Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's lame that the game's roster is being limited by what the 3dS can do.

Also Mael, you I think I told you that.

And I don't think K. rool will make the cut.

There is also a rumor floating around about how each stage will have a competitive and casual variation to them.

In the Dr Wily's CAstle stage the casual version will have the Yellow Devil attack you ocassinally.

The competitive vAriation has rotAting platforms.

The pilot wings stage will force you to constantly jump from plane to plAnr ie poke float style in the casual.

There is also a recent picture with megaman standing on top of the ropes in the boxing ring stage.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER... belated

main.png

Dedede pretty much looks just like what he did in brawl...

screen-3.jpg

only thing new is "minimal details" and faces

screen-2.jpg

screen-4.jpg

screen-9.jpg

screen-6.jpg

These guys were also finally not too shy to show their faces

1yu7ab.png

Mario and Megaman Jumping on the Ropes of the Punch Out Stage

vs1e9u.png

A Veteran Assist Trophy, Starfy

super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-starfy.jpg

I'd personally be sad to see any character go. It might just be me, but I hate it when fighting games remove characters. Some people have worked with those characters, grown to like them, and mained them, and then when they're removed they need to start all over again. Granted, I'll definitely be playing the new characters too, especially Megaman, but if Marth (My main) were to go, Smash Bros. wouldn't be the same experience for me.

hey Listen!

There were some... interesting Screenshots shared today.

First off we have this:

22_edgegrabbing01t.jpg

Here Mario was hanging off of the ledge and Link "stole" the ledge from him... this is interesting because of the most popular advanced and most annoying Tactics in smash is Ledge guarding.... this really screws with the entire strategy. We also have this to look at...

Pic of the day. There are many changes being made to attack and defense options for grabbing edges. In this picture, Link is actually trumping Mario's grab.

-Air time and accumulated damage will determine your period of invincibility while hanging on an edge.

-Grab controls will no longer be affected by whether you have above or below 100% damage.

-Mashahiro Sakurai

I think I started this post with a plural pronoun.... oh ya!

oh ya... we might have a had newcomer get leaked... so take this with a grain of salt, since this is only a rumor and not confirmed.

Here comes a new challenger!? .... maybe...

Palutena

22_palutenasmash01t.jpg

22_palutenasmash02t.jpg

Its not confirmed whether this is a playable character or an assist trophy or even if this is legit... but if she is real, i get the feeling that she will play like Tsubaki from Blazblue.

well... thats all i got for you guys, here is superior GG, Glorious Godot, signing out!

Palutena will in all likelihood be an assist trophy. I don't think Palutena's ever had a significant enough role in a game that she deserves a spot as a playable character (even though Sakurai made KI:U as well and Rosalina's on the roster). The fact that these are 3DS screenshots (and no WiiU ones) also convinces me that she ain't nothin' more than an assist trophy.

Oh hey, there is a pic of a new Kid Icarus Stage for the Wii U version, but I kinda wanna talk about something different. I wanna share my thoughts on up coming character announcements.

Tomorrow or next week, we will infact see Diddy Kong, there is no denying it. But next month we have a Nintendo Direct. Every Nintendo Direct we see something new and interesting for sm4sh. Last June we saw the game itself. In august we saw Luigi for the year of Luigi themed direct. Then we had a gameplay trailer showing off returning 3rd party character, Sonic. And lastly in December we saw Rosalina! I think we will see yet another newcomer this direct. My money is on Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening. Why? February marks the one year anniversary that FE:A hit American store shelves... Or became available...

Following in March we will see Yoshi to celebrate the American release of Yoshi's Island 3DS. In April we will see a 6th newcomer being either Palutena from Kid Icarus Uprising, Bowser Jr. from Super Mario Sunshine, Lil' Mac from Punch Out!!, or the Mii.

Recently Iwata, the president of Nintendo announced that Mario Kart 8 will come out Worldwide this May, I am assuming this release will be followed up with the return of Wario to the game of smash 4.

June is gonna be a big month for smash! It's e3! We will probably see a playable demo of the game at e3 and lots of Youtubers with their cameras recording footage of the game and giving us their impressions. We will also most likely see a huge Nintendo Direct announcement! Right before smash they will finally give us a release date to Bayonetta 2! And after the trailer she will pop back on the screen and be like "that's not all Loves~" and the font used for saying "Bayonetta joins the Brawl" will pop up on the screen. And we will see Bayonetta beating the crap out of our favorite Nintendo characters to the music of Frank Sinatra. After the short trailer we will see the release date for smash 4! If Bayonetta is not in the game I do expect some 3rd party character to be shown this day, my next guesses are Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia and Rayman!

In June we will see another veteran, I expect either Captian Falcon, Ness, or The Ice Climbers. However, starting August we maybe seeing the release of the full game. But if the game doesn't release til December we can expect the remaining mints to look like this...

February : Chrom

March: Yoshi

April : Palutena

May : Wario

June : Bayonetta

July: Ness

August : Lil' Mac

September : Captain Falcon

October : Bowser Jr.

November: Ice Climbers

December : Mii

I have been wrong before, and Sakurai likes to be random in well... Dumb ways... But that is my ecpected character announcements for the remainder of the year until the game's release!

Here is the obviously superior GG, Glorious Godot, signing out!

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER

Lucario!

main.png

He kinda looks the same as before

screen-2.jpg

this looks like double team

screen-6.jpg

Da fuck?

screen-7.jpg

Sakurai loves trolling don't he?

we expect Pokemon trainer for October and we get Sonic, we want Zelda for November and we get Marth... we ask for Diddy Kong... get Lucario...

inb4 wheres Mewtwo?

Aw, I'm a bit late, but I'll miss edgehogging. I'm also waiting for the confirmation of Mewtwo (and hopefully Roy with a new moveset). This game definitely looks to be different from the others in terms of playstyle and tactics. I'm hoping it'll rival Melee in terms of gameplay and speed. (Brawl was a let-down for me.)

I geeked out when I saw this :3

But ya when's Ridley?

Also I was talking to Mashew about smash the other day and we came up with an idea of what might be announced characterwise for there month of February, first off we will see Diddy kong then we will learn that he is teamed up with Dixie kong. I can see some unique dkc2 action coming from those two and some interesting not ice climber gameplay concept coming from them.

As for this week we also saw pics of Lucario's aura buff and Palkia coming out of a poke all