[D&D][IC] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

Ragash not seeing anything that looks like it was going to jump out and attack them slips in the room away from the torch light(it hurt her eyes a bit) and wandered forward a bit to get a better look at what the ruins where hiding from her eyes.

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving into the ruins ahead, Ragash the ruins seem to be clear of any enemies. The only recognizable features are; the four corner walls one of which is covered in mushrooms, two collapsed staircases that used to lead downwards, and the ruins of an altar resting within a star on the floor made of different color stone.
A set of doors lay towards the East, and another shaft leading upwards lays above the large pile of mushrooms in the northwest.

Edited by lifesapity

Ragash looked at the stone star on the floor for few moments before deciding it was boring and started heading further into the room well pointing out things she saw. "Doorway over there." She said pointing to the doors "Boring stone star of different color here." She said as she pointed at the star. "And mushrooms leading up to a shaft of some sort." She finished walking towards the mushroom pile not caring if the other could she what she was pointing to or if they could see her.

To Ragash

Turning around the corner the corner you watch as a drop of water drips from the shaft above hitting the pile of mushrooms ahead of you, over time they have slowly expanded and started to climb the wall of the ruin closest to you.

To Yisan

You don't think the star is of any arcane significance, but the runes contained within remind of those used in religious burial rituals.
You roughly translate the meaning of a few of the runes as; Protection from Necromancy, Eternal Rest, Peaceful Slumber and Safe Passage.

Edited by lifesapity

"Sooooo...who wants to try climbing the tower of mushrooms first, or should we just go through the doors?" Ragash asked walking closer to the mushroom tower. Totally not thinking about climbing the mushrooms. She would never do the thing that looks the most entertaining. Nope not at all.  

Opening the door to the adjoining room, you hear can hear a very quiet crackling noise. Inside you see and old crone standing inside a magic rune that is carved in the floor, three points of the rune candles burn with a blue flame.
In the corner of the room is an open book with two burnt out candles next to it.
An elderly woman's voice says "Hello... who's there?"

Ragash tries to step on the mushrooms if the can support her weight seh does her best to move steathy on them and check out to see where the shaft above them leads to

Spoiler

Rolled stealth got 16 to move up the mushrooms and see where the shaft goes  

To Ragash

The mushrooms are not able to support any weight, However you manage to push your way into them slightly so you can peer up the shaft, about 20ft off the ground in the darkness you are able to see a rope dangling that leads another 20 ft towards the top of the shaft.  There seems to be a passage at the apex.

To Maris @DragonRage
Pushing into the pile of mushrooms, and looking up the shaft you can also see a rope dangling 20ft off the floor in the shaft.

To Yisan @Jace Stormkirk

You aren't able to discern anything about the symbol around the crone, and the book has been heavily worn by time leaving it mostly unreadable, but it seems to have something to do with the burial ritual you saw earlier.

Ragash Looks over to Maris "Okay i just need you to give me a boost up and i should be able to grab the rope dangling from the shaft. And then once i get in the shaft i will lower my rope that i have ad you can climb up on that. Sound good?" She says quietly to Maris.

yisan goes over to the barbarian and says "ok it seems she is some king of burial ritual that prevents dead folk from coming back to life. must have really spooked them. anyways lets put out the candles and get her out of here

yisan then uses prestidigitation to put out the candles and if that does not work he will cut the candles with his rapier

With a flick of Yisan's fingers the candles each flicker out, Zerriksa test her hands against where the barrier used to be, smiles a nearly toothless grin and steps outside of the runes.
"Well that was easy for you. Scared those goblins into thinking I would turn em into toads so they wouldn't hurt me. Kind of backfired when they locked me in there."
Her tongue flicks out a couple of times like a snake tasting the air. "Wouldn't happen to be able to spare a sip of water would you."

Ragash after getting a boost from Maris attempts to climb the wall the rest of the way to the rope. ignoring the halfling for now to not mess with her concentration.

Spoiler

14 for athletics  even if i had advantage it didn't do anything for me