Newt

Ok, I *think* I know what might have caused the two new deaths on night 0.

[N0] Doctor protects unespecified town role. Unespecified town role visits granny, but nothing happens since the doctor was protecting him from killings

[N2] Time traveler assassing goes to N0 and targets random townie. Random townie happens to be the doctor. Doctor can no longer protect unespecified town role in N0. Unespecified town role dies. 

This explains why time traveler stalker is still alive. This implies that the doctor is indeed dead and that the strongman can still kill (which doesn't make a difference now because the town has no longer  the ability to revive anyone, but the mafia has still a time travel kill even if tt assassin dies). 

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@sailboat

I had no reason to check Alaris, since he claimed Lab Chief and was proven town. I checked Alisae to verify my suspicion that E was the Scientist.

I don't know how to move forward with your revelation as the TT-lawyer.

If we allow them to kill you in N0, then your action is nullified. Then Corso is revived and Alaris returns to the dead.

-->(Town-2, Govt+1)

If we lynch you now, we keep Corso dead, and Alaris alive. Thing is, we waste a lynch this way, but we don't risk a govt agent returning from the dead.

Given govt will still kill a townie after this day phase, we still lose 2 townies.

-->(Town-2, Govt--)

Ideally someone would use their gun and kill you right now, so we can proceed with the lynch.

I'm in a rush here, so I don't have time to come up with a more solid plan right meow.

[Unvote] Paul

[Eliminate] Sailboat

Town's objective is to kill the mafia before the mafia kills them, right?

Then as long as mafia is dead it doesn't matter how many townies live, town would win, right?

And we know 100% sure that one person that is still alive is town, right?

And I'll assume that even if one person dies in the present that person can still be killed in the past because it makes sense for it to be that way.

Then I propose that everyone votes themselves except Alaris, who will vote sailboat. That way if sailboat gets eliminated in the past the town automatically wins. If someone doesn't comply to do this then we can assume that that person is mafia and someone with a gun will shot that person/we change our votes to eliminate that person. What do you think?

mindblown

I mean what?! We're missing something here.

First, why hasn't the doctor saved anyone?

• The jailer roleblocked him. Contrarily to the drunk, who cannot roleblock time travelers, the jailer is not affected by that. On the other hand, since the jailer is blocking the doctor in the present, he can still be killed in the past (but cannot go to the past because the night action itself is present... right? right? ^^U). @Newt Could you confirm it? Can a jailed time traveler still perform their action? Can they be killed in the past when jailed in the present?
  • The saboteur roleblocked him. Perhaps there is no strongman at all and the two (two? three?) remaining mafia are TT assassin and saboteur.

Second, why was there 2 kills in night 1?

• The only explanation it occurs to me is that the doctor protected and saved the other townie in Night 1. Since the doctor was killed in Night 0, the townie is killed as well.

In any case, jailer, if you're around, please tell us. If not, there's a saboteur.

4 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

Town's objective is to kill the mafia before the mafia kills them, right?

Then as long as mafia is dead it doesn't matter how many townies live, town would win, right?

And we know 100% sure that one person that is still alive is town, right?

And I'll assume that even if one person dies in the present that person can still be killed in the past because it makes sense for it to be that way.

Then I propose that everyone votes themselves except Alaris, who will vote sailboat. That way if sailboat gets eliminated in the past the town automatically wins. If someone doesn't comply to do this then we can assume that that person is mafia and someone with a gun will shot that person/we change our votes to eliminate that person. What do you think?

Let's see... but let's assume we do this. We would lynch sailboat today (everyone 1 vote, me 0, sailboat 2). Why would need mafia kill him in the past then?

@walpurgis Sailboat does not need to die.

Govt can kill Sosobean and revive Corso the same way.

We just need a gun to shoot Corso if he gets revived.

How is everyone voting themselves going to help? We just lynch Sailboat this way. 

@Alaris

First, why hasn't the doctor saved anyone?

The jailer roleblocked him.

The saboteur roleblocked him 

A doctor who can time travel has already done their action. Being jailed in the present won't affect them in any way. 

The only explanation it occurs to me is that the doctor protected and saved the other townie in Night 1. Since the doctor was killed in Night 0, the townie is killed as well.

The doctor saves in N0, even if they chose to do so in N1 and travel back.

Being killed in N0 does not mean he can't save in N0.

Newt has confirmed that.

@Alaris Now that sailboat has revealed his role they will probably try to kill him in the past, causing his death, your death and bringing back Corso. This is the only reliable way we have to avoid that situation. The balance of deaths would still be the same (2 town deaths), but at least no one gets revived.

2 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

A doctor who can time travel has already done their action. Being jailed in the present won't affect them in any way. 

The action takes place in the present. If there's that distinction between jailer and drunk in the rules maybe it's because they cannot time travel if they're jailed. Basically because of the same reason that you can't do any action in the past if you're killed in the present.

4 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

The doctor saves in N0, even if they chose to do so in N1 and travel back.

Being killed in N0 does not mean he can't save in N0.

Newt has confirmed that.

My bad, that's true. Unless he has been roleblocked. It's the only possible explanation remaning. This, or that there's no doctor. But then the teams would be rather unbalanced.

7 minutes ago, walpurgis said:

@Alaris Now that sailboat has revealed his role they will probably try to kill him in the past, causing his death, your death and bringing back Corso. This is the only reliable way we have to avoid that situation. The balance of deaths would still be the same (2 town deaths), but at least no one gets revived.

I understand. From your last comment, I thought you meant that you wanted to provoke a tie in the lynch (everyone except for me), so everyone's mass lynched and the town wins.

There is no point, time traveler lawyer is sailboat and time traveler stalker is megagun. The doctor is presumably dead.

The only other unblockable non-mafia roles are Lab Chief (I think we all know who has this role) and Oracle, which reveals information when it dies. So 66% we kill an important mafia and 33% we gain information that might be useful. 

We haven't anything on anyone else and 66% (+ the chance of him being the oracle and having investigated a mafia last night, which I estimate is at least 6%) is a high chance of success, so I doubt my vote will change.