Reborn Mafia AMA Gauntlet

Daniel Blackworth

Alright, you know what's great? Seals.

You know what's even better? Getting to know your local Seal!

Please ask our friend @Seal anything you'd like to know about him! This round of AMA will last for as long as someone feels like asking questions.

I'll start with a couple questions of my own. Hi Seal!

1. Where are you from?

2. You've been a member of our club for quite a while. How did you find it/ what drew you to it?

3. What are your hobbies?

52 minutes ago, Alistair said:

I'll start with a couple questions of my own. Hi Seal!

1. Where are you from?

2. You've been a member of our club for quite a while. How did you find it/ what drew you to it?

1. Where are you from?

I am from the Netherlands

In late 2017 I happened to see a post for a mafia game under topics on the homepage. The rules reminded me of a game called Werewolves of Millers Hollow, a game I used to play a lot so I thought why not? Dive hosted it and it was wild west themed if I remember correctly. Anyways, I had a lot of fun so since then I was hooked. Three years of practice and I still suck? Damn.

I spend most of my free time playing video games. I also play a lot of D&D and recently I've gotten into painting my own miniatures for D&D.

52 minutes ago, L'Belle said:

1. Why are seals your favourite animals?

2. What is your favourite food?

3. What is the role you always dread in a mafia game?

1. Why are seals your favourite animals?

I can go on a whole tangent on them but I'll keep it short, they're cute, funny and interesting and I can spend hours watching them,

2. What is your favourite food?

Probably definitely ribs (with BBQ sauce) to the point that I get dibs on the first piece on familiy barbecues.

3. What is the role you always dread in a mafia game?

Mafia and early cult because they're less of them which means I'm more of a burden to my team than usual.

1. Do you like ice cream? 

1a. If so what is your favorite flavor? 

1b. If not so do you have a different sweets preference or is it not your thing? 

1b corrolary X. Sweet, salty, or spicy; if you had to choose¿

2. You have a favorite type of Pokemon?

3. Any other games you are fond of?

30 minutes ago, EndearingCharacterTrait said:

1b. If not so do you have a different sweets preference or is it not your thing? 

1b corrolary X. Sweet, salty, or spicy; if you had to choose¿

Ice cream is awesome.

It's either pistachio or stracciatella, depends on my mood.

I like dark type Pokemon, they're the perfect match between intimidating and goofy. Water type is a close second though.

Aside from the Pokemon series, my favorite games are Team Fortress 2 and the Donkey Kong Country series. Other then that I go through a phase of a certain game or two that I'll play for a long time and then drop into my dragon hoard of Steam games afterwards, currently Divinity Original Sin 2 and Terraria because of the new update.

OOOoo a fellow DnD player!

1. What's your favorite class?

2. What's your favorite race?

3. Do you prefer DMing or playing?

4. Can you share with us your favorite character that you've created?

• Global Mods

Hey Seal! Gonna give a list of general questions that I can think of:

1. What's your favourite colour?

2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Your own country doesn't count. 👀

3. What's your favourite mafia role(s)?

4. Do you like anime? If so, do you have a favourite one? What about genres?

Also, I see you like D&D also! Here's some D&D related questions uwu:
1. What's your favourite class and subclass?

2. What do you think of elves?

3. Do you like spell casters or melee?

4. How long have you been playing? Do you have any photos of your miniatures? OWO If so, you don't have to upload them here.

Thanks for answering in advance, I hope these are good questions!

Oh nice to know you play dnd too Seal! 

I have some questions but i don't think they will be so interesting as were the previous ones 👀

1. How often were/are you lucky with rolls in dnd? 

2. Do a top 3 of the games you liked the most

3. Do you prefer to be: town, mafia or third party? 

4. What's your favorite pokemon? If you can't choose you can do a top 3! 

5. Are you introvert or extrovert? You can skip this question if you want owo

13 hours ago, Newt said:

OOOoo a fellow DnD player!

Good ol' wizard probably, although I don't like how WOTC worships wizard like a deity compared to other classes.

I don't really know. Any race can be a blast if I dig my character. If I had to choose I'd probably say dwarves.

I like playing more but I like DMing as well but only if I can be a player from time to time.

My favorite character is a kenku eldritch knight sailor named Anchorix Tideseeker. He got accidentaly adopted/abducted as an egg by a human that lived on a port island so that guy was stuck raising him. Eventually he started hunting sea monsters but then he got his fore arm ripped off. So to fill the gap he stuck a cannon on it (which he casts spells from, purely decorative and adds nothing except for me handicapping my character) and tied a longsword to it like a bayonette. Yes that's fucking ridiculous but I love it. He was blunt, simple, cocky and greedy but cared about others. His rolls, subclass and stats were all garbage but eventually we killed our first enemy with tons of loot including a Belt of Hill Giant Strenght which bumped his Strenght up to 21, plate armor and a +1 shield which caused his ac to become 21 which is way too much for a level 4 character, especially one that has access to the Shield spell which adds another 5 to it when used as a reaction. Eventually our party came across an orphan baby owlbear which my character adopted. We named him Wojtek (after that one bear they had in the Polish army). One time our party needed to clear out a barn that was infested with goblins. We killed all but one and we thought "maybe we can kill him in a funny way". We decided that my character would throw him into the air and the Warlock would Eldritch Blast them mid-air. Meanwhile this goblin is biting and scratching, fighting tooth and nail for his life, while a group of idiots decide to kill him in a stupid way. The Warlock missed so I had to pick him up and throw him again, the Warlock misses again but now the goblin falls on his head and dies. I'm very fond of those memories if the rambling didn't make that apparent. I'll stop before I write the whole campaign down.

Haha tidseeker

Anyway 

Any Mafia games that left the most memorable impression? 

Who do you think are the best players in Mafia and would you kill them if given the chance? 

13 hours ago, cicada said:

Hey Seal! Gonna give a list of general questions that I can think of:

1. What's your favourite colour?

2. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? Your own country doesn't count. 👀

3. What's your favourite mafia role(s)?

4. Do you like anime? If so, do you have a favourite one? What about genres?

Also, I see you like D&D also! Here's some D&D related questions uwu:
1. What's your favourite class and subclass?

2. What do you think of elves?

3. Do you like spell casters or melee?

4. How long have you been playing? Do you have any photos of your miniatures? OWO If so, you don't have to upload them here.

Thanks for answering in advance, I hope these are good questions!

1. What's favorite colour?

Orange I'll change the text to orange when I get back on my pc.

Probably Java, it has beautifull nature and architecture. I could also easily communicate because I believe they speak Dutch as well.

3. What's your favorite mafia role(s)?

Jailor probably, because you can have pleasant conversations at night.

4. Do you like anime? If so do you have a favorite one? What about genres?

I don't really watch anime. However I have watched some as a kid, so my favorite is Hamtaro I guess.

1. What's your favorite class and subclass?

My favorite class is Wizard and my favorite subclass is Bladesinger. School of Necromancy is a close second but I can just take Bladesinger with Necromancy spells.

2. What do you think about elves?

I think they're kinda boring to be honest, I know I said I like Bladesinger but my DM lifted the race restriction for me.

3. Do you like spellcasters or melee?

I think they're equally as cool. Almost all my characters are both.

My first session was on the first of february 2019 and I've been playing ever since. I'll upload some in the Discord as soon as I have access to a natural light source.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LykosHand said:

Oh nice to know you play dnd too Seal! 

I have some questions but i don't think they will be so interesting as were the previous ones 👀

3. Do you prefer to be: town, mafia or third party? 

Almost never, my rolls are awful.

I assume you mean mafia games, here they are in no particular order. I liked Dive's last FE game because I had a big part in it and I had a lot of fun. Drakyle hosted a halloween themed one a few years ago, that was also very fun. I don't remember who did this one but a few years ago there was an evolution based one where you awnsered a question each night and based on the awnser you evolved into a different species and gain a new ability.

3. Do you prefer to be: town, mafia or third party?

In general I think I like town the most, but honestly I have no idea.

I know who to choose but I'm gonna make a top 3 anyway because why not. My favorite is Honchkrow, my second favorite is Haxorus and my third favorite is Gyarados.

I'm definetly introverted. Hence why I don't talk that much, in games or on Discord.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GenEric said:

Haha tidseeker

Anyway 

Any Mafia games that left the most memorable impression? 

Who do you think are the best players in Mafia and would you kill them if given the chance? 

1. Any Mafia games that left the most memorable impression?

That evolution one I mentioned earlier was really creative and well thought out. I'm going to look for it and read it back tomorrow.

2. Who do you think are the best players in Mafia and would you kill them if given the chance?

The ones that have been here the longest always seem the most intimidating to me, but I don't like killing the best players early because I get the feeling that happens a lot to them.

A fellow tf2 connoisseur 

1. What is your favorite and least favorite class

2. What is your best and worst class

3. What is your favorite and least favorite weapon or build

4. What is your favorite and least favorite game mode and why

5. What is your favorite and least favorite memory of playing tf2

47 minutes ago, Nano4 said:

A fellow tf2 connoisseur 

3. What is your favorite and least favorite weapon or build

4. What is your favorite and least favorite game mode and why

My favorite class is Heavy because haha minigun go brrrrrr. My least favorite class is Sniper but I don't dislike him.

My best class is also Heavy and my worst is either Spy or Sniper.

3. What is your favorie and least favorite weapon or build

My favorite is probably the Brass Beast with the Second Banana and the Fists of Steel. It works pretty well if your team doesn't have a Medic. My least favorite build is pretty hard but if I had to choose I'd say Blutsauger with the Vaccinator and the stock Bonesaw because I hate using the Vaccinator and the Blutsauger while the stock Bonesaw is just kind of useless compared to other Bonesaws.

4. What is your favorite and least favorite game mode and why

Payload is my favorite, no particular reason I just enjoy it. I hate capture the flag except for when the server has 5 Engineers on each team defending the flag while the rest just has a free for all.

My favorite memory is when the Boxtrot taunt just came out. My friends and me all had it, we used it for all kinds of dumb stuff like hiding in plain sight while blocking an objective. My least favorite memory is probably when I was one kill away from being godlike and I got hit by a crit rocket from across the map.

1 hour ago, Amine said:

no one asked these so i will 👀

1- Whats your real name? (you can skip if you want to)

2- How old are you?

3- did you graduate/finish your studies?

1. Whats your real name? (you can skip if you want to)

My first name is Levi but I won't share my last name, sorry.

2. How old are you?

I am 17 years old.

3. did you graduate/finish your studies?

I graduated from high school last wednesday. This year I'm taking an online course for 2 subjects I may need in the future. I'm also looking for another job this year to get enough money for my driving lisence and I'm going to look for another place to study because I didn't really have the chance to do that this year due to the lockdown.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:32 PM, Seal said:

1. Whats your real name? (you can skip if you want to)

My first name is Levi but I won't share my last name, sorry.

2. How old are you?

I am 17 years old.

3. did you graduate/finish your studies?

I graduated from high school last wednesday. This year I'm taking an online course for 2 subjects I may need in the future. I'm also looking for another job this year to get enough money for my driving lisence and I'm going to look for another place to study because I didn't really have the chance to do that this year due to the lockdown.

Levi is a really neat name, ah im sorry i was only asking for your first name, i shouldve specified :sadbread:

NANII, youre much younger than i thought, i honestly thought youre in your 20s

yes good, acquiring different skills and studying extra courses is always handy, good luck in your endeavors!!

• Thanks 1