Hurt and Heal: XY Megas

Walpurgis

• Veterans

I mean the reason Gardevoir/Magnezone are overused are because they're basically the first, most easily accessible decent-good Pokemon of their respective types, and they're basically handouts since you get them during story progression essentially. Or well, used to. Ralts and the Yureyu Key being moved back so much was so dumb.

Mega Venusaur: 15

Mega Charizard X: 23

Mega Charizard Y: 24

Mega Alakazam: 20 

Mega Gengar: 23 

Mega Kangaskhan: 18 

Mega Pinsir: 22

Mega Aerodactyl: 24

Mega Mewtwo Y: 18 

Mega Ampharos: 13 

Mega Scizor: 18

Mega Heracross: 22

Mega Houndoom: 23

Mega Tyranitar: 21

Mega Gardevoir: 7

Mega Mawile: 28

Mega Aggron: 22

Mega Medicham: 6 

Mega Manectric: 21

Mega Banette: 16 

Mega Absol: 16 

Mega Lucario: 12

Mega Abomasnow: 17

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you dislike a pokemon just because a lot of people likes it or uses it in-game? If you were facing that mon over and over or forced to use it repeatedly (like certain pokemon in OU) I would understand it but......... It's not like gardevoir was being shoved into your face by GF like it happens with pikachu and charizard either.

Azery ignored my vote. Should kick his ass for it tbh.

Mega Pinsir: 22

Mega Aerodactyl: 25

Mega Gardevoir: 5

That's a very common concept;

Hate if it is loved by many,

It is like hating on a best seller because it is so popular,or claming One Piece is not good enough as the sales indicates,

Gardevoir hated mostly because it is Psychic/Fairy Type,fairly popular(Rule34,Comic books,female aspects etc.),people always saying Gardevoir is overrated but tbh she was never that good,

I can honesly see the hate is coming from hype and that's okay too,but claiming Gardevoir was always good and saying didn't need Mega while saying the opposite for Gallade,is really hypocrite,

She is decent now because fairy type added to it,nothing more,she was horrible when she was mono Psychic type and that is saying something,

Edited by Thundermaze

11 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

How can you dislike a pokemon just because a lot of people likes it or uses it in-game? If you were facing that mon over and over or forced to use it repeatedly (like certain pokemon in OU) I would understand it but......... It's not like gardevoir was being shoved into your face by GF like it happens with pikachu and charizard either.

yeah. if you just hate mons because they're commonly used therem are about 3 mons you can actually like in this list :/

1 minute ago, Thundermaze said:

It is like hating on a best seller because it is so popular,or claming One Piece is not good enough as the sales indicates,

Gardevoir hated mostly because it is Psychic/Fairy Type,fairly popular(Rule34,Comic books,female aspects etc.),people always saying Gardevoir is overrated but tbh she was never that good,

I can honesly see the hate is coming from hype and that's okay too,but claiming Gardevoir was always good and saying didn't need Mega while saying the opposite for Gallade,is really hypocrite,

She is decent now because fairy type added to it,nothing more,she was horrible when she was mono Psychic type and that is saying something,

The best people to roast a mon are the ones who call it their favorite. Gardevoir was never an amazing mon till fairy. It was never truly bad, but not great either (that speed man... if that was like 10 points higher...)

6 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

yeah. if you just hate mons because they're commonly used therem are about 3 mons you can actually like in this list :/

The best people to roast a mon are the ones who call it their favorite. Gardevoir was never an amazing mon till fairy. It was never truly bad, but not great either (that speed man... if that was like 10 points higher...)

And what about her Mega,

Why does she gains 20 to Attack

WHY !?

Edit: @Wolfox Physhical Mega Gardevoir is stronger than Talonflame xd

#Sobayed

Edited by Thundermaze

1 minute ago, Thundermaze said:

And what about her Mega,

WHY !?

I've asked myself that multiple times. if nothing else GF learned from this mistake and increased Gallade's defence and speed

4 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

And what about her Mega,

WHY !?

Gardevoir has very good special bulk, a great typing, an enormous special attack with more than decent speed and a good movepool that grants it a lot of coverage options. Tell me where could they have put those points without making it broken. And yeah, I'm a mega mawile fan talking about brokenness, but the difference is that regular mawile has abysmal stats and much fewer speed and coverage options, the only way of fixing it was breaking it.

1 minute ago, Azeria said:

Gallade also doesn't have an ability that turns Normal moves into Fairy moves and buffs them by 1.2x on top, or a useful ability period..

they learned from Pixelate. But a little too much

11 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

@walpurgis 

Maybe 10 to speed and 10 to defense or all of them to defense,

Like they did in Gallade~

And yet mega garde is better than mega gallade. I Think they did that on purpose to even out pokemon that were supposed to be counterparts. Gardevoir receives a much better typing and gallade a slightly better stat distribution.

And if we're going to talk about unfairness regarding what mega received what let's not forget abilities. 

Ninja'd by Azery in that last part

Mega Pinsir: 23

Mega Aerodactyl: 25

Mega Gardevoir: 3

3 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Oh no! A good mon is popular and thus get's used a lot! Call the cops! God forbit that thereá a valid reason nfor it to be as popular as it is! Oh wait... Now I remember, it's just a solid mon for most teams.

I think you are overreacting a bit. You can also calmly answer.

2 hours ago, walpurgis said:

2 hours ago, Thundermaze said:

Tbh i am not sure at which this critic is going to but, just to make it clear: Noone specifically said They dislike Gardevoir.

I just said i like Gallade more then Gardevoir. That doesn't mean i hate Gardevoir. I like Gardevoir and use it too. Not sure how you came to the conclusion of HATE.

2nd Jeah Gardevoir became Overused with the Fairy Typing and whatever. But that was only a statement from me. It's overused. Just means it's good enough for a lot of players to use it. No Ill Meaning.

15 minutes ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

Tbh i am not sure at which this critic is going to but, just to make it clear: Noone specifically said They dislike Gardevoir.

I just said i like Gallade more then Gardevoir. That doesn't mean i hate Gardevoir. I like Gardevoir and use it too. Not sure how you came to the conclusion of HATE.

2nd Jeah Gardevoir became Overused with the Fairy Typing and whatever. But that was only a statement from me. It's overused. Just means it's good enough for a lot of players to use it. No Ill Meaning.

At least for my part was more directed towards that kind of attitude than to anyone in concrete, but there was no salt intended anyways, I was just curious and I wanted to discuss it, so it's all cool.

18 minutes ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

"Mega Gardevoir: 3"

-Yeah, and I never said I disliked Huge Power.

I understand why people here dislike Gardevoir for being extremely popular in Reborn. And the same can be said for Garde's mega (pixilate OP). But isn't downvoting and hating on Gardevoir equivalent to disliking it?   (this isn't directed towards you but to everyone here)

Speaking of which, when do you think we'll have access to some of these megas in Reborn? I wouldn't imagine until very late or post game for most. I think we'd probably get Mega Manectric, Mega Absol, and Mega Aerodactyl in next epiosde.

4 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

"Mega Gardevoir: 3"

-Yeah, and I never said I disliked Huge Power.

I understand why people here dislike Gardevoir for being extremely popular in Reborn. And the same can be said for Garde's mega (pixilate OP). But isn't downvoting and hating on Gardevoir equivalent to disliking it?   (this isn't directed towards you but to everyone here)

Speaking of which, when do you think we'll have access to some of these megas in Reborn? I wouldn't imagine until very late or post game for most. I think we'd probably get Mega Manectric, Mega Absol, and Mega Aerodactyl in next epiosde.

I can actually confirm that the absolite will be available by the end of next episode. I would expect mega ampharos, blastoise, slowbro and glalie (?) too, maybe aerodactyl and garchomp.

@walpurgis @Dragoknight Oh i just saw Gardevoir is almost dead XD

Well i never hurt or healed it in the first place so who knows.

And well about Mega Evolutions: I used Mega Heracross, but it just feels meh. I would rather use Moxie then Skill Link.

For new additions to E18, I hope for Mega Galade. But we will probably get Sableeye, Aerodactyl, Banette and Steelix.

And Mega Glalie is already avaiable.

Edited by CrimsonDragon21

11 minutes ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

And well i used Mega Heracross, but it just feels meh. I would rather use Moxie then Skill Link.

I hope for Mega Galade. I think we would get Sableeyes, Aerodactyl, Banette and Steelix.

And Mega Glalie is already avaiable.

NEVER. MEGA. SAYBLEYE. Way too OP and annoying to not be post game.

We already have Steelixite and Banettite, but Aerodactylite is definitely very likely.

Forgot Glalie was a thing, and everything @walpurgis said is quite likely. Maybe Mega Altaria and Mega Beedrill too.

Edited by Dragoknight

12 minutes ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

I used Mega Heracross, but it just feels meh. I would rather use Moxie then Skill Link.

I'm not a master of competitive pokemon, but in monotype I love to use moxie heracross in sticky web and it sweeps. (the mega in my in-game team is heracross, though)

2 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

NEVER. MEGA. SAYBLEYE. Way too OP and annoying to not be post game.

Defensive pokemon don't work that well in Reborn, so I wouldn't be that surprised if it's available next episode. 

2 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

Defensive pokemon don't work that well in Reborn, so I wouldn't be that surprised if it's available next episode. 

True. Field effects don't really favor the defensive playstyle (thank god arceus helix)

The mega I want to see most is Mega Venusaur. Best grass type there is.

9 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

True. Field effects don't really favor the defensive playstyle (thank god arceus helix Ame)

The mega I want to see most is Mega Venusaur. Best grass type there is.

Definitely looking forward to Mega Venusaur (and breloom, seriously T.T) for my grass mono.

In my main I'll probably switch to Mega Altaria until Mega Mawile is available.

• Veterans
Just now, walpurgis said:

Definitely looking forward to Mega Venusaur (and breloom, seriously T.T) for my grass mono.

In my main I'll probably switch to Mega Altaria until Mega Mawile is available.

Hold on where's the Altarianite?