Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@ godot's post about pacman most definitely being in

Most likely in? How could you say that? At most, he's had a most recent cameo in Wreck it Ralph and all he did was show up for a few seconds to eat a few things. Cuz that's all he does.

If we were the Axis of Awesome, I'd tell you to fuck off, Chicken Little. http://youtu.be/5pidokakU4I?t=43s

Its gonna be either Pac or a tales of character to rep namco bandai, my money is on either Lloyd, Luke, or Yuri.

And we have had characters with less they could bring to the game as playable characters... and look what happened... they got in...

Ie. Ice climbers, wii fit trainer, ac villiger, rob, jigglypuff, and to some extent captain falcon,olimar, and the star fox characters

Also... there are games where pac did things outside of waka waking

On the SNES there was a pac-man point and click esque game where you guided pac around using a sling shot. Pac would run around and punch, kick, and interact with various envoirnment introduced to him.

On the ps2 we had another adventure where the ghosts revived the ultimate ghost named Lord Spooky, and pac went on a 3d platforming adventure to collect Golden Fruit that he needed to stop Spooky. It was key to pac's playstyle to roll into a ball and ground pound, causing himself to bounce around like a dibbling basketball.

In one of the most recent fighting games, Street Fighter x Tekken, Pac was a playable character in the ps3 and Vita versions of the game.

He spent most of his time fighting in a robot named Mokojin, but his various grabs and Supers involved him getting out of his robot and beating the crap out of his opponent. He would Punch, kick, Headbutt, and Bite people.

Ok! Let's start an interesting discussion!

Imagine this scenario...

You walk into you local gaming store for whatever random reason why. While wandering around the store and browsing the various games on the shelf, you see that they have a small set up with a Wii U on it that is set there for customers to play around with.

The game inside the console is the Demo for Super Smash Bros. For Wii U!

You pick up the controller and and start the demo. You see Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Pit, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Olimar, Wii Fit Trainer, Villiger, and Megaman on the selection screen.

Who do you choose first before pressing the "start" button?

Personally I am a fox main who enjoys samus and Bowser, but I am super stoked for the changes being made to bowser, so I would go King Koopa!

It's gonna be sad not getting to mess people up with Ike like I did in Brawl.

I'm gonna miss that dude.

Meanwhile, Pikachu was my backup. So I'll get back to playing him this game! Hopefully His Thunder still knocks people up (not to the side or down) because that's what got me so many KO's; beating them up on the ground and then chaining Thunders to take them out.

Jigglypuff needs to be replaced. Period. End of discussion, have a good day.

Also, I want Marx and Crono...

1. As much as I dislike jiggs, melee fanboys love her, she was op in Melee and grwon to be a staple character in the series. Me and a lot of other people however think that jiggs will be replaced for Mewtwo instead of lucario...

2. Marx isn't important enough imo, he is more assist trophy material than anything...

3. Crono isn't nintendo... he is square enix...

Crono has a less than 5% chance of being in for the following reasons;

1. The Crono Trigger series is great, but not entirely successful, it started on the SNES, got rebooted on the ps2, got a sequel on the ps1 called Crono Cross, got revamped for ds, and got emulated for playstation network... which leads into my next point

2. Chrono is closer linked to Sony than he is Nintendo... Square Enix is also more "buddy/buddy" with sony than they are nintendo...

3. Chrono is low on the SE food chain...

He has to fight past Every final fantasy, dragon Quest, and the world ends with you protagonists to get a spot in the game... not to mention Geno, a character with WAY WAY WAY WAY more fan requests, priority,and actual lineage and history with nintendo.... hell, geno is even a legit mario character.

4. Why have Crono when we have characters who does his job that are owned and licensed characters of Nintendo?

From what I understand, Crono is a generic Sword wielding JRPG character... we have 2 other generic Sword wielding JrPG characters that people want more that are more fitting to the smash bros franchise...

That is Isaac from Golden Sun and Shulk from Xenoblade Saga.

Golden Sun is a fucking amazing JRPG created by a Nintendo owned studio called Camelot, and Xenoblade is made by a company nintendo recently bought called Monolith Studios... even though Xenoblade is only a year and a half old, a copy of the game runs $80 on the market.... Xenoblade was also labeled "best Wii game in years" by most gaming sites...

You think Crono stands a chance beating Isaac or Shulk?

And if you say Crono deserves a spot over Isaac... Mael, ikaru and I will find you... and end you...

5. Who the fuck is Chrono?

The dood is like... really unpopular... like seriously... I heard the game he is from is amazing and stuff.. but who the fuck played it? Besides like, 1 or 2 people.

Sakurai even stated that he will not put in a 3rd party character unless they are special exceptions...

So unless crono magicly becomes Sonic, Metal Gear, or Megaman popular in the next 5 minutes... his chances of making it in are bleh...

Bayonetta and Lloyd only have a chance for their own reasons...

1. Bayonetta 2 is being Published and promoted by nintendo, Bayonetta 2 wouldn't be a thing if it wasn't for nintendo

2. Smash 4 isn't being developed by nintendo... its being developed by the teams that make Tekken, Soul Calibur, and the Tales of games... so they got Mad Priority and chansed of any of those 2 making it in are hella high...

That's my opinion

Nintendo made Bayonetta. kay. but unless they tone her down A LOT, she still doesn't fit in. And I'm given to understand a lot of people have played chrono trigger. I'm definitely not one of 'em though.

I'd be down with jigglypuff disappearing and being replaced by just about anybody, really. But I kinda doubt that it'll happen. shucks.

Bayonetta fits in more than Snake :P

And honestly, it will be easy to tone her down, in combat she asn't too bad, but during cutscenes, quick time events, and when pulling levers to open doos... that's when she got sluty.... ya, I know, when she casts spells she lost articles of her clothing, but it wasn't pernament... and they could... I dunno, not animate that in sm4sh

uh... gimme a sec to attempt making a moveset for her...

Remember, most of Bayonetta's attacks can be charged and the last attack in her combo cause agiant hair fist or high heel to punch, boot, or smash something, also when she jumps, she has butterfly wings coming from her back

AAA: A simple 1-2-3 Punch, last hit results in a giant Hair Fist if charged

F-tilt-A: a forward kick into another kick

F-smash: performs a round house kick, if charged bayonetta will also summon a huge Hair High Heel that will "this is sparda" boot someone off of the stage, during the charge animation, Bayonetta will pose giving the audience an perfect view of her ass.

D-tilt: sweep kick

D-smash: essentially a copy and paste of pikachu's and Shiek's down Smash, a copoera breakdance kick thing, except she poses at the camera tauntingly at the end. The fully charged variation will have ana extended hitbox with hit sparks coming from her feet

U-tilt: does a quick fullbody motion uppercut posing as she does it... imagine a giesha dancing with fans. hold down A to do a larger backflip kick attacks that looks like fox's, but isn't, the attack launches both Beyonetta and her opponent into the air

U-smash: a stronger uppercut, if charged, you get a Hair fist in front of her doing an uppercuutting animationas well, during the charging animation, Bayonetta will dance on an imaginary Pole

Running A: a strong Palm attack, hold a for anextended animation with hitsparks at the end of her palm

Air A: spins around with sparks around her

F-air: 3 kick animation

B-air: back kick

D-air: a dive kick, can be charged to have a hair high heel stomping in front of her when she hits the ground.

U-air: does a flip kick

B: enters a taunting animation, if she gets attacked during this animation, she will parry the attack she is hit with

F-B: turns into a puma and runs forward a set distance slashing through enemies

D-B: Draws a magic circle with her feet and teleports a short distance falling from the sky, beyonetta will pose as she hits the ground (only works on the ground)

U-B: turns into a raven and gains a flight ability

F-throw: boots the opponent

B-throw: Suplexes the opponent

D-throw: sneakily grabs her oppenent's ankle with her hair and slams them into the ground a couple times

U-throw: throwst the oppentent into the air, Beyonetta will "wink" and point at the oppoenent with her finguers like a gun, and the opponent will have random hitsparks on them from where she is pointing.

Final smash:

I have 2 ideas for her

1. "Witch Time" time slows down for everyone except Beyonetta, think "chaos control"

2. "MUDO!" Does a pose and a gaint hair dragon (or a hair Gyrados XD) pops out of no where and swarms the stage.

Taunt 1: poses towards the audience and giggles

Taunt 2: dances around and says "I have a fever, and the only cure I need is more smash"

Taunt 3: dances saying "try to touch me~"

Today's Smash pic is pretty, Villiger and Mario fighting-ish on the new pilot Wings stage

daily.jpg

Pit ain't takin no shit from Pikachu

#New Super Armor'd Side B!

08_smashdaily04.jpg

Mega keepin it ol' skool with his Down Tilt

08_smashdaily05.jpg

Let's see if Wonderful Red is announced tomorrow...

5. Who the fuck is Chrono?

The dood is like... really unpopular... like seriously... I heard the game he is from is amazing and stuff.. but who the fuck played it? Besides like, 1 or 2 people.

Sakurai even stated that he will not put in a 3rd party character unless they are special exceptions...

So unless crono magicly becomes Sonic, Metal Gear, or Megaman popular in the next 5 minutes... his chances of making it in are bleh...

Bayonetta and Lloyd only have a chance for their own reasons...

... Please tell me you're joking.

Everyone and their mother knows and adores Crono... Perhaps you're hanging around the wrong crowd, like, kids how play CoD and stuff...

Ewwwwwwww, CoD... Do they also listen to Skrillex? Ewwwwwwwwww... *cough* Daft Punk, Veela, Televiser, PegBoard Nerds *cough* way better EDM artists than Skrillex *cough* *cough*

Anyway, seriously, I've asked numerous people if they liked the idea of Crono and Marx being in the game and most people have said;

"OMFG SIDBFUIBWEBRUI CRONO, YES!!!! I LOVE CHRONO TRIGGER, PLEASE ADD CRONO NINTENDO!!!"

"And Marx scared the shit out of me as a kid, he would be an awesome fourth Kirby character..."

Again, multiple people have given me a response very similar to this. So I think the majority of people are on my side when it comes to this.

I'd also like to state I completely resent you saying he's just a trophy character... Allow me to elaborate on this.

Where to begin... Let's talk about his first appearance. The first you see is his cute little Kirby-like form. He basically tells you "Hey, go save the world..." I haven't played the game in a long time, get off my back about correct dialogue. But anyway, that's basically what he tells you. He gives you a task, and you, the hero, must see it through for the good of the World/Galaxy. So, you go around doing things and stuff on abunch of different planets, then you finally meet Nova. So... You just carry out the task as kindly asked and save the world, right? Nope. Crazy plot twist, well, crazy for a little kids game at least, it turns out the very person who sent you on this journey is actually a deceitful, terrible, power hungry psychopath. Then he reveals his true form... Now, I'm sure you're all probably thinking; "Oh, well there are creepier Kirby bosses..." well, it's all opinion based, but I think we can agree that Marx is up there in the top 3 weirdist Kirby bosses. But you have to realize what his design is based off of... If you don't know already, it's based of a cradle toy, or whatever you want to call it, y'know, something you hang above a cradle... It's something so innocent, attached to something that's purpose is to be a bed to something even more innocent. Except Marx is the complete opposite of innocent. He made you do all of his dirty work, then tries to kill you... Yeah, I think we can all agree that's kind of eerie... He was the only Kirby villian with a personality, and a good one at that. Oh, and it doesn't end there. Remember the end of the final boss battle in Super Star Ultra? Yeah... REALLY unexpected for a Nintendo game that isn't from the 90's... *cough* Earth Bound *cough*

You see my point, yes? He's quite the bad ass really, and he has so much potential as a good character in SSB4 competitively, as I've already explained. Also, there were only 3 characters from the Kirby franchise in Brawl, so it does have one more open spot... Why not Marx? The only character worth mentioning as competition is Prince Fluff. But let's face it, not that many people liked Epic Yarn. While it was innovative, I can't say I blame them. And what would his moves even be? Uhh... B, yarn whip. B side, yarn whip. Final Smash, epic yarn whip... You realize how limited his options are, yes? Marx is such a recognizable character amoungst Nintendo fans, and the only villian in any of the Kirby games that could be a playable character besides DeDeDe. But again, he's more of a comedic relief anti-hero than a villian.

The conclusion: I'm a complete Marx fanboy... I want him in the next game. Sue me for having an opinion, why don't you? <;3

Dood... if you ask someone to name their favorite Square enix character... they will say either of the following....

Cloud, Cecil, Sephoroth, Mog, Kain, Kefka, Sora, or Riku 90% of the time, every 100th person will say Chrono

How can anyone "adore" crono if they haven't heard of him or played his game?

And when it comes to "numorous people" I only count 2 or 3...

Do you not know anything reguarding licensing, legal rights, ips, or even Nintendo?

You also never provided any actual evidence as to why crono deserves a spot in smash 4, or why he belongs in smash 4, or why he is a popular character.

All you told me is that you and your mom knows who he is, and then insulted me and a mass number of people in the reborn community (something I can ban you for)

And when it comes to kirby villians most people think Dedede, Metaknight, the spikey eyeball guy, the sun and moon, and the nightmare guy... also, sakurai never added anyone outside of kirby til brawl because he didn't want to over represent his own franchise... I don't understand why Marx is so important....

Yes I read your entire post

I was thinking of knuckle joe, and NOW I know who you are talking about.

I honestly doubt that we will see anything from that particular game, maybe a trophy or a sticker maybe... Marx is at most something we will see as a stage Hazard

No one honestly knows who marx is...

When people think of nintendo Villians... they will most likely name one of the following

Bowser or one of his minions

K. Rool

Gannondorf

Vaati

Skullkid

Ghiraham or Demise

Dark Link

Ridley

Dark Samus

King Dedede

Metaknight

Team Star Wolf

Andross

Mewtwo

Giovanni

N

Giygas

Porky

Hades

Santaros and Menardi

Alex

Madusa

People will even jokingly name Tom Nook

You're not going to dignify it with a response.

... in a response. And then you tell him not to reply. You really are pushing it with your methods of "debate."

I haven't broken any rules in this topic, I merely stated my opinion...

I'm not looking for trouble, hence the reason I didn't actually respond to anything he said and why I just told him not to respond to me.

I'm sorry if I said something that seemed rude, I promise you I mispoke.

• Administrators

You know what I was going to type a lengthy response but I've already done that once and I'm not in the best mood and don't want that to pour over into this. Just keep it civil as opposed to wondering whether people are serious or bashing legitimate things that you just happen to not like.

listen up primadonna. You're bad at arguing. unbelievably so. you can't go a single post without belittling other opinions for no other reason than you disagree . i've had enough of your condescending attitude. You're a stuck up little snob who wouldn't understand the concept of agree to disagree if it came up and falcon punched you into next week. No one here thinks you're especially witty in any way. Quite the opposite. I can't even think of anybody else who can compare to how thoroughly you've made an ass of yourself.

Good bye aackalacka. I hear a playground without a bully and i just know you're dying take up that job again.

listen up primadonna. You're bad at arguing. unbelievably so. you can't go a single post without belittling other opinions for no other reason than you disagree . i've had enough of your condescending attitude. You're a stuck up little snob who wouldn't understand the concept of agree to disagree if it came up and falcon punched you into next week. No one here thinks you're especially witty in any way. Quite the opposite. I can't even think of anybody else who can compare to how thoroughly you've made an ass of yourself.

Good bye aackalacka. I hear a playground without a bully and i just know you're dying take up that job again.

I wasn't trying to bash his opinions. I'm fine with the fact he doesn't think or want Crono or Marx to be in the next game, but he accused me of insulting everyone... I don't remember doing that.

In fact, he's probably right about Crono. But he said "And when it comes to "numorous people" I only count 2 or 3..."... He has no idea how many people I've talked to about it outside of the forums...

Sorry if anyone took what I said the wrong way...

Edited by Ackalacka

Perhaps you're hanging around the wrong crowd, like, kids how play CoD and stuff...

Backhanded comment

... Please tell me you're joking.

Didn't even bother to take the opinion serious, delegating it as a joke rather than a serious claim. Which is the second time you've played this tactic. And the first time resulted in a tierboard generated by a large, competition based gaming community.

And you edited out your response of 'don't bother with a response.' Which also blatantly indicates how little you think anybody else's opinions are worth.

You have this constant habit of looking down your nose at everything. You're like those kids back in the day that always slammed power ranger and pokemon and any number of things, making people who genuinely liked them feel bad that they did (and who, btw, were the ones who ended up later admitting that they liked those things). Instead of just explaining that say, Marx was an interesting plot-twist boss, you also had to try these little digs at other people's intellect.

Actually Godot, if anyone asked me who my favorite Squeenix Character was, I'd say Joshua or Neku. ^^;

Kaito confirmed for CoD kid

Mine would be either Red 13 or Lock Cole

And Neku is a boss, Beat is pretty amusing too I like how he talks, and I love how joshua fights with a cell phone XD

I would cry some grown man tears if they announced TWEWY 2 at TGS this year...

But back on topic... anyone else excited that we might be getting a legit new characther tomorrow?

If not we might see some one at TGS or at the release of Windwaker HD

**Pulls up today's Miiverse photo hoping to see Wonderful Red**

Wtf is this?

daily-1.jpg

No... seriously... what is it? That doesn't look like gameplay

Kirby confirmed for Fairy Type

Edit: people are speculating that this could be a Super Mario Galaxy Stage

**pouts** I wanted Wonderful Red

Sooo I went to my local gamestop today to pick up Wonderful 101... it doesn't come out til this Sunday...

Looking at the Kirby Screenshot, the "swoosh" thing coming out of Kirby's hammer is the "Swoosh" animation used to show an attack's hitbox. As pointed out to me by mael

The sparks next to Kirby aren't from the background, they look like thay are coming from kirby... very reminescent to the Mario Galaxy games...

A lot of people are predicting that this a screen shot showing off a new stage: The Comet Observatory from Super Mario Galaxy (1).

Not gonna lie, I am a sucker for "night sky" scenes, and Fountain of Dreams was my favorite stage in Melee... this just might be my new favorite stage... well for the new game anyways...

• Administrators

Not gonna lie, I am a sucker for "night sky" scenes, and Fountain of Dreams was my favorite stage in Melee...

seconded, but also because of the music

It does look nice though, but it isn't showing much...

I love the music on fountain of dreams too!

Ikaru! Y u me?

Dood! check out the song in Brawl, Gormet Race. Its a remix of the song in Fountain of Dreams played by the Guitarrist who does a lot of the music for Devil May Cry... it is fucking EPIC!!!