[IC] Trespassers:DC Hunt: "Hexen: Welcome to Hell"

StormLord

"Part of my job, but. . . yeah, I've got to agree." Harry muttered. He'd made a point of taking only small samples, had made only small precise incisions on the chaos snake. And then there were the people who'd chopped up a dragon with a sword, and then flayed it. "I. . . seems social pressure or greed or something's stronger than you'd think. Probably best we go before someone decides that carving a chaos serpent open with a plasma sword is a good idea, and gets acid vapor everywhere.

"I... maybe, but... some of you practically had your arms inside dead flesh and blood. For the armor, anyway, I would have simply recommended using the scales if you had to use anything from the wyvern, but outright butchering it seems to be..." Given the response to Rokugani social standards earlier, Satomi did not want to specifically reference them, but still, she felt she had to object. "...the descent of a ravenous horde more than the actions of a warrior. Do... we really need all of the things you are stripping from these beings' corpses...?" Ugh, they'd just been digging around in these things with their hands. Satomi shuddered.

Lucille simply rolled her eyes at the objections she overheard, as she sighed. She really, REALLY did not want to fucking here a bunch of criticism from the squeamish peanut gallery "Some of the materials we've carved out here could help save lives later down the line, with enough ingenuity and care. The horns of the serpents are immune to corrosive effects, as are literally every other part of their biology, the dragon parts can prove more than useful in the upgrading of equipment and has many potential uses even besides it, etcetera, etcetera... though even I must admit, I do not condone how... carelessly some of us chose to go about the autopsies and extractions, considering you don't go to town while carving a deer, unless you want to ruin everything"

She leveled a cold glare in Jun's general direction with that comment... oh yes, her beasts had seen the armored figure losing every ounce of her shit on that death wyvern carcass, and she had almost mistaken her for having gone mad...

"But look, that's besides the point here," she continued, "This world is nothing by a fuming wreck of it's former self, thanks to Kraxos and the things we just fought... but that doesn't mean we should just leave here without at least trying to help these men. I have an idea, it might not solve all their problems, but it might help buy them more time than what they already have- I need someone who can manipulate plant growth, and someone who can amplify effects beyond what's normally possible; I could accomplish both of those on my own, but remembering the required frequencies and runes will take more time than we have... considering those things will be back eventually."

In response, Lucille took out her staff, spoke the trigger to grow it to it's full length, and tossed it to Soma

"See what you can do with that. It amplifies the range and power of what I do, but I doubt it's going to be enough to facitlitate what I have in mind, as it is. As for what I have in mind- that spell I cast during the battle, the sanctuary I told you all to fall back if you were too injured to keep going? I'm going to make a permanent enchantment of it over this landscape, anchored on one of these trees, since the stones seem to house vile things, and everything else is a ruin... but I'd prefer if the thing was alive so that it won't just topple over the minute some disgustingly hot gust blows on it. If it works, these 3 and any others they find will have a permanent place to fall back to"

Nodding, Soma catches the tool, and with her sword, digs a deepish small hole and sticks the staff in it, before growing it.

It begins to swell and lengthen, until it stands tall and proud, several tens of meters into the air.  It thrums with untapped power.

The entire process of growth takes about 6 Seconds.

"Simple enough."  She says with confidence.

"Maybe you can use this?"  She says with confidence, summoning up a golden fire that Lucile can practically hear the sacred crackle from.

Lilly nods. "On it. we'll make sure its more full of life then ever!"

The relay of information between her and ador was quick, and before you know it...

Lilly and ador were one, and few over to a nearby hellbark tree. laying there hands on it as they gathered there power...casting the spell and breathing new life into the old tree.

Spoiler

The tree grows slowly, but it does eventually return to life and grow leaves(thick, smooth, maroon in color, and shaped like a oak tree's leaves) and bloom with ash-white flowers.

They watch as color returns to it and beautiful flowers bloom, and leaves grow from its branches. 

Anyone with a working sense of, or approximation of, sight would note that a woman has formed behind Arminius. She has a corpse-like, blue complexion. However, that's among the less notable things about her, seeing as her arms start to turn to reptilian wings at the elbows. Nested in her pure white hair is a pair of ebony horns, with ear fins in a similar coloration. All her other scaled parts are similarly colored, such as the moderately long tail at the small of her back and the taloned feet. Her important bits are covered by something resembling wyvern themed clothes. She just kind of stands over Arminius, looking creepy. Mostly because she isn't breathing or otherwise moving.

As soon as the preparations were finished, Lucille went to work. She did not even bother with physically drawing the sigil at this point. Instead, she simply closed her eyes and began to chant each and every verbal equivalent of it's many components, slowly but surely building up in both speed and intensity, mind and lips both eventually flying at inhuman speeds- and as she spoke, the massive totem that was once a mere staff flared to life with countless runes, it's crystal flaring to life like a miniature sun. Vibrations rocked the air and soil alike, revereberating through the bodies of all those who were present, so powerful that gusts of luminous wind blew in from seemingly nowhere, growing in strength by the moment. 

Winds eminating from one of the circles within the sigil Lucille had conjured, burning with the same soft white light of the sanctuary she'd conjured in battle. She signalled for Soma to add the fire to the circle, and the moment it was in, she stopped chanting, sweat on her brow, breaths heavy...

But it was the only break she allowed herself, before she sucked in a massive breath, ignoring the nausea the air of this realm brought, ignoring the growing pain in her skull, the wet warmth in her nose, the painful gallop of her heart. She was pushing too far, she knew it, even passively probing for the knowledge she needed was enough to trigger their safeguards. But she did not stop, could not stop, for something in her refused to give in, to be pacified, as it violently rebelled against the obstacle preventing it's absolute success here.

Spoiler

She pushed, harder, farther, bringing back the memory of Avada solely to remind her of the last time she had been too afraid and too selfish to suffer to help another, and the minute she did, the gates of hell were thrown wide, as the sea of nigh infinite knowledge poured forth. She screamed and clutched her head, crumbling to her knees, ever so briefly, an ugly, desperate cry, the last keel of a dying animal...

And then before the cry could even fully escape, it ceased. She lowered her hands, and rose back to her feet.

Gone was the slip of a blind girl, haggard with obvious fatigue from the battle and her work here. Gone was the mere child who played at creation, created such trivial things as dragons out of modelling kits, or modified cats to have bones and muscles as strong as iron. Gone was the girl who'd fumbled with mysterious stones, constantly thrawrted in her attempts to so much as learn more about them.

Gone was Lucille. In her place was something beyond the mere bounds of a mortal, in her place was an amalgamation of knowledge of all creation and destruction, of all that could be, was once, and would one day become again. Her posture straightened almost immediately, her eyes ablaze with shining force that seemed to peel away the shell of mortal flesh to peer at the essence underneath, pulsing with such divine providence they could likely reduce a common man to naught but cinders, should he dare gaze upon them for too long. 

And one would be forgiven for assuming that is precisely what happened, as this being wearing lucille's body as a meat suit opened her mouth, and with her tongue uttered a single word that tore at the eardrums of the unworthy, causing no end of pain as it shook the very earth itself with it's authority. And she followed it with another vibration, and another, and like that, the glow of her sigil became one which surpassed that of a thousand splendid suns, and the party, the trees, the men they'd aided, the very landscape itself, were lost in a massive burst of searingly bright light. Light that blinded, light that shunned the eyes of mortals, but did destroy...

Light that purged, light that purified. 

Light that revived.

Spoiler

(Int=39) (13vs1, 14vs5) (58%Q) (17: blinding effect)

Lucille summons her full might, makes all the calculations with mechanical percision, and forces a nigh god-like amount of power into this fusion.  As it finishes the ritual emmits a massive flash of light that blinds nearly everyone there for several seconds(exept Lucille, obviously).

Then the smoke cleared fully for the first time since they got here, and standing there in the field was a massive tree, its leaves bright white on one side and a rich blue on the other, its trunk large enough that it would take three men to meet hands around it, its bark a beautiful silver with trace lines of blue, the whole tree put out an aura of calm, cool, and quiet.  Everyone standing nearby immediately felt any wounds they might've had sealing closed and healing on the spot.
One of the tree's branches hung low to the ground, and on it a single sliver flower opened, revealing a fruit with ash-white skin, it looked somewhat like an apple or pear.

The group has successfuly created one "Silverwood tree", it will repell all evil and corruption, it heals and provide shelter to good who stand near it, and is nigh immortal.

They optain a "Silverwood apple" for their trouble.

This light of divine providence lasted but a few seconds, but to those forced to bear witness, mere seconds felt like eternity. 

But eventually, it's mangificent radiance died... and when it did, what greeted the eyes of those assembled was a tree, a world tree.... a tree of hope, glitering with pure white and blue, silver bark shining like the sun, trunk massive and impossing as it's canopy stretched up to the forsaken heavens of this world, as to mock the gods who had so cruelly abandoned Parias and his fellow man in their hour of need...

For mockery was what this being wearing Lucille had fully intended. And it showed, as a shit eating grin split it's face, mouth emanating the same light as it's eyes, as it chuckled... and turned its head towards Parias and the other three

"YOU SAID YOUR GODS ABANDONED YOU. YOU ARE IN LUCK THEN, TO HAVE STUMBLED UPON THE MAKINGS OF ANOTHER ONE...FRET NOT, FROM THIS TREE SHALL SPOUT THE HOPE OF A NEW WORLD. SO LONG AS IT STANDS ETERNAL, AND THERE ARE MEN LIKE YOU WILLING TO LIKEWISE STAND AGAINST KRAXOS, THE LIGHT OF HOPE SHALL NEVER AGAIN DIE FROM THIS WORLD"

With that message delivered, the being that had taken the girls place, composed of the knowledge of all the ages, took it's leave. Lucille collapsed the ground nigh instantly, skin bearing the sickly parlor of death, nose bloodied, scleras crimson from the broken vessels. The world faded in and out, every shred of her body racked with pain the likes of which, not even the furious heat of a million brilliant stars could rival- it was as if...as if she were being unraveled down to at cellular level.

But yet, even now, the pain was fading. The aura of calm and peace washed over her, as her panicking thoughts turned less towards her own likely impending death, her many regrets and the mounting sensation of being torn apart by the very safeguards the Mavens had left to prevent the knowledge she carried being stolen and abused by others... and towards the realization of just what she had done.

She had outright defied them. She had taken the reigns of god into her own hands, and helped to right the course of an entire world's fate, or at the very least, created the potential for it. 

...For just a brief few moments... she had tasted the power of GOD itself. And it had been simultaneously magnificent, terrifying, and mesmerizing... she had acheived what Thaumist back home could not only dream of... she had thrown wide the gates to oblivion, stared into the abyss, and held the gaze of it as it stared back. And she had lived to talk about it...

She stirred, on the ground. And soon enough, she pushed herself up into a sitting position. Gone was the blood trickling out her nose at a steady rate, the parlor of death, and the crimson tainted white of her eyes... all thanks to the tree. She rose to her feet, approached a low hanging branch, and plucked from it the fruit that hung there... 

"We... did it..." she whispered... before once more, she began to chuckle "I... we... we actually DID IT! IT WORKED! HAHAHAHAHA, TO HELL WITH THEIR LIMITS, IT WORKED! THAT FUCKER KRAXOS WILL HAVE HIS DAY OF RECKONING! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Satomi winced and barely resisted clapping her hands to her ears when the first wave of side effects from Lucille's, pain wracking her body as whatever Lucille was doing struck her like that attack to her soul had earlier. What in Jigoku was she doing?! Squinting, Satomi turned to see what Lucille was doing, and really that didn't make things better, because apparently she was turning into a god of some sort, and hitting her with blinding light... as it cleared, Satomi could hear Lucille cackling and shouting in triumph, and though the worst of the effects of whatever Lucille had just done were gone, Satomi's vision was still fairly blurred and she just spent a little bit squinting and looking down.

As Soma feels the energy wash over her, she takes no small comfort in her aches and pains being washed away.  Especially the ones caused literally just now by Lucile's work.

"Wow."

She holds out an open palm, and nearly unbidden, her power extrapolates the energy, resulting in a small seed that, from there, resists future extrapolation.

Union seems unaffected by the reality bending words, probably something to do with there magic and the many times they have had there mind deconstructed and rebuilt over the years. Though they do Look away and covers there eyes as there blinded by the immense light. They can feel the energy in the air, there heart is racing. The thrum of power in there bones as Lucille unleashes so much energy into the area, is amazing. When the light fades and the smoke clears they look back, stunned at the tree. before giving a leap and taking flight, arms high in a cheer. "HA! THIS WILL SHOW THEM" They circle the tree, feeling its energy, and brushing a hand against its branches. "Cant you Feel that power? This is great! We want one!"

They look down at there hands, noting there still bloody from when the skinned the wyvern. And actually still a little stained from the Deer they had taken prior. huh. they could really use a bath. This of course did not slow them down. Now running on a rush of adrenaline and excitement.

"What do you think guys!? We could take some seeds and plant these everywhere! maybe even take one to every world we visit! and we'll make it grow, and everyone can use it, it'll be great!" They do a little flip.

The three men simply stand in awe watching the ordeal.

By the time it's finished and Lucille grabs the apple Baratus is left slack-jawed, Daedolon stares forward with an unfeeling expression(to be fair he'd looked like that since you got here), and Parias was the first to speak.

"I...I don't even know what to say.  You've worked a miracle, I wish there was more we could give to repay you."
He stopped and looked around some.

"When this is over, if we manage to defeat Korax, we may be able to come visit your worlds and help with your plights."

"While I will be eternally grateful for this, Daedolon is right, I should help you on your way before Korax sends more minions."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the completion of any last minute requests(including Soma getting her Gravestone), the group gathers up their spoils and Parias walks over to the stone arch, says several incantations, and a red spiral portal opens up that leads back to the bus.

The following items have been added to the communal inventory:

3 Mystic Urn fragments,

12 Burning Gravestone fragments,

2 Burning Gravestones,

1 DeathWyvern tooth,

3 DeathWyvern scales,

2 DeathWyvern bones,

1 Arcs of Death,

4 Crystal Vial: Restore 1d6+4 HP to one target when used, single use,

2 Quartz Flask: Restore 2d6+8 HP to one target when used, single use.

This concludes Hexen: Welcome to Hell,  I hope you had fun, see you next, seriously now go away.

• Upvote 1