Hurt and Heal: Starter Pokemon Lines (Winner: Piplup with 18(!) points)

Jess

By the way, Vileplume is a rafflesia arnoldii too, so Venusaur's design isn't that unique. It's amazing, but not unique.

Edit: Pasting the updated standings, since page changed and we buried it again...

Bulbasaur: 25

Charmander: 12

Squirtle: 12

Cyndaquil: 23

Totodile: 20

Treecko: 18

Torchic: 15

Mudkip: 26

Turtwig: 21

Chimchar: 20

Piplup: 20

Snivy: 19

Tepig: 16

Oshawott: 18

Chespin: 18

Fennekin: 19

Froakie: 20

Rowlet: 20

Litten: 18

Popplio: 16

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Veterans

Charmander: 13

Cyndaquil: 23

Tepig: 14

Popplio: 16

Poor Charmander, the heck happened :(

15 minutes ago, Jess said:

Vileplume is a rafflesia arnoldii too

So quotes work now. Whateves. Also Wooper and Mudkip are both based largely on axolotl but that doesn't make it any less awesome. Point is Vileplume and Venusaur are largely different designs based on the Corpse Flower and Venusaur is still amazing.  

venusaur2.jpg.e42b468f3becc97937caa8e2ce08bd3e.jpg

EDIT: Missed the fact that you only called it not "unique." But technically it was the first to do so.....

Edited by Dragoknight

5 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

So quotes work now. Whateves. Also Wooper and Mudkip are both based largely on axolotl but that doesn't make it any less awesome. Point is Vileplume and Venusaur are largely different designs based on the Corpse Flower and Venusaur is still amazing.  

venusaur2.jpg.e42b468f3becc97937caa8e2ce08bd3e.jpg

I don't get the comparison. Wooper and Quagsire rock, for the same reason Bibarel rocks. Derpy faces are so cute!

Also, Vileplume is awesome. It has never let me down!

if we're speaking about unique, mind if I touch on the unique Wolf Pokémon (that did get 3 forms to compensate) that took 7 gens to arrive? Seriously, what's so hard about making a Wolf based monster?

Cyndaquil: 21

Tepig: 14

Popplio: 17

Yeah, half the people here will kick my ass for this, but the decision is mine.

@Jess Oh, I didn't mean to put either Vileplume or Wooper/Quagsire down. Those two are my favourite derpy 'mon (and Vileplume's cool too). Let us put this behind us and rejoice in the fact that Venusaur rocks.

@Wolfox Funny you mention that. I love how Lyncanroc Midnight looks. I think it's just a great design for it. Although the much better form (in my opinion), Lyncanroc Midday, looks just so uninspired. Like GameFreak put all their effort into Lyncanroc Midnight's design and just gave up on Midday.

And then you have Lyncanroc Dusk. It is literally just a recolored Lyncanroc Midday with a slightly larger mane. How could they possibly make an uninspired design even more uninspired? Who would do such a thing? Why?

Edited by Dragoknight

@Dragoknight How mistaken you are about their designs. Lycanroc Midnight is supposed to resemble a Werewolf (obviously), thus it looks less like a regular wolf. Then we get Midday, which resembles a regular wolf. That's the contrast between them. Midday is supposed to look more like a normal Puppydog, so to say "Uninspired" is not accurate. And if all those boring land fish are okay, why would a regular wolf not be? then we get Dusk, my personal favorite form. It's supposed to be a mixture of the two. a Wolf with darker fur and a bigger mane, resembling the contrast yet similarities between the Werewolf and Regular wolf. They could have done better but considering what they went for they did amazing if you ask me.

@Wolfox I suppose uninspired might of been the wrong word. Maybe "design execution"? What I'm trying to say is, well, lets compare them.

Lyncanroc Midnight: 745-m.png.5b10522bcf0c9166561eee8499af0e84.png Nice textures, check. Good coloring, check. All good. Neat werewolf like design to it.

Now look at Lyncanroc Midday: 745.png.e05542098bc786b31be5e5c8a67056eb.png It has a plethora of dull greys and browns, and it's overly jagged mane just looks kinda ugly to me. Like they just made a wolf and gave up at that.

Now finally we have Lyncanroc Dusk: 745-d.png.010fd5f35236895c7f5c3f0a53006414.png I suppose GF did make this one a bit more vibrant of a 'mon, but I just feel like for a form that was supposed to be the culmination of the two previous ones, they really dropped the ball. I mean, it looks just like Midday. If they gave it a more menacing design like Midnight I would like it, but this, I just can't. To each their own, but I'm just trying to elaborate how I feel. I do like the whole werewolf/normal wolf thing though.

5 minutes ago, HAWmaro said:

Quagsire rocks because standing in front of  quad-dragon dance Salamence with that derp face and then destroying it is the best feeling i ever had in pokemon.

Yes. So much yes. All hail Quagsire, lord of the swamp!  Quagsire.jpg.e9d5ba230fcac3e4070e96b8abbbf5ae.jpg 

36 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

It's actually light brown, not gray

*sigh* details, details, details.......................

Oh and sorry if I come off as a bit overbearing.

We talk about things not because we dislike them, but because we appreciate them for what they are and want them to improve~

So anyway, back to the Hurt n Heal peanut gallery. Who do you think will be next on the hit list?

Edited by Dragoknight

7 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

*sigh* details, details, details.......................

Oh and sorry if I come off as a bit overbearing.

We talk about things not because we dislike them, but because we appreciate them for what they are and want them to improve~

So anyway, back to the Hurt n Heal peanut gallery. Who do you think will be next on the hit list?

Kill the abomination!

photo.jpg

37 minutes ago, Dragoknight said:

Tbh i think Squirtle will be the next one eliminated. It's imo just so plain and boring, but we never know everyone have their own taste.

Imo Tepig is pretty cute (first form). But the evolutionline kinda messed it up.

What surprises me the most: Is the hate for Charmander

Oh,what the hell,I'll play !

Cyndaquil: 21

Tepig: 12

Popplio: 18

• Global Mods

Cyndaquil: 22

Treecko: 16

Tepig: 13

Chespin: 16

Popplio: 18

Squirtle: 10

Tepig: 13

Popplio: 19

I'll help with tepig later, I'll take down the (IMO) worst starter first

Squirtle: 10

Mudkip: 27

Tepig: 11

Popplio: 19

tepig? you mean tepid ahahahahaha

did this once but i'll probably go for froakie for now on. ash-gren is the worst thing in the franchise, and it's in the froakie line

4 minutes ago, Hycrox said:

tepig? you mean tepid ahahahahaha

Weirdly enough, that's why it's named like this! Tepid (warm) + pig :P 

4 minutes ago, Hycrox said:

did this once but i'll probably go for froakie for now on. ash-gren is the worst thing in the franchise, and it's in the froakie line

Can't agree more. Greninja is supposed to transform into Ash-Gren due to an extremely strong bond with its trainer (story-wise). So, if my Greninja bonds a lot with me, it won't turn into me (the respective selected main character form), but into fucking Ash Ketchum. Fuck logic.