Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

So how do you get good when your only practice is at a friends house 3-4 times a week and you commonly attend events with good players in them. (Squerk, Puppeh, SOVA Unknown)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So how do you get good when your only practice is at a friends house 3-4 times a week and you commonly attend events with good players in them. (Squerk, Puppeh, SOVA Unknown)

play lots of frienlies w/ the good people at events. LOTS.

Still a better sheik than you.

He doesn't even really play sheik that much anymore.

Fucking roasted.

Anyway, I've been playing loads of low tiers lately practicing for the tournament and have realized something. I'm better at playing pretty much any low tier character than most high tier characters. Maybe I just need to buy Mewtwo and Cloud to change all of that.

i haven't seen him play for a couple months but i wouldn't be surprised if he plays cloud now, but the options and punishes he does on sheik are super weird and un-optimal, i probably could match him pre-patch even when i rarely touched the character

Mah boi is still at the bottom of high tier. Never dropping this dude.

I've only got one mid tier character in my repertoire that I regularly play technically two, but that sexy spanish guitar

Was originally going to have Morton as a secondary, but just took too much effort to learn and I couldn't get results.

He is a bit fruity. He does have a cloud but he also has both Kongs as backups. He rarely busts out Sheik in TGS.

He said he'll be attending Xanadu more frequently due to Summer. Met him in person. Kinda a fortunate kid.

EDIT: Actually, him and SOVA Unknown are playing in Xanadu right now. Puppeh beat RAIN off-stream whilst SOVA Unknown bested Umeki.

Well, I recently got back into following the Sm4sh competitive scene. Part of that includes me playing a bit of it myself and, after messing with the roster for a few days trying to get my groove back, I've come to the conclusion that I cannot play light and quick characters for anything...except for Cloud, but everybody has a Cloud so...

For now, I'll be taking a (kinda) harder road to learning the game and sticking it out with DDD. He just feels a lot better to use than just about anyone else on the roster for me right now.

I generally face the same problem as some other people around here tho: I don't really have a good way to get better. My nearest local is probably a little over an hour away and none of my friends will probably ever take playing a game competitively seriously. My internet sucks, so methods like Anther's Ladder and such are kind of out of the question. I guess, for right now at least, I'm S.O.L.

Pretty silly match me and mael had that ended up deciding my victory over the wii u tournament today. Shoutout to Videogamer and his amazing Robin for almost taking me out round 1.

Pretty silly match me and mael had that ended up deciding my victory over the wii u tournament today. Shoutout to Videogamer and his amazing Robin for almost taking me out round 1.

Why the hell were you spamming fsmash, lmao

Oh, I also bought Mewtwo and Corrin on Wii U today. Not buying anymore trash tier 5.99 pay2win characters : ^)

Also, tfw the remix of Lost in Thoughts All Alone OH MY GOD IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD <<<<3333333333333333