A wild fanart appeared!

Freya

someone please change ame's avatar to this

Damn, I went to do this but I somehow bombed it, and don't have enough rupees to do it right. Someone kill me.

On another note, it's so awesome, both a doodle and concept.

Hmm, so I hope this is the right place to ask, buuut
I am going to commission a friend of mine for art soon, and one of the pieces I was gonna ask her to draw was ZEL with one of the Eeveelutions.
Thought I'd look through here if there's any fanart of them to be found, since the game sprites are rather tiny for a ref, and I really shouldn't make an artist who never played the game try to figure out how the charries are supposed to look like.
But the only piece I found, while friggin' cool (dat hairstyle!) is a headshot so it doesn't serve well as a ref.

According to in-game info, they're supposedly stuck in Zero's body, so they would be biologically male? But the game sprite looks rather feminine IMO, so I'm not sure?
And are there any refs or info at all on their clothes, since the sprites are a bit too small to show the details?
If not, I was just gonna suggest to go for a plain black longsleeve instead of whatever they're wearing. (Changing clothes is a thing ok)

Also, friend asks what body type/shape they should have.

If there's any way to answer this, it'd be lovely~

In the meantime, lemme stare some more at everyone's amazing art <3
And mourn the fact that I still haven't figured out how to properly draw humans.

Edited by Ama

Hmm, so I hope this is the right place to ask, buuut

I am going to commission a friend of mine for art soon, and one of the pieces I was gonna ask her to draw was ZEL with one of the Eeveelutions.

Thought I'd look through here if there's any fanart of them to be found, since the game sprites are rather tiny for a ref, and I really shouldn't make an artist who never played the game try to figure out how the charries are supposed to look like.

But the only piece I found, while friggin' cool (dat hairstyle!) is a headshot so it doesn't serve well as a ref.

According to in-game info, they're supposedly stuck in Zero's body, so they would be biologically male? But the game sprite looks rather feminine IMO, so I'm not sure?

And are there any refs or info at all on their clothes, since the sprites are a bit too small to show the details?

If not, I was just gonna suggest to go for a plain black longsleeve instead of whatever they're wearing. (Changing clothes is a thing ok)

Also, friend asks what body type/shape they should have.

If there's any way to answer this, it'd be lovely~

In the meantime, lemme stare some more at everyone's amazing art <3And mourn the fact that I still haven't figured out how to properly draw humans.

You may ask the higher up for that. To me it seems like all the grunts are wearing cat suits and ZEL is male. Edited by HakuTaku

Their versus sprite is an edited version of Grimsley's, so as of now I've p much told my friend that if I can't find out anyhing, they could work with that.
Grimsley's not exactly the most masculine male either, so perhaps it's kinda like that with Zero.
Though the full-body sprite honestly had me thinking of ZEL as biologically female for the whole game up until that point in Ametrine.

I feel a bit shy about messaging anyone directly, since it's more of a, uh, frivolous matter, not a game problem or anything. [nervous noises]

Edited by Ama

Their versus sprite is an edited version of Grimsley's, so as of now I've p much told my friend that if I can't find out anyhing, they could work with that.

Grimsley's not exactly the most masculine male either, so perhaps it's kinda like that with Zero.

Though the full-body sprite honestly had me thinking of ZEL as biologically female for the whole game up until that point in Ametrine.

I feel a bit shy about messaging anyone directly, since it's more of a, uh, frivolous matter, not a game problem or anything. [nervous noises]

You're not alone, ZEL's sprite really got me thinking he0s female biologically as well xD . But well I think they aimed to make ZEL a Xe o-o

Well, it could be a possibility that the presence of Eve and Lumi has influnced the physical apearance; either biologically (this is the Pokemon world, I stopped questioning possibilities when Bill turned into a Clefairy) or in terms of gender presentation.

From what I read on this thread, discussion-wise, people seemed to agree that an androgynous look was a good possible take on them, which I personally agre with. But my friend did ask about the body type because it's important to her for drawing the right shape.

If there isn't a clear answer, would male with an androgynous gender presentation do it, then?

Well, it could be a possibility that the presence of Eve and Lumi has influnced the physical apearance; either biologically (this is the Pokemon world, I stopped questioning possibilities when Bill turned into a Clefairy) or in terms of gender presentation.

From what I read on this thread, discussion-wise, people seemed to agree that an androgynous look was a good possible take on them, which I personally agre with. But my friend did ask about the body type because it's important to her for drawing the right shape.

If there isn't a clear answer, would male with an androgynous gender presentation do it, then?

I'd assume so, ZEL doesn't seem to have a body with female breasts

anyone got some pose ideas for saphira im stumped

Posing scandalously, underdressed and covered only by an artful selection of foamy white bubbles.

*cough* In all seriousness, though, maybe brushing her hair away from her face with her hand while giving a look of cold disdain? Shruuuuuuuuug

• Upvote 3

• Administrators

Well, it could be a possibility that the presence of Eve and Lumi has influnced the physical apearance; ......in terms of gender presentation.

This is pretty much accurate. It isn't always Zero getting up and dressing himself in the morning. Eventually the three of them had to settle on some sort of shoddy compromise for presentation.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I love this!

Terra looks fantastic there, swinging her hammer. And Radomus, Radomus!

And Florinia's so pretty like always <3

Congrats on finishing all this work~