[IC] Fate/Reborn 2.0 Second War

Shamitako

Peter

"You still don't get it, do you?" Peter was about to conclude the conversation before Min's lattermost statement hit a nerve, "Even if I love pranks, it's not like I prank everyone, mister." He wanted to assert that it was a matter of morale, but decided against it -- he didn't know why, but he felt rather reserved about such a topic, and some part of him refused to believe that his justified self was to -- was now serving someone with the opposite sentiment. Peter hated men, but more than men Peter hated evil -- an essence he felt this man reeked of by looks foremost, if not a heart equally black. But perhaps there was Putting the thought of his mind, and with another snap of his fingers, the enchanted dust on the man wore off, leaving Min to fall on the floor face flat. This incited another giggle from Tinkerbell, who returned to Peter's side. 

"To get to the whole flying thing, I guess it's helpful that I don't have to waste my time to teach you the trick of the trade whenever someone attacks us," Peter soared into the air as he spoke, "You've seen the basics. You need Pixie dust, which is essentially what Tink here can give us all the time. After that, you need two more things: Faith and Trust. ...I take that's simple enough. Just have the feeling. Unless you're not capable of it."

Kazuki

By the instant the Berserker had left the room, Kazuki had slumped to the floor, not willing to believe fully what had transpired. The vivid ruins of where the beast once was since left with him there couldn't let him shake the fact that he was hallucinating either. Whatever it set out to do now would not be a prosperous endeavor, that premonition he knew...and regardless of whatever dumb deity decided to match him with the most irregular choice ever, it was all his fault. 

He had to go after him, and at the same time, he needed maintain some proper distance. Given how noisy and painfully obvious the beast was, it wouldn't be excessively difficult to search for a trail with his eyes alone, and improbable as it was, perhaps he hadn't gone far yet. Stepping out of the damaged building, he conjured with his hand -- almost stiff from the beast's grip -- his hawk, sending the avian familiar into the sky before walking home -- he could monitor the circumstances, better, and much safer, from the bird's eye view, and while he had this responsibility in mind foremost, the first thing he wanted to do was bury himself in his room and bed. The events that had transpired for him were too much at present, inevitable as they were to develop not in his favor, or perhaps they would...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassin:

"Untrustworthy cigar guy, huh." Liliya made her way out onto the roof after the Master, checking around the place. First behind the little hut where the elevator was housed. Tended to be a good ambush position. However, it was empty, so she made a quick check over the side of the building behind, then headed back to where Kars was looking out.

"All clear up here. About getting the guy? Lemme see. . . he's got influence, so he'll have a base of operations, presumably pretty safe. Obvious guess would be a warehouse, but if he's wealthy enough, he'd avoid those, maybe set up in something a little less suspicious. Ways to find the place, could probably try to search city records, or we could try to find someone distributing the product, then trace it back. If slash when we find the place, I think we should avoid a frontal assault. Hit em when he's out making a deal, on the drive home, once he thinks the deal was safe without any ambushes. . .Course, that's all assuming he's actively dealing."

Min:

Min fell with a grunt, and after a moment picked himself back up. "Please do not do that. It is. . . quite painful. I see anyway, that we will not probably get along. This is fine. Just do not drop me like that please." He winced, rubbing at the scrapes on his forehead. "Later, I would like to try something with this pixie dust, if that is okay? In any case." He stepped forward, wiping away the grimace that pain had brought to his face.

"You say I need faith? Like in God? In myself? In you? I have the first two, but I do not know about the last. You have not shown yourself worthy of trust. Is it faith in the dust itself? Because I believe I will not have trouble if that is true. Let us try again, and let me fly myself please. No hanging me upside down." For the claim that he didn't have faith in or trust Peter, he seemed perfectly eager to try flying again, without hesitation.

Saber and Nadia

Tessa remained quiet as she followed Nadia to the roof, still in her spirit form. She was, in a way, pouting like a young child would, yet in another she was thinkng about what the woman had said to her only moments before. Nadia was harsh but there was more underneath that harshness. Tessa couldn't quite see herself getting used to it during what was surely to be but a short meeting in this fleeting war, and it kind of felt bad even. Especially when she said she trusted her to know her own limits... So she wasn't going to even look at her parameters. Yet there she was all confident in this war, or at least appearing confident. 

Tessa reappeared with a sigh, standing at the edge of the roof next to Nadia. "If you saw my parameters you would surely think me underwhelming. Even so I am not going to be too finicky about it. My privacy was gone the moment I became your Servant and there's nothing wrong with that, nor anything I can do about it." She observed the city as Nadia explained. "A-and enough of my eyesight. Had you looked at my parameters you would've been aware of the harsh fact that, sadly, my eyesight is nothing out of plain ordinary. By mapping the city do you mean you actually made an actual map, Master, or merely you mapped it in your head? Regardless, it might be best I scouted. I should be able to avoid any big confrontations with the use of my Lumen, but we still have no information on what the other Servants' powers are. If you'll allow, and I'm certain you will, then I shall check the city out tonight." Tessa turned to face Nadia. "And Master. Thank you for trusting in my abilities. As a Saber, I won't let you down, even if you see my blade as a decoration. I shall make it a sign of my existence."

Visrii

Visrii search for the Berserker through the rain, but despite the crashing sounds that had rung just few moments ago, he could not pinpoint the enemy location.

Rain continued to pour down upon Visrii's armor, some even getting through his visor. Clammy water seeped through his clothes, but Visrii still stood stalwart in the downpour.

Rain suppresses fire, which would have been strong against a Beast...perhaps this is not the best condition to wage battle against a Berserker.

He returned inside where his Master was, his armor softly creaking after being out in the storm.

"I'm sorry, Master - I cannot find the enemy. With the weather like this, I believe the best course of action is to retreat."

Visrii then took up Master by the legs, like a knight carrying a princess. A tiny flame appeared over Marian, its heat warm against her. "I beg for your forgiveness in advance." 

With that, Visrii powered through the rain, jumping over people with huge leaps. His feet barely making a splash on the groundwater despite their incredible pace through the cityscape. The scenery became a blur of light and shade, only stopping in clarity as Visrii landed and bounded again.

The warmth over Marian sizzled rain before they reached her, and warmed her in the cold air.

Nadia and Saber

"Perhaps, but l know there's more to a story than numbers and rankings.  Those only say so much about a hero l'm sure." Nadia rubbed the back of her head at the mpa comment sort of embrassessed to some degree. "Well, l have but l do also have it memorized. Having to look at something like that constantly isn't exactly good when in a war after all. Try to commit it to memory, though l'm sure you won't have issue with that given your knack for observing." Nadia still hadn't looked at her perimeters or anything. She was rather dead set on not doing so. She never did for Masaru after all...

"Sure, but if you get into danger you must tell me. l can recall you with a command seal. Oh... and further. lf l find myself in trouble l will do the same."

Berserker

Ashnard had not managed to find a trail for a time. He leapt about gaining more and more speed to reach the top speed he could. Until...a spark. Magical fire... Servant... Master? Regardless it didn't matter it was a mage of some sort and now, Ashnard had caught the scent of their magic. Yes... chase...kill.

Kazuki felt the beast suddenly fall into some state of bloodlust. lt's desire to hunt and kill and feel blood soak into it's fur was now transfering over the telepathic link. He felt a tug, the beast was using more power all of a sudden. ltwas slight, but it definitely ramped up how much mana it was consuming.

The target was fast...perhaps it was aware ofthe hunter. The Hunter snorted in rage. lt'd not get away so easily. Runes as green as envy flashed underneath his skin, before sparking hellish green lighting. The spark seemed to full his body full of a power unknown to the grail system. Magic, that wasn't magic. The flesh around the runes had burned away from a moment, but now was fully repaired. A few wayward embers stuck to his fur but otherwise it was as if it never happened. His speed grew faster and faster. More and more building collasped under his ballistic weight. Stonework crumbled to the ground like nothing. 

He caught subject of his hunt, a man carrying what looked like a woman in his arms. Easily a servant with how fast he was moving. His green burning orbs of hatred came into contact with two other eyes however in the darkness. Dark Grey, somewhat like steel. lt didn't really phase him. But, it meant she saw him, she'd know that The Hunter had arrived.

Peter

"Pixie dust is sacred," Peter answered. Tinkerbell mocked the man again, this time wrapping her arms around her body as if she were physically assaulted by him, clearly unwilling to produce the magical dust for his purposes. "And I doubt you'll be able to do much more than using it for flying. I suppose I could trust you with some of the dust...if only for the benefit for the War. I've no interest in giving you Tink's dust for anything outside of it, and I'll be watching." 

"If you've no interest to give me neither faith nor trust, I'm afraid you won't be able to fly -- at least not by my standards, if at all." Peter knew it was a lie; a convenient one, if anything, for the man to adhere to him. It was those beliefs toward Tinkerbell that in truth enabled Peter's unparalleled flight prowess, although having the belief of any positive value -- even towards oneself -- would be sufficient in enabling such an ability, albeit to less refined standards. At the same time, he couldn't help but wonder if such a decision would bite him in the back later on; him being able to fly would admittedly save him many a hassle, but he found his dislike over the man stronger than the need to keep him safe. Perhaps he could change his mind -- should he prove himself as honorable as the Indian chief, for example. One of very few exceptions to Peter's hate of man, if only by virtue of a sense of justice as strong as Peter's himself. 

Kazuki

Kazuki could feel the strain the Servant put on his mana; another very dire, if unexpected, consequence of the random selection he had been given. Perhaps for all his troubles his Servant would possess a certain strength unparalleled, or at least he'd hoped. Distance from him now seemed wasteful -- he needed to keep an eye on him from afar, but given the circumstances he may not be able to maintain his familiar for as long as he'd hoped. Wanting to see from the eyes of his departed avian it was soon that the realized that the beast had now closed in on his first sight of subsequent prey...but was it a civilian or a rival of the War? He would want to know regardless. Rather than run, however, his steps were slow; fear still consumed him over getting even a yard's distance over his own Servant, as he wondered once again if his choice in the War was for the greater good...

Isis

"Of course I've looked at your Noble Phantasm." Isis scoffed, "It turns you into some destructive monster thing. Are you looking to try it?"  The question was spoken as a threat, Isis didn't feel like continuing this ridiculous argument with her mistaken servant and hoped that it would silence her.

To further assist in ending their discussion, they were arriving at their destination. Isis's home was a rather large suburban house just short of being a mansion in a neighborhood full of equally decadent houses. "Take physical form again before we enter, it would be problematic to explain to my other servants how you can vanish at will." Isis instructed.

Marian

At first, Lancer’s suggestion to carry her for travel got a surprised reaction from the young Master, only for her to become even more shocked when he suddenly yelled that a battle was upon them, before running out of the room, “L-Lancer, wait!” she called after him, throwing her coat on and slamming the door to her apartment behind her, chasing after her Servant as he moved insanely fast through the building.

By the time she reached him, he had already come back in, not far from the exit he used, “Hold on, what enemy are you talking about? I do-” she tried to ask, only to be cut off when Lancer picked her up, causing Marian to let out a little “eep”. Before she could say anything else though, Lancer had gone right back out of the building… 

And jumped into the air, causing her to drop her umbrella and let out a startled cry as the world became a blur. 

Originally, she forced her eyes shut, covering her head as Lancer retreated through the city. However, by the third landing, when she realized that she was completely unharmed and the two weren’t splats on the ground, she opened her eyes looking around at the blurry surroundings. If she was honest this was… Rather surreal. The fact that she was in the rain, being carried by a knight, protected from said rain by a bit of fire that didn’t even hurt her, moving through an entire city at high speeds. She had a feeling that Servants were powerful… But this was… Amazing!

… At least, until the single second as Lancer landed that gave her a sight that would probably haunt her for the rest of her life.

Specifically, two green eyes from a shape in the distance, locking with hers as it moved after them. At least, that’s what she guessed, considering she didn’t see it before. Those eyes were very bright, enough to cut through pitch black darkness if it wanted to. In a way, they were rather beautiful… If Marian couldn’t feel the sheer hatred and animalistic fury that laid behind them in the second she saw them.

“L-Lancer, I think whatever enemy you felt before, it’s gaining!” Marian yelled over the sounds from Lancer’s jumps, saying it just as he landed once again.

Proditor

Once Julius went going, Proditor trailed him, his spiritual form hovering above the rainy streets. He was originally content with moving through the city, getting a good look at it by himself. That, and the walk would’ve done help to calm his Master’s nerves, a calm mind was what they needed to win this war anyway.

Unfortunately, it seemed the War had other plans, since a sudden ping of energy on his internal radar caused his form to suddenly freeze. Another servant, nearby. Moving fast, by the feel of it, along with another faint signal just at the edge of his radar. Either there was a Servant chase going on… Or they were going for them.

“Master, there are two Servants coming this way. I would suggest increasing your pace” he stated, slowly rematerializing next to him, keeping perfect pace with Julius, “Alternatively, I could attempt to teleport both of us to our destination right now. Save us the trouble of dealing with these Servants” he added, turning his head to scan the rooftops behind him, keeping an eye out for the Servants.

Victoria

If the magical girl could in spirit form, she'd rub her forehead with exasperation. Was she just... not paying attention? "That's... not what I mean at all..." they arrived before she could clarify. At the order, she rematerialized - looking a bit different in outfit, her clothes much more casual than in her original summoning. "Dramatic dress-armor would probably be hard to explain too." she explained, before gesturing for Isis to lead the way. 

Erica

"Alright then." Erica said as the Servant faded. "I'll be calling you Ruler, I believe, unless you have a better idea. Maybe it'll scare our opponents."  She headed out into the night, opening her umbrella as she did so. "We'll be staying in the suburbs to start off - if the Servants in this War are anything like the ones last time, there'll be some flashy ones that get themselves in a fight good and quick. No reason to risk ourselves needlessly, especially in your weakened state." She stated as she walked northwards from the abandoned home.

Karsten

"I'll be honest, I haven't got much patience for searchin' city records. Besides, it's a lot easier to scare the hell outta some tweaker than a bureaucrat who thinks his job is the most important one there is. Well, and get away with it. Had some fun times with that, once upon a time." He stretched his arms, making it visible to Liliya that his right arm was artificial (though well-concealed for the most part.) "Thinkin' you should scout out ahead, since you can move faster and quieter than me, but how's goin' for a walk sound, then?"

Ruler

Her main form of response was a vague sense of both agreement and frustration. Hiroki was unhappy to be crippled, and even more unhappy not knowing why. A part of her was glad to be summoned; she had a chance to fight again, like the days before her ascension and the troubles that came with managing her plane. Still, said days were also full of trials, some of which could have been inflicted on this world should her flawed summoning drawn a different god from Tempest. She knew neither herself nor her enemy; she could deal with the latter, but the former truly set her ill at ease.

((Not much to respond with since we don't have anyone to really run into and Hiroki's not that talkative))

Red

Red followed her master through the streets. She didn't respond to his comments about the inn. It wasn't that she wasn't interested, she was just busy trying to figure out how to best explain her capabilities when they arrived. If she was to succeed in acquiring the Grail and achieve her wish, she needed to keep him on her side. But the unnatural nature of her abilities had a tendency to be offputting at best. Taking creatures into herself was a violent and disturbing act, and the results were rarely pretty. Red herself took little issue with the matter, but those few who bore witness to it were often filled with fear and disgust. She needed to ensure her master had fully accepted her before she revealed the full extent of her powers and her purpose. But she couldn't withhold such things forever, eventually she would have to tell him. And though he was such a perfect master, she was more than willing to cast him aside if it meant achieving her goals.

Assassin:

"Fine by me. Head for the industrial district I guess? Or you got something else in mind? I'm game either way. I'll go into spirit form when we go down there, unless you're hoping to draw others out, rather than just find em. Don't recommend it of course, but it's all up to you." Liliya noted the arm, but didn't mention it. They'd have time to talk while walking, and since it seemed as though he were drawing attention to it, she thought she'd wait a bit to ask. Not through any malevolence of course. The Servant prepared to follow the man down to the ground floor of the building.

Min:

"We will try this. Perhaps I do not know myself, and maybe I do have some faith in you. Stranger things happen." This was not what Min believed, but he saw it more as a test. Since he lacked faith in the trickster servant, he would be vindicated if he found himself able to fly. And if he found himself unable, it would serve to show that Peter had been mostly honest this time.

"Give me some, so we can try, please. I do not want to be here long. And you do not either, since that means more talking to me, and higher chance of us losing a battle and the war." Min held out his hand to receive the dust, if Peter or the fairy offered it.

Visrii

Visrii felt the presence gaining on him, and knew that he had attracted the attention of the Berserker.

"Yes Master." He replied cooly, seemingly unfazed by her warning. He mentally counted the seconds between each crash of the building behind him. 

Powerful and fast jumps. Acceleration of movement. Little to no concern about collateral damage.

He turned his head back as he jumped and saw through his visor 2 burning eyes of hatred tearing down at them, chunks of destroyed rock flickering off the beastly form. It was only a moment, but he had seen enough.

Enemy is a Beast. Werewolf, most likely. Doesn't seem to have flight capabilities. 

Or just 'flying' by sheer muscle. Visrii snarkily added to his own analysis.

Visrii had fought countless beasts before, but all of them were simple spawns, not some Hero summoned by the Grail. Well, he doubted that such a monster would be a Hero but that was an auxiliary concern.

That thing's faster. I can't keep Master safe if I try to increase speed much more than this.

There was an advantage a fleeing part can have, however. They could dictate where the chase was leading, and erratic movement especially helped throw the pursuing party off. In addition, no-one without flight capabilities could adjust their trajectory mid-air. He'll have to use those facts to his advantage.

Marian would feel Visrii's grip tighten as Visrii braced her for a faster set of jumps, switching from safety of his Master to adjusting pace. Under his helmet, Visrii's brow creased in concentration as he timed his speed to be exactly one leap ahead of his pursuant, and looked back to ensure a landing space.

Crash. Land. Leap. Crash. Land. Leap.

"Master, please brace for erratic movement."

As soon as Visrii heard the next crash, his momentum completely reversed - with the same speed, he launched himself backward nearly horizontally off the next building and landed on an undestroyed building behind him, before continuing to leap backward for a few blocks more then turning and running in the opposite direction without losing any speed.

Berserkers often consume their masters' mana very quickly, so longer engagement can increase chances of victory.

Julius

Servants? Him? He gulped as he jumped over yet another manhole. Not this early! Julius mumbled something about not wanting to die first before nearly misstepping and crashing into a lamppost.

"Y-you can do that?" Julius yelled sideways, swerving from his jump a little to avoid a pedestrian. His head was split between being concerned about the impending monsters, the surprise at Proditor's capabilities, and trying to dodge startled people under umbrellas.

Now that I think about it - teleportation goes under psonics.

"Err-sure! Do it!" Julius said, nodding furiously under the rain and continuing to run away from the incoming pair of Servants for no reason.

I-its not running away, it's tactical retreat, I swear!

Peter

Finally deciding to relent, Peter snapped his fingers as his pixie companion swirled around Min again -- this time acquiescing to not hang him upside down, but he would need to balance himself by his own will.

"For your information," he began. "Pixie dust is not collectible. It is constantly produced by Tink here, and its effective duration lasts until it touches an animate object whereby it is prolonged until the bearer lands from its flight at all, so don't get any ideas about storing it or anything. Tink here will get you to fly whenever you want to -- as long as you don't piss her off or anything. Well, let's get the flying lesson done now, shall we?"

Isis

Isis nodded her agreement. It would indeed have been rather conspicuous, though it wouldn't have lasted for long. "Yes, good thinking, Saber." She complimented her servant before heading for the entrance to the house. When she neared, it opened of its own accord, or rather a young woman wearing the attire of a maid opened it from within.

"Welcome back, Lady Isis." The maid said, bowing deeply. She had lightly tanned skin, shaggy blonde hair cut to a very short length, and dull grey eyes which betrayed no emotion, all of which combined to give her a rather mysterious look.

"Thank you, Maria, I presume all was well in my absence?" Isis responded.

"Yes, my lady, no issues arose." Maria affirmed. She rose back to her full height and eyed Victoria curiously. "If I may be so bold, who is this you've brought with you?"

Isis couldn't well call Victoria by her True Name, nor could she reveal her as Saber, so she quickly thought up a new name for Victoria to use more publicly. "This is my new servant, her name is Satania Actualis." She explained.

"Oh, a new servant, Aria and Renton will be pleased to hear that." Maria answered in a completely flat tone.

"I'm sure they will. I'll be retiring to my workshop for the evening, do see to it that Satania finds her quarters and a uniform, as well as instructing her on her duties." Isis passed Maria and walked briskly into the house.

"Yes, my lady." Maria bowed again, remaining in that state until Isis was out of sight and she was alone with Victoria.

Upon returning to a standing position once more, Maria looked directly into Victoria's eyes. She stared for some time, continuing even when Victoria instinctively glanced away. Finally, she spoke. "You're not human." Her tone was blunt and empty, matching her eyes in lack of emotion. She looked away from Victoria and continued as if she hadn't spoken at all, "Follow me." She quickly went inside, though she took a much slower pace than her mistress so that Victoria could keep up.

Rosie and Rider

"Yer awfully quiet, girl." Rosie remarked as they walked. He'd taken to trying to get any sort of further talk from the girl. Not about her abilities, that is. Even a blind man could see she wasn't gonna talk about that yet, but something else, eh? "What do ya like to do? You said you gotta get accustomed to my mana, so that's gonna be some time, even if just a day. See, I wouldn't wanna have ya get bored on me or something. Of course, you'll have to help me investigate if nothin' else. How're you with, say...hmm, oh I know-! subtlety? Err actually, bad question, considering the cape. See if you can't help me investigate even, what're ya gonna do?"

The two of them got to the inn eventually. The young woman with a cowboy hat at the counter reading the newspaper with her feet on said counter, but in very fancy cowboy boots didn't seem to mind Rosie coming in bare-chested and drenched in water, soaking the floor instantly. Red probably soaked the floor as well. The insides themselves were quite what one would expect from some cowboy related hotel thing, with those bison skulls and lots of leather around. The lobby had a nice big brown sofa as well and opened up into a bar further in, since this place was obviously also a thematic cafe bar too. It really looked like an inn from the moment one walked in. "Ya don't mind the young lady, right? She just arrived to visit her uncle, right~?"

"It's the hotel's problem only if the police get you." She flipped the newspaper over to the next page, the bubble-gum bursting in the corner of her lips. "Lovely gal, ain'tcha~"

"Sure."

Rosie's room was upstairs above the tavern of course, like it should be. A nice albeit small single room with a big bed covered with old fashioned and tattered looking sheets. Like something you'd see in a movie. There was a small, like, really small TV over at the cabinet against the wall facing the bed and a door opened op to a small bathroom. As they got in Rosie took his pants off as well and threw all the clothes (hat included) over by the radiator to heat em up and walked towards the bathroom. "I gotta shower so you behave and get acclimated to the room the same way as ya gotta to my mana. There's a TV too. Oh and no worries there're no other guests from what I heard and saw. This place ain't popular but hey I like it." He said, closing the door with a thud. Soon enough and some whistling could be heard from the bathroom, followed by the sprinkling of the shower.

------------------------------------

Saber and Nadia

Tessa looked at Nadia with a raised eyebrow. "Well, Master, not to be rude, but a map would be a good place to start so I know where to go. You have it with you, no?" She asked, trying not be sound rude as she did so. In actuality she'd expected Nadia would've produced the map by now on her own and given it over to her instead of just telling her to commit the city to memory. Of course she was gonna commit it to memory, but first she wanted to actually see what it looked like from an aerial view. "Well, nevermind, I'll just find some pamphlet somewhere. Even a city such as this has got to have maps on tourist stands and whatnot. Well then, so long, Master." Tessa jumped from the building.

As her feet touched the ground below, she quickly darted in the direction towards the city's center. Or well where she saw the city center was from her vantage point at the warehouse. Nadia told her to keep in touch.

/Master, I'll be progressing swiftly. As I observe I shall map as well. You've probably already arranged our base of operations for this war, seeing as this isn't your first war...right? Some leyline place like the warehouse? Please don't tell me it is the warehouse?/

Min

"Yes, let us. Give me handful though, I want to try something." It should work, Min knew, since he was able to imbue his magic into most things. Of course, in solids and gases, the amount he could store was amazingly low, but hopefully pixie dust lived up to its name as a dust. He wobbled slightly in the air, trying to get a feel for how this flight worked, experimentally lowering and raising himself by a few inches.

"I can perhaps make this pixie dust into a weapon of attack, or annoyance for our enemies. It will not require me to collect it, simply to hold a handful in the air, and toss it down on to enemies. Does it go away if I throw it away? Even if I have not been landed yet?" Min held out his hand towards the fairy, intent on demonstrating his capabilities.

Marian

After Lancer’s calm reply, Marian couldn’t help but feel his grip on her tighten as he suddenly began to move even faster than before. Then, only a little while afterwards, he warned her to brace herself, causing her to instinctively activate her magical circuits. She didn’t have much training using her magic, unfortunately, it was something she only learned not too long ago, but it was enough as black, gridded lines appeared on her skin, only really showing on her neck due to the fact that everything else was covered up, causing a small aura to appear around her. A small shield to help brace herself.

Which, when Lancer did suddenly change his jumping pattern, helped her at least handle the effects of suddenly stopping and going again. 

THIS was supposed to be what her father was trying to investigate?!

Proditor

Wordlessly, Proditor grabbed Julius’s shoulder, his helm glowing brightly for a split second as a blue aura was generated around his hand. Then, not a second later, both he and Julius quickly converted into blue outlines, before scattering into individual particles that were quickly snuffed out by the rain.

Julius himself would’ve felt absolutely nothing for the second after he was broke apart, only to be dropped on his feet in a completely different area, the alien’s hand leaving his shoulder, “There. We should be safe here for the time being. I do not currently sense any Servants nearby” Proditor stated, looking up at the church nearby, “... And we managed to save a good amount of time as well.”

Victoria

Victoria was fairly quiet as she was introduced to the maid, trying to look like a normal young woman looking for a job rather than a superhuman being of magic and politely waving to the emotionless seeming girl. Of course, this was about when the staring started. Something about it made Victoria... uncomfortable. There was something off. Then, the simple sentence - "You're not human." Victoria didn't respond, and if she'd had less self control she'd have winced. She knew that damn it. She hadn't been human for a long time, because she made some stupid mistake... more importantly how could she tell? Another magus? 

It didn't matter, just then. "...Well, nice to meet you too." the capital-s Servant said to Maria as she followed the maid. 

Erica

Erica led the pair northwards, staying in the suburbs on the outskirts. "Hm. Last time there'd already been cannon fire by now." she said idly to Ruler. "Maybe the Servants aren't quite as obvious as Archer and Rider were in the last War." She was quiet for a few moments, then spoke again. "How good do you think you are at hiding yourself, or fighting without the armor? Seeing as you rely on your other form to fight and it's damaged, it'll need to be used sparingly." Erica was well aware of how Ruler relied on their other form to fight - but she wanted to be aware of what options she had. What was meant to be the default fighting form had been forced to become a trump card, and that meant she herself was going to need to participate more in these battles than a Master normally would. If she wanted a chance she needed to take any advantages she could get.

Karsten and Assassin

"Nah, that's a good way to get lit up by someone with more firepower than you. We're goin' in pretty quiet, not makin' a scene with anyone but some junkies. If we run into a Servant, we run the other way, 'less we can press the advantage on 'em somehow. That sound good to you?" He turned to head down the elevator and back to the ground floor, assuming Assassin would follow as he extinguished his cigar with another brief disappointed look. He moved through the lobby of the building, somewhat crowded as it was due to the time of day, with ease; not the kind that simply slid through the crowd, adapting to the flow, but by simply clearing a patch with his presence; a trend that continued once he hit the street proper (though the population density of that was more than a bit lower, with the weather.) 

Ruler and Erica

Fighting outside her mech? She supposed she might be able to do a bit of it as a Servant, but. . . "I can hide well. My Noble Phantasm hides my presence from other Servants." This was going to be a difficult War, and truth be told she was finding it difficult to find the motivation to fight for the Grail. She'd gotten what she had most desired in life by working toward it herself, and she felt neither the need nor the desire to seek it out. "This might be an abrupt question, but what do you intend for the Grail?"

Berserker

This prey was rather quick and had it wits about it. However, instinct and pursuit were Ashnar'ds specialties, his massive speed did prevent him from immediately turning around but, it didn't take all that long for the Beast to find something to maintain his speed and momentum. Some sort of street lamp, or light. Hegrabbed it and swung his body around it. Tore it out in the process but he was able to swing his speed with him. He'd have to catch back up but he didn't lose anywhere near as much speed as he could.

The smell of the magic was still strong enough that the trail was easy enough to follow. He kept speeding along until he was back within sight of the duo. He'd lost ground, but he was once more gaining on the two of them. lt'd take more than one juke to shake the Beast.

Nadia and Saber

/Base? l'm not really a sit tight kind of girl l'm afraid. l won the last war by being proactive. Though... l suppose l should find somewhere to hide out during the day. l'm not quite as effective when the light is what is dominating./ Nadia found this servant intriguing. She had such strange priorities for a Saber. She supposed this showed just how wild the difference in heroes this thing could call forth.

/ln terms of power there's no real place better than this warehouse, though l do admit, lt's quite the eyesore. Further, l'm sure other mages if they've bothered to do their research are also aware of this fact. Making this place... a potienal hot zone. As much as l enjoy a good fight l don't fancy fighting all of our opponents at once and further l don't think you do either. The problem is the major pools of most other leylines are in either extremely busy areas for civilians or incredibly out of the way like the Shrine. Niether is ideal. But l think we'll jsut have to settle with innocents being about if we're to observe any of our opposition. Hopefully, our enemies aren't entirely uncaring of innocent lives, but most mages aren't good people so it's not the best to count on that. l've got a little place in the Upper Class District... happens to be on top of a major leyline. l snapped it up, useful to have that kind of source around as a mage in everyday life. Maybe not much by whatever your standards may be... but it's home./ Saber could feel the impression of a chuckle should've been in there. Nadia was still being overly playful with her, teasing ever so slightly.

Julius

"Wha-" Julius opened his mouth when Proditor grabbed his shoulder, before being teleported way down

Julius stumbled after the teleport, mixed up which legs were supposed to go in front of which and tripped himself up, falling splat on the floor. Water splashed out a fanciful outline of Julius when he hit the darkened asphalt.

"I'm okay!" He said shakily, picking himself up from the concrete. "Urgh, I, I need to get used to that." Thankfully, most of the water was kept out by the raincoat and the impact was lessened by ether. Though, he looked a sideways glance at Proditor, it was a little embarrassing in front of a Servant. Hey, it was his first time, right? ANYONE would have made that mistake...right? Two internal voices bickered at each other.

No, it's just me being incompetent.

Shut up, this is not the time to be socially insecure.

It's not the time to be stupid either.

Shut uppp.

He frowned, adjusted the raincoat hoodie back on top of his head, and followed Proditor's gaze to the church. "Yeah, that place! I'm pretty sure there's no sermon today so there won't be people in it to want to peek. Err, let's go inside..."

Julius quickly trudged over to the church, then tested the doors. The heavy wooden door gave in a little, but with a clang and a tolling sound of chains offered no more. Locked, probably a padlock and chain from the sound. Err, oh no.

He scratched his head and looked to Proditor. He awkwardly mumbled an inquiry, not knowing how to word his question. "Err, it's locked - do you have, some, err... you know, that magic, thing, uh - psionics, to undo the lock somehow?"

Internally, he was screaming and banging his head against a wall, hearing what he was saying. His thinly suppressed social awkwardness was now in full swing.

I now look completely incompetent. I am an idiot. I am an incompetent idiot. I am awkward, incompetent idiot magus who can't even control more than 3 tiny orbs and can't even talk to girls or even my own Servant or just other people in general and...

Inside his head, he continued to write an entire essay self-depreciating while he smiled half-frozen at Proditor.

Visrii

Visrii briefly watched the werewolf as he swung around with raw pragmatism, taking notes from his test of the werewolf's capabilities.

Less capability in control of momentum. However, raw speed seems to be higher.

And stupidly strong. He added as he saw the werewolf rip off the pole. Engagement will most likely be troublesome.

Movement pattern similar to Scourge monsters. Randomising direction would be effective in causing confusion.

It was raw power against technique; such a matchup he had experienced countless times in the Scourge. Though he never had to carry anyone during an escape, he knew what to do.

Chaotic movement. He was famous for being unpredictable, after all, though duty remained unwavering. This was a good time to put his practiced steps into use. Though one concern was his Master - was she handling this chase well?

His helmet creaked a little as he looked at his Master, now covered in a light magical barrier and wearing what he assumed to be bewildered expression.

Master seems to be capable of creating barriers to minimise impact. Clearly first time in the war. Kind of cute-

Visrii growled to himself at the unwelcome interjection, cutting the train of thought swiftly.

Only treat Master with respect and dutiful reverence. Personal emotions are prohibited.

It was one of the many sacred rules of the Watchers, and he had no reason to follow it now that he had long since retired, and now dead; but the sanctity of the rule was embedded into Visrii's very being. Now was a time to focus, not some frivolous matter.

Visrii jumped sideways then doubled back over a building barely standing from Ashnard's jumps, jumping off a crumbling spire of concrete before making yet another impossible turn to a nearby building. His subsequent movement was faster and consisted of several spikes of movement in an effort to make tracking difficult, twisting, turning and doubling back in all different directions.

Despite risking being overtaken, he had to keep use of magic to a minimum. He didn't know the extent of his Master's mana pool - he would only use teleports, Axiom and other such arcane assets until it was completely necessary.

Maria

The house Victoria was lead through was large and expensive, but sparsely decorated and far from extravagant, leaving a sensation of emptiness. The walls were painted a rich red-brown and the floors covered by a purple carpet with golden swirls patterning it. Doors were crafted from a deep red wood and seemed quite heavy. The halls were lit from within, white squares dotting their upper recesses in an oddly dissonant modern style, further clashed with by the rather ornate golden chandeliers in every room. Very quickly after they began walking, Victoria would realize that she wasn't being led directly to her quarters, but rather that Maria was giving her a tour of the premises. After visiting every room on the ground and second floors, except for Isis's workshop on the first floor and her bedroom on the second, Maria led Victoria up to the third floor where the servants stayed.

There were nine rooms in the third floor hall, though Victoria had only seen one other servant beyond herself and Maria--another maid who looked much like Maria, but with longer hair, blue eyes, and actual expressions (including a smile that she had directed towards Victoria). Maria directed Victoria to one of them. "You will be staying here." She said, "The bathroom is at the end of the hall. Aria will supply you with a uniform and toiletries once she completes the wash, in the meantime, feel free to roam the premises. And though you are allowed once you're in uniform, I would suggest not disturbing the lady. She's been gone for several days, likely with little rest." Maria waited patiently in case Victoria had any questions. Otherwise, she would leave once Victoria entered the room.

The room was rather sparse, furnished only with a queen sized bed with plain white sheets and a moderately sized wooden dresser. There was a small, open closet and a single window with purple curtains. Instead of a chandelier like the other rooms, Victoria's quarters were lit by a simple shaded lamp on the dresser and what little of the morning sunlight spilled over the curtains.

Saber and Nadia

Tessa listened intently to what her Master had to say about her plans, and honestly, she was quite surprised and pleased. Nadia was far more calculated than she could've hoped for. Her experience from the last War was bound to come in as a great boon to them. Which only meant Tessa couldn't slack off either. If they were going to be proactive, then she was going to try her best not to miss any details.

The city itself mapped itself in front of her eyes as the buildings gave way to streets. Lamp posts served as reminders of the traveled road, passing by at a constant pace as Tessa jumped and rushed between and on top of them. The city was brimming with magic, as expected. Caudoran... She wanted to study her enemies so coming in contact with them was something she hoped she could accomplish right off the bat. If she failed, however, then she'd at least have a better grasp of the city anyways. She was on the winning side for sure. /I see, Master, that you've come prepared. Being paired with such an resourceful Master is bound to reap benefits for the both of us. After all, I am as great as one would expect. A home it is, then. I look forward to seeing it for myself./ Nadia's abilities eluded Tessa. The woman had a sword and the void. Her blade was a void as well, strapped of any value aside from combat. It was scary in many ways, one of which was how well Tessa presumed it represented her Master's personality. Nadia was hiding much from her yet it was somehow fine because she required nothing in return as well. She didn't peek into her parameters, opting to ask directly instead. A unique Master... /I am entering the Commercial District, Master. For now, I've not encountered any enemies, so I shall proceed with my maping. What will you do in the meantime?/

Peter and Tink

Irritated that Min had ignored his supposedly obvious explanation of the qualities of Tink's dust -- Tink appearing more angered that Peter so -- Peter sighed. He was adamant on making the most of the dust -- for the war, although, but they were displeased nonetheless that he was trying to use Tink's precious dust for his own gain. 

"I told you, whatever you're gonna do is likely not gonna work," He snorted, "But hey, let's see for ourselves what you got up your sleeve." Begrudgingly, Tink shook herself upon Min's open palm for some semblance of dust to fall on it. It wouldn't last long. 

Kazuki

Kazuki could feel the drain increase -- something that prompted him to run as he saw from the eyes of his avian familiar finally a glimpse of his Servant's more conspicuous actions. He needed to maintain certain distance at this rate, and the fact that he was using his familiar didn't help alleviate a lot of strain his Servant was putting on him even with his strength and his prime age. At the same time, he needed to be careful; he was as much the prey as he was the hunter, in that he was commanding one so dangerous while being vulnerable himself. He could see the werewolf snap a pole and attack something that somehow managed to evade him, even if narrowly -- no doubt someone of abnormal capability for that beast, another Servant, or perhaps a magus or Master of greater caliber. Things were happening far too quickly as he could not analyze their adversaries as clearly with his hindered movements and concentration, as he ordered the bird to distance himself slightly from the scene of the action, maintaining view on only his Servant -- his lack of subtlety was all he needed to navigate at the moment. He was running toward a distance where a bus would take three to five minutes, he estimated, as he scanned his surroundings while running, hoping that he would not get caught in another unfortunate act or deed.