Fire Emblem on the Forums: Deceitful Turnabout [IC]

Aurorix

OhWhgDc.png

"Oh but of course. After my watch of course. Sleep does a body good after all!" Chance mused chipper as ever. She was enjoying the headpats as she felt a strange sense that someone was cooking some vile abomnation that could barely be called food nearby. Her Maidy Senses were rarely wrong, so it probably was occuring but... headpats were more important. lt was nice they didn't just force her to do the cooking though.

Chance figured she'd get roped into it... given the quite obviously a Maid thing. lt waspart of aMaid's duty to do the cooking and about everything elseimportant in a household. Maybe they assumed she wasn't good at cooking when she didn't have the proper equipment, or perahps they just kinda forgot she existed given most of them still hadn't even bothered to introduce themselves. However, Chance didn't really care. Headpats...they were all that mattered.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mcZcp1A.png

"It's. . . I just tried, like you said, you don't have to yell at me." Viola sniffled, trying and failing to fight back tears at Zentilin's shouting. Vivienne's reaction didn't do much to boost her spirits, either; good performance as it was, it wasn't really fooling her. Declaring a vegan diet, and that she couldn't eat anything Viola cooked? "Don't make fun of me," she said disconsolately to Tekeshi, looking down at the ground.

axl1oMN.png

"Shit... Great going genius..." It seems Zentilin's quick tempter with with the knee jerk reaction caused him to make Viola cry. Wouldn't be the first time he's made girls cry like this and he had hoped it would never happen again. Then he just stared at Tekeshi who could actually handle eating her food. How, he knows not.

p7BvGQe.png

"Ahem, well, excuse that outburst. I'm really quite sorry, but, uhhhhh, I don't think I'll be having seconds." He spoke awkwardly and more than a bit guilt ridden.

She just seemed to be enjoying this whole situation, so Doran supposed he should leave her as she was, even if it was a bit unexpected. He continued to gently stroke her hair since she hadn't objected. 

FQz6uvl.png

"So tell me more about yourself, Chance. What had you working in that place anyways?"

OhWhgDc.png

"Well, it wasn't exactly a choice persay. Similar to the rest of you l'd imagine, they swept me up while l was minding my own business. l was alone, and caught off guard so there wasn't much hope at that point." she went quiet for a moment, enjoying the stroking of her hair. "Perhaps they figured a Maid was an easy enough target. Didn't really notice them in time cause they approached from the side my eye is missing. Pretty smart move on their part, though don't really want to compliment my captors cause that's kinda weird l think...? l'm not really into that kind of thing anyway."

Chance realized she hadn't still really answered the question, jumping slightly at the revelation. lt was a small one but, due to how she was up against Doran at the given moment he was sure to have felt the movement. "As to why they needed a Maid... l'm unsure. l think that Lord was just a bit too spoilt to not have one. But, l was trained to do maid work and so l did. They didn't really pay me for my services at least... in money or somehing of the sort but they paid me in treating me somewhat more like a human being. That's where alot of the similarites to your plight end. l was never in any cages or... even restrained really. l was allowed to walk about the grounds and do as l saw fit so long as l didn't try and leave. Due to the service l was performing it wasn't possible from them to treat me like a tool an object to perform labor. l was cooking, cleaning and taking care of those sorts of tasks. l had to be in good health and there was only one of me so they couldn't afford my decline. So in a way l was blessed. Not that.. l wanted to be there or anything... clearly. l'm here and all. But l wasn't subjected to that which you were. l tried to sneak food to the prisoners sometimes, but l couldn't reveal myself to them. l think some of them came up with a story that an angel was watching over them... Though l don't think l'm much of an angel."

Viola wiped at her eyes with her sleeve, still sniffling a bit. 

8CEOjCs.png

"It's okay, I already said I wasn't a very good cook. . . Tekeshi, you don't have to keep forcing that down just to make me feel better." Hadn't he already endured enough punishment?

bF7MQmNoemAJNGoiyz3MQWYI8G5n6uF9tgLyC15CbrBUnlFrDw_s4HGRIT1dYo_VR_QqF3qH3HQaSUJ00Kg_tOttrZ7Wv_khXEGq4LAu8g6cFKOQsbiZOhx6j8_YzrhZc-kCshSu

"Well, despite the look of the food, I personally think you're a great cook" Tekeshi stated as he continued to dig in, "Besides, I don't see how you can force something down when you actually like it. By the way, think you can make another dish for me? I... Doubt the others would want it, from what we've seen."

bF7MQmNoemAJNGoiyz3MQWYI8G5n6uF9tgLyC15CbrBUnlFrDw_s4HGRIT1dYo_VR_QqF3qH3HQaSUJ00Kg_tOttrZ7Wv_khXEGq4LAu8g6cFKOQsbiZOhx6j8_YzrhZc-kCshSu

"Yeah, I mean it. Might want to work with the look at least, but the taste, to me, is fine" Tekeshi stated. Then, with a small shrug, Tekeshi borught up one of his hands, "I hereby promise that I am that I am requesting more food because I actually like it, and not for the simple act of making you feel better" he promised. Granted, making her feel better WAS part of the reason he was doing it, but it was mostly a nice side benefit.

zRr59t4.png

"Alright, I'll do it then!" She still wasn't honestly sure why he liked it; Zentilin was far from the first one to hate her cooking, though most people had been rather less vehement about it. Still, she was happy that someone seemed to feel the other way about it.

• 3 weeks later...

hEdCWMC.png

Zentilin couldn't decided whether to be impressed or concerned with Tekeshi, but as long as it makes both of them happy he won't judge the guy on his tastes. Okay maybe he will but he won't say it.  "Well, at least this food won't go to waste." The boy chuckled. He stayed silent for a moment before letting out a sigh. He was going to have to do this eventually so he may as well get it done now.

p7BvGQe.png

"Can I get everyone's attention for a second real quick." Zentilin spoke standing up,  "This is about the relative future. Now there is nothing really stopping you from leaving right now and forget this all ever happened."

axl1oMN.png

"Well, that's what I would like to say but you will likely be tracked down once more or silenced. I would love to say you all will no longer be in danger if you left I would be lying. They would probably stake out your homes and track your movements."

p7BvGQe.png

"However, what I want to do is stop them. More so I want to free the rest of the folks trapped working on the weapon, but I can't do that alone. And, if I'm being perfectly honest, I don't think a small group like us could storm up to castle and demand the King to stop. Thus, I want to travel and ask someone who has the forces to help, more specifically Thoudal. Yes, that means starting war between the two countries not unlike the Emblem Wars but our hands are tied. However, I'd sooner start a war rather than ignore the people suffering in there and let one man control a weapon of such power." His voice started getting very shaky at this point.

axl1oMN.png

"So, I'm asking all of you to help me with this. I-I know I'm asking for a lot, I mean I'm trying to spark a war for gods sake. I know it's drastic but I've tried all else I could. This is the only thing left that I can think to do. So, please, I ask once more to please help me try and save those trapped in there."

FQz6uvl.png

"They could try and stake out my home. Wouldn't do them much good if they managed to find it. I don't exactly have anything to go back to."

He flexed his gloved hand, glancing down at it with a frown.

"Still, I can't ignore what they're doing here. I'm in."

For the most part, Tekeshi silently listened to Zentilin's speech, slowly placing his spoon down.

"The second I decided to step out of that cell and break out of prison was when I already made my decision for all this" Tekeshi stated afterwards, right before closing his eyes and sighing, "I never thought I'd become involved with starting a war, or dealing with a guy who was building a giant weapon, but I can't ignore it, even if I want to. For what it's worth, my sword is yours until all this is over."

• 2 weeks later...

8CEOjCs.png

"I don't know. . ." She really just wanted to go home. His warning about her being tracked home sounded right, but she was sure her father could handle it. She hadn't asked for any of this; Viola had aspirations, of studying and eventually becoming one of the Sages, and it didn't seem like getting embroiled in international politics and messing with weird dark rituals was very conducive to getting back home in one piece. 

CUTE_HAT.png

"Hmm..." Vivi scratched the bottom of her chin until spreading her arms out to the skies, eyes glittering. "Yes! Marvellous! Oh the heavens are kind, for they have given me my muse! Yes, all of you! This is my duty in life, to recount the brave adventures of Mossman and the Bold Bunch. Maybe Mossman and the Gleeful Group? Title pending. However! You can count I, the Masterful Vivi, as your ever loyal and excited artist. I shall record every detail of our adventures in my memory, and from it will sprout songs, plays, performances, books, puppet shows, stand up comedy routines, cave paintings, firework shows, and of course: magic shows! Oh I simply cannot wait!" 

• 2 weeks later...

OhWhgDc.png
"Oh, well, Doran's going. Therefore l'm already decided. Besides, what's a little adventure? lt's a bit romantic when you think about it. l'll do my best as a maid.~ You all will have to work hard to protect me though." Chance said, holding her feathduster to her chest looking off into the distance wistfully. She really had nothing to go back to in all honesty. There was no home, nothing. She'd just be on her own once more, wandering about aimlessly. This was at least something.

"However, you all need to stop being so rude and introduce yourselves! l would think l should know the names of the people that are to be my companions in this long journey already. There's no need to be shy! lt's just little ol' Chance who's asking. Just a sweet adorable maiden that smile beams as bright as the sun!"

• 3 weeks later...

"W-well I was just a simple farmer before being tossed into that place. By now all my crops have probably wilted or eaten up by rodents. It may not be the end of me farming life, but I also don't want to keep me pitchfork by me bed every night. So count me in if I can protect not just me self but me loved ones. I may not be good in a fight but I can keep everything organized. Plus we have this ol' cart here, should be more than enough to store supplies. Though we may be in need of a horse, unless we all wanna take shifts lugging the thing around." Oliver chimed in before continuing to eat his loaf of bread off in his own corner. The other prisoner they saved, Kiran then followed up

"Yea, I wasn't more than a mere shop owner myself. Besides, I'm not going to live under a man who is just going to take me from my house and force me to work on some giant ass weapon. Also lets be honest, he obviously using it to compensate for something."

iHKcc8F.png

After hearing everyone's words it brought him some sort of solace. He didn't expect any of them to follow him but to his surprise most of them decided to join him. It gave him a sense of solidarity, even if it was just them just being pissed off at the same man.

Hyy9iXr.png

"Everyone, thank you." He then turned his attention towards the mage, "And Viola, don't feel pressured to answer right now. Whether or not you do choose to join, at least travel with us until we get a safer distance from the temple."

• 3 weeks later...

Eventually, everyone gets their chance to earn a slumber free from the fear of what hardships and grueling labor tomorrow might be. Rather they are free to relax once again. However, all of our stories heroes, no matter their current location seem to all have the same dream this night.

Tunes

Your sight can't see anything beyond a bright white light, you lack your physical body. Rather it just seems you are just a floating consciousness in this white abyss. Sounds of small feet slamming into the dirt break this silence and the cheerful laughter of a little child follow with it. The sounds stop before the surprise and somewhat annoyed grunt of a young girl follow. "Brother, what is it? Shouldn't you be playing with your friends?" The female voice asks with a hint of annoyance.

"Well, I don't want to play with them. I want to play with you today Sis!" The little boy's voice was filled with eagerness.

"With me? Are you sure?"

"Yea! The others are being meanies. they wouldn't let me play with them. Besides I have the bestest Sis in the world, so who needs them?" The sister lets out a little chuckle 

"Fine then, I know just what we can do.... You're it!" What follows after is is a series of laugher with the pounding of running feet as you're slowly brought back into consciousness 

As soon as everyone in the group arises they begin to pack everything up. Strangely enough, when everyone awoke, Zentilin had a bag filled with new weapons for the group. How he was able to acquire those in the night is a mystery of itself. Oilver and Krian too agree to keep in charge of the cart, taking turns pulling it as continues forward though the forest. They had to make it out and back onto the main road while also being wary of any soldiers who were out looking for them. However, no one could have expected what was going to happen next. 

reHaHB1.jpg

Everything looked cleared so far. They haven't been caught yet and have been making good headway. It was evening and the sun was beginning to set. Zentilin had put his hood back up, why he was so eager to conceal his face no one in the group knew.

njitoR9.png

"We should be able to get to the main road before nightfall, if we keep at this pace." But just as he said it the ground started to shake and a plume of dark purple and snow white energy rose out from the tops of the trees. The purple energy was definitely some sort of dark magic, not unlike what Zentilin had been uses.

5ndolEO.png

"What in the Goddess' name was that!?" Without a moments hesitation the group headed towards the sight of the explosion, it seemed almost like the wind itself was pushing them there as they felt a strong gust at their back urging them forward. By the time they arrived most of the dust had settled and they could clearly see the remains of a large carriage. Along with that many bodies of what seem to be a mix of soldiers and prisoners. Some were pale due to the loss of their life energy while others were half cinders. There seems to be one man that survived the attack, however, clutching a lance in his hands. Though it seems he didn't come out unscathed and there are noticeable wounds on him. Not like they others though, they seemed to be more like wounds left by blades.

Rusty may now introduce his character!

raph_4_t.png

It was all going according to the plan that the Goddess had for Raph. She had gotten him to the mainland and to a place that needed his help and he was well on his way to solving the disappearances having gotten himself captured. After all, to stop a problem you need to know what was causing it. Once he got to where ever his "captors" were taking him he had planned on escaping his captors and killing the head of the snake whoever it was. Of course, that was his plan until the cart he was in stopped and he heard a commotion and he felt the goddess telling him that he needed to jump out of the cart. Having learned whenever he felt the goddess telling him something he should act on that and he did jumping from the cart just as it blew up from an explosion. Standing up from where he had landed he looked around both prisoner and guards lay dead from the explosion and found himself surrounded by cloaked figures. 

Luckily for him, there was one of the weapons the guards had landed at his feet. With a smile, he kicked up the spear and leveled it at the figures. "You fiends will find me a greater challenge than that of unarmed prisoners and unaware guards now have at you!" he called out as he charged the figures. It was a grueling fight that had left Raph near death's door bearly standing on his feet but for the moment he had driven them off or so he thought as the dust cleared he saw another group lead by one wearing a cloak. Bracing himself as he stood up straight he would at least die on his feet if that was his fate. "You fiend have returned. If it is the Goddess plan to have me die here I will make sure to take those who misused her gifts with me." Raph said as he moved to defend himself for the inevitable attack that was to come.

raph_4_t.png

Raph considers the words of the man for a moment before speaking. "Ha, like I would fall for such a ruse. Most of you may have discarded you cloaks in an attempt to fool me but one of you still wears their's and smells of dark magic. Now Prepare to Defend yourself!" He said as he started to move forward he only made it a few steps before he lost his footing a bit and planted his spear into the ground so he didn't fall over. "...Now could one of you kindly come closer so I can defeat you with the wrath of the Goddess that would be quite lovely?" He said heavily breathing but managing to stay on his feet.

The sight that Tekeshi saw caused him to sigh involuntarily, "How are you expecting to take any of us when you can barely stand?" he asked, before bringing a hand behind his head, turning his head to look at the rest, "Think one of you guys could try and explain our situation to him? Or do you think he's just going to insist on fighting us?" 

CUTE_HAT.png

"Noble warrior, we are not your enemies. Nay, we are Vivi and the Violent Bunch... I am still deciding on an name." She approaches, coming just outside of his range of attack. "If we were trying to deceive you, why would we keep up the ruse for so long. You are half dead it seems, a gust of wind or a puff of fire would bring you down with nary an effort from us. If you will allow us, we have healing supplies to help you. A chance encounter like this on the road can be nothing other than the work of the great faries of destiny! Oh how they play with us and our adventure. You were meant to be rescued by us! So come! Let us both play the roles that fate have cast for us!" 

Viola, meanwhile, had said nothing. She was a bit occupied at the moment, having started the casting of a spell in response to the man's threats. Once he'd shown he wasn't actually a threat (even if he wanted to be,) she'd tried to cancel the spell before realizing she hadn't quite done that mid-cast before. A flustered look crept onto her face as wind swirled around her, Viola trying to dismiss the spell without just blasting a nearby tree or the like.