SAY BANANAS!

screen-2.jpg

New Up B animation

screen-3.jpg

SHORYUKEN

screen-4.jpg

Pop goes te Peanut gun

screen-6.jpg

Bananas are back, hopefully he can't pull off his old OP Bananigan... 30 hit combos ftw?

screen-10.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking at this originally, this looks like a regular old attack...

daily-2014-02-26.jpg

However, being a Fox main myself, I almost immediately realized that this attack animation is new! And it turns out that I am right.. here is the picture's Caption;

"Now consecutive standard attacks will always transition into a finishing move. This is Fox's finishing kick after his standard combo attack."

-Mashahiro Sakurai

Ok, remember that rapid jab combo into uppercut Lil' Mac does in his trailer? That is a standard forced finisher. So that means everyone who's jab that is a rapid hit attack will end with an epic finisher, ie. Mac's uppercut and Fox's Bruce Lee style Dragon Kick. This is good because it keeps players from "Button Mashing." This also looks flashy as fuck. Here is a list of Smash characters who have rapid hit attacks that you may expect to see have new "ender" animations;

Diddy Kong

Link

Shiek/Impa

Kirby

Metaknight

King Dedede

Fox McCloud

Falco Lombardi

Pikachu

Mewtwo

Ivysaur

Captain Falcon

Pit

Captain Olimar

Marth

Mr. Game and Watch

Little Mac

as for other interesting/cool pics, this week kinda further supports a theory of mine regarding stages. I hypothesized that every stage will have 2 variations to it, one aimed for Competitive value, while the other is for more Bullshit fun.

Here is yesterday's Pics of the day

daily-2014-02-25.jpgdaily-2014-02-25B.jpg

you can see in these pics that there is a different cosmetic change in both versions of the Punch Out!! stage. One is full of Smash Bros themes, while the other is highlighted "world circuit" and "WVBA".

Also, fun facts... here is my listed of predicted "next character announcements"

March- Yoshi and a random veteran such as Ice Climbers, Ness, or Captain Falcon

Yoshi's Island 3DS is releasing on the 2nd week of march.

April- Another random veteran and A NEW CHARACER , predicting either Chrom, Palutena, or Ridley!

May- Metaknight and Wario! In that order!

Kirby Triple Deluxe releases at the beginning of the month, and we have both Mario Golf 3DS and Mario Kart 8 releasing in May!

June- e3! so expect someone HUGE! along with a release date! people are also expecting there to be a playable demo at e3 this year! I am guessing a new Namco Bandai rep, maybe someone from Tales of, Soul Calibur, or Tekken.

thats as far as i can go atm...

idk if Olimar or Marth will get a "finisher" since their Jabs have alot of Knockback and cannot be spammed the same way other characters can.

I also wanna point out that the Bowser picture with the fairy is making a side reference to Super Mario 3D World. In that game Bowser captures fairies and puts them in bottles.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGE--- just kidding

Waluigi Confirmed as an Assist Trophy, yay?

daily-2014-02-27.jpg

Sakurai even mentioned that the fact that people want him being playable, my response..... OH THANK GOD!!!

• 3 weeks later...

The guy behind metal gear solid, Hideo Kojima recently made a statement that "sakurai has not yet approached me about the game. So Snake's reappearance is unlikely"

He also said that "if sakurai is listening, hit him up"

What's your guy's opinions on that?

Wouldn't you think that they have already finalized all the characters, and are just releasing the info slowly? The game's release isn't that far away. Otherwise, I guess it means that it would be easy to be able to put snake into the game, if you forget the programming time that could be used on a different character or other features.

I think it means that they took him out. I agree that it seems really late for them to have not gotten permissions for the character yet. Unless there is a hidden clause in the original contract that sneakily allows him to be used without asking.

Remember that Sonic, Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff were not originally going to be in Brawl, but we're added last minute. Since DLC was not an option at the time they delayed the game 5 months. This time however, DLC is an option! So if Nintendo doesn't intend on adding snake, Mewtwo Matthew, or Waluigi, they may be added through DLC.

sakurai didn't say he was opposed to it, he said that he rather try to make he game as complete as possible by release.

Next question. What kind of stages do you guys think will make it into the game? I was thinking about the potential newcomers and how they will play and thought, Holy shit! Mars Lighthouse, the Rolling West, and whatever Xenonlade's stage is will look fucking amazing!

Gallade would be cool, could use various cutting attacks. Kinda hoping they keep lucario and put in his mega evolution, maybe as a final smash.

Out of everything i can think of though, i very badly still want to see Isaac from Golden Sun as a playable character. They already have him as a trophy in brawl. There are tons of psynergy and weapon attacks he could use, he could be like a combination of Ike and Pikachu or something.

In general there should be more good ranged characters, a lot of characters in brawl either have no ranged attack or have really crappy ranged attacks (link's bow, pit's arrows, dedede's minions usually)

Maybe not LONG range but there are some characters (like Marth especially) that really have to get point blank on the ground to do anything and that's unfortunate.

Though there is no word on megas, Lucario was confirmed in January, as for ranged and zoning characters, we have Megaman and the kid from animal crossing

Omfg we better have access to Green Greens.

Oh and i bet they will still have a level creator, but this time it will be more in-depth and complicated and maybe bigger even. That would be awesome too.

Then maybe give Liquid or solidus a chance, hell I'd be cool with it if big boss was the playable character, maybe even gray fox!

However if somebody like otacon was the character it'd be like peach 2

Useless trolling character...

I can imagine liquid's final smash right now...

"IM GOING TO GET INTO THIS HIND NOW!"

*gets into a controllable hind that fires cannons and missiles*

A lot like the star fox land master final smash, just a hind in the background instead, when the time for the smash is up it would show snake falling from the top of the stage to the bottom off the screen firing a stinger at Liquid's hind and it explodes, returning him to his normal fighting mode.

XD

Then maybe give Liquid or solidus a chance, hell I'd be cool with it if big boss was the playable character, maybe even gray fox!

However if somebody like otacon was the character it'd be like peach 2

Useless trolling character...

I can imagine liquid's final smash right now...

"IM GOING TO GET INTO THIS HIND NOW!"

*gets into a controllable hind that fires cannons and missiles*

A lot like the star fox land master final smash, just a hind in the background instead, when the time for the smash is up it would show snake falling from the top of the stage to the bottom off the screen firing a stinger at Liquid's hind and it explodes, returning him to his normal fighting mode.

XD

I approve of this final smash and especially of how it ends.

and... who the hell is this girl? She looks fun.

ig2v.png