Your occupation in Reborn City?

Star Arcana

7 minutes ago, Lord Drakyle said:

@example @Zander  I don't quite think arguing about the validity, accuracy or who has more 'realistic' ideas for their own occupations and characters in Reborn City is the intended purpose of this thread or place for it.

To be honest, this is supposed to be for fun. I picked a more "average" life because I wanted to represent an accurate view of what I think I'd be like in Reborn. I'm not one to charge terrorists if given time to think it over, and I don't think I'd have traveled considering the state of the world. The furthest I'd have gone was Agate, because illness would have forced my parents to leave the polluted city (and that's later in my life). This is reflected in my team, which is made up of 'mons found within city walls. Should I draw up my bf's likely team, it would be a tad more exotic, as he'd have been a pro trainer for a few years.

That being said, nothing wrong with going heroic if you feel that's the route you'd take.  It may be hard to find some of those Pokémon, but I'm assuming other regions exist and yeah. Plus, I think thieving punks would be extra motivated to steal exotic Pokémon from visitors and sell them on the black market, which could make them accessible to Reborn-ians. 

I hope the tone of this post is peaceful and positive, as that is my intent.  ^-^ 

Personally, I'd be a chill reserve leader for, well, everyone. I'd live my days out in peace and harmony, until I'm needed. Whether a Gym Leader dies, or is wrapped up in something, I'll be there to step up and take responsibility in the leader's absence. I'd have a variety of teams of course, seeing as I could fill in for all 18 leaders if need be. I'd first get this philosophy by watching Saphira fend off Team Meteor, and realizing I could never be as good or talented as someone like her at the way my life was going. That inspired me to do the best I can and help out. I went all over the world, the universe even, searching for new Pokemon, techniques, etc. But something I found out about myself is, I never really liked doing one thing. I was good at multi tasking, and used hundreds of different techniques to get myself out of binds. It was at that point I realized, I had become protean. All the different environments, Pokemon, People. Everything I was exposed to actually biologically changed me. I knew I could use this ability for evil, but I thought that that would just be setting myself up for failure. So I decided to use my newfound ability productively, and try out for every single Gym Leader position in the league. It took about 9 different types before Ame realized what was up. I knew this was what I wanted to do. Use different things, test different ideas. Doing the same thing forever is boring anyway. Why not switch it up. And besides, at the end of the day, I'll be the spine, holding the the Reborn Region up. How cool is that? My casual team is- 

Greninja

Garchomp

Charizard

Galvantula

Mega Medicham

Skarmory. 

In Reborn, where Pokémon mean (almost) everything, I would dedicate myself to some theoretic field about them - though Pokemon healthcare has never been a serious topic in the franchise ever, I'd imagine it to be very fun and rewarding to make them and their trainers happy by researching and treating less common Pokemon illnesses. For my proficiency in the field, I'd be a regular guest at the Onyx Trainer School, teaching young trainers the basics about Pokemon biology and some of its relevant subfields.

My favourite place is the Coral Ward, since the piers at the lake are the most refreshing to be at in the whole city. 
Unfortunately, it felt too uncomfortable to actually keep living in its dark and lonely streets after the city fell to ruin. 
At some point, I left my childhood home and moved into a small apartment in a corner of Onyx Ward. Despite having the opportunity to live in the affluent Lapis Ward by now, such a life has never interested me.
After the city was restored and Coral became the most beautiful ward yet again, I couldn't resist the nostalgia, took a 28 day vacation and moved back there, enjoying the pleasant breezes coming from the lake once more.
My workplace are all the Pokemon Centers throughout the city, and like I said, the OTS at times.
However, in an age in which technology is amazing, phyiscal presence is not particularly necessary for most treatments, so I generally reside in the laboratory of the Grand Hall (I imagine it to be an actually much bigger superhub in a realistic setting), of which I am the head scientist.

I am particularly good friends with Shelly, who - despite her young age - shows a great deal of knowledge already, and is eager to learn more and more.
Sometimes, when her duty as a gym leader doesn't eat up her time, she fulfills errands for the laboratory and often spends time reading about complex matters others couldn't grasp yet.

Because I mainly work at the Grand Hall, I also run - or rather, ran - into the city manager @Amethyst everyday, and I frequently tried to bribe her with strawberry cake to increase my funding.
Her Alolan Ninetales 'Shimmer' once suffered a severe illness, but thanks to everyone involved and many hours of personal nightly overtime, a cure was found before it was too late.
Rumours say that I was appointed head scientist very shortly after that. I can neither confirm nor deny that.
Naturally, being on good terms with the overall boss in town has its perks regardless, like making other acquaintances in higher places.

As for my Pokemon...
I don't keep a battle-ready team and have only three Pokemon you might see. 
Especially young trainers often make fun of my Charjabug, but he is a great help both at work and at home. And a little Zap! brings a lot of youngsters back down to earth.
Of course, Charjabug isn't the strongest by nature. So if I do end up battling, I rather rely on my Ampharos to keep the voltage high. She's electro-cute like that.
For real though, I'm into Electric types, and despite us sharing that trait and an optimistc outlook on life, I never let Julia close to my lab.

A biologist can't not have a Grass type either, so, mostly to annoy a certain someone, I have kept a Budew that I found somewhere three and a half years ago.
His spores are a great help, a staple test sample or reagent for work.
Budew and I are good friends, but for some reason, it just doesn't like to evolve.
These days, when I'm neither at work nor enjoying the proximity of the lake, you will often find me at the Beryl Cemetery, where Budew and I mourn the recent death of a former good friend.
It often hops onto the gravestone, and to me it is still a mystery why it sometimes seems to laugh quietly.

Ooooh interesting topic

For one Reborn doesn't have any large commercial ships, so going with my IRL job, that is a no go.

Reborn also doesn't have an airport, so no Radar means no job.

I can imagine that the Grand Hall is where they do television casts, as well as radio broadcast, so I will more than likely work there, in the maintenance department fixing the radios. BUT, if not there then I am a certified electrician, so I can work at the power plant giving Reborn (especially those affected by the PULSE) power. Also I would be working tirelessly in the restoration project to make Reborn it is in episode 16. Place to live is definitely, the Coral Ward, due to my history with the sea, my life as a sailor, and I love the atmosphere there. My pokemon team will be mainly for utility, so Electivire for sure would be on my team as well as Magnezone.

Since Reborn doesn't have a Space Centre (yet?), I'd probably work at Silph trying to apply quantum physics to Pokemon and live in a ward full of trees like Jasper, Beryl or Obsidia. I'd have a pet Espeon and work with Alakazam (IQ 5000!), Porygon and Rotom to handle computers

At the moment I work in a library, so I think I might want to work as one of Shelly's gym trainers; I'm sure she has collected some interesting books. I'm still studying and working towards licensure though, so with luck I could find new work after Shelly leaves to go be a hero with the MC. Maybe I would be able to work on one of the restoration building projects? Working on the new Grandview Station would be pretty cool.

Working in Lapis Gym suggests I would be training some Bug mons. I think Vivillon, Ariados, and Ribombee would be my partners, but on my personal team I would be inclined to also catch a Starmie (for the aesthetics)

oohh.... well then,

I'd be Ainz Ooal Gown in disguise, because Lin attacked Nazarick in the past, and i want her to pay for that. Probably i'll use an illusion spell to use human form as a disguise and i'll choose to become one of the Arceus's cultist, because it looks like Arceus is very interesting to me and I want to take it to Nazarick due to it's mysteries. And so, i have 2 missions to complete : Make Lin pay with her life and drag Arceus to Nazarick.

And i'll do it whatever it takes , for the sake of Nazarick and my comrades.

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

Professional oggler, part-time beer enthusist, closet bourbonist, and a horticulturist.

Meganium -> Grows my plants faster and healthier, and Vine Whip ladder for discreet oggling

Porygon Z -> Provides statistics about my plant growth and can act as a map to the closest bar

Bisharp -> Ultra plant cutter, protection from scruffy looking nerf-herders

Dragonite -> Drinking buddy

Absol -> Can use disaster sense to sense when there's a horticultural disaster (read: money-making opportunity), also can stop me overindulging on bourbon

Charizard -> Set people on fire. Why else would you have a Charizard?

Edited by The Drunken Dragonite
Needed a '?' After all, a rhetorical question is still a question

• Global Mods

I'd be a TV reporter or article writer who makes puns about everything happening around Reborn. 

"Team Meteor's plan to destroy the Neo Circuit Plant blew up in their faces!" 

"Since Agate City is closed off due to a strange sleeping phenomenon, everyone is clowning around at the circus" 

"With Adrienn's help, the city has been Reborn!"