Hurt and Heal: Starter Pokemon Lines (Winner: Piplup with 18(!) points)

Jess

Hurt Torchic, Heal Treecko.

Edit: I did hurt Popplio for -1 too, cause someone hurt Popplio but only substracted one

Bulbasaur: 25

Charmander: 10

Squirtle: 5

Cyndaquil: 25

Totodile: 19

Treecko: 13

Torchic: 9

Mudkip: 25

Turtwig: 22

Chimchar: 16

Piplup: 21

Snivy: 17

Oshawott: 20

Chespin: 16

Fennekin: 20

Froakie: 20

Rowlet: 19

Litten: 16

Popplio: 20

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Treecko: 13

Snivy: 18

Froakie: 18

Popplio: 20

I know snivy won't even be close to winning but I'll remain loyal.

Popplio Is part of my world.........................Disney Reference

Treecko: 11

Snivy: 18

Popplio: 21

Treecko: 11

Snivy: 16

Popplio: 22

Treecko: 9

Chespin: 17

@CrimsonDragon21 Popularity is mainly 2 things: Design and Competitive Ability. They are not equal in the eyes of the audience. If someone likes the design, they usually won't change their minds because the pokemon is damn good at what it does. They might use it for a team (to test it), but won't start liking it out of a sudden. Then, you get those for whom combat is the only thing that matters, and design is secondary. In fact, if a design takes a 180 (usually in the last evo or the mega), it becomes unappealing to most people, thus losing "points" for them. 

I was trying to appeal to both with my comment on Chespin. Those that can appreciate it in a team (and believe me it's pretty good when you know how to play) and those who like both the cutesy first stage design and the more mature last one. At least it's not using its tongue as a scarf.

6 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

@CrimsonDragon21 Popularity is mainly 2 things: Design and Competitive Ability. They are not equal in the eyes of the audience. If someone likes the design, they usually won't change their minds because the pokemon is damn good at what it does. They might use it for a team (to test it), but won't start liking it out of a sudden. Then, you get those for whom combat is the only thing that matters, and design is secondary. In fact, if a design takes a 180 (usually in the last evo or the mega), it becomes unappealing to most people, thus losing "points" for them. 

I was trying to appeal to both with my comment on Chespin. Those that can appreciate it in a team (and believe me it's pretty good when you know how to play) and those who like both the cutesy first stage design and the more mature last one. At least it's not using its tongue as a scarf.

I see what you say here but I regret to inform you that quilladin is the best stage in the chespin evolutionary line.

also, considering we are on the forum of reborn, id say that ingame ability is a pretty important thing too. for example, while something like stoutland might not be that great in competitive (barring of course pu but thats the bottom of the barrel), its a really great mon ingame. pre-snow warning vanilluxe was terrible in competitive, but still found a niche in reborn by firing off those mirror coats.

Well, looks like you murdered Tepig while I was gone....

Looks like it's time to hurt the squirts. All hail the Mudkip Mob!

mudkipmob.jpg.cb39414a7ac0531c161dbf68ba42e8f1.jpg 

-2 Squirtle, +1 Mudkip

Squirtle: 1 (Finish him!)

Treecko: 7

Mudkip: 26

Chespin: 18

Fennekin: 21

Another thing to keep in mind is that Pokemon can go from good-> bad or bad->Good depending on gen. Blaziken was meh competetively in gen4(from what i remember anyway), Non-Mega Venusaur was a monster in gen 5 and the top grass mon alongside Exeguttor in gen 2. Charizard varied between average and straight up awfull pre gen6. Point is, very few mons, much less starters were consistently good(I'd say swampert or infernape are the closest  to this) and consistently bad(Meganium for example).

Squirtle: 2 (No I won't!)

Mudkip: 24

In memory of the laughs that the Squirtle gang offered me in my childhood...

Squirtle: 3

Torchic: 7

@Dorcas Both points are valid. Yet, Reborn is a bit biased against pure Water types early on, but as the game moves forward it resembles Gen5-Gen6(nomega) in terms of competitive play, just without optimal movesets. I take that also into account, albeit a little less, since things constantly change. We used to get Mudkip somewhat early, and now it's a late-game pokemon. 

In my opinion, as for the tanky Grass OU (gen6) types, the list goes this way: Chesnaught > Tangrowth > Ferrothorn > Cradily > Venusaur > Torterra >> Meganium

In terms of nice design, the list for the grass fella's is more like this: Serperior > Decidueye ~ Chesnaught > Venusaur > Sceptile > Meganium > Torterra 

Squirtle deserves to survive another day. #saveSquirrelTurtle

• Veterans

Squirtle: 3

Cyndaquil: 26

Torchic: 5

Lesgo mouse.

@Thiazzi @Jess *sigh* You're good people, you know that?

That Squirtle comeback tho!

33 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

In my opinion, as for the tanky Grass OU (gen6) types, the list goes this way: Chesnaught > Tangrowth > Ferrothorn > Cradily > Venusaur > Torterra >> Meganium

Ummm.... not to be that guy, but... I kinda disagree with that.

(Not including Mega Veusaur) I'd say Tangrowth > Ferrothorn >>>  Cradily > Chesnaught > Venusaur > Torterra > Meganium

I mean, sure, Chesnaught has good defenses, but I just haven't seen one that does anything other than put up spikes. While Cradily is good for putting up Stealth Rocks and stalling with toxic. And both Tangrowth and Ferrothorn are very powerful walls in their own right. Factoring in Mega Venusaur, I'd probably put it in a tie with Tangrowth.

Edited by Dragoknight

2 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

@Thiazzi @Jess *sigh* You're good people, you know that?

That Squirtle comeback tho!

Ummm.... not to be that guy, but... I kinda disagree with that.

(Not including Mega Veusaur) I'd say Tangrowth > Ferrothorn >>>  Cradily > Chesnaught > Venusaur > Torterra > Meganium

I mean, sure, Chesnaught has good defenses, but I just haven't seen one that does anything other than put up spikes. While Cradily is good for putting up Stealth Rocks and walling with toxic. And both Tangrowth and Ferrothorn are very powerful walls in their own right. Factoring in Mega Venusaur, I'd probably put it in a tie with Tangrowth.

you made a little typo there. "Walling with toxic"? that translates to "Toxic Stall"

2 hours ago, Thundermaze said:

Bulbasaur is my fav starter by far,by a great far, but i will try to avenge fairy ~

Don't punish poor bulbasaur!! either way i was too late to participate in the fairy killing even though i can't deny i wouldn't have helped with it if i was there.(i don't dislike fairy mons themselves as much as i feel that the type needs some common weakness added or it's immunity reduced to resistance to be balanced, preferably the former because immunity adds a cool strategic layer)

@Dragoknight I'd say Venusaur(non mega) shouldn't be even on that list(even though it's still better as  tank than those you put below it) because honestly it's best role is a sun sweeper which it performs pretty well in UU and RU from my experiance, Basically nobody plays regular venusaur as a tank since gen 4. Other than that i 100% agree, chestnaught typing and moveset hold it back compared to the others on that list.

Just now, HAWmaro said:

Don't punish poor bulbasaur!! either way i was too late to participate in the fairy killing even though i can't deny i wouldn't have helped with it if i was there.(i don't dislike fairy mons themselves as much as i feel that the type needs some common weakness added or it's immunity reduced to resistance to be balanced, preferably the former because immunity adds a cool strategic layer)

I agree that fairy is a little overpowered,but no matter i like the type,not my favorite,but my favorite pokemon is a fairy type(lol)~

But fairy does not deserve the hate upon it,hate the dragons,not the pixies

And don't worry i will never hurt bulbasaur,he is just too handsome ~

Infact I want him to win,but i want to Popplio to make it to the top 3~

2 minutes ago, HAWmaro said:

had the immunity been a resistance it wouldn't have made big enough an impact on Dragons. what I will say this (I think @NickCrash came with this suggestion) that the resistance to bug should have been neutral. However, I'm on the fence about that one because would that be the case fairy would have literaly 0 ways of beating the Red Menace

I agree without that immunity nothing would stop dragon dancing lizards but my point was that fairy might need a tiny little nerf on the defensive side, which one it is, am not sure. i thought about a weakness to fire but that seems a bit too harsh since it's kinda too common.

I mean, fairy generally get's hit neutrally by a lot of things and resists not too many things (like, had it not been immune to dragon it would probably be a terrible type by itself). Maybe a weakness to ghost and psychic resisting it (psychic resist, again, coming from @NickCrash)