platforms are huge for his ranking, reaching heights with Bayonetta where the crutch of a secondary is no longer needed. Most notably, he nearly went the entire Spirit of EVO tournament without losing a single stock until he ran into Abbey Street in Grand Finals. Definitely someone who deserves some offline exposure should he ever find an opportunity.
  2. Pyrrhon (Luigi / Shulk / Kirby) - The poster boy for consistency, Pyrrhon took the Summer Struggle's Wii U side without much of a...er, struggle, and went head to head with Dark Desire on the 3DS side. His Luigi is very strong, with the secondaries to back it up. His no-show at Spirit of EVO led to him losing his title to Dark Desire, but with potential for more events in the not so distant future, there's no doubt that Pyrrhon will return to claim what once belonged to him and his crazy-ass Luigi.
  3. Abbey Street (Roy / Ganondorf / Lucina) - Despite being surpassed by Dark Desire to go alongside a switch of mains, Abbey Street stays the middle of the rankings. With results both online and offline, and being able to easily handle horrible matchups using mediocre characters, Abbey was a prime candidate for #2 but Pyrrhon has consistently run a truck through him in games outside of tourneys. Losing terribly to Maelstrom at Summer Struggle didn't help his standing either, but he remains a force who can still hold his own against the vast majority of the community.
  4. Maelstrom (Corrin / Ike) - Maelstrom snuck into the rankings after impressive performances on both platforms on which the Summer Struggle was held, resorting to Corrin as well as his classic Ike. Despite his results being arguably inferior to OmegaRa1der's, he has better wins in those tournaments, including a convincing victory over Abbey Street. Like Pyrrhon, his secondaries are also very strong, including Ike, DK and Mewtwo. A first-place finish at a future event is anything but out of the question.
  5. OmegaRa1der (Ganondorf / Cloud) - After tutelage from fellow Canadian Ganondorf players like Kosk and Abbey Street, OmegaRa1der has finally garnered notable results. He has racked up his fair share of quick, decisive victories using both Ganon and Cloud, enough to leapfrog both FraRPetO and Godot. His performances against Dark Desire and Pyrrhon, however, haven't been the greatest, but given the work he's put in so far with his characters of choice, we're eagerly awaiting the next time he joins an event.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

• FraRPetO - despite some noteworthy victories his results still fall short of the top 5. His Marth has reportedly shown a lot of promise, so maybe if he puts in a little more work on this character, he can get his PR spot back.
  • Godot - Godot's only recent result was a disappointing 5th at Spirit of EVO, so for the large part his fall from grace can be attributed to inactivity. Don't ever write him off, though, as his Yoshi and Duck Hunt are the stuff of nightmares.
  • Felix the Cat - A second place finisher at Summer Struggle's 3DS end, Felix has yet to prove himself with his true main - R.O.B., which was banned from said event. Future events will promise to give Felix ample opportunity.

Again, if you're not here, or even if you are, we want ya to come out and play us! We're always down to fight some fresh blood (or returning veterans). There isn't a shortage of people to play here on both systems, so if you're really feeling it, go ahead and give us a challenge.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not more than two months so I can post here.

Anyway I'll say now Smash 4 metagame is very inconsistent. A hella inconsistent.

And I've been playing my local and got really good result, top 5 at it. Happy bout it :)

As well going to ecplise 2, fell into pools with getting 3th at my pool rip. Playing 3ds can give you lag input which sucks, but was my first time playing faraway at my country. So I'm happy enough.

And I dropped from falco to shulk so Sonic&Shulk dual main.

I hope I can get a switch if they habee sm4sh ported. Then Wii u another option maybe.

1 hour ago, Shing'n Streets said:

Anyway I'll say now Smash 4 metagame is very inconsistent. A hella inconsistent.

And I've been playing my local and got really good result, top 5 at it. Happy bout it :)

As well going to ecplise 2, fell into pools with getting 3th at my pool rip. Playing 3ds can give you lag input which sucks, but was my first time playing faraway at my country. So I'm happy enough.

I hope I can get a switch if they habee sm4sh ported. Then Wii u another option maybe.

Eclipse 2, eh? Did you meet a ganon player whose tag was Vaataji? I know him from the ganon discord.

2 hours ago, Shing'n Streets said:

its pretty much guaranteed at this point that the switch will get a sm4sh port, but it's likely that the wii u will still be the optimal choice for tournys since you won't be able to use gc controllers on it and all the input lag of using so many of the switch pro controllers in a small setting  

Sorry to interrupt your discussions and all, but as someone who wants to expand into the fighting genre and who has never played any iteration of Smash before, what advice would you guys recommend for a base level newbie like me? I'm planning on getting the game (3DS Version, cause I'm a pleb who doesn't use consoles over PC) over XMas, and I've watched several tutorials as well as numerous tournament matchups so far. Outside of things like the tier list, what things should I focus on or learn when I start the game and begin experimenting with characters?

1 hour ago, PrimeMehster said:

Sorry to interrupt your discussions and all, but as someone who wants to expand into the fighting genre and who has never played any iteration of Smash before, what advice would you guys recommend for a base level newbie like me? I'm planning on getting the game (3DS Version, cause I'm a pleb who doesn't use consoles over PC) over XMas, and I've watched several tutorials as well as numerous tournament matchups so far. Outside of things like the tier list, what things should I focus on or learn when I start the game and begin experimenting with characters?

first major lesson is to not use smash attacks all the time. Basic A button combos and tilts do great damage too and can lead into combos that will net you much more damage than that smash. Plus, you'll get punish pretty hard for spamming smash attacks.

Definitely sit there and do 3 stock matches against cpu's at the beginning. Start with the characters you like the most, then start going through the roster. Then go back and play around with the characters that actually seemed to fit your style the most. Polish them up a bit, then try out the others. Even if you aren't good with them, getting to know their capabilities better will really help you figure out how to fight them with your mains.

And play against people. Many times you won't know how good a character can be until they stomp you with moves and combos you didn't expect.

12 hours ago, PrimeMehster said: