Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Okami Franchise is more of a Playstation thing...

The most likely Capcom Choices are Megaman, Zero, Ryu, or Chun-Li

Also... Customization in a Namco Bandai game?

Well ya... Namco has been doing that since the ps2 days with Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 3

However, I am expecting more along the lines of what Playsation allstars or Street afighter x Tekken when it comes to "customization"

Every character will have ~3 costumes

Ie. Classic Mario, Sunshine Mario, Dr. Mario

And you can tweak the colors of the outfit

Ie. The color of Mario's Hat, overalls, gloves, shoes, t-shirt, sunglasses, head piece, or stephescope... that's my thoughts on that

It would be nicer if they DID do a customization more like Soul Caliber. Like chrom's sword, do single player campaign a bit, and then unlock his awakened sword. Possible use armor slayers and other sword variances to alter attack speed, power, and range just a little bit. Too easily done with megaman's buster cannon. etc, etc.

And I really wouldn't want bayonetta in the game. But that's just me.

It could potentially be too complicated to impliment a create a character system, as nice as that would sound....

if they tried implimenting it, it could be buggy as all holy hell...

It only worked in soul calibur because it was a simplier game...

The most we would get is like I stated previously

Also I looked up wonderful 101, the main character that will probably be put into smash looks like Viewtiful Joe raided Nightwing's closet

Also,you mentioned equipment that would modify attack speed and stuff like that?

they did something like that with stickers in the SSE

Also,you mentioned equipment that would modify attack speed and stuff like that?

they did something like that with stickers in the SSE

Forgot about that, but then with the higher difficulties I never really could feel the difference.

I think they're planning on adding new characters in franchises now for the mainstreams

Roy's a thing of the past and Awakening scales have been huge recently so we might end up seeing Chrom in SSB

Also I prefer Lucario to Mewtwo

Also keep Jigglypuff and Olimar since they're mah best buds

Okay, the guy who said to add Agumon from Digimon to represent Namco-Bandai? Yes, but choose a more balanced Digimon. Agumon is iconic, but has very little in the way of physical attacks. Something like Guilmon or Kotemon would be more balanced, though more likely Guilmon because there are enough swordsman in the game as is. Better yet, Dracomon, because he can fly a bit (or rather, his wings can slow his fall), has ranged attacks, and does actually use his claws for something. It would be a balanced character and would fit well in Brawl, IMO. Also, Dracomon is the 10th anniversary Digimon, so it's pretty much one of their main mascots.

Edited by NeoDarklight

Personally, if what they said about only having 35 characters is true, then Im disappointed.

Im personally hoping they put Zoroark in, as it was sort of the "lucario" of gen 5. (having a movie which it played a major role in) Not getting to exited though.

only thing I REALLY want to see is that Wario stays. I love Wario.

If Toon Link or Lucas get kicked out, I'll be so disappointed. They're my mains, so =I. Toon Link is just better than Link to me. And Lucas is more easy to control and combo-based, so I prefer him over Ness.

Lucario's amazing, but I'm actually wanting to see Zoroark; it'll be interesting to see how it'd go. Would it's Final Smash (assuming they still have them) be it's signature move? Lolidunno. How would it's Illusion ability work? It better have it. And maybe replace Jiggly or some other character with Zorua or Riolu? I dunno.

TLDR

Lucas > Ness.

Toon Link > Link.

Zoroark > Lucario

Zorua/Riolu > ???

@ Roo,

Olimar will most likely stay, he was an amazing character.... and ya, Roy is dead

@neodarklight

In terms of most likely reps for smash 4, it goes

1. Tales of rep

2. Pac-man

3. Tekken Rep

4. Digimon

@Owen

They are going to go with Newtwo to advertise for X and Y kinda like how I said that they are gonna do Bayonetta and the wonderful 101 guy

@Shiranui

You know that Toon link is top 10 on the tier list, while link sits bottom 4

@Shiranui

You know that Toon link is top 10 on the tier list, while link sits bottom 4

That and Link is an essential mascot character in the series that has to be put in every game because he's part of the big 4 mascot characters

18 days from now we will prob get a trailer showing off Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, 2 random new Nintendo Characters, and a random Namco rep, mostlikely from Tales of.

I wanna say Lloyd

I would hope that they replace Lucario with new form mewtwo and add Zoroark as well (who would probably play similarly to Wolf).

Kick jigglypuff to the side of the road, please.

And I definitely hope they'll change their mind about the 35 character limit.

I would hope that they replace Lucario with new form mewtwo and add Zoroark as well (who would probably play similarly to Wolf).

Kick jigglypuff to the side of the road, please.

And I definitely hope they'll change their mind about the 35 character limit.

Quite frankly I'm hoping they'll pick between Mewtwo and Lucario instead involving Mewtwo's boring new girl form

Also if you kick Jigglypuff into the road he's gonna have you for company

If this game came out 1-2 years ago... then I would expect Zoraurk... buuuut... ya, advertisement and stuff so New Form Mewtwo

Lucario was originally chosen to advertise D/P

DP came out only a few months before ssbb and same will go with this game

• 2 weeks later...

After 5 years of waiting we got a trailer saying, Can you wait one more?

Incase you guys missed it, a new trailer for smash 4 was released and titled Super Smash Bros....

Just super smash bros...

Mario, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Link, Pit, Samus, Kirby, Fox, and of course Pikachu are all confirmed to be returning!

But we got 2 new challengers :o

The Villager from Animal Crossing!

A character that doesn't surprise me... buuut, meh

You can see the Villager catching people with his bug net, burying people alive with his shovel, and axeing people...with his axe

My personal favorite ability this guy has is that he can grab projectiles and add it to his bag...

My personal question is, is he saving it for later use? Also, will we be seeing alternate costumes and skins for this character so we can play as the female villager?

Megaman from Megaman!

A 3rd Party character from Capcom! Blue bomber is back in his classic NES form! On top of his charged cannon he has his pet dog Rush, and his various skills he aquired from the multiple Robot Masters he has defeated in his past games... so ya... pretty exciting!

Other things I noticed...

1. The game looks really REALLY cartoon-y...

Past smash games were looking more realistic and bad ass... and in this one they changed that... dunno what to think about it yet...

2. The game looks to be just as fast as brawl... no they did not speed it up

3. There is a wii u and 3ds version to the game!

The 3ds looks simpler looking, and the characters have thick black outlines surrounding them.

The difference between the versions is way more noticeable than the Sony Smash ps3 and Vita versions...

4. Speaking of sony smash, Playstation Allstars supported a cross-buy freature, which meant if you buy the ps3 version, you get the vita version free... I am curious if they will do that with smash 4... but being that it is nintendo... I doubt it...

5. Will 3ds and wii u versions play with eachother... being that there is a really noticeable difference between the two new games... can they connect together?

6. Due to the previous question... if they do... it might be disasterous for the competive scene...

By looking at game play, you can see that there are frame differences in the gameplay... high level smash players will not stand for this!

Playing potential online ranked matches may lag like all holy hell because you're opponent is on his or her 3ds...

Or you will get people going to smash tours bitching and complaining about how they play WAY BETTER on the 3ds, and they will demand to play on their desired console...

What scares me more is whether or not the overly competive players can use this to their advantage in anyway... nether the less... I am indifferent to cross-play for these reasons...

7. 2 new items... I honestly don't care about items so meh...

8. Battlefield and Smashville are coming back :o

Along with 5 (or 6) new stages!

A. Nintendogs... d'aaaaaw

B. Dr. Wily's castle

C. Some wrestling ring... does this stage hint Lil' Mac... or is it a tekken stage or reference?

D. A Zelda Skyward Sword stage

E. There were glimpses that look like a new Donkey Kong stage

F. And a Zelda Spirit Tracks stage! On the stage you can see toon lin--- wait... back the fuck up...

9. Yes, you can see Toon Link in the background of a stage.... does this deconfirm him and list him as unplayable?

This isn't the first time something like this happened...

Tron Bonne appears in the Cattelox Island stage in MvC3

And Balrog appears in the background of the america stage in Street Fighter 4...

Those characters still appeared playable in their repsective games... only time will tell whether Toon Link got scrapped or not.

10. Character models

A. Mario looks simpler than he did in brawl, along with Bowser. Bowser looks scary and intimidating as all fuck in Brawl and Melee...

He looks more kid friendly in this game

B. Samus isn't wearing a lot of armor, she looks a lot more light weight, like NES metroid... something I noticed almost right away, along with bowser's visual differences...

C. Link still looks Twilight Princess-y, I thought they would change him to be all skyway sword-y

11. Bowser dropkicked Mario!

Besides the me going FUCK YA! It makes me go... wait... that move isn't in bowser's moveset...

Yes I know that was a rendered cutscene to introduce the villager... but still... that Dropkick looked natural like it belonged in the game...

I heard rumors that characters were getting reworked movesets... but I hope Bowser keeps that attack, despite the fact that he isn't my usual playstyle... I do use him a lot for fun... that overall caught my attention

12. Final smashes, there is a scene where samus releases her final smash... though they don't show her transform into zero suit... so we don't know whether that character is making a comeback or not, butshe does use her final smash...

Also, on the nintendo website, the Villiger character is standing next to a smash ball... sigh, I was kinda hoping that they would rework how final smashes work in this...

13. Dat easter egg with Megaman at the end... does that symbolize that we are getting new boss characters?

Only time will tell

So far... that's everything I got... when more news gets announced... you probably hear it from me!

I am totally the new GG, Gossip Godot signing out!

every video i managed to find on the megaman trailer glitched/lagged out at the end where he's doing some kind of final smash. I'm kinda disappointed they went with original series megaman, but it's not bad. his normal megabuster shots didn't seem to phase anyone one bit.

And yeah, I noticed the drop kick thing too. I don't think I like it nearly as much as you do.

If the sountrack is anything like the previous game, we might get more songs from Megaman, Magaman X, and MMBN

2 attacks I noticed with Mega is his slide kick... that shit looks good... and he. Shoryuken'd somone... fucking awesome