[IC] Fate/Reborn 2.0 Second War

Shamitako

Proditor

Again, there was a rather long amount of silence between Caster and his master, mostly due to Proditor focusing on his Territory Creation again. However, suddenly, Proditor spoke up again, right into Julius’s mind,

“My planet was centuries away from Earth, even in terms of light years. It is not important to you, nor will it ever be. My race came here due to its destruction, however, and we were searching for other forms of life to elevate. By your race’s definition, I believe the Temple Ship I was stationed on would be considered ‘cool’. Your media had different views on what alien species looked like, however, some of our ground troops did bear similarities to what you believed to be aliens. I am named ‘Proditor’ due to the fact that my species uses names that refer to past deeds. I betrayed my race. Hence my name” Proditor explained simply, “So, yes, alien society is different from human society. Though, some aspects remain.”

“Like corruption” Proditor thought silently, making sure not to relay that thought to Julius.

Thankfully, that line of thought was put on hold when the observation machine he had created in the center of the room flashed red, drawing Proditor’s attention as it brought up live footage of…

A rather normal, black haired girl walking through the streets nearby. Or, as normal as one can be walking around alone at this time of night, especially with expensive clothing such as hers.

Immediately, Proditor’s helmet tilted forward. He had set the alarms to react to magic. Which meant that this woman was a potential mage. Or, more likely, another Master.

In the case of a Master, it wouldn’t be too hard to take her out here and now. Their Servant did not seem to be around, which left them vulnerable.

However, there was another option…

“Master, there is another mage nearby, with a high probability of them being another Master” Proditor stated, turning to Julius, “As of now, we have three options. One, we can let them go and not reveal ourselves, remaining hidden. Two, we can eliminate them. Or three, we can attempt negotiations to gain an ally for the beginning of the War” he explained, “Each option have their own merits, though I suggest the first option. However, the choice is up to you, Master.”

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadia

Nadia had finally arrived at the mall that had been her target since her servant arrived there. She just wanted to be sure that Saber had left the area with her own eyes. Perhaps a strange sentiment but Nadia tended to be full of those. She checked the surronding area, it seemed pretty dead and abandoned. lt was storming after all,so it wasn't truly surprising but, it felt... wrong. She decided to make sure the area was clear before continuing. lt didn't take her toomuch time to notice soemthing very out of the ordinary. Cracks in the concrete...clearly damage from impacts. She sighed, this was definitely the work of a servant. A powerful one. Worse... this was just it's movement.

/Saber, be careful. l'm not sure if you've seen the wake of destruction, but there's a servant travelling in a similar direction as you. They definitely went towards the district l told you to head to. Worse, they are immensely powerful. l can't say if that means Berserker or not but they aren't remotely trying to cover their tracks... it's likely that they are a Berserker... or worse than that someone who's so powerful they don't really care about covering their movements. Let's hope it's the former. Berserkers are known for being extremely predictable. Despite their level of power l'm sure your abilities would make fighting one much easier than you'd expect.

Berserker

The orbs never reached the wolf in time, though they still landed, blowing the barely standing building away. Whoever had been inside was surely dead. A Green Spark was the Lancer's only warning something had happened, as suddenly The Beast was upon him. He had closed all of the distance between the two in an instant. The wicked maw of The Beast gravitated towards the man's throat, after all, it was any beast's favourite place to strike. The most vulnerable place on the body of any creature, let alone a man.

Julius

Oh yeah - reading minds! Right! Err, sorry 'bout that...

Julius cautiously peered at Proditor. Betrayed his own race? Well, there's got to be some reasoning behind it, huh?

People were often too busy burning traitors at stakes to actually look around and understand why they had done so.

Though admittedly, Julius wasn't particularly reassured that his Servant had betrayed once before, Julius resolved to trust in the Servant. After all, if he didn't trust in his own Servant, then who else?

Julius was about to ask the Servant what his name was before he was named 'Proditor', before Proditor spoke up about the approaching Master.

A Master without a Servant? Already? Julius bit down on his thumb, nervous at their first encounter with another Master. Did they have to kill another person? Julius wasn't quite prepared to make that call.

Julius hid a sigh of relief when Proditor suggested to ally with her instead.

"Y-yeah! Ally with them! Err, because more the merrier, right?" Julius said. "Plus, um, I'm pretty sure if they're a threat, we can uhh, eliminate them."

Julius nodded reassuringly, though he wasn't sure who he was reassuring. "Yeah, let's do that. Uh, is there any way to contact them from here though?"

Visrii

A moment before the Berserker charged, mana surged around Visrii. Imperceptibly, lightning arcing on Axiom's blade turned into deep purple before disintegrating into a violet smoke.

Got you.

Instead of the throat, the maw would bite down on the Axiom's shaft, Visrii already having manoeuvred to counter the charge.

In the split second of impact, pain shocked Visrii's arms - the bite alone shook the knight's stance. But Visrii was not done; raw strength could slay thousands, but it alone would not be enough to outplay one who had spent his life in combat with beasts and men.

Visrii slipped underneath the charging werewolf, using Axiom to keep the beast's momentum through. He had baited the werewolf to charge - now he just had to let the beast going, straight to the trap behind him.

A shock imploded behind them, a purple singularity violently ripping into existence. The miniature black hole was positioned exactly within the Beast's trajectory, light, buildings and debri crumbling and flying towards it as the void tore its surroundings towards itself.

Proditor

In response to Julius’s, Proditor turned back to the room’s main device, his arms rapidly inserting a series of codes, “A quick redesign of the drone is necessary, but… There” Proditor stated, one of his arms beckoning Julius forward, “As the Master, I shall leave you to do the diplomacy. I have this base to finish” he stated, floating a few feet away from the device to give Julius the space to do his own work.

Marian

… Alright, Marian had to admit, she was completely lost. She really should’ve gotten a map or something before heading out… Or at least studied the city before the War started, Dammit… Marian cursed to herself, sighing heavily as she stopped in her tracks. She should really head back to the place Lancer dropped her off at. That way it would be a lot easier for Visrii to tra-

Suddenly, Marian paused. Something wasn’t right. It was too quiet. Way too quiet. Then, it came to her, a small buzzing sound coming from right behind her, causing her to whip around, hand

holding her Command Seals instinctively rising as she came face to face with…

A small, hovering robot, projecting a small screen to show her a white haired kid (teenager, more accurately) in some sort of armored room.

Needless to say, this cause Marian to raise an eyebrow, taking a step back from the drone, “Um… Hello?” she greeted cautiously, gripping the gem in her pocket. She couldn’t distract Lancer right now… Especially if he was still fighting that thing.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Berserker

The Beast felt as it's momentum was being used against it, as the not-so-knightly figure ducked beneath him trying to send him for some sort of trap he had lain for him. However... The Beast smirked, cause he was right where he wanted to be right now. Humans... so predictable. Just because he was a Berserker didn't mean his mind was lost to madness. Hatred maybe, but not madness.  As The Beast soared over the Lancer, he let go of the man's weapon and shouted out a single word. A word of immense power, one that ingnited his power. He truly unleashed the body magic he'd prepared.

He shouted one word "Käfig!!!" Lightning sprung forth from multiple points on his body, screaming out from under the werewolf's fur and skin. The green bolts however didn't even remotely try to strike The Lancer instead they burned outward. Pale green barriers formed around the pair, directly centered on the two of them. Runes quickly etched themselves into them, intricate and ornate. They solidfied the cage and made the walls manifest for truth. 

While the Black Hole might've been pulling him, it only allowed him enough time to flip his orientation while tumbling through the air. The Beast touched down on the side of the cage, the Black Hole allowing him to stand on the sideways surface for a time. lt was clear it was sending lightning coursing through his veins, but it didn't phase him at all, at the least nothing showed on The Beast's face but a cruel smirk. The "trap" the Lancer had laid gave enough time for him to push off the wall and send his form rocketing back towards the Lancer at full speed. There was no way to dodge out of the way, there was no room to swing such weapon as a halbard. The Cage was made exactly for this purpose. To tie down any enemy that Ashanrd couldn't pin down with his own raw speed and power.

Erica

"Despite being born with what our family would consider a crippling disability and treated..." she pauses "Badly, by those within and outside the family he has not let it turn him vindictive or cruel. He's had every reason to hate me with all his being but he hasn't, and I can't say with certainty that I would do the same. I can't say my opinion is unbiased, but that would be why." She keeps the same tone throughout her statement, largely formal and respectful. 

Victoria/"Satania"

Victoria got to her feet, dusting herself off as the maid ran to get her a uniform. "Thanks for that. I should have been more careful - does she have an aura of clumsiness or something? Anyway... yeah, sorta. I've mostly made herbal tea before but there's not much difference in how different types are prepared, right?"

Julius

W-whaat?!

Julius stared at Proditor in disbelief.

Me? D-diplomacy? What do you mean?

He cautiously approached the monitor, though his whole body was leaned away, attempting to reject the monitor's vicinity. Through it, he saw a brown-haired woman, looking up at the monitor, looking at him.

And it's a girl! I-I can't even talk to you properly!

He glanced back at Proditor, who had floated away. He felt like a fish out of water. No, more like a fish in space.

And he felt so much like a fish in space that he looked like one, opening and closing his mouth as he tried to formulate a greeting. Mentally, he wrote thousands of drafts.

I come in peace! (That's for aliens, not people)

Hello there! (General Kenobi)

Nice hair! (Compliment is nice, but sounds creepy)

I have no clue what I am doing, please help. (Probably not the best first impression)

I have a freaking alien for a Servant! (Sounds like a total nerd)

After what seemed like a thousand years to Julius (actually 3 seconds, but time is relevistic), he finally decided to simply open the floodgates.

"Hey my name is Julius and I would like to propose to you an alliance because it would increase the chances of us winning the war together and you seem like a pretty cool person thank you!"

Visrii

Lightning cage. Movement limited. Halberd swing range limited.

Visrii's mind whirred as it processed the new developments, trying to find the best possible route.

Admittedly, he had not expected the Beast to be able to cast, let alone synthesize the cage and his situation was certainly disadvantageous.

He didn't have to to counter efficiently enough. He pulled up a defensive stance, designed to deflect as much of Ashnard's attack power as possible. Though it was going to hurt, there was no room for counter.

Time was still on his side - his opponent's Master was surely running out with the inefficiency of this Beast. He either had to defend until the opponent's Master ran out, or he had to look for rooms to counter attack.

Master, I'm sorry - the opponent is much tougher than expectedHe reported.

Assassin:

"So it was a Berserker. Nice. Hard to control, beastlike. Most of that we could have guessed, but good to know. Well, we're gonna. . ." Liliya stopped here, and then spoke directly to Karsten's mind. You think we should blindfold him? I don't see him escaping, but, it ain't a hard precaution to take. After that, I'll probably go spirit form, take point as we go on and scout out the way ahead.

Min

A little girl with a wolf. Was the wolf the servant? Or were they a pair? Well, Min didn't know who this was, so he had nothing to input, save, "Thank you." In the mean time, he simply waited, watching the rain splatter down on the window.

Saber & Nadia

/Ah yes, the makeshift canyon carved into the buildings, I've taken notice of it. If it's a Berserker, worry not, Master. I've fought beasts in my own time. I can handle a big burly mindless husk./ Saber said. /Still, falsely assuming it's a Berserker could be devastating to the strategy and approach. After all, most combatants here are most likely capable of wreaking such havoc. Perhaps there's a chase going on, so I will chase after the tracks and witness for myself if you'd allow./

Tessa's direction shifted slightly as she proceeded to follow the tracks. She'd halt if her Master said no, but for now she was gonna follow.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rosie & Rider

/Hooo?/ Rosie said both out loud and through the mental connection. /Well have fun then. I believe you can handle that so I'll circle around and look for the Master. If they're an idiot like me, they're prolly nearby./

Peter

I assume you want me to fight her alone? Kill her, if necessary? Or do you have any other uses for a Servant like this? We're not playing though...yet. Peter found it odd that his Master had simply thanked him bluntly with no particular desire or order -- and this was from the man who reprimanded him for being unprepared for the war. No matter -- his attentions returned to the girl who greeted him equally flirtatiously, a pleasant response to the Servant. 

"But of course," He answered. "My name is but free for all women to call by its own sake -- especially one so charming as you are." Both sides had yet to strike; Peter disliked waiting games, but he somewhat enjoyed the newfound charade that had developed. Tinkerbell was already looking very poised to strike with this fellow attractive girl who had her master's attention, hidden behind him, but Peter urged her to wait, knowing that beneath the innocent facade there was something wrong about this girl; something ominous. Regardless, perhaps it was time to play his cards. Feigning a relaxed demeanor, perhaps in attempt to expose something from herself with it, he lay in mid air as if on an invisible bed and rose above the ground, stopping just shy of the tip of the building that hovered above them; he made his positioning closer to the nearby streetlight, revealing his volatile, independent shadow that moved dissonantly from his relaxed stature. He seemed to make the subtle impression that she would be disadvantaged at least in terms of sheer numbers; while they weren't as powerful as Peter himself, a lot of the enemy's Servant's strength came from her own wolf, too, a nice contrast to his own strength. It was unlikely that she'd successfully catch him off guard -- Peter lived for danger, and even if she did, it was unlikely that she'd land a fatal blow either. Somehow, it was going to very enjoyable battle. 

"Perhaps you'd prefer a more romantic setting, miss?" Not that Peter hated it, but the narrow space of the street would be no good place to start the inevitable clash that would ensue, wondering if she would if she would willingly give chase if he moved. "Or do you find such a place more suited to your tastes, dark and not so warm, like the forest? I could propose a better spot to consummate our fated meeting, if you would willingly take my hand."  Amusing himself with the pixie's jealousy once more, he mockingly extended a hand from his unreachable distance, awaiting a response. 

Red

Red almost burst into laughter at Peter's attempt to intimidate her with numbers, it seemed he'd already forgotten her first words to him. His offer of a change of scenery was equally laughable, though she understood why he had to make it. She'd had plenty of time to mold the area to her advantage while waiting for someone to accept her challenge.

For example, the alley cat that Red had positioned atop the building behind Peter. She'd been planning to save it as a surprise to empower herself later in the fight, but Peter's little fairy pet was in such a perfect position for it to pounce. The cat was unlikely to completely defeat a Noble Phantasm, but it could certainly occupy some of the fairy's time.

"Engaging now. Good luck on your end, Master Rosie." Red informed her master.

Peter received no response to his invitation, such pleasantries were beyond them the moment he left the ground. His reply was instead a single word: "Install."

Without missing a beat, Red jumped towards Peter. The speed and height of her jump were high, even for a servant, allowing her to easily close the gap between herself and Peter in an instant. Her elbow led the charge, its surface covered in some kind of bony plating that definitely did not belong on such a pretty girl.

At the same time as Red's attack, the cat pounced from the roof, silently falling alongside the rain with its fangs bared, aiming to rip Tinkerbell from the sky.

Peter

Peter had been ready for the girl to strike, though Peter had not expected the unseen assailant who had been aiming for Tinkerbell from another direction; although Peter had rapidly flown out of range of Red's attack, Tinkerbell had not been so fortunate in evading her assailant as the cat's tackle managed to hit her on the side in mid-air, staggering her as she split away from Peter momentarily. Deciding to take advantage of their airborne situation, Peter quickly unsheathed his sword -- a blade around less than half his height with a golden hilt -- and lashed upward, attempting to strike the girl who had leapt to his range to attempt a first strike at a speed that rivaled her own. She had jumped higher than he had expected. Peter could entrust his Shadow with Tink's welfare for the moment as it rushed to collect the descending Pixie; he was confident that his companion would not falter so easily, especially at a girl who had angered her that much, and how she had held herself against creatures far greater before. He trusted the two could hold their own, knowing that neither of the Servants could avoid focus on anything apart from each other -- or at least he would make sure of it. The cat's descent from that height would be slowed from the lingering effects of Tinkerbell's dust that enveloped her that caused it to momentarily levitate; it was not something any of them would want to touch significantly. 

It was to be expected; he had arrived in a domain the girl herself had set up, like an insect blind to the fatal scent of the Venus flytrap. He would not run, though: Peter was no coward. He would let the battlefield shift naturally. It was just beginning, and he felt the thrill rise as he attempted his attack. 

Nadia and Saber

/That sounds fine to... wait. Hold on a moment Saber./ Nadia thought she heard movement somewhere nearby the path, which could only mean someone else involved in the war. No bystander would want to be anyhere near this, whatever had made this was a power that most would have no business being in the vinicity of. So, it was clear that whatever the sound was it had to be another Master or a Servant.  The dark provided by the storm was the perfect cover for her to hide her movements. The darknessfrom it would also aid her casting much like the night.

She got closer trying to see if she could make out anything more without revealing herself. She could hear some voices... so masters at least, whether servants were present was another story. She couldn't make out the words entirely due to the storm, but she did hear "Berserker". She looked over the ensamble there, 3 figures. Nothing looked particulary like a Berserker, but perhaps that was assuming too much? Regardless, it seemed some sort of deal was being struck here. Between a Master and at least another Master. The fact it was 3 figures was really throwing her off. She didn't sense a servant's presence but there was no way this was 3 masters. lt was too outlandish of a conclusion. lt could've been a Master and some assistant of theirs talking to another, but that was still felt off. There's no way this conversation would be held with no servants present. So, one of these entities had to be Assassin. 

She noticed the one they were talking to seemed to be having some sort of issue. Were they injured? Nadia couldn't really tell from this distance but it afforded a possibility. lf she took them out now she'd have one less servant to deal with and stop them from teaming up. /Saber, l've found enemies along the path of destruction. They are south, somewhat west of the path, not in the direct wake. You should be able to close quickly. There's 3 targets, one seems injured. l'm going to try and kill them outright. l'm engaging. lf things go badly l'll call you by Seal, otherwise arrive on foot. / she then made due on that statement. She summoned a blade of darkness in the palmof her hand, one that was exactly the same as the blade she had used to perform the summoning. Blank was the easiest thing for her to make copies of. She was familiar with the weapon... to the point she considered it an extension of her own body. She turned it over in her hand, admiring her work for a second. "You'll do." she tossed it towards the injured figure, aiming directly at what she believed was their head.

Berserker

The Beast smirked as he began his assault, he blew into a flurry of blows that seemed to have no end. He beat down on the hapless Lancer that was now at his mercy. The man was hardy, lucky him. His defenses at least proved that that'd they'd defend him for a time, though not completely. Perhaps he had resigned to his fate, to just hold on as long as possible, trying to beat the inevitable clock. What a farce, if this had been his original body there'd be no time limit. He'd enjoy playing with this man'slife for as long as he wished. But, he didn't have the time to savor breaking him.

He snarled, sending his hand towards the Lancer's gut like he had before. His claws aiming to tear into his abdomen, a move that'dprobably not kill this Lancer, but one that Ashnard wanted to perform anyway. lt'd been awhile since he felt blood on his fur... since he had felt another's beating heart in thier chest, and that beat die as he tore it out. 

Red

At the apex of her jump, a dull red light flashed under Red's cloak and her body returned to normal. "Install." With another flash of light under her cloak, a large pair of wings like that of a moth unfurled from her back. She immediately used them to fly up and away from the place Peter had dodged to, turning to face him as she did so.

Though most creatures would be cast from the sky by the rain wetting their wings, water couldn't find purchase on the powdered scales of a moth, allowing Red to fly freely. Had she known her opponent would be capable of flight themselves, she would have focused on finding more of them instead of spending so much time taking fleas off of sewer rats.

Since he couldn't anticipate that Red would fly higher, Peter's attack fell short. But Red was certain there would be a swift follow-up, one she would be in no position to dodge. She would have to rely on this form to protect her and then make a move after Peter's attack. As long as that unremarkable sword of his wasn't a hidden Noble Phantasm she was certain she would be fine.

Peter

Witnessing Red's increased altitude with an expression equal parts surprised and excited -- such that he forgot about his two allies momentarily -- it was Peter's turn to laugh. 

"Ha! What wonderful circumstances be this!" He exclaimed, rushing upward faster than before for yet another attack, taking aim at Red's left arm. 

The tide of battle grew more interesting; while he had courageously entered her setup domain, the girl now attempted to match Peter at where he was best -- in the air -- and with a pair of insect's wings, no less. Surely they provided some semblance of protection from the rain, and it also made her less vulnerable in the air; but it would matter little, or at least, Peter was confident of that. At the same time, it was clear that the little girl had some affinity with animals and creatures -- friends, she had deemed them. Would she follow her assault with a murder of crows, the likeliest avians to be present at this hour? Trying to fight Peter in the air was like trying to fight a spider in its own web; though he would still respect her speed, he had no doubt that he was faster -- would be faster -- especially with the adreanaline rush that was coming. The happier he was, the faster he was. And Peter found no greater joy that a good challenge, a good adventure. An opponent that could fly like he could. 

Assassin:

As they walked Liliya's expression twisted slightly. She'd seen, in her inner eye one might say, the image of Kazuki's head being removed by a flying sword. The moment this brief vision ended, Liliya's thoughts kicked into high gear. First a message to Karsten as rushed as she could make it, "Attack from 10 o clock."

If she'd had time, there would have been far more options. She could have told Kazuki to move on her command, concealing her identity as the servant. His reaction time was probably too low with the injuries he'd sustained though, giving it a pretty low chance of succeeding, not to mention the time it would take her to talk, but it would have been an option. Maybe with more warning, Karsten could have shot the sword out of the air, who knew. She could, of course, attempt to intercept the sword, revealing her presence, and maybe even dashing in to engage, but there was no guarantee that this was a master's attack, and not a servant that could best her. Almost everything could, if it got the element of surprise on an Assassin.

But, since there was not nearly enough time for anything complicated, and just a fraction of a second of so till Kazuki would be dead, Liliya simply stuck out her foot in front of Kazuki, aiming to trip him up. If he wasn't falling fast enough, she'd give him some "help" from behind so that the sword could fly past over his head. "Fuck, he was trying to escape." Liliya called to Karsten. It wasn't a great cover up all things considered, but it would fool some, and the fact that it was raining might obscure some of it. . . whatever. It couldn't really hurt.

Min

"Yes, yes, get rid of her. We have no need of liabilities that might stab me in my back. Tell me when you begin to fight, and keep me updated." If the battle went poorly, Min would order a retreat, and they would have gained useful information. If it went well, then that was one prisoner or dead servant they didn't need to worry about.

Karsten took only the briefest moment to draw his gun, whirl in Kazuki's direction, and fire a single shot. . . in the direction the sword had come from. It was difficult to judge at this distance, but he considered himself good at such things. Didn't expect the local mages to be so bold. You sense any Servants around? "Don't play this game with me, boy, the next shot's going into your brains." Would the ruse hold up? Probably not, but if it caused even a moment's hesitation it would be enough to make it worth it. He trained the gun on his prisoner - or, at least, made a good showing of doing so - while he scanned the area, his free hand reaching into his coat. A seemingly unremarkable bag; the contents within were enchanted, yes, but lightly so, difficult even for him to pick up on with the amount of magic in the city. The enchantment would rapidly disperse itself, too; dispersion, after all, was its function. 

He tossed the bag in the same general direction of where he'd fired his shot, and a black powder spilled out of it, slowly spreading and kicking itself into the air; simple iron dust, just to give him an easier magnetic field to work with. If the Master moved through it at all, whatever concealing enchantments they might have, he'd know, and it was rapidly expanding to fill the environment. If only it wasn't raining; he'd have to rely on ground-level disturbances. 

Marian

At Lancer’s report, Marian found her hand gripping the stone even tighter than before. That thing was managing to give him a hard time… And right now she couldn’t recall him. Doing so would merely make that thing hunt them down again. She’d just have to make do without him and hopefully not get herself killed.

… God, she should’ve prepared for this better.

Alright Lancer Marian replied back, just as Julius asked his single request, in a rather fast paced manner. For the most part, Marian stood there, surprised, before sighing in relief, You have my permission to use anything you’ve got to take it down. If you need to use Reignite, use it. I can handle the mana strainshe ordered, remembering what he had said to her before, while explaining his Noble Phantasms. If anything else, she always had a last resort ready. But, more on that later, she had another Master to talk to.

“Well, that’s… Surprising, to say the least. I thought I’d have to be the one asking for help in this thing” Marian replied, bringing a hand to the back of her head. She had been planning to try and ally herself with someone, strictly on the sense that she barely had any idea what she was doing, not that she doubted Lancer. Though maybe she did a little bit… Dammit, she was really shaken by whatever that thing chasing them earlier was.

At that point, she sighed, bringing her hand back down to her side, “But… Hm…” she started, only to trail off, crossing her arms as she went into thought. An alliance could be good… But there was always the risk of a trap. She didn’t think that this Master was trying to at least, he at least seemed nice, but she couldn’t know about their Servant. It would be a lot easier to decide of Lancer was here and she wasn’t worrying about her own life as well.

Then, something clicked, causing her to nod as she uncrossed her arms, “I can’t accept this straight out. Too many risks involved. While I would love to have someone to work with for this War, I don't know you. At all. But... I suppose for now, I can offer a cease-fire. Give me some time to think. Deal?"

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Nadia

"Failure to hit the mark... guess l'll have to use more swords, Perhaps, at different angles as well. The storm... good as there's darkness everywhere. Makes attacking much easier when it can be done from whenever l so desire. Not as good as the night... but close enough. " Nadia thought to herself. She had no idea what the group ahead was trying to pull but she was sure her blade hadn't connected. They'd be watching the direction she had thrown the first sword from now however. This was further confirmed by a stray bullet that whizzed by. lt wasn't close but it had certainly embedded itself in the buildings she was using for cover. "He's a good shot. But, l doubt he's the servant. That powder is definitely a mage's doing. Well, guess l just don't touch that stuff, shouldn't be difficult. Have no idea what it's purpose is butl'd rather not find out."

/Saber, there's a mage here, uses bullets. Hardly a tradtional medium for magic. Probably a bit like me... mage hunters are the ones that use more...common weaponry. After all, most mages think they are above human technology they'll never plan for it's use. Leads me to believe he one of my kind as a result. Further a Servant, not sure who. Probably the woman. Whoever it is though doesn't exude a signature as of now. More than likely of Assassin Class designation. Rengaging in long range combat, unknown if they have a bead on my position they probably have an inkling but not an exact one. Luckily for me, l have a trump card./

Nadia focused and summoned a copy of Blank in her hand once more though, this time with a distinct difference. She attached to it a cord of darkness. She floated it out into the sky directly up. lf it the storm hadn't been hanging overhead it'd be clearly visible, but as it turned out... it was hard to make out darkness when it was surrounded by yet more darkness. She focused on the single copy, using it as a blueprint to ramshackle together more shadow copies of Blank. Blank's simple elegant design came in handy when mass producing. She angled the now nine blades in a sort of fan pattern to bombard the area she had last hit, sending a total of three at each figure. She did so by manipulating the cords to throw them this time, severing them at the last moment to send the blades flying, and make them harder to trace back.

Red

Peter was kind enough to grant Red a gift, aiming for her arm instead of her abdomen. With the wind and rain to contend with, moving quick enough to avoid an attack would have been impossible if Peter hadn't targeted so far away from her center of mass. She spun to her right, the motion moving her left arm well away from Peter's strike. Instead of counterattacking him directly, she pulled her wings in and started to fall backwards towards the ground. "Install." Eight spider legs tore out of the sides of Red's dress and a mass of white silk began to spew out from under her skirt. The wind caught hold of the web and blew it wildly around, forming a complex tangle of webbing that Peter would have to avoid if he intended to chase after her.

Kazuki

Fear with disssatisfaction stirred within him again at his captors' actions. He heard the distinct clanging of metal when the bullet fired -- were they under attack? It meant a good and a bad thing -- primarily bad, he thought -- as he resisted the urge to protest upon being accused of an escape attempt. He felt like an insect in a spider's web, oppressed and trapped, unable to do anything. 

Peter

Correction, master: not a girl with a wolf, at least not just that. The Servant's a living zoo wearing the skin of a little girl, rather, and we've decided to play each other's games. He reported, and while an undesirable task for him, he tried to reassure himself to be wary of, but avoid killing whatever animals he saw in sight -- hostile or not. They were innocent, unless they helped the girl willingly -- and Peter felt somewhat relieved at the sentiment of what would perhaps be his first victory of the night. For Peter Pan to murder a little girl in the middle of a war was quite the unsightly news; the fact that said girl was a compendium of beasts, her human skin that of a sheep's to a cunning wolf -- eased that quite plenty. 

Having wanted to avoid greed and to test the extent of the abilities Peter had expected little from his attempt; she would not fall to a strike of a sword if she were worthy and competent. At the same time, the more the girl exposed herself the more he learned; they say humans were the strongest beings, but clearly little it did to help her otherwise frail form. At her attempt to block him with webs, Peter responded with another look of surprise, withdrawing his dagger in hand to hack through through the silk with both blades. Assuming they held the qualities of that of an atypical spider it would only prove a minor nuisance; if Tinkerbell could free herself from webs easily with a couple of shoves Peter would take time, but would not be severely affected by it. 

Peter grinned at her attention to him as he attempted to cut his way through, however, an expression hidden from the rain and the wind; Tinkerbell and his shadow were more than happy to attack below her from where she fell, rapidly dashing toward her from their lower position, and while it would take Peter a while to adequately hack through the girl's attempt of slowing him down with his twin blades -- if not wait for a moment before they dispersed-- Peter and his party had Red locked in a pincer strike. Between the two occupied spaces and the narrow space of the alley she had attempted to catch him in, there was little room for escape. Righteous fury fueled by the pixie's previous anger made her glow brightly, allowing her to charge at her from quite a distance away from Peter's shadow at their simultaneous attack; both beings with their own powers and responsibilities in mind when they reached her. 

Red

Though Peter prevented himself from being caught in the web, it still served its purpose as he was slowed down by the need to cut through it. Content that she had bought herself enough time, she used her spider legs against the wall to flip over and pursue her main target: Tinkerbell. She didn't know the details, but Peter's flight was tied to that fairy. If Red could take out Tinkerbell, Peter would lose his main advantage over her. She hadn't realized how quickly the fairy would recover, so she was a little surprised to see Tinkerbell and the shadow flying up to meet her. This really was her lucky day. Most of her spider legs lashed out in a burst of speed to grab Tinkerbell, while the bottom two grabbed some webbing, following up the rest and quickly wrapping the fairy's abdomen in a half-finished cocoon that would hold her in place for some time. She quickly noticed that she felt like she was fighting some invisible force that made her movements sluggish while she held the fairy, but it wasn't yet enough of an issue to prevent her from bringing Tinkerbell to her mouth, where two needle-like fangs reached out from Red's face and attempted to pierce the fairy. The thought of trying to avoid the incoming shadow using the last of the moth's energy crossed her mind, but she knew it was futile and so instead focused on securing her bite on Tinkerbell before she crashed to the ground. There was a flash of light from her back as the moth wings vanished, and the creature's dead carcass might have been see falling away from her if one were to pay attention.

Peter 

Surprised on the attack on Tinkerbell, Peter had already cleaved through the last of the cobwebs, only to discover a more gruesome scene: his companion captured, but also the perfect opportunity set out before him. He would not despair despite his worry; he would do what he must. They say a great offense can be a great defense; and he would protect his closest friend by killing a Servant it would be two birds with one stone.

"It's now or never, Tink! Hang on!" He needed to trust her. Trust was what made flight, what made strength, and what made friendship. Lifting his sword, he chanted what he needed at times like this: Faith. Trust. Pixie Dust. His smile grew wider -- almost forcibly so -- as he forced himself to focus on the jubilee of an incoming victory, wanting to live in the moment than worry about what would come next; so his speed accelerated further, his descent ready to strike Red for a hopefully killing blow. 

With a heavy heave and as her wings disappeared, Peter's shadow grabbed hold of Red's insectoid form by her head and began to lift her into the sky; her light weight and small stature meant it took little effort, her occupied limbs meant that she had few to resist the shadow with especially with its form being intangible in certain areas, and Tinkerbell's close, albeit oppressed proximity to him meant that it had what it needed to sustain itself, notwithstanding Peter's naturally high Strength Parameter.  The force of the shadow's pull would also attempt to resist Red's head from flexing enough to damage the struggling fairy, who writhed amidst its entrapment, unleashing small gusts of Pixie Dust at a desperate attempt to protect herself, be it via its magic or by camouflage or distraction.

There was only one way Peter would play this game; his way. It was close to a do-or-die risk. Peter would run her through without harm to his shadow easily, unless she attempted to use her prey as a desperate shield. He needed to make this count, or it would be grave for Tink; but if he did, it would be a very good first result. The distance between them closed rapidly as Peter descended while his Shadow ascended with Red, both sides  working coordinately to strike a fatal blow on his enemy. 

Karsten

The assassin was already on the move, not wanting to remain in place while a mage cast spells to bombard him with. Sure enough, more swords presented themselves; he had just enough time to roll behind a car before the shadowy blades embedded themselves in the thing. Wonder if insurance covers that. He continued to move, circling around and slowly approaching the place he'd fired on initially. He cast out a web of his own magic, mumbling an incantation under his breath. A web of bluish lines appeared in his minds eye, circling about the cars nearby, the pile of powder he'd tossed, and all around the environment. There. A shift in the lines, a person-sized disturbance. Not much metal on whoever it was, except one bigger one; a sword, judging by their current mode of attack. "Don't suppose we can work this out without continuin' to try and kill each other, can we?" He was already moving toward her position, gun at the ready; he wasn't going to try and start negotiations without having an out if they broke down.

Nadia

"l dunno, can we?" Nadia a playful lilt to her voice. He closed fast... interesting. Nadia wasn't sure how but it was some mage trick for sure. Perhaps had to do with that cloud... though that was a reach and she still really had no idea of it's purpose. This was a war though, who'd negotiate? A trap perhaps? A weaker mage who couldn't huff it? That seemed rather unlikely. He was clearly practiced, too good for that to be an issue. His choice in using guns in conjuction with his magecraft was quite curious. Perhaps he was here for something other than the war.

"Tell Assassin to stand down then. And don't point that gun at me while we're talking either, it'd be more than a little rude. We're adults after all. We can talk without holding our weapons at each other's throats yes?" Nadia had yet to move from her location, hidden as it was. She was well aware he had her number now so she wasn't about to try anything. She could get out of this well enough... but she couldn't say she wasn't intrigued by the offer. She wanted to see where this thread lead before fighting her way out of here.  /Saber dear, there's been a developement. lt seems The Master wishes to talk. Perhaps don't cut into anyone once you get here darling? l'll tell you if the need arises once more./