Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

every video i managed to find on the megaman trailer glitched/lagged out at the end where he's doing some kind of final smash. I'm kinda disappointed they went with original series megaman, but it's not bad. his normal megabuster shots didn't seem to phase anyone one bit.

And yeah, I noticed the drop kick thing too. I don't think I like it nearly as much as you do.

I didn't notice the Buster thing til you mentioned it...

And you'll dislike that dropkick more! When its in your stupid Fat Monkey's gut D:<

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I'm kinda disappointed they went with original series megaman, but it's not bad.

Same, but that's only because I feel like one of the X-series megaman models would look a lot cooler

http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Neutral_Armor

the palette swaps would be amazing and I'd use the Ultimate Armor all day

I'm not sure if I want to get a Wii-U just for this though, even though that's basically all I have a Wii for as it is

EDIT: not worth a new post-

2. This debunks my theory of Marth being replaced by Lucina

NOOOOOOOOOO ):

The infinitly better in every way shape and form GG

Gossip Godot is back... with well... more news...

Sakurai, leader of project sora, one of the devs for the game...

Had shown off a piece of concept art on his Twitter page...

On the art you can see the following...

Zero Suit Samus readying her gun

Metaknight flying alongside Luigi doing his side B attack

Marth Posing with his sword, with a random Pikmin by his side

Wario... being Wario...

And Mr. Saturn Waddling around

1. Olimar and Ness are more than likely to make a comeback

2. This debunks my theory of Marth being replaced by Lucina

"Here comes a new challenger"

Wii Fitness Instructor confirmed and shown off... no seriously... this is what happens when people cry for more female characters...

1. The trailer starts off with Link, Mario, and Kirby Playing the wii fit... and the trainer comes in and shows them how its done.

2. Her tilts and normals are different Yoga Poses and stretches, which kinda reminded me of how phoenix wright presents himself in UMvC3

3. Her Mobility is holy crap... just holy crap... she really is fit

4. Her final smash involves her summoning various sillouettes swarming the stage.

5. Sakurai you troll... what seems like a joke character... actually seems really powerful and OP, the Trainer looks like what fighting game peoples call "a sleeper"

A Sleeper is what you call a character no one likes or doesn't want to use who is secretly OP as all holy hell and people don't know until they go to tournements...

Here are some examples...

Smash Bros: Zero Suit Samaus, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Wario

Playstation Allstars: the Fat Princess

Marvel vs Capcom: MODOK

am i the only one that watched the smash brothers direct thing?

anyways i can confirm a few things....

1. after watching an actual match in a different thing (not the smash brothers direct) it was a match of Megaman vs mario... i saw no tripping during the match, though can't judge the speed of it myself.

2. Yes the villager can throw whatever you throw at him, he can grab a missle that shot at him, then throw it back... and that energy ball.

3. Bowser Confirmed for Drop Kick.... BOWSER IS NOW TIER ONE

4. the outlines for the characters are there mostly for the reason cause of the 3DS being a smaller screen so they thought it would be best to outline said characters so you would have a better time seeing them.

5. Pit confirmed for new moveset based off of Kid Icaris uprising.. like a Dual shield, that block both ends... though not sure how it works...

6. 3DS and Wii U versions are gonna have differnt arenas based off which version, so the nintendogs stage will be on the 3DS version along with Spirit Tracks, and Wii U will have ones that were on the console games, like the Wii Fit stage and Megaman stage showen

also... FEAR THE VILLAGER... HE WILL STEAL YOUR SOUL.
fed.png

Edit: Developers direct if i confuse you with Direct.

Double Edit: seems i was ninja'd with the Developers direct video

not any more...

Both versions have exclusive stages... battle field is different on both games

3ds stages

Kakario Village: LoZ Twilight Princess

The train from Spirit tracks

A stage from super mario land 3d

A stage from donkey kong country returns 3d

Nintendogs

Ferox Arena: Fire Emblem Awakening

Wii U stages

Skyloft: LoZ Skyward Sword

Dr. Wily's Castle from Megaman 2

Smashville: Animal Crossing New Leaf

Wii Fit Gymnasium

Fighting Ring: May potentially be Tekken

Character changes!

Bowser:

Charcter Model, Moveset, and Fighting Stance adjusted to make Bowser look and feel more Powerful

Bowser has 3 new normals a low kick tilt, a Smashing Dropkick, and a jumping spin slash

Link:

Made to resemble the Wii U LoZ tech demo... maybe a sprite for a future game?

Samaus:

Her suit was changed to resemble her appearance in Other M

Pit:

Has a new smashing uppercut and a full body shielding ability... made to resemble some of the stuff he did in Kid Icarus Uprising

Villager:

Fights using his Umbrella, sling shot and bug net

He can dig pitfall seeds or simply use his shovel to bury people alive and set up some awesome combo oppurtunities

Has a spiking Bowling ball attack,

has a slow moving Tree attack, which seems useful for zoneing or edge hogging

Has a pretty basic looking running Pot attack

The most interesting thing this guy can do is based off of a silly assuption I made earlier XD

The villiger can Pick up items and store them for later use!

He can also pick up projectiles, store them away, and use them when they seem necissary... holy crap :o

Wii Fit Trainer:

Her moveset is designed to make her look healthy

Her final smash is called Wii are Fit!

Megaman:

This guy will have little to offer in physical attacks, most of his moveset is built around projectiles

Mega can use his Mega buster to shoot small projectiles, he can also jump and run around as he shoots them. Hiis charged Mega Buster is his Forward Smash attack

His up and down smash is that flame spire attack he uses in the cinematic trailer, and his upwards electric discharge

He can pull out and throw Metalman's discs in a variety of ways

If Mega throws the disc towards the floor, people can pick it up and use it themselves

His Crash Bomb has a sticky effect, and can detach to whovever the opponent tags, kinda like the Goody Bomb in Brawl

Mega's Sword, Claw, and Hard Knuckle attacks are Megaman's air neutral, forward, and down attacks

Lastly Sakurai will be posting photos of more gameplay 5 times a week

Bump!

Got some news and a question for you guys...

First let's start with the news!

1. Tripping No longer exists! Praise Arceus

2. The Wii U Gamepad cannot be used as a controller!

3. Gamecube Controller Ports are being created for the game!

4. There are no plans for DLC... some of you guys might be saying yay, but I say Nay...

Because this game doesn't have dlc that means that we are going to have to wait longer for the release of the game.. :/

5. Speaking of game releases, the 3ds version will be taking longer to be released...

Apparently the devs are having difficulty implementing characters that give you control of more than one character, Ice Climbers were used as an example...

Now my question...

We have several game conferences coming up, nintendo doesn't often make an appearance... but for smash... they might make an exception to announce new characters and stages :D

The next conferences are Evo, San Diego Comic-con, PAX-west, and Gamescon....

Who do you guys think will be announced next?

I am not asking who you want to be in the game, but who do you think they will tell us about next

My money is on Yoshi, Ness, C. Falcon, Olimar, and Chrom, maybe #1 from Wonderful 101

I have a sneaking suspicion that Chrom is not going to be in the game. I could think of several other characters that are more deserving of another look.

- Shiida (loc. Caeda) is one of my leading suspicions because she plays such a massive role in the Fire Emblem series. She also fights on foot in FE3, js

- Speaking of Shiida, I would expect to see Marth next as well.

- #1 is a farfetched idea, IMO.

- Toad's rumored to have superhuman strength, so I would not be surprised if he gets announced and stops being Peach's little bitch.

- I'm expecting a character from a Square Enix game with the advent of Fortune Street and Mario Sports Mix. Most likely candidate is a Dragon Quest character, but Geno isn't totally out of the realm of possibilities

PS I typed this from my phone so forgive me if this looks kinda messy.

It would be big if SE had a character in the game

For 3rd party, I am expecting to see Sega, Ubisoft, and Namco more

Thinking about it logically...

Smash 4 will most likely make their appearance at...

Evo, because for the first time ever, they are adding super smash bros Melee to their line up, a Party Brawler has never been to Evo before

Gamescon, because Gamescon is the e3 of Europe, Comicon and PAX are us based and are usually chosen more for american based devs... nintendo never really made an appearance at these cons

Tokyo Game Show, TGS is the e3 of Japan... and they will Definitely be here!

Also keep in mind of the Nintendo Directs that seem to come monthly, I think evo, gamescon, and TGS will be used to announce 3rd party... while the Directs will announce 1st party.

Being that this game doesn't intend to have dlc, I believe that the game will have unlockable characters...

So we may not hear about characters like Luigi, Falco, Mewtwo, Marth and more til the release

I am predicting

Namco Rep at Evo, I wanna say tekken... but will most likely be pac-man

Ubisoft Rep at Games con, definitly without a doubt, Rayman

Sega rep at Tgs, most likely sonic, but maybe Beyonnetta

Evo is this month, gamescon is in august, and tgs is in sept

Caeda? How many people outside Japan know Caeda? Might as well bring Marth back instead. I'd be okay with Lucina in SSB instead.

I really don't know about #1 or Bayonetta either. But I couldn't even guess as to which square enix character they would use.

I want mewtwo, ganon, Ike, and lucas back.

Caeda? How many people outside Japan know Caeda?

How many people knew who Lucas was? At least Caeda has two int'l games (Shadow Dragon, Awakening).

Also, in the Pokemon Department, I wouldn't be surprised to see Lucario make a return. I like that jackal.

Square enix is too money tight imo... it would be... shocking if they added a char from that franchise...

As for Megaman... I totally called him...

My list of 3rd party is

Megaman Classic

Rayman

Sonic the Hedgehog

Beyonetta

Jin Kazama

Pac-man

Lloyd Irving...

I am dropping Konami from the picture... so I dunno if snake and Gabriel will be in the game... though they might...

As for pokemon, I have my money on

Pikachu

Red

New Form Mewtwo

As for FE,

Marth

Chrom

(Roy, Ike, and Lucina will be alternate costumes for Marth and Chrom)

I heard someone mention that the "my unit" character from FE:A should be in the game... I honestly think that would be cool

#1 is a new Nintendo IP... so I think that he is definitly gonna make it in...

Also I heard someone Mention Xenoblade Chronnicles... wouldn't be surprised if a character from that made it into the game too...

And nintendo jus announced a new ip labeled X

I also think Dixie Kong and Lil Mac have a strong chance of making it in

I think Toon Link, ROB, Wolf, Lucario, Ike, Jiggly, and snake will get the boot

And ps... lucas has a huge Cult Following... jus saiyin

the my unit character would be friggin awesome. As long as it's not that little kid version.

And I'm kinda hoping not for Lloyd cuz he's kind of annoying.

They'd have to pull a lot of moves out of their asses to include pacman.

I could easily see Rayman fighting and fitting in, but he's not a character I care about in the least.

They'd actually kinda have to work hard to make Jin fight and not feel like a bland fighter or captain falcon. But he can do demon form for final smash pretty easy.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Chrom is not going to be in the game. I could think of several other characters that are more deserving of another look.

- Shiida (loc. Caeda) is one of my leading suspicions because she plays such a massive role in the Fire Emblem series. She also fights on foot in FE3, js

- Speaking of Shiida, I would expect to see Marth next as well.

- #1 is a farfetched idea, IMO.

- Toad's rumored to have superhuman strength, so I would not be surprised if he gets announced and stops being Peach's little bitch.

- I'm expecting a character from a Square Enix game with the advent of Fortune Street and Mario Sports Mix. Most likely candidate is a Dragon Quest character, but Geno isn't totally out of the realm of possibilities

PS I typed this from my phone so forgive me if this looks kinda messy.

The problem is that the games Sheeda come from aren't very well received (Shadow Dragon wasn't the most popular game, and neither was FE12 in Japan). Marth is there becasue he's a staple character, but Sheeda? Considering she isn't even THE main character of the game, a thing Nintendo seems to support, I'd find it far more likely that a character from Awakening, a game that sold tons of copies on it's release, to be taken a character from. I would suspect either the Tactician (aka Robin) or Chrom.

I would agree, but character art containing Marth was posted by sakurai on his twitter

And Jin would be kinda like how including sonic, snake, and Megaman...

Different

In this game characters suffer from hitstun... which allows you to perform small combos

Jin would be full of combo chains and contain wave dashes in his move set

He would also be a character happier on the ground then the air...

And when you think "how would they impliment his chains?

Think of Marth and Roy's Down B... lots of those

Snake has all sorts of projectiles to choose and use.

Megaman writes itself.

Sonic I think was harder. Almost every single one of his moves is a variant of spinning.

Although if Jin does his energy ball things like in TvSF then it might actually work...

Here is a mock moveset I made on the bus... what is in parentesis is the actual buttons you press in his original game

A: 12 punch into kick (lp,rp,lk)

F tilt: Straight Kick (rk)

F Smash: charged Body blow he always has (d+lp)

D Tilt: Low quick kick (crouching lk)

D smash: Low sweep (d+lk)

U tilt: Axe Kick he has in every game (f+lk)

U smash: His double lift kick (d+lk+rk)

Running A: slide kick every tekken and soul calibut char has

N Air: air punch (jumping lp)

F air: double kick?

B air: back hand?

D Air: low kick (jump rk)

B: 5 hit Kazama Combo (lp,rp,rk,lp,lk) kinda like marth's combo two quick punches into a quick lowkick to punch... 5th hit is random:

Nb will end in a stunning low kick

Fb will end in a launching "falling chairiot kick" simular to Fox's f smash

Db will end in a sweep resulting in a hard knock down giving jin the ability to tech chase

Ub will end in an axe kick that will give him the abilty to start a combo on someone that doesn't have much damage on them

F B: Jin's Devil orb he did in Sfxtk

D B: Punishing stance (lp+lk+rk): cancels certain attacks and puts jin into an alternate low to the groud fighting pose (he did this in sf x tk))

->: wave dashes forward

<-: wave dashes backward

B: does a powerful Jab

UB: does a launching kick that. Puts both jin and the opponent into the air

DB:low sweep that results in a hard knockdown state

U B: Heaven's Gate: does the launching Uppercut Jin does Soul Calibur 5

F grab: does Kazuya's Head smash (rp+rk)

B grab: does his overshoulder throw (lp+lk)

D grab: grabs the opponent gaining control of their upper body and does a spinning slam (f,diagonal,lp)

Up Grab: does Heaven's Gate, but launches in the air with the opponent, and slams them into the ground Oppen Gannon Style (kinda like Kirby's up smash

Final Smash: Devil Within: turns into Devil Jin flies into the air, and beam spams the stage a few times (lk+rk,lp+rp,lp+rp)

My views on the new Characters;

Villager - I think it's cool enough. It'll be fun to see how he plays out and what he'll be able to do. But, I'm just kinda wary about him. Will he even be good?

MegaMan - All I can say is oh my god this is flipping epic. I've never really been a die-hard Mega Man fan, but I must say, this guy looks flipping epic. All of the powers and all that just look amazing. Looking forward to him.

Wii Fit Trainer - ..Wat. Oh well, she looks decent enough, maybe she'll do decent. I do love her Final Smash, and some of her moves. Plus, the hilarious meme of her attacking Mario, Link and who else was it I think it was Kirby.

I ain't going in depth, but all in all, I like the new changes. They seem pretty fun and I look forward to see how they play out and such.

Out of the 3 Mega looks the most Powerful,

Good mobility, Non-absorbable projectiles, and his zoning and keep away looks way too good

2nds is the fit trainer... dat mobility, its gonna be tough to hit or kill her...

She seems to have really powerful recovery

Last is Villager, sure he has interesting Gimmicks... but he isn't gonna go farther than Mid-Tier...