V10 - Savefile troubleshooting

Zumi

5 hours ago, roberthavins said:

hey I go up here and text appers and and owsawott keeps repeting over and over agian

Game.rxdata

game.rxdata

5 hours ago, Rising Emperor said:

I'm stuck after I completed the darclight mirror puzzle and after I changed the white cave to black one I'm became completely stuck please help.

Game.rxdata

p.s. sorry wrong file this is the one.

game.rxdata

4 hours ago, Serenity1981 said:

I gave the magma stone to Cera, then followed Venam to valor mountain, but after getting the emotion powder and changing the mountain, venam disappears and there is nothing to do in the kyogre room. 

Game.rxdata

game.rxdata

14 minutes ago, Bearadactyl said:

So, like many people here; I am locked out of being able to obtain Anju's pendant. Could I please have it placed in my bag?

game.rxdata

I'm sorry but I won't. It's intended to be a missable item and you aren't locked out of anything neccessary to continue the game.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Walpurgis said:

game.rxdata

game.rxdata

game.rxdata

I'm sorry but I won't. It's intended to be a missable item and you aren't locked out of anything neccessary to continue the game.

And, what of the other people in this thread who got it added? Not trying to start anything, but, others here were given the pendant not a week ago.

I will start a new game if I have to, but, I will state I think it's incredibly unfair for other people to ask; and get it; and another to ask and not. There are at least three people on page seven of this forum who were given the pendant.

9 hours ago, Bearadactyl said:

And, what of the other people in this thread who got it added? Not trying to start anything, but, others here were given the pendant not a week ago.

I will start a new game if I have to, but, I will state I think it's incredibly unfair for other people to ask; and get it; and another to ask and not. There are at least three people on page seven of this forum who were given the pendant.

Other people got the pendant added, yes, but not by me. Since the person who did it is busy with irl things and I don't know if she will come back to help in this thread anytime soon I figured I would let you know that you won't get the pendant added and why so you can continue playing/restart your game/whatever you wish to do. 

It's intended to be missable like that and it doesn't prevent you from progressing/enjoying the game. In my opinion, you shouldn't even be asking for it in this thread. 

I don't really know what happened, but the save suddenly stopped working.

Spoiler

I quicksaved(D) before rorim in terajuma, and when i load the game, i get an error message.
I tried to get an older version of the vile, but it was before even being abducted, and i really don't want to do it all over again.

Game.rxdata

After this conversation,

Spoiler

the one after defeating Kyogre and walking to Madelis

, I'm stuck in an endless loop of walking into a wall, retrying the event through a previous file comes up with the same result, is it possible to change the file so the walking to the correct tile is automatically complete? Or is it not possible to do and I should just skip the event and reload a prior save to ignore it?

Game.rxdata

2 hours ago, Dwyh said:

Hello :) ,

I got stuck with the Oshawott following me and have read that this is a bug.

I would be very thankful for help ^^

game.rxdata

game.rxdata

1 hour ago, Zaryon said:

I don't really know what happened, but the save suddenly stopped working.

Reveal hidden contents

I quicksaved(D) before rorim in terajuma, and when i load the game, i get an error message.
I tried to get an older version of the vile, but it was before even being abducted, and i really don't want to do it all over again.

Game.rxdata

There's nothing I can do, you'll have to use a backup. 

1 hour ago, TDoggyDog said:

After this conversation,

Reveal hidden contents

the one after defeating Kyogre and walking to Madelis

, I'm stuck in an endless loop of walking into a wall, retrying the event through a previous file comes up with the same result, is it possible to change the file so the walking to the correct tile is automatically complete? Or is it not possible to do and I should just skip the event and reload a prior save to ignore it?

Game.rxdata

You missed the cutscene but

game.rxdata

Spoiler

capture084.jpg

VENAM: Tesla, Amber, where did you two 
come from?!

AMBER: It was all Madelis' fault! She brought me to this room while you guys were sleeping. Mom came a little bit after that and tried to save me.  But this bright light came out of this circle and suddenly we're here. 

VENAM: Maybe...  "Only when the Beast is defeated will the ones who awakened it be freed." That's what the stone slab says. Could it be possible that you all were trapped by Kyogre? If that's the case, you guys probably woke Kyogre up from its sleep, and because of that it trapped you.

MADELIS: ... 

TESLA: Well? What do you have to say for yourself then, Madelis? 

MADELIS: ...Well for starters, this whole thing was a colossal failure. 

VENAM: Yeah, clearly. If you just kidnapped Melia when she was asleep, that would've been it. Why didn't you just do that? 

MADELIS: Well...hah, see the funny thing about that... 

MADELIS: Tesla, I'm... Your biggest fan!

TESLA: Y-You're my what? 

MADELIS: I was always a fan of your work.
Even when I wasn't a Xen Admin... I was sort of hoping you'd come here by yourself
so that I could somehow impress you with my 
strength!

VENAM: You wanted to impress her so you
kidnapped her daughter?! What kind of sense does that make at all?!

MADELIS: I agree that my methods can sometimes
be unconventional... But putting all the data together, I had a 48% chance
of success. 

VENAM: Yeah? That's less than half. 

MADELIS: Correct, but I've done my research and
I've come to the conclusion that Geara's plan... Only has a 47% chance of success anyway.
So I actually had the best chance here! Ah, but that means that if I failed, then surely
Geara's plan must fail, too? 

TESLA: ...That's not how this works. 

MADELIS: Well, that being the case... I think I'm just going to mosey on out here. This whole thing has gotten me all down and 
tired. I think I'll be taking a break for a while. As long as Madame X doesn't find out about
this whole thing, I should be quite fine... 

*Madelis gives you HQ Railnet Key*

MADELIS: I have to thank you somehow for saving our
lives. You were the one who did it, correct?

Amber apologizes for her behavior. She and Tesla reconciliate and go home.

• Like 1

so i opened up the game and this popped up and I don't know how to fix this so I thought id asked for helpGame.rxdata                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             5abe55820b8d1_Screenshot(1).png.fee2a443d6bff982cef54cab00d6abc4.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

5 minutes ago, EmilTejada150 said:

so i opened up the game and this popped up and I don't know how to fix this so I thought id asked for helpGame.rxdata                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             5abe55820b8d1_Screenshot(1).png.fee2a443d6bff982cef54cab00d6abc4.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

It seems your file got corrupted. Use a backup. 

12 hours ago, Walpurgis said:

Other people got the pendant added, yes, but not by me. Since the person who did it is busy with irl things and I don't know if she will come back to help in this thread anytime soon I figured I would let you know that you won't get the pendant added and why so you can continue playing/restart your game/whatever you wish to do. 

It's intended to be missable like that and it doesn't prevent you from progressing/enjoying the game. In my opinion, you shouldn't even be asking for it in this thread. 

I only asked for it, because others did in this thread; so in my opinion, something like that should be stated on the front page. Again, not attempting to start anything; but if something like that is going to be okay for one person, it should be totally okay for another. Even if it was another person who granted the change in question.

It's been taken care of, and I have the pendant now. Though, I would like to state: If something like that doesn't need to be asked here, that it be made clear as day on the front page. And, any and all people editing save files should follow the same set of rules and not have something like this left to every individual editing save files' judgment; otherwise you will keep getting situations like this and more and more upset people.

It's either okay for all, or it isn't okay for any. At least, that's how it should be if you want to maintain a consistently tame environment. Without some level of actual guidelines, even in a single thread, you create chaos and misconception. Especially in a forum as large as this one. And, that will only lead to trouble; flame wars; arguing; and other unsavoury issues based entirely on a lack of clear communication.

Now, before this topic gets derailed any further; those are my thoughts on the subject, and I hope at the very least they're noted and the problem is seen.