[IC] Fate/Reborn 2.0 Second War

Shamitako

Marian

For the most part, Marian had barely moved from where she had put herself. It did make her an easy target, but thankfully, nothing had happened while she waited for Lancer's report. When she did get it, she felt a mixture of emotions as she gripped the crystal on her pocket. Relief that Lancer was still alive, and dread that that thing, Berserker, was still alive. Which meant that it could come back to kill both of them at the same time.

Needless to say, this realization caused Marian to sigh... Just as Lancer reappeared. The sudden entrance of her Servant caused Marian to push herself off the wall, pausing at the sight of Lancer's beaten form, "Lancer... Are you okay? I know a bit of healing magic that can help fix you up, if you need it" she offered immediately, taking a few steps towards him.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red

Peter wouldn't have much luck trying to fly away, as the Wolf and Red charged up the side of a building in a blur of red and brown, easily besting the speed at which Peter could climb back into the air. In an instant they were beside him and launched off the building to smash into Peter from the side, the Wolf's massive jaws attempting to snap him up or snap him in half as she launched across the street at blinding speed.

Red couldn't help but be filled with glee, it had been so very long since she had gotten to play with Susi. And their prey this time was struggling so hard before his inevitable demise, it was absolute ecstasy. Another howl filled the night as Red and Susi tore into the sky, a howl of pure joy.

Victoria/"Satania"

Victoria had exited her room cautiously, not quite comfortable with the fact she was going somewhere other people would see that she was in a maid outfit. Of all things. She didn't know the War's history very well but she was fairly sure that she was the first capital-S Servant to be in this kind of situation. At least it probably wouldn't be that long. Isis wouldn't be out forever, and then they'd get to the war.  On that subject, she had to go and make tea to wake her. One maid-like task, and then they'd be getting on with things. Victoria took a deep breath, and stepped into the hall and went towards the kitchen, intent on just getting things over wit-

Victoria's train of thought was derailed quite a bit at a rather striking man in a suit in the kitchen. The magical girl had, at the height of her power... still been dealing with puberty's hormones, even if the physical changes were mostly done with by then. So, it followed, that now she still had them. Something she became acutely aware of as she was in a room with an attractive man in a flattering suit while she was in an embarrassing maid outfit. It was at this point that Renton noticed, and complimented her. "O-Oh, yes, I'm... Satania. Yes. Nice to m-meet you." she stammered, feeling the heat rising to her face. This was not a situation she had ever expected to encounter as a Servant to say the least. "Y-You look quite dashing in the suit, if you'll take the compliment...?" She trailed off, leaving the implication of waiting for a name. She was pretty sure it was Renton, but assumption would be rude. Then Victoria processed what she had said. The heat got worse. Why had she said that? Why had she said that? Sure it was true and it would be rude not to give a returning compliment but still! And why was she getting so flustered, she wasn't a schoolgirl, she thought... calm down. Calm down. "I was meaning to make some herbal tea for... the mistress." She notably paused there, unused to calling anyone that. "One of our coworkers said you'd be able to help? Finding the ingredients and that kind of thing I mean." She was still blushing, although trying to fight it down and not really succeeding, but Victoria had managed to steady her voice. 

Kazuki

"I would if I could," he tried to manage through his subjugated state. It was the best logical course of action, though obviously it had been a bad idea with his captors eyes' on him, his only hope having been consent, consent that he might have just been given. It was hard for him to speak, and he wasn't exactly being treated that well either; nor would it exactly appear to the best result when the beast was to come before their eyes. "Like I've said earlier, what I've got is some feral beast. He just ran off after a not-very...polite introduction. More or less I don't even think it seems to care that...*cough* that I'm like this. I can't guarantee what happens if I do get him over here, telling you right now," Struggling to muster whatever strength he could on his marked hand, he hesitated waiting for an answer, not wanting to act out on his own accord and getting another bruise or worse. 

Peter

Astonished by the speed of the wolf, Peter narrowly avoided the first attack, his best course action being to attempt to fly higher -- further -- such that he was at a height where the wold would had no real foundation to jump on. Had he bitten off more than he could chew? He couldn't have -- and he would fight to the end if need be. The wolf was a powerful opponent indeed, but one need aim only for the injured Rider to succeed, he presumed. Nevertheless, Peter had been pushed on the defensive as he continued in his airborne struggle to find some safety, knowing that it wasn't exactly wise to take a head on rush, especially given Tink's enfeebled state.

Red 

"Install." Another pair of moth wings appeared from Red's back and she used them to redirect herself towards Peter as he tried to fly away. At the same time, the Wolf seamlessly merged into Red, brining it along with her redirection. Without missing a beat, Red extended her arm and the Wolf shot out of her, snatching onto Peter's ankle as he tried to flee. Red grabbed ahold of Susi's tail and dropped her moth install, attempting to let the Wolf's great weight drag her and Peter back to the ground. 

Peter

"Tch-!"  Astonished by the sudden attack, Peter found himself trying to shake off the wolf's grip -- his shadow aiding him with it, though his attempt to keep himself aloft was short lived. No sooner he slowly got dragged to the ground despite mustering the strength to afloat, plunging toward the ground as he made an attempt to hack his assailant with his blade. 

"If your Servant's that uncontrollable, you'd be best served usin' all of those seals to off him right now. Truth be told, you'd be better off that way, though you'd miss out on whatever cut of my profits I decided to give ya for the trouble. Though if you do call him over here, just remember one thing. I ain't that interested in killin' ya, but I won't be cut up if you die. You gotcherself into this. Choose wisely," He shook his head. Kid couldn't even control his Servant. Karsten was starting to think he was more of a liability than anything else. Of course, he might just resolve the conundrum by his lonesome in a few moments, without any influence by the bounty hunter. 

Karsten turned his attention back to Nadia. "Anyway, you got a cell, or are you one of those types that'll only send letters over familiars and magical gadgets?" He tried to keep the disdain out of his voice as he spoke. Magical gadgets were all well and good. . . if they were actually superior to the alternative. Magical communication? It wasn't.

Renton

"Renton, and I would be happy to." Renton accepted the compliment. He wasn't oblivious to Satania's embarrassment, but chose to ignore it so as not to embarrass her further. He nodded to indicate he could help with the tea. "For starters, the kettle is on the stove right there, you can just use tap water." He pointed to the stove and the sink to make certain Satania spotted them. "Maria bags the tea so Aria has less steps to worry about, several fresh bags should be in the cupboard above the sink. If not, I can fetch extras from the pantry. Make sure to sweeten it with lots of sugar, Lady Isis doesn't like her tea bitter."

Red

Red climbed back up onto the Wolf as Peter and his Shadow struggled in vain to avoid falling to the ground. His strike was desperate and easily repelled by the magical beast's thick fur. Just before their fall would finish, Susi whipped Peter downwards, slamming him into the ground below and immediately pouncing atop him. He found his face staring directly into her muzzle, fangs as big as his hand bared in an angry snarl as a low growl emanated from her throat. Peter would have a few seconds to consider his fate before the Wolf launched a bite at his head, attempting to crush it completely.

• 2 weeks later...

Nadia

Try as he might, Nadia noticied the tone in her new acquiantence's voice. Whether it was that obvious or Nadia was quite adept at this sort of thing... who knew? Nadia couldn't really blame him though, mages were quite stuck in their ways. Technology saved a lot of time and headache that's for sure... "No, l do. l'm not as antiquated as some of our peers. l have plenty of reasons to break tradition... though if you know who l am you already understand that." She said, looking wistfully at Blank's case. The Sword she took her family crest with... the one she used to wrest it from her father's clutches. lt was probably well known in the magic world... the tradegy of the Darke family.

Kazuki

Amidst his ailing state, Kazuki suddenly felt better. It no longer hurt his body as much to attempt it -- and he would assume he was safe to bring his Servant in, though he decided to warn his assailants beforehand. He didn't want to take more of any attack or subjugation should his Servant arrive unannounced. 

"He's coming back," Struggling felt slightly more comfortable in comparison to the previous state that he had endured, somewhat, as he addressed Karsten. "Probably. He's probably inclined to come back, though I can't say how happy he'll be when it gets here."

Peter

Was this the end?

Fighting against the strength of his assailant and the lingering pain from the impact, Peter responded with a snarl of his own, trying to get free in some semblance of form. Tink, too, struggled to aid her friend however she could, despite her helpless state. He ushered his shadow to take Tink away, to hide her somewhere -- anywhere -- so long as she would be safe. He would not beg -- he would not attempt to swindle his way out of it and whatnot. She was a beast in the skin of a little girl -- whatever sense of human that laid in the eyes on both master and wolf weren't there. 

Karsten shrugged. He'd heard a bit of her story, but her family business wasn't any of his. He just pulled out a business card and flicked it though the air toward the woman before turning to walk away. "Give me a call when you learn anythin', then. I've got my own set of those to make already." He glanced at Kazuki. "You gonna be able to keep him under control, or am I gonna have to solve that problem myself?" He didn't make an effort to sound threatening, but it was clear anyway. The bounty hunter gestured at Kazuki, indicating he should follow him. 

Red

Though he didn't give up his own escape, Peter sent his shadow off to save the fairy. It was admirable, but it sealed his fate. The Wolf's jaws snapped shut around his head, bringing an end to his struggles.

The Shadow's head went along with Peter's and it vanished, leaving Tinkerbell laying alone on the ground, soon to fade away herself. Red let herself down from Susi's back and limped over to the fairy. Red held no animosity towards the creature, nor Peter for that matter, and saw no reason make male Tink's passing any more painful than it had to be. She couldn't remove the venom, not on her own, but perhaps she could give the fairy a little happiness.

Red knelt over Tink, doing her best to avoid looking hostile. She wasn't sure exactly what to do, but didn't clapping or laughing help fairies in Peter Pan? Clapping wasn't exactly something she could do right now, so laughing was all she could do. She smiled as best she could while in this situation and gave a bittersweet laugh. It was the best she could muster, but hopefully it was enough to help ease Tink's passing. 

Assassin:

"I'm going to stick off to the side, Master.  Doesn't sound like a Servant we want catching us unprepared. Not that we'd want any to catch us so, but this one in particular doesn't sound great." Liliya pulled back from where this Nadia was leaving, and headed around to keep her master in view as he traveled, but off a bit in spirit form.

"Though, given this kid's kinda pathetic abilities, anything might seem strong to him."

Min:

As Peter's transmissions gre garbled, with a greater degree of fear coming across the link, Min felt his own heartbeat rising. This was a bad idea. A horrendously ill thought out plan. And when that final snap came through the link, and then nothing, Min was already shouting, "DRIVE." They were near to a Servant that had easily defeated his, and he was servantless.  Near meaning a few blocks distant of course, but the servant might be fast, and might be on the lookout for them.

What to do now, what to do.

Victoria/"Satania"

Victoria nodded, not trusting herself to talk right now. She'd probably embarrass herself further. Or just start verbally kicking herself for this, which would lead to embarrassment. Same result either way.  She hurried to the cabinet, finding the tea bags and picked one that seemed fairly familiar. As the water heated, she found herself talking without really thinking about it ahead of time. "So... how long have you been working here?" she said, managing to keep her voice level by way of focusing on her task rather than on the rather attractive man alone in the room with her- damnit. 

Nadia

"You got it cowboy." the only words that Nadia said as she turned to go. She was more than fine working on her own even if she was working with another. lt was easier to move about without a group clinging to her back. /Saber, we best get of dodge if that Berserker is coming back. Even if there's something of alliance here, well if he dies due to that beast can't say l'll be too sad... just means more work for us to off his target l suppose. But l don't feel like helping him fight whatever that Berserker is. So, let's make like the wind and get back to my humble abode. We can se up a better base of operations there./ she said over their mental link. She headed off in that direction sure that Saber would follow her.

Berserker

The Beast continuing running on all fours, he traveled in a manner that expnded less energy this time, not using his full might to fling himself about to and fro. After all, the ever fraying rope he was tied too couldn't take much more abuse. Tsk, such a frail master he was tied to... a shame. He wanted to act free, and not rely on a worm such as this to sate his hungers and carnel desire. However such was the cruelty. lt wasn't as quick as his chase with the Lancer, but The Beast made the distance still quicker than even most Servants could, his top speed was quite a nightmare even without using momentum to his advantage.

When he approached the area where his master was... where he'd had left him as he so recalled, he sense a new presense. He smelled... Two new ones in fact. One was hard to pick out almost as if they were some sort of ghost that masked their own presence. As if they existed but did not at the same time. The scent reminded him of that clay girl he had once fought with... the one who had no true form. Her scent was always curious. There but also not. He choose to invetigate that scent. 

He couldn't see anything but... he knew they were there. He could smell them. He stared directly where they were "standing". All Liliya saw in the darkness was two burning emerald eyes, eyes filled with a inhuman hatred. They judged silently clearly aware of her presence despite her spirit form. She couldn't make out any specifics of the figure, they last remants of the storm cloaked it just enough to hide the details. However... she could make out it's hulking inhuman frame. lt was clear this creature whatever it was... it was what she was to be looking for.

Ruler

The pair set off into the residential area; Ruler felt that it was a less likely place to find people, but also supposed that was precisely why they should search there. She was glad she didn't have to wander around in the rain; she didn't hate it, per se, but it was something she'd always preferred to observe at a distance. It took a few hours of more or less wandering aimlessly but eventually the Hellfire Knight started to detect. . . something. "Master, I can feel a Servant nearby." She ranged ahead slightly, still in spirit form, showing Erica the way, as they drew closer and closer to the mana signature (a quite powerful one) of the unknown Servant.

Tinkerbell

The fairy's eyes, circles of horror and despair, widened and teared, in a mix of grief and anger; ignoring the enemy, she wanted to scream voicelessly; she wanted Peter to wake up in any semblance of miracle or belief, or hope. Feebly she could not even muster to strength to inch close; not even his shadow was there to aid her as it faded into the darkness of where his seemingly limp and lifeless body stood crushed and unmoving. Nor did Red's laughter help -- it was a joy derived from suffering, not a single shred of it genuine -- as her surroundings darkened even more, unable to keep her eyes awake for any longer; the pain of losing her friend and beloved was enough to kill the poor, emotionally driven creature if the poison would not. All she could do was delude that the world she was now in was prone to giving its inhabitants nightmares; nightmares nonexistent in their haven of Neverland, nightmares that would not exist if they were together -- could be together -- to wherever the two may pass beyond...

Kazuki

Relief slowly returned to Kazuki -- physically, though he knew not the implications of that beast finally arriving, so he remained nervous, slightly flustered at the premonition. He didn't really need a Command Seal for him to return at this stage, but he resisted the urge to plead or beg or scold the feral thing, not knowing if his captors would sense him doing it -- not like it would matter, if he thought it through, there was little chance of some turnaround especially with such an uncommunicative Servant, however. 

"I doubt I'm capable of that, considering our only introduction was just him grabbing me before running away," He uttered to Karsten. Though I guess I'd use a seal if necessary. Something seemingly resisted him from saying that out loud, Kazuki not knowing if it were spite, hate, frustration or fear -- or perhaps all -- that said so. Perhaps it was best to stay the feeble little lamb driven to a corner by the hungry wolves. "He's close -- very close. Whatever you intend to do with him I suggest you get ready with it," He tried to resist gritting his teeth as he resignedly informed his Servant's imminent arrival, not knowing what would happen next, if that thing, whatever it was would actually obediently sit still like a loyal dog to its master, even under such circumstances. 

Karsten turned around, drawing his revolver in one smooth motion and placing it inches away from Kazuki's face. "Apparently, I didn't make myself clear. If you can't control him, then you end him. And if you can't even do that for me, then I end you." The weapon made a faint clicking noise as the bounty hunter eased down on the trigger, the hammer of the weapon cocking backward. "Do you understand?" His voice was icy calm; he didn't particularly want to kill Kazuki. . . but wasn't exactly going to lose sleep over it, either. Kazuki was in this now; he could have quit already, he'd even had the chance, but hadn't taken it. 

Proditor

As per usual, Proditor barely moved, or talked, as he focused on his territory creation. So far, his progress had expanded from the room they were residing in to most of the building, replacing the old walls and useless decor with durable, metal walls and turrets. The latter of which were more to slow down a Servant or Master. He had no intention of using them to deal with a Servant single handily. That would only be accomplished by his own hand.

For the most part, his creation was slowly turning into his prefered outline for bases. Large collections of hallways to confuse invaders, with only several going to important rooms, such as a storage room, the entrance, command center, and most recently, a specialized room for Julius to reside in. Of course, he'd have to give Julius something to help him maneuver the area, such as a map. Proditor at least had the knowledge of creating the entire place to know where he needed to go.

As his work neared its completion, however, Proditor felt a bad feeling creeping up on him. He couldn't sense anything nearby, and his cams showed no sighs of Masters nor Servants, but there was something out there. Something was about to happen, fairly soon.

... Perhaps he would need to keep a closer eye on the security footage for now.

Red

When it became apparent that her attempt to help Tink was being ineffective, Red took a more immediate route. Without a word between them, Susi jumped into Red's back and the two merged again. Red lashed out with her newly grown claws, detaching the fairy's head from the accompanying body. Had she the choice, she would not have killed the little creature at all, but that was too much to hope for with Peter gone.

Susi left Red's body, and Red left the fairy behind to pet the massive creature. Red hugged the wolf's neck (as much as her singular functioning arm could), inhaling the creature's scent and reveling in the feel of fur against her face. "I've missed you." she whispered lovingly, her breathing becoming very heavy. "I've missed you a lot... But you can't stay." She pushed away from the wolf and Susi gave her a sad but understanding look. Red knew she'd have gotten a sloppy lick on her face if Susi's jaws weren't coated in Peter's blood. Instead, she received a gentle nuzzle to her injured side, a warning that she needed to heal herself as soon as possible. "I know, I'll get it taken care of. And I promise that when I win this war, we'll spend more time together." After another hug, Susi curled up on the ground and slowly faded away.

"Master Rosie, I've defeated the enemy servant, but I've taken serious damage. I'm sure you'd like to hunt down the enemy master, but I think it would be better if we regroup immediately. I hope that's alright" Red sent a message to her master. She hoped that using Susi hadn't taken too much of a toll on his mana supply. Everything felt fine, but she was a little worried he would push himself to keep up appearances, even if he was struggling.

Rosie & Rider

The mad was not expecting such an early victory. When he heard Red's voice in his head, he pushed himself back up with genuine surprise written all over his drenched face. The storm was letting up but the fact he had felt such a wave of exhaustion all of a sudden was indicative enough that Red had to pull the trump card, and had forced him to a nearby bench, where he'd stopped giving a fuck about the umbrella anymore.

/You won! But you're injured? Was the Servant that strong?/ He'd ask her, closing his eyes and letting out a sigh. He stretched out a bit and picked the umbrella up again before starting to move. /Meet me near the hotel, I'll see what I can do about your injuries. But stay out of site. Wait for me at one of the alleys./ He wanted to sound confident but he had no clue how to take care of an injured Servant. Especially if the injury was really as bad as it sounded. She sounded as if she was merely reporting it, sheesh...well he'd get her fixed up and get her a real good bed. He should get on to looking for a fancier hotel too so long as she's here, it was gonna be just a couple of days...his wallet could theoretically handle it.

He hastened his step as he went back, even though his feet felt like shit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saber & Nadia

Tessa nodded as she followed Nadia. She kept her distance but still had the woman remain within her sight, as she had to make sure that cowboy and his Servant weren't following them. /I wholehartedly agree. I'd rather first observe this Berserker in action rather than challenge them myself. And it is as you say, if the Berserkers kills them all, it'll be simpler for us to win./

Eventually, once she felt the error margin was small enough, she switched to spirit form while no one was looking. /Besides, I am quite interested to see our base of operations~/ She said, perkily.

(OOC: Well, I've taken far too long here. Sorry Twin. Will do Red a bit later, not feeling her right now)

Renton

"I grew up with Lady Isis." Renton answered, "My family has worked as her family's servants for almost as long as they've been doing magecraft, she's almost like a little sister to me. She can be a little bossy, and lately she's been in a bad mood because of her real brother's actions, but she makes up for her flaws with her intelligence and ingenuity. I'm not a mage myself, so I don't really get the details, but she apparently figured out some sort of complex ritual that will let her track down her brother and take back her magic crest, that's why we came to this city. Not just anyone could do that." Renton decided that was enough about Isis and shifted topics slightly, "What about you? How'd you end up here? Lady Isis doesn't often bring on new servants. I'm sure you're much easier to handle than the Northlight twins, but they're enough trouble for three."

Red

Red acknowledged her master, confirming her victory and that she understood his orders. She then crept back towards the hotel, trying to stay out of sight as she went. She left a trail of blood as she went, her strength continuing to drain from her wound even well after the fight.

When Rosie found her in an alley near the hotel, she would be sitting on the ground in a pool of congealed blood. The bleeding would have largely stopped, but she would be very weak. She neither possessed any innate healing skills, nor could she enter spirit form to regenerate her body. The best she could do was sleep on the ground to maximize the amount of mana available for her body to regenerate with.

• 2 weeks later...

Kazuki

"I'll use my Seals. I feel it's the best way to do so without making anything ugly," The words that came out of his mouth surprised him, even if a little; before any conversation could continue, however, the silhouette of the beast soon appeared before them, the air flowing toward him growing dense, the beast's gaping mouth releasing breath like a thick fog, making his "return" all the more eerie. The seal on his right hand throbbed amidst the danger, danger of both being held captive...and perhaps the danger of being in close proximity with the very Servant itself. 

"Stand down!" He mustered whatever strength he could in his voice and flashed his hand forward, attempting to put whatever sense of authority he could into the command. He had to be quick and the command needed to work -- it was likely enough that the beast would act, faster than his eye could follow if he wasn't careful enough.