[IC] Fate/Reborn 2.0 Second War

Shamitako

Assassin:

After the preliminary sword attack, Liliya had helped Kazuki to his feet, and started moving him back. At this point it'd probably be obvious that they knew of an assailant, and the next attack was sure to be quick. However, there was a bit more time than she would have expected, maybe the assailant was preparing something with a servant, who knew. It was as Liliya was pulling Kazuki back past a a set of shop fronts that the volley was released. It was difficult to time it correctly, but Liliya attempted to push Kazuki into a small alcove containing the door to a shop, then quickly retreat away from the flung swords herself. The speed necessary for this would certainly out her as a servant, but that was going to happen anyway.

The weakened master would be unprotected right now, but with offensive pressure they could probably keep the attention off of him. In any case, after this, Liliya began to make her way backwards, away from the attacker. If she concealed herself, she could probably head around a side road, and take the master from behind. You want me to take the master from behind? I could probably head around the block quickly enough. Kazuki's in a shop doorway, getting to be a real pain keeping him alive.

Min:

You will have to clarify, Peter. Is she a shape shifter? Mental control? That was all he had to say at the moment.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get into position, but don't attack yet. Try to put the kid somewhere he can't run away, I'm not convinced he knows what's good for him. He didn't lower his weapon quite yet. "Only if I know you're not gonna be sendin' any swords in my direction in the near future. Civility's all well and good, but havin' a neck's better, in my personal opinion." Still, after a moment, he lowered the weapon. Karsten didn't holster the firearm, of course, so this mage wasn't a whole lot safer for him doing so, but it was a gesture of good faith nonetheless. "And speakin' of necks, I'm only out for one here. I ain't much interested in this Grail nonsense, but I do need to put a man in the ground, so I figure we can work somethin' out to our mutual benefit."

Nadia

"Of course, of course. No more blades for now." Nadia began to wander out from her hiding spot, slowly, confidently. "So, a hunter of mages then. That was my line of work once, though can't say l was sanctioned to do so. Justice had to be done. But those specifics aren't important now." she had finally laid eyes on the man, at least fully. Rugged, looked like he was playing cowboy, though his shot earlier probably meant he wasn't faking all of that. She looked him up and down, sizing him up. She looked down her nose at him for the timebeing. But she soon released a deep breath and dropped that facade.

She knew his assassin was bound to be somewhere nearby, she looked around for her spotting her trying to get behind her. She just smiled back at her and waved, indicating she was fully aware of her presence. Before turning back to the Master that had called this ceasefire. "So cowboy, what'cha have in mind? lf you're getting involved with a Grail War your quarry must also be involved. Yes?"

Karsten nodded. "Man named Min. Not a nice one, either. There's a good amount of cash available if he stops usin' up oxygen sometime soon, if you get the picture." So she was another mage hunter, interesting. Sanctioned. . . Well, he couldn't say he had any special qualification himself, he wasn't exactly an Enforcer. "Association's not the only one that wants him dead, either. As to our actual arrangement, way I see it, we can do this a couple different ways. First way's the simplest; I go my way, you go yours, and if we meet again, we ignore each other. You get one less person to deal with, I get the same thing. Or, we could work together to kill off this bastard. Your choice."

Nadia

"That's all well and good..." Nadia seemed to trail off for a moment, carefully taking the time to consider her next words. After all, she wasn't yet sure of this individual's temperment yet. How'd they would react to her pressing. But, she supposed it was for the best to know now just how truthful this individual was. lf this was but a ruse, or if he were to tell truth about wanting nothing with this war.

"But... once you get your man, are you out of this war? Are you finished? l can't help but notice the first help you were negociating with looks quite worse for wear. There was a reason l was trying to kill him first after all. Further... what do you know about this Min? Do you know what servant he has summoned? What he craft he peddles? There's important questionsin this business after all, and further l've a war to win. l'm fine with working with you, but understand that as soon as your man is in the dirt... well. lf you remain in it you'll once more be my enemy. Solving this problem amicably would be...ideal, no?"

"Oh, him? Kid looked like that when I found 'em. If I meant him any harm, he wouldn't be alive to look so pathetic." He shrugged. "And yeah. I ain't here to lose my head over a miracle that probably doesn't exist. Whenever anyone tells you they've got that kinda thing for ya, you'd best start checkin' for poisoned needles, or worse. I ain't a good man, but I am one of my word; I promise ya, as soon as Min bites it, I'm done with the war. You can count on it." Since they seemed to have actually reached a point of ceasing hostilities, he holstered the gun, and pulled out an entirely different device; his lighter. Karsten shuffled back a bit to get out of the rain, withdrew a cigar, and lit it, taking a deep breath of it (with another somewhat dissatisfied expression) before continuing. "Damned waste of money. This Min's a drug dealer, and not the kind that sells weed to teenagers on the corner. Don't know what Servant he's got, yet, but I've got some favors to call in; one of 'em might get em that info."

Maria

"Herbal tea should be fine." Maria answered, ignoring the question about Aria's clumsiness, "Once Aria finally finishes her task, please prepare tea for Lady Isis and take it to her as an excuse to wake her. If you wish to placate her further, accompany it with a slice of chocolate cake. Renton should be able to assist you in finding whatever you need, he usually prepares his own lunch about this time."

Just as Maria finished her explanation, with such perfect timing it seemed almost planned, Aria stumbled her way up the stairs. She carried a stack of neatly folded maid uniforms in her arms, barely maintain her hold over them as she fought to maintain her stability. Just as she neared her destination, her clumsiness finally overtook her and she tripped. As she fell forward, the outfits flew from her hands, only to be caught by a waiting Maria, who had well anticipated their flight.

"Your uniforms, Satania." Maria held them out for Victoria to take, paying no mind to her clumsy sister sprawled out on the floor. 

Saber & Nadia

/Oh, why that sounds like a marvelous opportunity./ Tessa's voice echoed in Nadia's head, carrying with the telepathic message a hint of sarcasm and doubt. /Shall I remain hidden then or should I make myself known to our potential allies? If it's an Assassin I might have an issue engaging them unless I confirm visual during combat./ She asked as she rapidly approached, staying at the perimeter from where she wouldn't be able to be sensed yet, waiting for her Master's command. After all, Nadia was the one handling the situation over there. Tessa had no clue what was even going on or what she was planning.

------------------------------------------------

Rosie & Rider

Rosie whistled as he circled around the block where Red went. There were a couple of people here and there but no one suspicious, He did, however, use this time to pull out a small digital camera and start taking pictures all over the place like the tourist he was. So long he wasn't receiving any new messages from Red, he was sure she was all right.

Ruler

"I see." And then silence. She sounded honest enough, but mages were duplicitous types. There was no way to know for sure. She supposed she could wait until she met this brother of hers. . . for now, she'd have to trust Erica. 

After a while, she did speak up again. "We should go into the city and look for more Servants."

Julius

I actually got the message across! She did reject my offer though - w-was it a rejection? Oh god I was rejected! I knew I was gonna be rejected! Aaaah!

Julius' face went through a hundred different motions at once, each pulling his mouth at different angles.

He did in the end manage to align them into a semblance of an awkward smile. 

It would be apparent to anyone that he was too incompetent and awkward to be lying, or scheming anything in particular.

"Err, yeap! Sure thing! Yeah! Good idea! Err - yeah - um - bye!"

Julius backed off from the console, and exhaled all the breath that he had been holding, kneeing becoming suddenly weak.

"Uhh," he said shakily and sniffing a little, "t-that's enough talking for today..."

Julius fell on his bottom and then crawled his way back to his books. "I-er, yeah...books are nice." He mumbled, opening the book upside-down again.

Visrii

Ashnard's blows were fierce, giving little time for Visrii to move freely before another swipe or thrust forced Visrii back into the defence.

However, as much as Ashnard's onslaught rained down attacks on Visrii, the werewolf's claws would find only a scrape of Visrii's armor before being blocked or deflected off.

With a now unparalleled speed and now a boosted strength, he manoeuvred even in the confines of the cage to find a defence.

Some of the attacks did leave their marks. The roses and crest of the armor was slashed with scrapes everywhere - even with the best defense, the cage did not allow Visrii to mitigate all damage.

Visrii shifted sideways and with precise timing punted the gut thrust sideways - another large scrape appeared on Visrii's side, but no blood was drawn.

Delaying is most likely beneficial. So far little damage.

Red

Though she knew the Shadow's, Red made no attempt to avoid it. She was too close to succeeding in her attack to back off now, and even if she did back off, the fairy's dust was slowing her down too much for her to dodge anyways. She dug her fangs into Tinkerbell, injecting the tiny fairy with neurotoxin. Though it would have been little more than a mild irritant to a full size servant, for a tiny familiar like this it was a deadly threat. Once the bite was secured, Red dropped her spider install, the vanishing legs and fangs releasing the fairy to fall away as the Shadow dragged Red back into the sky headfirst.

Thinking quickly and a little desperately, Red moved her arms up to try to fight the Shadow's grip. "Install." A pair of long yellowish antennae sprouted out from her hood as her fingers wrapped around the Shadow's hands. With an immense amount of strength she tugged the shadow's grasp away from her face, attempting to shove off of them and fall back towards the ground. But taking the time to complete the bite had cost her, and though she managed to shift herself enough to avoid Peter's attack striking her head, the sword still pierced through her shoulder. A sharp cry of pain escaped her lungs, another install riding along it. Another set up spider legs sprouted from her sides, scrabbling at the wall of the nearby building to try to halt her descent and allow her to regain control of the situation before Peter made a follow-up attack with his second blade.

Peter

It seemed that the girl was stubborn; there was worry for Tinkerbell, of course, but Peter had to focus on the opening he had in hand; though short of a fatal blow, his sword remained driven into her shoulder, and he was going to make sure it stayed the way, as he twisted the sword deeper within her, trying to reach deeper into her torso, trying to gain some semblance of damage. The strength of the motion threatened to cut off her right arm as it continued to gouge with her resistance, bloodlife flooding from it. Silently uttering some silent commands to his shadow who had briefly been knocked aside by Red's force, the shadow swiveled past Peter before knocking Red away from any semblance of matter she attempted to balance herself with, a glint following its movement as it closed in for another attack, the trio inching closer to the ground as they fell. 

Victoria/"Satania"

Victoria managed to keep her expression blank as the maid outfit was presented. Oh. So this would be happening. She'd... sort of been hoping that her Master was going to get them going before she had to... fiiiine. "Alrighty then..." she said, taking the outfits. "I'll just... get changed. Yeah." She indicated for them to leave her to do so, and when they did would begin to put it on. This was... possibly the most ridiculous thing that had ever happened to her. 

Erica

The conversation lulled for a bit, and Erica looked to the city. "We've been walking a while. Seems as good a time as any to get into the city proper and start trying to find other participants - maybe we'll find some that are already weakened." She said, as she changed directions, taking them from the outskirts into a residential area.

Assassin:

"Yeah, done so. Guy's in a doorway about fifteen meters back from you. Probably couldn't run if he tried. Heading around the block, north." Liliya had left Kazuki on the threshold of some little shop, then headed back around the block. Spirit form, heading around at a quick pace, though carefully checking corners. Until she'd be about a bit behind where the other master should be. Not too close, but Liliya was confident that she could close the distance if necessary.

"In position."

Marian

Soon after the boy’s transmission came to a close, the drone floated away from Marian, seeming to give her a nod before turning and floating away into the night. After a few seconds of silence, Marian let out a deep breath she had held in, putting a hand on her chest as she did so. She didn’t seem to be in any danger right now… And that person seemed nice enough. She just wasn’t sure if their Servant was the same deal. In all honesty she’d much rather have Lancer watching her back while she talked to another Master, rather than not having them around.

At that train of thought, Marian couldn’t help but put her hand on the crystal in her pocket, about to send a message to Lancer… Before stopping herself. He could still be fighting at this point, and she could mess up his concentration and get him killed if she interrupted.

So, with that, Marian brought her hand back out of her pocket, walking over to one of the buildings and putting her back against one of the walls. She wasn’t going to head back in the direction Lancer and that thing were fighting at, and she wasn’t going to go forward now that she knew another Servant was that way. 

So, she’d just stay put for now.

Proditor

For the most part, Proditor barely moved when Julius finished his ‘talk’. He had to say though, Julius had done better than he expected. This other Master could prove to be an ally later down the line, though they would need to have a reason to, as it was still obvious that only one person could win.

But, right now, he didn’t need to focus on that. What mattered right now was this base of operations. It was getting closer to completion, but it still was not there… Yet.

Red

Unable to gain a grip on the wall because of the Shadow, Red simply bounced off it and continued to tumble toward the ground. The sudden shift in direction combined with Peter's attempts to twist the sword deeper into her, resulting in the blade slicing out of her body through her side, taking a chuck of spidery flesh and two of her additional legs with it. Many of her internal organs, including her left lung, were severely damaged and she could no longer feel her arm, but at the very least she was freed from Peter's blade. She tried to right herself before she hit the ground, but there wasn't enough time left and she slammed into the pavement on her good side, causing a Red-shaped dent and further jumbling her injured organs. She recovered from the shocks quickly, using her remaining spider limbs to rapidly roll over and jump backwards out of the way of a potential follow-up attack. Finally standing upright on the ground again, she released the spider install.

She was severely injured, if she didn't do anything there was a good chance that if Peter continued his assault she would be killed. But Red wasn't done in just yet. even if she couldn't fight in this condition, she still had one friend who could. "Master, I'm unleashing my noble Phantasm.

Ignoring the pain across the entire left side of her body, she lifted her right arm in front of her, palm down, and began to chant.

"A deep growling voice;

Sharp and vicious eyes..."

A glowing red magic circle formed underneath her palm as she chanted, expanding outwards in front of her to a three-meter diameter.

Nadia

Nadia looked back at the assassin who had moved and stared at her for a good moment before waving again. /l know where Assassin is, and further what she looks like. Rather typically European, average hieght, athletic build. Seems to have a fondness for brown as that's the colour of all of her prominent articules of clothing. lt also happens to be the colour of her hair and her eyes./ Nadia squinted to be sure if she saw this next thing clearly before continuing. /She also seems to have some scarring on her hands. A few cuts, most on the back of her hands. Given the size and shape, most definitely from knives. Not self inflicted. Seem to be similar to draw cuts... Perhaps uses them herself? Might be too much of a leap but l know scars. They speak to me, these definitely look like something one would acquire in a fight using similar weaponry as their opponent./

/Her master seems to be magehunting another in the war and as a result had to join themselves to be able to take out a man who now has a servant at his beck and call. Says he'll leave after he gets his mark, wants nothing to do with the war. How certain on that... l'm not but if they try anything lf we've been with them well... l'm sure you can handle them at that point with all of your observations. lt seems they have an injured master with them as well... one l'm less than confident in. His injuries l believe are from overdraw of his mana. That likely means Berserker. Feel free to show yourself as well, after all, l know where Assassin is, you shouldn't feel the need to hide yourself. Besides, saves me the trouble of having to explain who my servant is. Notably, they've not even asked. Peculier if l say so myself./

"Ah, of course. information is paramount after all." she said turning back to face Karsten again. "l mostly worked off my own information, but l know the advantages of others, who perhaps ply the trade of intelligence, conduct that work. Regardless, if we are working together perhaps proper introductions are in order." she said curtsing for some reason. "Nadia Darke. Charmed~" the lilt to her voice seeming to imply that name should mean something.

Berserker

The movement however had left Visrii open, he wasn't quite as fast as he thought it would seem or underestimated the Beast's ability. Often a fatal mistake, however in this instance the Lancer would get a lighter sentence. Ashnard's other arm wheeled around with a speed unexpected as his other attack was knocked askew. As the motion was spur of the moment it wasn't as precisely aimed as the other, barely missing center of mass. Visrii flet as the Beast's arm punched through his midriff, and the beast's hand lodged itself into his gut. The newfound warmth caused the Beast to hum with a grim satifisaction. Blood once more soaked his fur. lt felt euphoric. But, something else pulled at the back of hismind,tht his time for now was up. lf he wished for more time he'd have to leave now. He could perhaps kill this not-so-knight if he had the infinite time, but the clock was about to strike midnight. His time had gone faster than he had thought.

He laughed to himself as pulled his arm out, now wet with crimson. Hopping back, he spoke. "Rejoice! My time is up! You should run to that little master of yours. She faces more threats to her safety than l, perhaps greater ones. l want to fight servants, not small fry. So go, make sure she's safe. l want to be the one to kill you."he ran off without another word, much more silent this time, though... it was mostly due to the fact there wasn't many building left to crumble on the path he had already traveled.

Kazuki

The Servant was taking a greater toll on his body that he'd imagined, and the fact that he was subdued, unable to do anything about the situation, didn't help that much either; the pain in his arm began to grow to excruciating levels, he heaved and collapsed further into the ground, trying to alleviate some of the pain by tightly clutching his burning skin. Whatever that beast was doing, it was going to be the death of him, he thought, not knowing if it had any semblance of notice that its Master was in danger, or that he simply didn't care so long as he had his share of the hunt. He wasn't that convincing earlier when he attempted negotiating. Whatever remaining attentions his mind could put onto his exasperation of his predicament were brief, as his breathing grew rapid and hoarse, struggling to even walk. There was only the sliver of hope that perhaps his captors, of all people, would aid him, if they wanted to use him. 

Peter

I've got her now, He sent to his Master, as he readied himself in front of her weakened foe, despite her attempt at a last resort. While the opposing Servant had had the time to ready herself, Peter had collected the enfeebled Tinkerbell, who now stayed close to him, a faint glow hidden in his hat as she struggled. She just had to hold on. Tink will need help after this, but I've got her! 

Charging toward Red from their initial airborne condition, Peter and his Shadow attempted another pincer strike, each with a blade in hand; the Shadow lunged from the front while Peter took a longer dive above her, attacking from two different directions. They just had to make it in time. 

Rosie & Rider

/You go an show 'em, Rider./ Rosie said. It was too early to stress himself with worrying too much about Red's safety. She was a strong Servant and so long as she wasn't calling him to come pick her up, he was sure she was more than capable of handling the situation on her own. Seeing no one particularly suspicious on the way, he proceeded to fasten his pace. The rain provided a perfect cover for such behaviour, after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Saber & Nadia

Nadia was such a perfect Master for her-Tessa would've thought had she not been herself. Perhaps bedridden or somesuch, she might've come to that or a similar conclusion. Regardless, she could be glad that they weren't yet pulling any tricks up on Nadia and that she could also feel free to reveal herself to them. Unwilling to admit that she was quite taken aback by the amount and precision of the information she'd been provided with, Tessa simply jumped up with all her strength, landing next to Nadia with a soft resounding thud of rubber soles against the concrete, soaked dress falling in surprisingly graceful layers around her thin form. Her eyes were focused on the man with a cigar, while her other senses searched for the Assassin's whereabouts, yet she let her arms drag above her as she descended, and relax joined behind her back, away from the hilt of her prized blade. She didn't come here to fight, and she showed it to them by allowing a soft smile to dance across her lips, countering the focus shown in her eyes' relentless gaze.

"And I'm Saber. Pleased to meet you as well." She said, following Nadia's step. /Peculiar indeed. Is this the man that cares not for the grail? If he's truly as indifferent, we could use him and his Servant without worrying about repercussions later on in the War. What bothers me is alleged Berserker's Master and, by extension, Berserker themself. If the Master is here, dying, then they will be here soon as well. Well...unless they've gone completely feral and care not for such trifles as a consisten source of Mana without which their very existence will cease. In other news, I'm done observing Assassin's Master. If he tries to pull anything, I'll slice his fingers off along with that gun's barrel./

Red

Spoiler

"A deep growling voice;

Sharp and vicious eyes;

All the better."

The magic circle beneath Red's hand sparked with energy, bolts like red lightning crackled along it's edges. An aura of raw power emanated out from her towards Peter as he retrieved his fairy companion. 

"Large, attentive ears;

Fangs molded from iron;

All the better."

The energy arcing across the circle increased in their frequency and intensity. The wind picked up, causing red's cloak to whip about, exposing her bloodied torso and limp arm. Peter and his Shadow moved to attack her, forcing her to talk faster. The chant was really just s formality, Susi wouldn't mind if Red rushed a little. 

"I speak and see and hear for you.

Devour for me,

The Wolf!"

Red's arm flew straight up in the air as she shouted the name of her Noble Phantasm. The magic circle exploded into a burst of light as an enormous wolf tore out of it. The beast's emergence was accompanied by a howl that pierced the night, creating both physical and magical turbulence that threatened to tear Peter from the air. At the same time, the Shadow's sword struck the Wolf, but was easily stopped by the beast's thick fur. 

Red couldn't help but smirk. As if a mortal weapon such as that had any hope of harming her beloved Wolf. Red might not have been a match for Peter and his familiars on her own, but with Susi by her side she was invincible.

"Karsten Solberg. A pleasure, ma'am." He gave a short bow and a tip of his hat in response to her curtsy. Darke, eh? Well, he was glad he was working with her. He'd heard. . . stories, about that family. They weren't nice folk, even among mages, to say the least. Something else drew his attention, though; namely, his charge apparently deciding that now was a good time to start dying. "Kid, you okay?" No readily apparent wounds. . . mana drain? He didn't detect any spells being cast, so it must be his Servant. "You might wanna call your Servant off whatever he's up to."

Assassin:

As soon as Liliya felt the presence of another servant, she'd widened the distance between herself and the master, Nadia. Now about thirty meters back, still in spirit form, she watched as a servant touched down. Probably Saber. Reasonably conclusion given the sword at her side. Definitely saber, Liliya thought, after the Servant stated that fact directly. You still want to ally with this person? Unlike Kazuki, this Nadia seems dangerous on her own, and on top has a Saber. Well, up to you I guess, but I don't plan on introducing myself at the present if that's alright. She was an assassin, and if Karsten wanted to ally with these people, they'd need as many advantages as possible for when they were inevitably backstabbed.

Even with her precog, there wouldn't be much she could do against a faster servant or a even mediocre noble phantasm. So hiding herself as long as possible, even if it wouldn't increase trust, was probably for the best.

Min:

Min hit his head on the fabric of the back of the seat of his car. This wasn't enough information! Did this Servant know anything about the necessity of information in battle, or how to quickly convey it?

Peter. What is going on? Why will tink need help? "I've got this" tells me nothing. Explain what is going on now.

Julius

As the building continued to change around him, Julius continued to read the pages of the ancient book upside down, back to front. Julius liked books. He loved the pages crinkling underneath the fingers, the homely aroma of a well-worn book, the solace of their words. Books were treasure troves of knowledge - but more than that, they were eternal observers, impartial and silent. The one constant in a chaos. Unlike people, books didn't judge him - they listened and spoke with absolute indifference. And he had absolute control over the pace of their conversation. When he wanted to stop, he could simply put down the book and walk away.

Julius looked like a completely different person as the white haired mage-in-training slipped deeper into the depth of the book. The awkward air, the nervous look, even, if Proditor was to listen, the constant self-deprecating voice that been constantly plaguing him had been silenced. His complexities about himself had disappeared and was replaced with absolute attention. The faint blue spheres hung silently above Julius' head, as if to read the book over his shoulder.

In this meditative state, Julius examined the contents of the book that he might be able to try to train up in the rest period between or before battles. He flicked through the last few pages detailing complicated concepts, almost faded from view.

All of these are pretty high level. I should find something that fits within my limitations. I can currently control a total of 3 orbs with confidence whilst maintaining Proditor's form. There should be techniques to try and use them with higher efficiency...

Julius subconsciously started to rearrange the orbs above his head, like a few attentive soldiers changing formation in a military drill. 

Visrii

The halberd's blade stuck to the ground, Visrii leaning on it for support as blood pooled out below him. Without the battle momentum to continue his fighting spirit, Visrii felt the whole and full brunt of the gaping wound in his torso. The wound shocked his body, each movement rocking waves of fiery pain across his entire being. Though his eyes were half-blind with the pain, his mind continued to stay afloat above it all, cautiously calculating all movement. Visrii smirked in a mockery of himself, lips stitched upwards.

Reminds me of bad old times.

The red-haired demon, hot-headed and misled. The  He was a savior of nothing but a dead faith, guardian of a faded God. Thankfully, he had found his new purpose before the end of his life - and with it, some new tricks.

A orange-golden circle of warmth appeared over the wound. Thick blood trawled to a close, and halted completely.

This part will hurt.

Visrii gritted his teeth and forced his mind to be fully aware of every sensation. He forced himself to be aware, pain and all, feeling each and every torn tendon and ruptured vein for its searing existence. But only through awareness he could heal - the experience of months of healing condensed into just seconds. He grit his teeth and his usually stoic expression broke into a wince as the magic accelerated the healing process within his body rapidly. For a moment, black and maroon crowded Visrii's vision as the pain imploded within but soon the pain subsided. It was still there - the spell didn't fully regenerate his entire body from the get-go, but at least he didn't have a hole in his body now.

The armor, blown in by the blow, shimmered slightly and glowed in the rain. White mist flickered from the minor scratches as the armor slowly repaired itself.

Angelic armaments. So this is why they have persisted so long.

He had recovered most of the wound from the previous battle - the armor was still damaged and he would have to be careful for the next day or so as he had to give his body some time to properly heal, but nothing was a permanent loss. The real damage was his pride. He had just lost the very first battle in the entire War, and to a Beast no less. As the Berserker said, there would be many more stronger Servants to come. Unless he could improvise and adapt, he would never overcome such trials - much less protect Master. He could not afford to fail like again. Not this time, not in this life. 

Nonetheless, he had to report the bad news to Master.

Master - I have failed. The Berserker has managed to escape. I will return to your location now.

After a couple jumps and teleports, he landed a few steps away from Marian.

Ah. Master is safe.

He was relieved - a little too relieved - that no-one had approached Master during his skirmish. If anything had happened to Master, he would have truly and utterly failed as a Servant and guardian. He bowed his head in shame as he reported back to her.

"Master."

Peter

I stand corrected, he replied. It appears the little girl's fought back. I was about to kill our fellow Rider here, but now I have a walking Wolf Phantasm in my hands. 

What better way to fight if injured that to command someone to fight in your stead? Peter had knew this would come, but he'd conquered her even amidst her setup domain; Peter would not run. He could feel Tink tugging at his hair, knowing that she needed help; the Servant had inflicted a rather grave wound on her. Given that the snarling wolf before him was a Noble Phantasm, it would likely be as hard as it would its master to fight, and time was perhaps not something he could afford if his Pixie companion was his priority. Would she give chase if he were to retreat for Tink's sake? Or would she retreat alongside him, complacent with a stalemate? It would be a gamble.

"To the skies!" He exclaimed, rushing toward the sky, primarily to see how she'd react, feigning another aerial assault from above. What came next would prompt his next act, as he urged Tink to hold on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maid RPG

Clad in her newly a quired maid outfit, Victoria/Satania arrived in the kitchen. There was another occupant already there, a young man. He had the most beautiful skin Victoria had ever seen, chin-length, wavy, black hair, and narrow, deep brown eyes. He was wearing a well-kept tuxedo with white gloves, and looked altogether far too attractive in it. 

Upon noticing the new arrival, the man, who must have been Renton, stood and gave a short bow. "Hello. You must be Satania." he said in a slightly exotic accent, "Maria told me that the mistress had brought home a new servant, she failed to mention the new servant's beauty."