Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps it's just me, but EVO felt...anticlimactic. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of Ally for winning it, but everything about it just felt unaccommodating. The entire set-up felt rushed and it looked like EVO just didn't particularly care about Smash 4.

Melee top 8 was pretty hype tho.

>Ganon, Lucina and kirbs all bottom tier

>Rob low tier

>Bowser above Ganon

>Palutena in high tier only because zero lost one set

>Zelda above Ganon

>Gren and Yoshi below Palutena.

That bottom part is really fucking cringy tbh. Top half looks alright, then I look at the bottom and want to hurt Dabuz

thoughts on dabuz's tier list? the first 4 columns look fine but then it just goes to shit after

2f8890ed74a94a3c88f0a09cfda49ebf.png

Dabuz's PlayStation Allstars Tierlisrs are way better than all of his smash 4 tier lists imo.

This list isn't that bad tbh. Not great, but not bad.

Junior is kinda outclassed in almost everything that he does by another character.

That being said he still has his quirks, such as mixups and some inexplicably dumb attacks in terms of how safe they are. The reason Junior beats any top player (like Trela) is because they simply fail to respect this and the other weird shit that Junior has.

bowser jr has so many things wrong with him: he probably has the second worst recovery in the game for how easy it is to gimp it, his neutral is ass since you can just safely shield all his moves and his grab being garbage makes it tough on him, and he has the worst neutral special in the game

Ganon Punch is kind of bad but at least has some niche uses, such as the ability to kill some of the cast in one hit. Super armor makes it a good punish on some moves and a read for others.

Ganondorf in my personal opinon is actually top of the low tiers along with Doc because they both have good enough frame data to support you but bad enough to learn how to use the moves without get punished. My Ganondorf was just sheer result of learning how to read and learn the opponent. I use cloud against sword and combo heavy characters that can slip past ganon's range. Mario for MUs that can both gimp Cloud and Ganon like for an example ROB, Samus if she plays her bombs and missiles right, MegaMan, and Sheik.

Ganon actually does alright against ROB due to how bulllshit aerial Flame Choke is on him. Ganon alsp massively outranges, forcing ROB to rely on his laser and gyro. And with a gyro in hand, Ganon gets an instant shield break.

I dunno where to put Doc on the tier list honestly. He has some pretty bad matchups amongst the high tiers, but hard-counters ZSS and Corrin, in addition to beating Fox and Villager and maybe post-patch Bayonetta. He does have major issues against heavies as well, so Ike, Cloud and Ganon are all hell for him.

• 2 weeks later...

tfw you pull off a sick 40-death combo out of witch time but forgot to save the replay feelsbadman

its funny how post patch bayo hated platforms because they messed up your 0-death combos but now with post patch, you can set up death combos out of witch time just by reverse up airing characters into the blast zone with them and since you can't DI out of witch time all these death combos are true

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. I figured I've kept you all in the dark too long about the tourney that was supposed to happen this past weekend. I'm posting here rather than in the tourney hub because I want it to be strictly for signups n results n shit like that.

The reason for the cancellation (a rather unnanounced one, mind you) was for a couple of reasons.

First off, TONS of unforeseen circumstances were encountered this past weekend. TONS. Work called me in, had to prep for school, car's transmission got fucked, a whooole bunch of things. I had entertained asking OmegaRa1der to run it in my stead but couldn't reach out to him in time.

The second reason is, as many of you could have guessed, not enough entrants. Only three people were confirmed tovbe able to attend by Saturday. I think that one's on me, so I'll take another look into the circumstances behind the low attendance, and go from there so that the next one can be as enjoyable as possible.

So, where does that leave the PR? This strictly-for-fun-turned-somewhat-serious PR?

It was initially planned to be after this one + one more open roster event, but I'm pretty confident that I can craft the next PR right now using what information I've got, but there's one small problem. The information that I have would suggest that Pyrrhon and Dark Desire are practically deadlocked at the #1 spot.

To settle this, Pyrrhon and Dark Desire will play a Best-of-5 match to determine who gets the #1 spot. This set can be played just between the two of them (with no Judge spectating) as long as the end result is agreed upon by both parties, but the results will be sent to me in private. I've got the rest of it figured out from there, but you can always play myself and the other peeps and share your results (preferably by YouTube replay), which means you still have a pretty decent chance to change your fate before the final PR is determined.

Hope this clears things up! It's hella late for me at the moment so I'll end the post here. If you guys have any questions about any of this, feel free to ask via PM or on Discord.