[IC] Fate/Reborn 2.0 Second War

Shamitako

Isis

"What do you mean you don't think it's right?" Isis said with genuine confusion, "You're a Saber, what else would you be?" Confuse opponents? That seemed unnecessary. With the most powerful servant commanded by the strongest master, they had no need for such deception.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter

Spoiler

From the corollary of shimmering light that came after the incantation, a greenish blur dashed forth and soared into the air, the echoing sound of a triumphant imitation of a rooster resounding in its wake. A shimmering, glittery line of light followed suit, taking every direction the green figure took as if arm-locked into an aerial dance. It took a moment before they stopped, revealing a boy and a fairy the side of an average person's middle finger sitting on his shoulder. Their enthusiasm emptied itself as they collected their given circumstances. 

"Where -- where are we?" Darting his head in all directions, Peter returned his gaze to his eternal companion with a puzzled expression, which the fairy beside her mirrored in response, followed by a shrug. "What were we doing, Tink?" 

They soon noticed the only other person in the area after their self-questioning; Peter dashed amidst his flight before Min, stopping in mid-air before examining the towering, lean man up close at an awkwardly close distance, one that a dog would approach to pick up scents. Tinkerbell encircled the man, curious as much as her beloved master was of the being that stood before them -- the two instinctively knowing, quite assuredly, that it was he who had summoned them. He frowned as he took in his features, realizing he resembled a certain someone he knew -- a certain someone he did not like. Peter himself was disdainful of older men to a fault, but the way this one in particular looked especially left a rather acerbic taste in his month. 

"An old man?" Quickly disappointed over the discovery of who this...Master of his was, he quickly repositioned himself into a leisurely, lying stance in the air, rocking himself as if he were cradled by an invisible hammock, hung impossibly high at his altitude. "Well, that's quite a bit of a shame. Where's the fun in that?" Tinkerbell nodded repeatedly in agreement of Peter's statement, feigning a mocking posture of crossed arms and an exaggerated frown. A jolly attempt at humor as it was, however, both Peter and Tinkerbell knew it would bring the man no amusement. He then returned to straighten himself before the man nonetheless, knowing that it was still obligatory for him to do what he must within this world. "Oh well, wouldn't hurt to give a...courteous introduction? Name's Peter. Peter Pan, and this here's Tinkerbell. I guess you can call us that if not Saber, Master?" His final statement came with rolling eyes. 

Kazuki

...What on earth....! 

His feet moved quicker that his mind could process anything, stumbling a few steps over the distance before cowering beneath the counter, leaving only his eyes above to -- in what was fear he had never felt more than anything in his life -- take a closer look at what was before him. Did he just summon some hellspawn? Perhaps this was a nightmare -- yet no pain or fear would wake him up from it. 

Trying to regain whatever bravery he could, he stood up from the counter, albeit with still undeniable trepidation. He had summoned it -- he should have at least some authority over it. Perhaps the mark of his summoning would help, he thought, while still-timidly extending his branded arm for the being before him to see -- knowing it was now or never, to fight or flight, to show authority of not get eaten alive...or whatever result far worse. 

"I-I am your Master...! Whatever you are, I brought you here for the War. The Holy Grail war. Y-You will do as I command -- if at least do me no harm..."

Assassin

"Shame about that, could have had a nice duo look going there. Basement of a penthouse makes it a bit better, since we can skip on up to the top for a look around. Anyway, Kars, Master, you seem like the type to get straight to a point: so, about me, main thing is, I'm fast, got some general--well, actually, you've probably got all that info in your head. Best strategies for me are the classics, ally with a servant, turn on em when the time's right, or pick off weakened servants after large battles with my phantasm. Simple, but effective." Liliya started to head to the door, but paused after the first step. It wouldn't set a good precedent to start going off ahead of the master.

"So. . .what now? You got plans yet?"

Min:

"Hello, Peter Pan. I," He raised his arms to gesture expansively, "am Min." While the energetic child appraised him, Min appraised the Servant back. It was obvious that both the servant and his familiar did not like what they saw.  Whether that was because they did not see fun in him, or something else, Min did not know.

"I am not old. And I can see that you think I am not fun. A holy grail war is not the place for fun, but. You are wrong. I am very good at having fun. I make a living on giving people 'fun'." Min smiled, confident in his abilities to win over this immediately wayward Servant. From what he could tell of the Servant's abilities, there were a good number of things at his disposal: A shadow that might scout, Pan's prowess with a blade, and the most important, flight. In most circumstances, it might mean a free escape from an enemy encounter. It would be a shame to let that Servant’s impression of him tinge their ability to work.

"So please. Let us go around the fact that I am not a child like your lost boys. I want to try flying, since my mind tells me that you can make it happen. I want to get used to it."

Ruler and Erica

The previous war. . . it shouldn't make a difference. She was never a mage, though. An engineer, maybe, but not a mage. A blast of static assaulted Erica's ears; the artificial voice didn't know how to handle the owner exhaling as she pondered the situation. "Possibly." Mages were a slippery sort, and her assurances that it was an accident did little to actually reassure Ruler that it was so. After an uncomfortable moment of silence, the Servant spoke again. "You did achieve your goal. I am the God of Hope, and we will be fighting together in this Grail War." For better or for worse.

Karsten and Assassin?

"Well, truth be told I'm not here for the whole Grail War, though with the kind of folks most mages are, I don't mind offin' most of them for a shot at that cup. I'm here to kill one of 'em in particular. Drug lord, the Association wants him dead for usin' magic to make all sorts of interestin' new powders. They get rid of their risk of exposure, I get a fat paycheck and the satisfaction of putting him down. You got any issues with that?" He wasn't sure how this Servant would react; they were supposed to want the Grail pretty bad. Still, best to get it out of the way now. If it came to it, he could do this by himself.

Marian

Needless to say, with the sudden lightning arcing in the room, Marian was forced to take a step back, bringing her hands up to protect her face as the energy from the summoning began to die down. Once the room had fallen silent, Marian moved her arms a bit, opening her eyes before they widened in surprise at the Servant standing before her. A Lancer, judging by his weapon, and judging by the armor, a knight as well.

That was when Lancer spoke, introducing himself to her and referring to her as his new Master. After a brief second brought from her taking that fact in, Marian took a deep breath, fixing her posture before responding as professionally as she could, “A pleasure to meet you, Lancer. I am Marian Lavitiel Matrinox, current head of the Matrinox house” she responded, giving Lancer a respectful bow of her own before straightening.

… A few seconds afterwards, she realized that Lancer was still kneeling in front of her, without moving, “Er… You may stand now, if you wish, Lancer.”

Proditor

At Julius’s proposition, Proditor’s head moved in what appeared to be a nod, “In normal situations, I would appreciate that. But considering my status…” Proditor began, his entire body suddenly turning transparent and blue, before scattering into individual particles that blew away in a non-existent breeze, “I am more than capable of reverting to a spiritual form. Space should be no problem for me unless I must deal with another Servant” he explained.

Berserker and Prey

Kazuki could see more of the figure not that he stood away from it. A giant beast, with chestnut brown fur that covered it's body. Flecks of grey and age were dotted around the beast's somewhat humanoid form. lt wore what barely could be cosidered clothing, scraps of rages clung to it's waist, a ruddy earthy green. A cloak hung around it's shoulder, much the same foresty green. The cloak made the thing seem even more massive as it concealed the outline of it's true form to some extent. lt had long powerful arms that stretched from it's torso all the way to the ground. On the end of each finger, a wicked blade of a claw. Ten wretched hooks, of which the remants of previous kills still clung. 

He store down the wolf like muzzle that had previously been right up to his face. Those green burning orbs still judging all from a distance. He could tell they didn't see him as a master... not even remotely as a human being, but as prey. An object to be eaten at the beast's leisure. He didn't have much time to ponder it however. The room fell into shadow for but a moment. A second passed where nothing could be seen by the unprepared human. And as soon as he could see once more, the beast was right back on top of him. He had moved the distance in what seemed like the blink of an eye... and further he did so silently despite his size.

Kazuki felt the giant claws snap around his torso, he fit snugly in the beasts hand and felt as he was lifted. The green eyes now level with his. "You have no power here mortal. You may try and control me... but that'll only mean l'll eat you faster. You best use the time you got wisely. Clock's ticking. For you've called Ashnard, Slaughterer of Men. Don't think that makes you safe from my ire, my hatred. You have the audacity to believe you can control me? A human... control me? BWAH HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA. Pathetic. This war is but a hunting ground, and l'll hunt. Pray to whatever god you believe in that you aren't the one l start with." He smirked at something thought of just then.

"Or don't... they can't save you anyway."

Rosie and Rider

"Thank ya. People tend to think it a girls' name so I gotta appreciate when someone appreciates it-!"

"Your abilities, eh?" Rosie scratched his chin. Well, he didn't know what exactly she meant, but if she had to get acclimated to his mana, then so be it. He wasn't about to rush into combat straight off either way. To be honest though, he'd summoned a Rider. Would he have preferred any other class? Not really. "Not that I fully get'cha but I'll trust ya. I gain nothin' from rushing it either. 'Neeways, feel any Servants nearby? I'm stayin in a hotel. It's close enough. The streets in this part of town are usually brimmin with people of all nationalities. I find it quite fascinating, so it's a shame the rain shoo'd em all off just on the day it all starts." Rosie gave a short sigh. He seemed genuinely disappointed. "I don't get to freely travel lots lately. Used to work in the police and some time at the airport too. Miss those days."

"Tya, but don'tcha worry. Though do say, can ya stay reasonably undetectable by other Servants if you do that Spirit thing? Gotta know just in case. I might go check on suspicious people on my own if ya could."

---

Saber and Nadia

Tessa scowled at the sight. She couldn't help but look when the woman advised her not to. She regretted not listening. "Truly it is a most unpleasant sight. Like stitches, only somehow you made it look even worse, Master. Hope it doesn't leave a scar."

She flicked her hair again at her Master's surpise over the request she'd placed to observe. "I am hardly a regular Saber, Master. I am a tactician at heart, my will that to lead others to our joined victory. Yet do not let this confuse you-I can fight on my own as well. You see, what I see, that I learn, and what I learn, I can put into use at full efficiency immediately. For example, I could predict your move in combat before you make it merely by noticing the certain muscles on your body flexing in a certain order. Or run a calculation within a fraction of a moment to seize the best opportunity to strike through my foe's blind spot. Observation is the key. What I observe, that I shall surely defeat." Her gazing eyes were dead-set on Nadia's as she spoke. And she spoke with a great self-confidence behind her words. One that would let Nadia know just how highly the woman standing before her as her Servant thought of herself, yet there she was submitting to another's will so easily, all because of the Grail. Tessa was, truly, torn. She'd read into Nadia's patterns already, yet there were...irregularities. Unexpected occurences falling outside of expected behavior. What did the woman want from the Grail? What did she need to wield her for?

"I can see the best way to interact with you is to be direct. What I desire from the Grail is knowledge-knowledge that I have been prohibited from attaining in my life. Knowledge that could set my worth in stone. I wish to realize how my life could have went had I been born into a different social position. And I wish to learn of which god it was that granted me my power, my light. Possibilities. Patterns I've lost. Simply put, by attaining such knowledge, I wish to throw my life in disarray, so that I may rebuild myself, better. More human. That is all."

Julius

"Oh. Right..." Julius nervously pressed his thumbnail against his finger, lost for what to do next. If only he had been described the details of the war more than just a vague idea of the objective, he wouldn't look this incompetent...!

Julius focused on Proditor's form, trying to see what he had been told was his Servant's "parameters". After a brief moment, Julius exclaimed softly when he began to feel vague auras about Proditor at first, but getting sharper as Julius picked out individual traits. 

Eye of the Mind...Strategy...wow, that'a huge amount of mana control...and Mind Domination? That's quite powerful, if used right.

After a while, Julius realised that he might have been staring at Proditor awkwardly. "Err, sorry. I think I have a bit of a grasp on what you can do now. You can control people's minds, right?"

3 white spheres of energy began to circle around Julius' right arm, raised as if to juggle them. The spheres made a small buzzing noise as Julius pushed them around in the air, luminescing slightly in the dim room. "I guess I should show you what I can do. I'm a ether magus - I can manipulate these spheres to strengthen physical capabilities or attack people directly...I'm err, only in training, but with time I think I can control more of them."

Visrii

"Thank you, Master." Visrii said with a small bow and stood up. His small stature still only reached Marian's mouth-level, and his face made him look younger than he was. Visrii tilted his head up and he had his first good look at his Master and at his surroundings. Visrii was careful not to look at Master directly in her eyes, however, he did notice the expensive-looking clothing and an equally extravagant looking house. Visrii was aware that the caste of royal families had long been abolished, yet a pseudo-class of nobility remained, whether or not people of times knew it or not.

A noble? What is someone of her standing doing in a War?

Visrii carefully started to speak, "Master, if I may ask, have you viewed at my parameters?"

Nadia

"What's one more scar? l have thousands. Each a work of art. Though, l'm sure you'd not understand. l might not have some magical power of observation... but l don't need it to understand what's right in front of my nose. Subtlity isn't your strong suit.  You wear emotion on your sleeve, right wear everyone can see. Your blade a similar flashing brillance. More bark than bite. Show don't tell." she playfully mused as she pulled a black glove of some light material over her hand she had just repaired. Tessa would notice that with that, literally every inch of Nadia was covered in black besides her face and neck. She wasn't even able to see her master's command seals.

"l tell. l bite... and l've the scars to prove it. Because scars... they prove something. They are a badge, a symbol. A story woven into the tapestry of flesh. They are real. They mean more than some painting in some stuffy castle or museum ever will. Scars are a labour of battle and survival. They are the beautiful aftermath. Each scar on my body only makes it that much more beautiful. The more l acquire for my collection, the more l've truly lived. But, l'm sure you see them as ugly things. Blemishes, mistakes... l feel sorry for you. Maybe if you get your wish you'll understand who l am. You'd have to be able to read scars... and l know you can't."

"All l'll say Saber... is l'll always understand you better than you understand me." She said putting the finishing touches on her outfit. She finally affixed a tie, as green as her eyes, and took a black bowler from somewhere out of sight and placed it atop her head. She placed Blank back into her steathe, the place she should be for now.

Marian

It wasn’t hard for Marian to notice how Lancer was actually shorter than her, and about her age as well. Odd, but she didn’t say anything about it. Master or not she wasn’t keen on getting on their bad side. At his question though, Marian blinked for a second, before bringing a hand to the back of her head, looking to the side, “Er… No, but I can now” she said, bringing her hand back down as her eyes shone brightly for a few seconds as she looked at Lancer’s parameters.

Thankfully, it was something she could get a hold of. Lancer seemed to focus more on defense and speed rather than strength… Since those two were fairly high stats. He also had Battle Continuation… Which Marian guessed was something that helped them keep fighting despite wounds.

For the most part, it seemed solid. But, it was doubtful that she had the best. For all she knew she had the worst. Hopefully not the later.

At that point, Marian’s eyes died down again as she gave a nod towards Lancer, “Well, you seem fairly strong, Lancer. I’m honored to be working with someone like you” she stated, folding her arms as she did so, “Though, I have to ask… What do your Noble Phantasms entail? I can’t really say from looking at them.”

Proditor

“Yes, I am capable of controlling minds, with time. Servants take a while for me to find footholds, but Masters tend to be more vulnerable, if I’m able to control them” Proditor replied simply, his voice seeming to come from everywhere around Julius, “I would suggest using your magic for offense, if you must use it at all. As a Caster, my ability to fight on the front lines are severely limited compared to other Servants. Increasing my physical capabilities will amount to practically nothing.”

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Erica

"Glad to hear it. I've noticed some of your abilities seem as if they're weakened from what they should be - do you know any way to repair them, or at least reduce the damage?" Erica was fairly sure she could work with it, but if she could figure out a way to put them to what they should be that would be the ideal. "We'll probably be going to try and find other participants, in a bit - not much preparation to be done." 

Victoria

"...I think you should look at the information you have access to about me. I'm an Archer, unless I'm somehow confusing my own class." Victoria said. If she wasn't already in spirit form she'd sort of awkwardly rub the back of her head. Had her Master messed up the summoning or something?

Assassin

"No, I've got no problems with that. As an Assassin, I'd say you got pretty lucky, I don't mind. I want the grail of course, but I don't expect it, what with the class an all. So might as well get something done in the mean time, and have fun with it." So, the master wasn't terribly interested in the grail. She could deal with that. Liliya wouldn't say they had no hopes of winning as Assassin, since that mindset tended to make things worse, but she certainly didn't expect anything. So they'd get a bit of hunting in on the side. Not bad at all. "A drug lord though. . . Guessing he's got some resources and the like, probably pretty paranoid and good at watching his own back, or else he wouldn't be a worthy target. He doesn't know we're out to get im, right?"

Ruler

Ruler shook their head. "I don't know. I am not a mage." The cloaked figure finally strode forward out of the circle, with a noticeable hobble, almost as if they were injured; that and the seemingly hunched position might have given the impression of a deformed cripple. "We should be able to scout without too much trouble. I would prefer to try and defeat our enemies in direct combat, though." The reason for this may have been fairly clear to Erica, though whether she actually wanted to pursue such a thing was certainly in question; a Servant with their own Command Seals was a dangerous prospect.

Karsten

"Wouldn't count on it. He might not know that it's me specifically huntin' him, but I doubt someone with a network like his wouldn't know that the Association wants him dead. Also doubt that he's ready for a Servant, though, 'less he's got one of his own. Best to be prepared either way." She was willing to work with him, or a very good liar. Good, or at least as much as it could be hoped. "As fer plans, I'm thinkin' on it. Normally I'd be doin' what you said you'd be doin, so we'll have to pick our fights carefully. May as well head up to the roof and get some air while we talk about it, though. Already grabbed what I need for huntin'." Revolver, a large caliber, good for firing specialized ammo: check. Trackers, check. Piercers, check. Dust-bangs, packets of iron dust that exploded when thrown at people, check. Anchors, check. Too bad he didn't have some of those bullets that fried people's Magic Circuits; something like that was too close to spiritual surgery, something he'd never been able to do. 

Julius

Julius looked around to room, briefly confused by the surrounding voice. Is, is that psychic...telepathy?

He then nodded. "Right. I guess I'll attack the enemies when they're vulnerable then." Julius scratched his head. Though he was fairly sure he wasn't terribly weak, but he wasn't sure if he could win against other Masters in a fight. If anything, he guessed that the very rarely known ether magic could help in surprise elements.

Proditor looked like a calculating type - after all, he had seen Strategy within Proditor's parameters.

"Err, anyway...do you have a plan? Can you like, sense other Servants in the area?"

Julius knew he'll have to face other Masters sooner or later, but he hoped that maybe he could ally with a reasonable looking one.

Visrii

"Axiom is my weapon, a halberd infused with electric and flame properties." Visrii stepped back to create room, and drew Axiom out, the weapon seemingly magnetised to his hand. The halberd was magnificently inscribed with golden runes, and on the handle, a small message inscribed on its handle, "Until sheep become lions." The weapon's blade glowed blue and red with power, two colours swirling within the silver blade. "With it, I am able to perform spells and reach much farther than physically capable. Its elemental properties allow me to pierce most forms of physical armour, and attack organic matter." Visrii looked about the room, then continued.

"And as for Reignite..." Visrii seemed a little reluctant to demonstrate this technique, but continued, "It greatly increases my battling capabilities and adds a Void affinity upon my abilities, which greatly disrupts both physical and arcane defences. With the combination of Fire, Lightning and Void, I will be able to bypass powerful defences, both arcane and physical."

"If I may, Master," Marian would feel a sense of draining as a small ball of quivering violet power appeared on Visrii's palm. The walls of the room shifted and groaned as the void's power pulled in on them. Then Visrii quickly dissipated the sphere so as not to destroy anything. "A side-effect is that for its duration, it requires a large amount of mana to sustain, and after its use my physical capabilities will be lowered. Therefore, this power is best used with restraint."

Visrii returned his weapon and continued, "Summarily, my abilities do not have high physical strength, but I focus on piercing and agility to eliminate threats."

Visrii then bowed respectfully. His Master's words were flattering, but Visrii could see doubt, even without psychic abilities. And in the context of this War, such a doubt was healthy and most likely accurate. He was only a little fish in a sea of sharks; in such a wide world of heroes, what could a simple Champion do?  "I apologise if my abilities are not satisfactory. I will use the best of my abilities to serve you, Master."

Marian

By the end of Lancer’s explanation of his abilities, Marian nodded. A halberd capable of enhancing its reach with magic, while Reignite gave him a better shot at winning… Except for the fact that it seemed to be best used as a last resort, since it weakened both him and her (if the drain she felt from it was showing).

At his final statement though, Marian couldn’t help but shake her head, “It’s fine, Lancer. I could've summoned a dozen different Servants than you... Er, weaker, ones, I mean. We don’t need brute strength to win something anyway” she stated, looking out of the window at this, watching the rain continue to fall, “But… If there is a War going on now, I think it’s best we get moving, right?” she asked, looking back at Lancer, “We don’t accomplish anything by standing around.”

Proditor

Julius got his response a few seconds after he asked his question, “I am unable to sense any Servants nearby, which means at the moment, we should be fine, unless Assassin is already on the hunt. As for our plan, I would suggest finding an defensible area, preferably a large, empty building such as a warehouse to use as a base. I will need time to prepare it in order to be able to defeat other Servants, but with time I should be capable of doing so myself” Proditor explained, pausing as he considered another plan, “Additionally, we could attempt to strengthen ourselves by allying with another Master, preferably one who cannot win the War on their own. It is risky, but it would allow us to better fight against the more powerful Servants of this War.”

Julius

"Right, let's find somewhere to stay..." 

Julius brought out his map, though it was rough and had hardly much detail to qualify as a proper map, it showed him the general features of the city. He moved an ether ball over it like a lamp, softly lighting up the small lettering on it. He weighed his options. Staying here was fine enough, but the district hall was most likely not very defensible. Hmm...ah, maybe the church? He remembered going to it once; it looked like a fortress, and surrounded by high buildings at the edge of the residential district. 

"Err, if we want an open space, we can try going to the church? It's across the Residential district, and I know it's got good geographic advantages."

Visrii

Visrii looked out into the rain. The storm would increase his lightning capabilities, but subdue his fire element. He'll keep that in mind. "Yes, Master. I cannot sense other Servants as of yet, but it would be best if we started to move. Master, I will enter spirit form for our travel."

Or maybe the Assassin is on the move. Either case, Master is right. We can't just wait for someone to come to us.

Visrii returned to a spirit form to lower the drain on his Master, and to avoid the rain when they had to go out.

"Master, if I may suggest an option; there is most likely another competitor that would likely also be searching for an ally. Though it runs the risk of betrayal, it most likely can be beneficial to us if we ally cautiously."

Something then occurred to Visrii. He re-materialised, and asked, "Master...may I also ask - at what speeds can you travel?"

Isis

"That's ridiculous." Isis responded incredulously, "I am a magus of the highest caliber and I summoned a Saber. Therefore, you are a Saber." Archer, what a ridiculous thought. Who ever heard of someone trying for Saber and getting Archer? Archers didn't use swords.

Red

Red seemed to freeze up a little, the subconscious movement of her idle mind ceasing. "I think it would be best to avoid using my spirit form." She said apprehensively. Even more than her magic, it was paramount that she hide her family's secret for as long as possible. Certainly her master could see her Mental Pollution and Magecraft, but so long as he didn't know what they did, all would be well. "For now let's retreat to your hotel room, away from the rain."

Erica

"Fair enough, but that doesn't mean we can't try to be a bit more subtle before getting into a straight fight. The War's as much about knowing your opponent as it is about your own power, in my experience - something your abilities may be quite helpful for, actually." She turned and headed to the door. "Do you prefer being in physical form, or spirit form? If you don't much mind the latter, should probably go for that." 

Victoria

"I'm pretty sure I know my own Class... have you even looked at my Noble Phantasm?" Victoria was getting... a bit exasperated. This war was gonna be fun wasn't it?

Peter

After listening to Min's introduction -- admittedly a little flattered -- the response he first gave was a raise of a brow. Men are more capable of lies than youth. Besides-

"Fun is a subjective word." Peter said, with a sneer, "Does your fun involve slitting throats and scuttling ships, terrorizing the innocent all the while? I know plenty who can have 'fun' from something like that, and I certainly don't fun that entertaining in the slightest. Oh, and you said something about flying?"  With a snap of his fingers, Peter commanded Tinkerbell to swirl around his Master, as her teensy form spread the golden glitter upon the man. It didn't take long before the man started to float in the air, struggling in place to move; adding insult to injury Min now hung midair upside down, eliciting a laugh from the Servant-familiar duo. Bemused by the silly predicament that the Servant had put his Master through, Peter wasted no further time to cut to the chase."

"Listen, mister," Peter flipped himself upside down before returning to his original stature, and from Min's heavying view he could see the fairy wave her fingers and stick her tongue out at him. "I don't like you. Not now, anyway. Rest assured, though, I will not put your safety in jeopardy and will acquiesce to whatever that is required of me only for whatever is related to the War. It is in both of our interests to obtain the Grail, whatever it is that you want it for. However, I will have nothing to do with any of your other affairs. Peter Pan is a free boy, even if I am paired with some old man as my liege. Perhaps I would've been much more welcoming if you were closer to my age," He scratched his chin and laughed, "Or not. I hope we have that clear if we're ever going to work together."

Kazuki

Trembling in the crushing grip of the beast, Kazuki would only manage to swallow deeply. Perhaps it was a bad idea to get involved in this after all, he thought, but he needed to escape his present predicament however possible...

"...I would be of no use to you dead." He felt as if he actually lived the quote that fear was a great motivator, even if it were an attempt on a last stand. A beast would not soften on mercy; there was only one other option. "You said this is a hunting ground...? I-If  hunting is what you want, hunt the bigger prey. H-Hunt the Servants and Masters in the war. You would denied of that if you were to eliminate me now."

Assassin:

"Alrighty then. Let's get a view on the city." It seemed like the Master's plans were a little vague. However, it was quite obvious to Liliya that he was well equipped. Maybe one of those people who just goes with the flow for their plans? Their plans tended to be a little less elaborate, but they usually turned out to be more instinctual and skilled in a fight. Liliya carefully followed the man up to the roof, keeping an ear out for any noise of approaching people in the building, and every so often, scouting out the future a bit. Her signature skill. "So, how long's this order been out on the man? Might tell us a bit about how prepared he'll be."

Min:

"Oh? Scuttling? You will have to. . . excuse me, I do not know that word. But I don't play with ships, since you seem to think I am a pirate. I am not. And I am not like a pirate. But you will not trust me anyway," Min sighed, "so that is all I can say. Do not worry, we will win the grail, and you do not need to like me." He said all this upside down, maintaining most of his composure. Except the fact that he was struggling his sports coat from falling off, one of the downsides of not putting ones arms through the sleeves.

"Good. This is good. I make magic with bursts of light and heat, and it is not as blinding during the day. So we will need to have every other advantage during the day, and this will be a help to us. I will not involve you in my work, it would not be fair. But I wish to use all of my resources to trap, trick, and destroy the others. It seems you enjoy trickery? Do you like this plan?"

Saber and Nadia

The way Nadia responded hardly surprised Tessa, yet it still shook her beyond what she was comfortable with. A chill ran down her body as she suddenly felt exhaustingly helpless in face of this woman. Yet she forced these feelings to condense within a single drop of sweat which quivered on her forehead before she swiftly wiped it off with her sleeve. She felt cold. It was unpleasant. Nadia was unpleasant, yet she spoke the truth and it was the same truth Tessa knew about herself already. "...I have scars too, you know." She looked to the side, the sparkle gone from her earrings. "You don't know me. I'm more than what people think..."

And with that, she vanished into Spirit Form, leaving Nadia alone in the warehouse.

---

Rosie and Rider

Rosie gave Rider a worried look. He tried to make it look as understanding as possible, yet there was a healthy dose of distrust in it too. She was still a Servant even if she looked like a lil' girl. He'd held off from prying too much into her parameters when he saw what and who she was, but suspicious was suspicious. If she couldn't trust him he couldn't trust her either. Yet that was precisely why he had to be the one to make the first move of showing his trust to her and establishing their contracted relationship as a positive one.

"Aight I won't force you. Tell me what bothers ya when yer ready. Til then I hope we don't end up dead." He gave a shrug and grinned at her. "Don't worry, I ain't mad, so let's go to the hotel." Rosie led the way out the alley, remembering to pick his shirt up from the road. This was going to be an issue because he wanted to be able to more safely sneak around and try to find the other Masters, but guess he was gonna have to either scratch that plan or just do it with Red staying somewhere at a long distance. "Neeways, Rider, can these people sense me as a Master now that ya said ya won't go spirit form. Guessin' you'll have to keep a distance if I wanna go check some suspicious folks out." He walked back out to the main street. "The hotel's actually more like an inn or something. A tavern? Old west styled. The places here are great, you'll see."

Marian

Once Lancer vanished from her sight, Marian moved towards one of the chairs in the room she was in, picking up the long, black trench coat that she had placed on it earlier, thinking about Lancer’s suggestion. Getting an ally could be helpful… It was just extremely dangerous. She wasn’t too sure if she wanted to keep her back open for a backstab… Especially when she was unsure how the War was going to go.

“I’ll think about that Lancer” she replied to his suggestion after a bit of thought. Just as she grabbed an umbrella for the rain outside, Lancer had rematerialized, suddenly asking her how fast she could travel. Needless to say, the question made her blink in surprise before she answered, “Well, about as fast as a normal person, I guess. I wasn’t really able to get a car or… A vehicle of some kind here.”

Proditor

“Hm… A church…” Proditor replied to Julius, thinking about it, “Hm… If the area is clear of anyone by the time we arrive, it would be a good area to make a base and spy on the War. I would suggest we move quickly before other Masters can intercept us.”

Erica and Ruler

In lieu of a response, Erica's Servant simply faded away in a shimmer of blue sparks. It wasn't that she had a preference for either form, but it would help her Master conserve energy. . . and walking around in that getup had never stopped being a pain. She wasn't certain whether to believe the woman's insistence that this tampering was accidental; mages were notoriously shifty types, unconstrained by silly things like "decency" or "morality" in their quest for knowledge. There would definitely be many issues to contend with in this Grail War, another among them her own damaged class container. She was having difficulty gauging exactly what was wrong; she had no Command Seals, of course, but beyond that it was impossible to tell.

Karsten and Assassin

The main thing that separated them from the roof was a short elevator ride; once they were there, they had a fairly clear overlook of the city. "I'd say. . . couple years now? They've been makin' a bigger fuss as time's gone by, though. More he expands his operations, bigger the exposure risk gets for 'em. I'm just hopin' to cash that particular prize in before anyone else. Doesn't hurt that he's the second or third worst kinda scum, either. I doubt the Association's the only ones that are after 'im, though; lotta people would like him dead. Or better yet, doin' his magic for them instead of his current group." The man pulled out a box, seemingly identical to the ones scattered about his person; one almost wondered how he kept track of the things. The mystery of what it contained, however, was short-lived; he produced a cigar from it before stowing the box, exchanging that for a lighter and drawing deeply off of it before sighing in what sounded like disappointment. "That Kazuki really let me down with these. Anyway, though, you got any ideas for takin' this guy down?"

Nadia and Saber

"We all do Saber, some of them aren't visible, but we all do. And they are nothing to be ashamed of. " Nadia spoke to herself though certain that Saber could hear her, even if she didn't want to. She moved quickly on though, they had work to get to. A war to so win. Whatever Saber thought of her really wasn't important. She had a reason to win this war as well. So, she would still try and win. "Regardless let's begin." Nadia headed for the roof, Saber said something about observing, so, perhaps it was best to do so? 

Berserker and Prey

Ashnard just laughed, spittle landing on Kazuki's face as he did so due to the proximity. His breath smelled all the more horrible, like when he was first summoned. "l'm aware how this works. Do not think this means your safe from me... l've hunting to do. Make sure you're not on the list." he released Kazuki, dropping him to the ground. befroe turning swiftly and beginning his leave. He started to speed up, going faster and faster he leapt forward crashing into a nearby building. Before running up the side of it with the assistance of his gnarled claws. He was out of Kazuki's sight in a matter of seconds. The only thing he could still feel of the beast was that suffocating feeling of hatred in the back of his mind. 

Ashnard searched for a trail to find... magic that he could pick up with his more than keen senses. He'd tracked many a person via scent of magic before. He noted that this city was quite covered in it. lf it was latent or through rampent use he'd never be able to figure out in this state but it didn't matter much. He'd still be able to pick out individual trails, mintue differences in the scents once he got a lock. He wasn't really concerned about if his master could keep up with him, and he cared little if he was killed. So, he began his hunt. Two... heavy scents. Both followable. Seemingly same district. 3rd nearby. Highest chance of finding battle... if none... plenty of civilians to eat in this direction.

The werewlf picked up speed, using it to leap over rooftops and continue on his momentum. He crashed into the rooves causing quite extreme damage, and making it ever so obvious that he was making his way about the city.

Nadia and Saber

Nadia had reached the roof of the warehouse now, which she'd take as some excuse to rest for the time being. Her hand would slwoly heal itself while they waited and she figured it be in her best interests to allow Saber to get some lay of the city while they waited so. She walked up to the edge of the building, sitting with her legs hanging over the edge. lt was a bit windy this night. lt was quite nice. The wind caught in her hair, she felt it's gentle finger run through it and playfully ruffle it all the same. "Saber, we are currenly in the industral zone of this city. l'm not certain how good your eyesight is, or if you've any skills that enhance it but, hopefully this shall suffice for you to get an idea of the lay of the city. lf you need assisstance l've got tools necessary for it. l've already mapped this city for the most part due to the prior war but it's best this knowledge is ingrained within you as well. You are capable on your own and should not have to rely on me to navigate. Further, you having your own knowledge allows us to spilt up and cover more ground. l can always call you to myself via Command Seal in case l'm in aspot of trouble. Though, understand that l can only recall you out of danger not come to you."

"Further, l have not and will not view your perimeters. Unless you insist. But, that information is about you as a person and l shall not view it without direct permission and would even still prefer not to. That information doesn't help me much, l'd know your abilities sure... but that doesn't help me to fight by any means. l expect you to understand your abilities and how and when to use them better than l. So, unlike other masters, l will not look into your being to know these things. Because l trust you to understand yourself and further to know the limits that you have and the boundaries you are able to break at certain times. You were summoned here after all. You've more than proven yourself if such is the case. Therefore l have no need to order your around in battle, a place l'm sure you are more than capable."

Visrii

"Master, I believe it will be more efficient if I were to carry you while we travel. It will be faster than walk-"

Visrii stopped at the middle of his sentence as the sound of crashing rang out through the sound of rain. He didn't need to sense out to know that such cacophony was the work of a Servant, a Servant very close by. And by the periodic, reckless nature of the sound, he guessed it was either a very brash Saber, or more likely a Berserker. Tch, he had hoped that his first battle will be anything but a Berserker. They were usually brutish and stupidly powerful, and he could already dash out possibilities of alliance with them. He had to rely on his experience against Beasts to counter them, and his elements to his advantage.

Visrii gave Marian an urgent look. "Master! A battle is upon us. Brace yourself."

Brandishing his weapon, Visrii fixed his helmet back on, and his halberd began to whir as Visrii gathered power, readying himself for the incoming storm.

Then he walked into the downpour, his eyes gleaning at the rooftops to find the Berserker.

Julius

"Alright then, church it is!" Julius said. After briefly tracking out where they had to go, Julius put away his map and the ether orbs he was using as a lantern dissipated. He went around and collected his few belongings, pack and raincoat. After making sure he had tidied up the place, he stood at the door-frame outside.

Out there, there were people out to kill him. It was more apparent to him now, than when he made the decision. But he had made his choice. A semi-translucent white smoke floated off of Julius' raincoat as power coursed through his body. Ether-powering; rare, but powerful technique. He had only 3 orbs to work with, and it was going to be nowhere near the power of a Servant. But he still prided himself on being able to do it while maintaining a Servant.

He breathed in deeply, and then he took off in the direction of the church with his yellow raincoat shielding him from the pelting rain. Running through the residential district streets, he left a wake of water splashes behind him as he took ether-boosted leaps across the occasional manholes and made his way down through to their destination.