[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keldor hastily nodded at Ragash before he said "Well it has been a pleasure to meet the two of you, although I must ask that you do not refer to me as a good dwarf, as I have already given you my name". As he said those words he noticed another half elf proffer an odd looking vial at him, and he quietly wondered why she would assume that he knew absolutely anything about how a (wo)man would bring someone back to life with nothing but a vial of blood. This is why he gave her an odd look before he flatly replied with. "Well how should I know? I'm a fighter, not a miracle worker".

Keldor cautiously prepared to follow after the group by placing himself somewhere behind the barbarian and the bard. As he realized that anyone confident enough to march into the front lines of combat without any armor on his person must have a trick up his sleeve...or they are just plain foolish. That and the bard was technically heavier armored than he was, and he found that to be weird and unnatural.

The group continues north after climbing a short set of stairs they find that the landing is covered with spiderwebs, the floor sticky under your feet.
Webs span every inch of this room except a thin path to the three exits of the chamber.
A path leads up a set of stairs to the west and towards a door that lies to your north.
In the east of the dark chamber lies a body, covered in webs and spiders, his face a rictus of pain and his eyes bulging.
Keldor catches a glimpse of the lifeless face and recognizes Kartenix immediately.
The spiders seem to be taking no notice of you, currently preoccupied with weaving a cocoon around their previous victim.

Ragash's pace slowed as they entered into the spider webs, anyone watching her would notice a change in her as she lacked her usual confidence she had. "Yeah its doesn't look like there's any goblins to catch we should go back and check those other rooms we pasted there might be a few there." She said quickly as she shrunk back behind every one away from the webs. "I'll jsut make sure nothing is coming from behind." She said as she moved away.

Edited by rustytengo

Anyone who was paying attention to Keldor would be able to catch him staring at the lifeless face that he unfortunately knew all too well. And after a silent moment had passed he would quietly quip "Well. At least we now know what happened to Kartenix and his brilliant plan". He would then slowly follow the suspiciously dark skinned and yet surprisingly reasonable Elf's example as he said "I'll uh...watch Ragash's flank to make sure that nothing happens to her". As he realized that he was in fact, practically naked outside of his suit of chainmail.

yisan starts heading back and as he passes Adronsius he says we got spiders up there and some of the party does not want to go through so we are going to see if anything is in the rooms we have not checked. he will then lead them to the room with the magical picture and go though that door

Heading back and opening the door you missed before you find A hallway stretches north and south into the darkness.
Two jagged 10ft holes in the floor runs the width of the passageway one to the north and one to the south.
A rope hangs from the middle of the ceiling above each of the pits and extends down into the darkness.

Edited by lifesapity

Ragsh looks in  to the hallway and see's the holes " I wonder if those are where those shafts lead to from the mushroom room down below? So anyone have have any clues how to cross these? It looks like there is a corner up there." She said pointing to the north.

Keldor glances at the hole for a few moments as he examined every single inch of it to try and find a way for him to cross. And it takes him a while before he finally says "I would jump, but I feel that it would be a bad idea to do that without any assistance...just in case we find something terrible waiting for us on the other side".

Yauja looks at the deep gashes in the floor and says "Well, such a short hop is of little concern for me, but what is of concern is our wounded and inherently weaker allies. If they can not cross this, then we are divided. Giving strength to the enemy."

Keldor shrugs at the man's arrogance before he turns to scan the assembled group to try and find someone who might be more willing to help. He eventually settles on the tall (To Keldor all Elves are tall) and bald elf who was inexplicably both unarmed and unarmored...and yet the man managed to come off as being one of the more dangerous people in the group. He quietly wondered if the group that rescued him had some form of disdain for wearing the proper amount of protection when he said "Right...may I ask you to help me scout ahead? I honestly don't know what might be ahead of us, but I honestly don't want to leave the room only to find out much later that another one of the prisoners were kept here".

upon hearing this yisan couldn't hold in a little his laughter but managed to stifle it to a chuckle. once he regained composer he looked at Keldor and said "how do you expect weak little goblins to throw a hostage larger than they are over not one, but two ten foot wide holes? i think we better find another room."

Ragash looked at Yisan "Yes because we had to past two holes to get here. There's only on blocking the way forward if you haven't looked. Besides who said anything about the goblins having to throw them across they might have a plank or something they use to get past here on the other side, and don't forget one of the prisoners is a child."