V10 - Savefile troubleshooting

Zumi

Hey,

I am facing a bug that, apparently, will not be fixed in the current version (Oshawott dialog loop soft locking the game). I made a post in the V10 bug reporting section.

Until further notice, I would like to know if it is possible to just cancel the fact that I accepted the Samurott quest, so I can just skip this side quest and continue the main one until next version.

Here find attached my savefile (just go north to reproduce the bug btw).

Thanks a lot, and keep up the good work !

Game.rxdata

17 hours ago, NaviSavy said:

Hello, I accidentally saved mid scene with Narcissa and Ren- forever stuck. ;n; 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zo1zb4IlWZMA3sBUQoTWaWrBOnmi1pad/view?usp=sharing

That's not your save. Check the instructions in the original post of this thread.

11 hours ago, Kyareiku said:

Hey,

I am facing a bug that, apparently, will not be fixed in the current version (Oshawott dialog loop soft locking the game). I made a post in the V10 bug reporting section.

Until further notice, I would like to know if it is possible to just cancel the fact that I accepted the Samurott quest, so I can just skip this side quest and continue the main one until next version.

Game.rxdata

I dont think there's a way to disable the quest so just try to avoid it until it's fixed rip. Game.rxdata

3 hours ago, Alvafin said:

yeah uhm i went into the hotel and i was ran over by this girl and she started talking at then the script took to long and i saved by accident and now i cant move...

Heres my file:

Game.rxdata

Game.rxdata

On 8/30/2018 at 11:40 AM, Kyareiku said:

Hey,

Game.rxdata

What exactly did you do for the bug to happen? I'm asking because I was not able to replicate it. The Oshawott sidequest worked just as intended.

12 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

What exactly did you do for the bug to happen? I'm asking because I was not able to replicate it. The Oshawott sidequest worked just as intended.

After going out of the train, i went directly into the South village, spoke to everyone, then into the forest to explore, battled a bunch of trainers, found the secret entrance to the Dark Memory item room (not yet accessible ofc), then on the beach and spoke to samurott then the Ranger. After exploring almost all the forest i went back on the main road and went north to go to the broken bridge, then oshawott softlocking the game by spamming "Osha…".

Sorry if this is poor help  😞

I still have a bunch of autosave files, i can check through them i one is before accepting the quest or smth ?

11 hours ago, NaviSavy said:

Game.rxdata

Sorry, that should be it. 

You should be able to repeat the cutscene now.
Game.rxdata

2 hours ago, Zargerth said:

1 hour ago, Kyareiku said:

After going out of the train, i went directly into the South village, spoke to everyone, then into the forest to explore, battled a bunch of trainers, found the secret entrance to the Dark Memory item room (not yet accessible ofc), then on the beach and spoke to samurott then the Ranger. After exploring almost all the forest i went back on the main road and went north to go to the broken bridge, then oshawott softlocking the game by spamming "Osha…".

I still have a bunch of autosave files, i can check through them i one is before accepting the quest or smth ?

I think it happens when you're blacked out.

2 hours ago, Kyareiku said:

1 hour ago, Walpurgis said:

I think it happens when you're blacked out.

Yeah, I got it to happen by blacking out, but I had to go out of my way to do that. If you don't get wiped, it works normally.

Version 10. At Valor mountain. Chose to spare the elder. Did not get the Magma rock.

Change the mountain to ice, went downstairs to fight Kyogre, can't find Kyogre, Venam or Amber.

After googling and searching forums I figure this is a bug and I might get some help here.

Game.rxdata

EDIT: NVM I fixed it by using a backup and choosing the other option. Cera is a wuss.

18 minutes ago, Ulyaoth said:

Hi,

In version 10, I can't fight against Keta (But he is on the fight area and all is ready), when I go in face of him, he just tell me "Those beings... They constantly haunt me... I will not allow such beings to enter this battlefield." then it stop and not fight me.

Game.rxdata

Remove all Shadow Pokemon from your party.

9 hours ago, Skyrum said:

My game is glitched and I already reported it in the bug thread but when I try to upload my game file I get a message that says my file is to big to post. So how do I post my game file?

1) Make sure that's actually your save and that you're following the instructions in the original post of this topic.
2) If it's indeed your save then post it somewhere else and post here the download link.

Hi, I'm having issues in the Darchlight Caves where one of the Bladestar Grunts doesn't have two pokemon when I go to battle him. I get the following error right before I send out my pokemon, and then the game force closes. It's in the room directly after the one where you create the darchlight mirror, but I saved right next to the grunt. Thanks in advance!

2018-09-08 (3).png

Game.rxdata

On 9/9/2018 at 3:48 AM, Pikatube said:

I didn't realize the oshawott quest was broken and the game autosaved as it was following me, help please

Game.rxdata

Are you stuck? If not, then you should be able to just complete the sidequest and not have to worry about anything.

2 hours ago, Peppyyello said:

Hi, I'm having issues in the Darchlight Caves where one of the Bladestar Grunts doesn't have two pokemon when I go to battle him. I get the following error right before I send out my pokemon, and then the game force closes. It's in the room directly after the one where you create the darchlight mirror, but I saved right next to the grunt. Thanks in advance!

2018-09-08 (3).png

Game.rxdata

I thought this was fixed in the latest patch? Make sure you're playing the latest version.

53 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

Are you stuck? If not, then you should be able to just complete the sidequest and not have to worry about anything.

I thought this was fixed in the latest patch? Make sure you're playing the latest version.

I  applied the latest patch right before I posted for help, and nothing seemed to go wrong with patching the game. It also seemed to have no effect. Just now, I went and patched the game again, and the intro and title screen are slightly different, from pink to blue, with a V9 next to it. As soon as I select my save file, I get a new error message, and the game force closes. The patch I'm applying is the one below the yellow text (MEGA) in the second picture, so I'm not sure what I'm messing up and why my game all the sudden is reverted to V9, when the patch I'm applying is patch 10. I can always do a clean install to see if that puts me back to v10 if need be.  

2018-09-10.png

2018-09-10 (1).png

5 minutes ago, Peppyyello said:

I  applied the latest patch right before I posted for help, and nothing seemed to go wrong with patching the game. It also seemed to have no effect. Just now, I went and patched the game again, and the intro and title screen are slightly different, from pink to blue, with a V9 next to it. As soon as I select my save file, I get a new error message, and the game force closes. The patch I'm applying is the one below the yellow text (MEGA) in the second picture, so I'm not sure what I'm messing up and why my game all the sudden is reverted to V9, when the patch I'm applying is patch 10. I can always do a clean install to see if that puts me back to v10 if need be.  

That's Version 9 Patch as the topic implies. Re-download Version 10 and see if that does anything: you should be playing version 10.2

6 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

That's Version 9 Patch as the topic implies. Re-download Version 10 and see if that does anything: you should be playing version 10.2

OK! I did a clean reinstall and I'm up to 10.2 now. The issue is fixed now. Thank you for being patient with me, haha. 

4 hours ago, Zargerth said:

I'm not stuck necessarily but i can't finish the quest since i can't surf while it's following me, and i need to surf to get to the area to finish the quest

(edit) On the bug reporting thread it says that this is fixed but not in the current version (yellow text), and from what i understand it was doable in v9 but the forest layout was changed in v10

image.thumb.png.c9e8e5eb824ec7d22deaab4a11231a79.pngimage.thumb.png.7a22529f9759637fbe9df40b9ab20ee3.pngimage.thumb.png.57c9fef4ebc86990eb2a7f192abb8059.png

Edited by Pikatube

7 hours ago, Pikatube said:

I'm not stuck necessarily but i can't finish the quest since i can't surf while it's following me, and i need to surf to get to the area to finish the quest

(edit) On the bug reporting thread it says that this is fixed but not in the current version (yellow text), and from what i understand it was doable in v9 but the forest layout was changed in v10

No you don't. You can jump on the pieces of wood to get to the other side of the river and head left. Then you can take the south exit to get to the beach where Samurott is.

12 hours ago, Zargerth said:

No you don't. You can jump on the pieces of wood to get to the other side of the river and head left. Then you can take the south exit to get to the beach where Samurott is.

the pieces of wood are just above me in this screenshot, at the very top right above me and the oshawott, that's why i have the problem actually, i got confused when i couldn't surf and started running around to see if there was another path, and then the game autosaved before i realized i wasn't able to do it.image.thumb.png.c9e8e5eb824ec7d22deaab4a11231a79.png

On 9/11/2018 at 3:41 PM, Pikatube said:

the pieces of wood are just above me in this screenshot, at the very top right above me and the oshawott, that's why i have the problem actually, i got confused when i couldn't surf and started running around to see if there was another path, and then the game autosaved before i realized i wasn't able to do it.

Is your game fully updated? IIRC there was an issue like this a while back and they were playing an unpatched game.