Hurt and Heal: XY Megas

Walpurgis

@Wolfox Mega Blastoise isn't that bad, but compared to some others it just falls short.

And while I genuinly disliked Gardevoir from the start (even before it became fairy), I'll go easy today.

Mega Venusaur: 21
Mega Charizard X: 23 

Mega Charizard Y: 21

Mega Blastoise: 2
Mega Alakazam: 21
Mega Gengar: 21

Mega Kangaskhan: 18
Mega Pinsir: 22
Mega Aerodactyl: 23
Mega Mewtwo X: 12
Mega Mewtwo Y: 20
Mega Ampharos: 17
Mega Scizor: 18
Mega Heracross: 20

Mega Houndoom: 23
Mega Tyranitar: 23
Mega Gardevoir: 15

Mega Mawile: 24
Mega Aggron: 20
Mega Medicham: 16
Mega Manectric: 24
Mega Banette: 18

Mega Absol: 18
Mega Garchomp: 12
Mega Lucario: 16
Mega Abomasnow: 16

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega Charizard Y: 22

Mega Blastoise: 0

Mega Gardevoir: 15

Mega Mawile: 24

Well i had my Hands full with killing Mega Gyarados first. And now Blastoise falls too.

Need something elso to target now :)

1 minute ago, CrimsonDragon21 said:

Well i had my Hands full with killing Mega Gyarados first. And now Blastoise falls too.

Need something elso to target now :)

that kill was for the fairies, I'm gonna play rough you in the face >:(

Mega Gardevoir: 16

Mega Mawile: 22

@CrimsonDragon21 @walpurgis Clearly our next victim needs to be Garchomp or one of the two Huge Power abusers. And of course heal M-Garde cuz go fairies!

Yes I know I'm hurting Mawile but it is easily it's my least favourite fairy by far. It's too ugly to be a fairy.

9 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Yes I know I'm hurting Mawile but it is easily it's my least favourite fairy by far. It's too ugly to be a fairy.

I'm gonna play rough you in the face too

Gardevoir is the least fairy of all fairies (still wonderful, tho).

Mega Gardevoir: 17

Mega Mawile: 22
Mega Banette: 16

@walpurgis Even tho Gardevoir is my fav gal after you,I wish she wasn't Fairy at all,i can see no relevance.

• Veterans

Mega Mewtwo X: 10

Mega Gardevoir: 17

Mega Mawile: 23
Mega Banette: 16

2 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

I'm gonna play rough you in the face too

Gardevoir is the least fairy of all fairies (still wonderful, tho).

Hmmm....... sounds kinky.

But back to your point. It really depends on what you consider to be "fairy". I consider cuteness/beauty and innocence to be fairy. Sure, Gardevoir seems more so like a psychic type than a fairy, but what about Mawlie? What is fairy about that thing?

But above all else, there is nothing greater than that wedding dress. Best Mega by far.

• Veterans

Fairies aren't always innocent, cutesy creatures. Often they're depicted as mischievous and sometimes outright malicious,  so I'd say Mawile is much more fitting of the typing lol.

3 minutes ago, Azeria said:

Fairies aren't always innocent, cutesy creatures. Often they're depicted as mischievous and sometimes outright malicious,  so I'd say Mawile is much more fitting of the typing lol.

I guess fairies can be a bit more so mischievous based on your source material (different kinds of folk lore and mythos), but then what exactly is mischevious about Mawile? If its gimmick was trickery with it's false face, then a dark typing would suit it much better. Doubly so since Mawile tend to live in dark caves.

1 minute ago, Dragoknight said:

Hmmm....... sounds kinky.

But back to your point. It really depends on what you consider to be "fairy". I consider cuteness/beauty and innocence to be fairy. Sure, Gardevoir seems more so like a psychic type than a fairy, but what about Mawlie? What is fairy about that thing?

But above all else, there is nothing greater than that wedding dress. Best Mega by far.

Well, those things can be seen as fairy-ish, but in my opinion a lot of times people forget about how fairies are harmful and mischievous too. The etymology of the word fairy is related to the concept of enchantment and illusion, so I feel that Mawile, a pokemon that creates an illusion of innocence to attract and capture it's prey, is actually more close to the true concept of fairy than a lot of other fairies.

And I have kind of been ninja'd by Az even before posting 

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

I guess fairies can be a bit more so mischievous based on your source material (different kinds of folk lore and mythos), but then what exactly is mischevious about Mawile? If its gimmick was trickery with it's false face, then a dark typing would suit it much better. Doubly so since Mawile tend to live in dark caves.

One could argue that, but not only is what @walpurgisjust said accurate in terms of 'illusion' and deception, but you forget that Mawile is the counterpart to Sableye, a Ghost/Dark type, so the lack of dark typing is likely due to that.

14 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

Mawile is based on a Japanese female Yokai,Futakuchi-Onna(Rougly translated as 'Woman with two mouhts'),I agree Mawile is not very fairy-like,

Being Steel/Ghost would be more appropriate for Mawile.

If we were to base mawile's type solely on its origin I think that the type that doesn't fit is actually steel. 

If one would think Fairies are mischiveous than anything else,then under that circumstances Mawile is fitting to be fairy type since it's japanese name is Kucheat(Kuchi 'mouth' for japanese and cheat is basically cheat),

But since Mawile is based on Futakuchi-Onna,i find more resemblance with Froslass,which based from Yuki-Onna(Snow Woman)another type of Yokai,which is a Ice/Ghost type,

Maybe Ghost/Fairy type would be more fitting than anything,but with that Mega Form ?

It would be too OP.

Edited by Thundermaze

1 minute ago, Azeria said:

One could argue that, but not only is what @walpurgisjust said accurate in terms of 'illusion' and deception, but you forget that Mawile is the counterpart to Sableye, a Ghost/Dark type, so the lack of dark typing is likely due to that.

Gonna have to call BS on that one, Mawile was mono-steel before ORAS. Doesn't make much sense to change a pre-existing 'mon to be a counterpart to another pre-existing 'mon. Neat way of looking at it though.

@walpurgis @Thundermaze Typing be weird. I still think it should be part dark but being Mimikyu before Mimikyu existed is a pretty cool idea (although too OP).

Come to think about it actually, not a whole lot of fairy types really represent the archetype too well. Going off the mischievous aspect, Klefki and Mimikyu probably do it best. Using the whole innocence thing, pokemon like Florges and Togekiss fit the bill.

A majority of the pre-existing pokemon that got the fairy typing really don't fit it too well. It's kinda like GF just wanted to add their new type to a bunch of different 'mon to see how it would play into the meta.

@Dragoknight

I am not a Gardevoir Fan (but i absolutely love Galade :D ), so i am neither healing it, nor will i hurt it.

A friend of mine, loves Mega Mawhile, so i will also not hurt Mawhile.

But jeah we can hurt Mega Garchomp, it's Mega Evolution just doesn't do it justice.

32 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

I consider cuteness/beauty and innocence to be fairy.

Haha why is Mr.Mime a Fairy then? XD

3 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Gonna have to call BS on that one, Mawile was mono-steel before ORAS. Doesn't make much sense to change a pre-existing 'mon to be a counterpart to another pre-existing 'mon. Neat way of looking at it though.

They were supposed to be counterparts since they were created, they are version exclusives in rs, hgss and oras and have the same base hp (50), speed (50) and base stat total (380). 

9 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Typing be weird. I still think it should be part dark but being Mimikyu before Mimikyu existed is a pretty cool idea (although too OP).

Come to think about it actually, not a whole lot of fairy types really represent the archetype too well. Going off the mischievous aspect, Klefki and Mimikyu probably do it best. Using the whole innocence thing, pokemon like Florges and Togekiss fit the bill.

A majority of the pre-existing pokemon that got the fairy typing really don't fit it too well. It's kinda like GF just wanted to add their new type to a bunch of different 'mon to see how it would play into the meta.

I would add whimsicott to the mischievous list.

my next target will be Mega Medicham. it's one of those mons that the mono council learned to deal with properly in gen 7 after it being a complete psychic staple in gen 6 (Mega Gallade banned for knowing Knock Off. the stronger one was allowed to stay and run rampant. the smell of Bias and Salt is strong here).

Mega Mewtwo X: 10